• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
yay for enclosed. easily the best of the community offerings currently. as for me not winning... clearly its because i missed the deadline by one day
unless you went by urk's incorrect date posted in one of the bwu

GhaleonEB

Sikamikanico said:
Attention NON-US Based Forgers!

Looking to get some clips together of a bunch of awesome GAF maps for a showcase video I'm going to put together. I figured it'd be fun to show all the awesomeness that we weren't allowed to enter into the Forgetacular competition. If you're interested, please sling me a PM with a link to some clips, your Gamertag and the map name.

If you're stuck on what would make for a few good clips, just send me a saved film of a game on your map, and I'll take care of the rest.

I will fund all the rendering for this, so what have you got to lose?

*fully expects no interest whatsoever*

:)
Just thought I'd call attention to this. If any non-US GAFers have some maps they put together but didn't get to submit to the Forgetacular contest because, well, you couldn't, I'm sure some of those Community Cartographer dudes might be keeping on the lookout for them.

ElRenoRaven

ZayneH said:
auntie_mot.jpg

Thanks for the nightmares.

I dunno. She's kind of hot.....

*Notices that there is more to the picture*

*Looks up at the top half of the picture*

Meh I'd still hit it. bags do wonders.

j/k

feel

Brigadier at last!!

Even got a message from a sore loser just as I was being promoted to make the moment even better:
Code:
hope ur house burns down.

And I love the processing/response-time on my new tv, I'm performing so much better, the bullets actually hit where and when I want now, without sacrificing eye candy like I would need to to achieve similar results on my previous one (I refused to uglify things with Game mode on my old lcd from 2008).

feel

Trasher said:
Shogun got banned eh? What for?
Not sure, I was surprised he dodged it the other day when he dissed 2 pc games in a thread full of mods/admins
and instead got those classic smileys removed from gaf :(

MrBig

Letters said:
Not sure, I was surprised he dodged it the other day when he dissed 2 pc games in a thread full of mods/admins
and instead got those classic smileys removed from gaf :(
Link to that?

GhaleonEB said:
Just thought I'd call attention to this. If any non-US GAFers have some maps they put together but didn't get to submit to the Forgetacular contest because, well, you couldn't, I'm sure some of those Community Cartographer dudes might be keeping on the lookout for them.

No interest yet. I kinda wanna do a video just for fun, so how about a general HaloGAF Forge video?

Lots of awesome content for that!

2500cR
Shootin' and Lootin'
Kill 250 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

1000cR
One Spartan Army
Kill 100 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

2750cR
Storm's Comin'
Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic or harder with Mythic and Thunderstorm on.

1700cR
Cook 'em, Clean 'em!
Kill 5 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking while you're jet-packing.

It's been almost two weeks since I did a challenge, now that I think of it. Not really feeling the urge to do them anymore, either. Reach has lost its grip on me, or at least its credits system has. :D

Still a heck of a fine game, though.

Arnie

Reached Colonel last night, got my Gold visor and my Grenadier shoulder piece to nearly round out my Jorge inspired Spartan and all of a sudden I've lost any urge I had to grind out these dailies. General seems too far away which is when I get the final piece I need, so after the mammoth effort I put in to reach Colonel I can't be arsed. Not to mention I go back to University in a couple of days so I think my Reach playtime will be put on the back burner.

Magni

Arnie said:
Reached Colonel last night, got my Gold visor and my Grenadier shoulder piece to nearly round out my Jorge inspired Spartan and all of a sudden I've lost any urge I had to grind out these dailies. General seems too far away which is when I get the final piece I need, so after the mammoth effort I put in to reach Colonel I can't be arsed. Not to mention I go back to University in a couple of days so I think my Reach playtime will be put on the back burner.

Same, reached Colonel Thursday night, and got the final 10k CR I needed for the Gold Visor last night. Got my ass handed to me by Lunchbox too (though I was his Most Killed By :D )

Hey You said:
Hopefully this map by Joeski is better than the one that's currently in MM.

I've become something of an Atom fan. The underneath area isn't the best, but I like it more than Epitaph, Snowbound, and Isolation. Not saying much maybe.

Edited for: Enclosed--played it for the first time the other day. Game was laggy as hell but I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to playing it in regular MM. Hopefully it won't just be in Arena.

LordAlu

Blue Ninja said:
It's been almost two weeks since I did a challenge, now that I think of it. Not really feeling the urge to do them anymore, either. Reach has lost its grip on me, or at least its credits system has. :D

Still a heck of a fine game, though.
It doesn't help that the challenges are very, very samey. :(

I don't think they are...

They definitely gave a heads up for linked up challenge, and that has only showed up like twice which means its not in rotation.

Bregmann Roche said:
There was a rumor floating around that this wasn't as carved in stone as was originally believed. Don't know if that was dispelled or not.
It's not a rumor, Urk said so himself. He said, if I recall correctly, that he was mistaken, and that new ones can be added.

equil

This achievement is so hard to get....

Totally Worth It
Earn a Double Kill from the Grave in multiplayer Matchmaking.

I've been trying for so long.

Havok

I recommend not trying, it's not skill based at all. Invasion on Breakpoint is where I got mine, with generous grenade spam. Just hope it comes naturally with normal play.

MrBig

equil said:

Totally Worth It

I got the achievement in an anonymous gaf boosting party, but since then I've gotten it 3 more times. BTB and Multi team. And yes, you are more likely to get it if you aren't thinking about it.

equil said:

Totally Worth It

I got it in my first match on Anchor 9. It wasn't difficult. A double Kill from the grave isn't that hard to get in Multiteam/BTB. The stockpile achieve is much harder if you play alone...

CozMick

Banned
Has the Firefight problem on 4gb and 16gb flashcards been resolved yet?

Microsoft stated that a fix was coming in September but still no sign :(

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
It's not a rumor, Urk said so himself. He said, if I recall correctly, that he was mistaken, and that new ones can be added.
The templates for Challenges are built into the game. The variables the templates pull can be modified. So you won't see any 'new' Challenges per see, but rather modifications of the stuff we've seen so far.

Speaking of Achievements, I have two left to get in Reach: the one for Skunking a team in Invasion, and You Ate All the Chips. If anyone wants to help me get those this weekend (or whenever) lemme know.

brokenwatch said:
Frankie talking about next Master Chief game (halo 4?).. Is this new? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-m4pJC4CLA
This was at Comic-Con, which was before the game came out. But I hadn't seen video of it, so thanks for posting it.

Louis Wu

equil said:
Alright so I guess my persistence paid off because pretty much the game after i posted above, I ended up getting it with an overkill.

4 From the Grave?

That was also my last achievement. Woot Woot
lol - you only got two from the grave (you had the double before you died) - but still pretty nice. (You also got an assist in there at the end...)

equil said:

Totally Worth It

I gave up on getting it, and proceeded to get it in the next multiteam game I played. I then proceeded to get it two more times the following days. It just wouldn't stop giving.

ElRenoRaven

I know the feeling. I have 3 left to get but just can't. I know once I got the double kill from beyond the grave but it never counted it.

I'm still working on Cross Mapin, you ate all the chips, and of course totally worth it.

Cross Mapin I've tried and tried but I just can't do it. I haven't really tried you ate all the chips but I know that would be impossible for me to get anyway. I never get good groups. One of these days 8 gaffers should magically find each other in match making lol.

equil

PsychoRaven said:
I know the feeling. I have 3 left to get but just can't. I know once I got the double kill from beyond the grave but it never counted it.

I'm still working on Cross Mapin, you ate all the chips, and of course totally worth it.

Cross Mapin I've tried and tried but I just can't do it. I haven't really tried you ate all the chips but I know that would be impossible for me to get anyway. I never get good groups. One of these days 8 gaffers should magically find each other in match making lol.

I got cross mapin on hemorrhage. Just sit in the very back of one of the bases, and shoot people fighting mid map.

Louis Wu

PsychoRaven said:

I don't play with enough friends to get You Ate All the Chips. And I NEVER use Armor Lock, so Poppin' and Lockin' is gonna be tough. :(

I also haven't been able to get a Rocket Race game (it gets voted down every time it comes up), so I'm not sure if I'll ever get Offensive Driver.

Cross Mappin' I got the first time I actually TRIED for it (which wasn't until a couple of weeks ago :) ). I just went up on the Red ledge, and tried pinging people in front of Blue base. Eventually, one of them died, and the achievement unlocked.

Totally Worth It, as several others have said, comes easiest when you're not looking for it. Just play chaotic games (Multi Team!), and throw lots of grenades. :)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Cuban Legend said:
I was asking what platform you played on because I think you should get in on the PC version of BC2 son.

You're just trying to beat PS3 BC2 GAF in numbers. I won't let that happen. *falls from the sky and sword stabs Cuban, then slowly sneaks out HaloGAF thread since his 360 is dead*

ElRenoRaven

equil said:
I got cross mapin on hemorrhage. Just sit in the very back of one of the bases, and shoot people fighting mid map.

Yea I've tried time and again. Ironically though I just played it in Big team and this time I got it by destroying a guy on a mongoose. LMAO

So now I'm down to you ate all the chips and Totally worth it. lol

PsychoRaven said:
Yea I've tried time and again. Ironically though I just played it in Big team and this time I got it by destroying a guy on a mongoose. LMAO

So now I'm down to you ate all the chips and Totally worth it. lol

I got this on Paradiso in Big team. You can hold the flags in the base and defend them there while the other half of your teammates try to retrieve the other ones.

Although it might be easier on sword base with a decent team.

GhaleonEB

Louis Wu said:
I don't play with enough friends to get You Ate All the Chips. And I NEVER use Armor Lock, so Poppin' and Lockin' is gonna be tough. :(
I got Poppin' and Lockin' last night, using Armor Lock for the first time (I roll exclusively with Sprint in multiplayer). I basically wandered around Hemorrhage waiting for a Ghost to charge me. When one did, I locked, and it thumped into me, taking minor damage, and glanced off to the side. Curses.

And then the genius turns around and charges again, immediately. I lock and he blows up, Achievement unlocked. I had been putting that one off because I expected to feel like an asshole getting it (aka, someone who uses armor lock), but this guy kinda earned it.

Top Bottom