• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Monocle

NullPointer said:
Maybe it's just me but I don't think we're going see another Halo with Bungie's style of gameplay, so I'm not expecting any changes that bring back the feel of previous games. Reach is probably the end of the line as far as that is concerned.

Its time for new blood, and a new take on the universe. About the only thing I'd expect to stay in terms of keeping the game a "Halo" game is open vistas and excellent AI.

Then again I could be absolutely wrong.
If you're right, I'm probably done with the Halo series. No doubt I'd be joining a legion of other fans. But honestly, I don't expect 343 to F us in the A that hard and fast. If Halo is to diverge from Bungie's formula, it'll be at a slow drift. I hope.

zumphry

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Good games, Zayne.

Yep, thanks for helping me get those Challenges.

As for Arcade, it definitely needs to be made a permanent playlist, with the gametypes also put into Score Attack. Complements to the chef
Maybe I shouldn't have Three's Company in the background when typing :p

The payouts in it have been really nice so far, and this weekend should hopefully let me get to Brigadier (and then it'll just be until about Aerospace's first DLC pack that I'll hit General :lo-oh wait that's still gone :( )

And some commendation's I got tonight:
silver_large_leaderkill_firefight.png

iron_large_vehicle_firefight.png

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Man, FireFight Arcade is AWESOME. I love it. It's a breath of fresh air for Reach and is just pure insanity. Elites with UNSC weapons, 8,000 skirmishers, crazy gametypes, oh man. It's no holds barred with these gametypes. :D

Nutter

Voltron64 said:
Same here. :\
Hah, oh Voltron, you left Halo as soon as Modern Warfare came out. :p

Btw, Yes I still play Reach.. I do not play much of anything else, and until a game comes along that I want to play it will stay the same. And no i will not play BLOPS, I HATE all COD games MP, there is absolutely no skill in that game. But do not get me wrong, Reach is the bastard child of Halo games to me, but I will not go back to playing Halo 3, I played that game to death, so for now because I just play 1 game and that is Halo, Reach being the new Halo, I continue to play it. I have enjoyed it lately more so than usual, but not sure if that is because I have gotten used to the mechanics and gotten better, or something else.. who the f cares. Reach will be irrelevant by this time next year.

Gui_PT

The Love of the Game
Complete 17 games in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Edit: Thanks Shogun !!!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I haven't played Reach myself for weeks since I got all these winter games and since my live ran out a month and a half ago. Otherwise, a couple times with family or friends. Otherwise, never.

elektrixx

Banned
I finally picked this up today. I thought they fixed the poor blurring effect after the beta. I was wrong. It annoys me to the point where I can't play anymore. It doesn't look as sharp or as colourful as ODST and 3 as a result.

Gui_PT

elektrixx said:
I finally picked this up today. I thought they fixed the poor blurring effect after the beta. I was wrong. It annoys me to the point where I can't play anymore. It doesn't look as sharp or as colourful as ODST and 3 as a result.

The blurring problems from the beta were fixed. The effects you have now are just the way they want it to be.

But then again, so is Armor Lock (insert smilie here)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
squidhands said:
*checks bnet messages*

Crap.

yeah, there must be some mistake, i didnt receive my notification either (god damnit bungie, my map kicked ass)

;)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
bobs99 ... said:
Yep, if only there was a way in which I could quickly display how comedic I found the scenario.

Oh well. :(

:p

To be fair Evillore went a bit overboard, and I doubt my specific post was the reason for the removal, he just doesn't like how they are used period.

Still, it's funny as hell. Especially OT going nuts about it.

op_ivy said:
yeah, there must be some mistake, i didnt receive my notification either (god damnit bungie, my map kicked ass)

;)
I know who won the Slayer category, and I can say that it isn't anyone from HaloGAF. I'm guessing that the announcement of the winners will be rolled into the BWU, but I wouldn't mind seeing a separate article posted beforehand.

VV lol, I was thinking the same thing. Don't get to a Field Marshall by just forging.

Nadefight sucks balls. I thought yea regenerating grenades thats awesome...NOPE, once you throw your nades its over, have fun with normal weapons.

xxjuicesxx said:
Nadefight sucks balls. I thought yea regenerating grenades thats awesome...NOPE, once you throw your nades its over, have fun with normal weapons.
Yeah, I don't like how you start off with 4 of each grenade, but can only pick up a max of 2 of each kind. Also don't like the fact that you can pick up other weapons, but that goes for all of the modes.

Still a fun playlist, though. I'll be skipping MM for quite a while.

ShinAmano

xxjuicesxx said:
Honestly I think most of the Arcade FF types are pretty bad...teh exception being the incredible fistfight.

squidhands said:
It is confirmed that turret kills = vehicle kills. Covie turrets don't work for it, though.

Yep, tested it myself last night as well. Now the question is, what maps beside Glacier have human turrets? For some reason I can't remember any of the others having one.

xxjuicesxx said:

Lolz, that's pretty much the same thing I said when it first came out. I was excited at the prospect of sticking countless elites but no :( Not to mention, it would have been a brilliant way to work on my grenade commendation. Fistfight is the one I like but Rocketfight and FRGfight will work great for getting my heavy weapon commendation up. I don't really care for heavy weapons outside of these settings so it's a good way to force me to use them. In fact, I think it's the only commendation I don't have at least to Bronze in MP though I'm only 9 kills off from doing so IIRC.

GhaleonEB

Squall ASF said:
Yep, tested it myself last night as well. Now the question is, what maps beside Glacier have human turrets? For some reason I can't remember any of the others having one.
Overlook, Holdout and Outpost have one, as does Courtyard over to the left at the start of the decline.

I'm going to use the Outpost one for some Score Attack tonight, see how it goes.

Speaking of which - I kinda wish there was a Warthog on Overlook. The map is plenty big enough for one.

Squall ASF said:
Besides Glacier, Holdout, Overlook, Courtyard, and Outpost all have one or more.

GhaleonEB said:
Overlook, Holdout and Outpost have one, as does Courtyard over to the left at the start of the decline.

I'm going to use the Outpost one for some Score Attack tonight, see how it goes.

Speaking of which - I kinda wish there was a Warthog on Overlook. The map is plenty big enough for one.

That's right, Outpost has one on the roof. Overlook sounds familar but can't place it and I don't remember it on Holdout or Courtyard. Courtyard is the only surprise as I namely just play Courtyard and Corvette with a little Beachhead here or there in score attack. I'll have to hunt them down for this silly vehicle commendation. Thanks.

On another note, why are the challenge payouts so horrible? We keep getting time consuming tasks (play 17 matches) and then get horrible payoff. 17 games for 2500? Really? I know we'll earn more for playing the matches themselves but 4k would have been nice incentive.

Yea I wanted to work on my firefight nade commendation but I kept running out of nades. It should be called weapon fight if you're going to have infinite ammo and not infintite nades...who the fuck is in charge of this?

IZZO

Neo Member
xxjuicesxx said:
Yea I wanted to work on my firefight nade commendation but I kept running out of nades. It should be called weapon fight if you're going to have infinite ammo and not infintite nades...who the fuck is in charge of this?
Well your main weapon that you spawn with is a grenade launcher so nadefight is an appropriate name.
Though I agree it should have infinite grenades. And all arcade gametypes should disable weapons pick up.

IZZO said:
Well your main weapon that you spawn with is a grenade launcher so nadefight is an appropriate name.
Though I agree it should have infinite grenades. And all arcade gametypes should disable weapons pick up.

Call it Launcherfight! They should probably just create one gametype 'Jungle Juice' that has all the different weapons with them all able to be picked up and then they can take that option out for the existing modes.

Squall ASF said:
That's right, Outpost has one on the roof. Overlook sounds familar but can't place it and I don't remember it on Holdout or Courtyard. Courtyard is the only surprise as I namely just play Courtyard and Corvette with a little Beachhead here or there in score attack. I'll have to hunt them down for this silly vehicle commendation. Thanks.
Holdout has two turrets; one right in the middle of the map (I've actually seen Grunts and Elites use it on me), and another one off to the right where the trees are. The one on Courtyard is near the ramp that goes down to the outer door where you grab the Target Locater in the campaign. It's actually pointed towards that door, so you pretty much have to rip it off to use it. And there's three of them on Glacier, so you should be able to put a big dent in that commendation.

I highly recommend grabbing the Ghost on Beachhead and doing some Sunday Driving. It's one of my favorite things to do in Firefight.

xxjuicesxx said:
I believe the grenade launcher works for the commendation, but I'm not terribly certain. It would be really stupid if it didn't.

squidhands said:
I believe the grenade launcher works for the commendation, but I'm not terribly certain. It would be really stupid if it didn't.

Yea but that gun sucks once mythic is on, it actually kinda sucks before its on, and it cant stick people. Its just not fun to use at all.

Arnie

Just got matched up with Magni in a game of Multi Team, weird stuff.

I'm at 12/17 for the day after getting all the other dailies. Going to take a break, eat some chinese, do some revision and then finish that off later. I'm hoping with a bit of effort I might be able to hit Colonel tonight, we'll see.

ShinAmano

squidhands said:
The nade launcher I believe counts for 'Get Loud' not 'Pull the Pin'. I could be wrong though.

GhaleonEB

Squall ASF said:
On another note, why are the challenge payouts so horrible? We keep getting time consuming tasks (play 17 matches) and then get horrible payoff. 17 games for 2500? Really? I know we'll earn more for playing the matches themselves but 4k would have been nice incentive.
What's funny is I've been tracking Challenge payouts - thinking of writing an article about Challenges - and the average payout had gone up for each month. But they just cratered in January, with this week's Weekly (2500 cR) and very low Daily payouts. The per-instance reward dropped a lot as well. It's almost as if the payout cycle reset.
ShinAmano said:
The nade launcher I believe counts for 'Get Loud' not 'Pull the Pin'. I could be wrong though.
Nope, that's right.

Gui_PT

wwm0nkey said:
Send that in to rooster teeth lol

How do I do that? I no good wit compiter

bobs99 ... said:
That was hilarious.

What makes it even better is the fact that the guy who died was the one that threw the nade at you - it would be funny as hell if it counted as a suicide, but its even better that your face basically got you that kill.

Yeah, he was trying to flank me and got hit with his own grenade. (lol)

Edit: And thank you to whoever rendered it :D

Top Bottom