• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

zumphry

Banned
Ajemsuhgao said:
Golden Tree City - 3500cR

Find and kill the Gold Ranger-class Elite in a Banshee, fast and low, while on New Alexandria, on Legendary.

On the Sixth Respawn... - 1000cR

Complete a Firefight Matchmaking game with fewer than 5 deaths.

Wtf at the Golden Tree City one.

I think both of these are new, well, Golden Tree City is.

Awesome.

Gui_PT

See Bungle? That's a good challenge

Now where do I find that damn Elite ? :lol

Edit: Apparently no one online has found that elite on New Alexandria.

I take it back. Bad challenge Bungle, bad!

Gui_PT

APPARENTLY SOMEONE GOT IT ALREADY

done. all i did was go to the first marker i was told to, and yes the banshee is flying low and doesnt slow down just speeds off and tries to escape.

Edit:

Right after the building with the 4 hunters, you get back in the Falcon. Kill all the banshees coming around you and in that mix there will be a banshee flying fast and low and thats the one you have to go for. If you are coming out of the building, the banshee will be flying to your right. If you are facing the Hunter building, the banshee will be low to your left. It does go fast so keep a look out on your radar and attack as soon as you see the banshee below.

Edit2:
this video seems to show it, I haven't seen all of it yet thought
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=12818958&player=iTz Sierra 117

Ajemsuhgao said:

Find and kill the Gold Ranger-class Elite in a Banshee, fast and low, while on New Alexandria, on Legendary.

Now that's a good challenge!

Challenges which sort of draw attention to the little things we havent noticed yet is a very good use of the system.

Major Williams said:
- Less contributing members - in the past year we've lost some of our best and most interesting/left wing: voc, cocop, Eazy, etc. thank God we still have some regulars - Louis Wu, Ghaleon, KyleJ/Juices, Ram, Shake, etc.
I don't want to alarm you, but I can count the times I've posted in this thread in the last month on both hands. And I've played two games of Reach in that time.

(I should stress that is nothing to do with the game itself, which I enjoy more than many regulars seem to. I'm just, you know, writing a novel.)

feel

Nice Challenge.

And the Boot to Disc option is getting re-enabled today on the xbox, I know some people here were pissed off at having to see the dashboard when they turned on their xboxs to play some halo the past few months.

Shake Appeal said:
I don't want to alarm you, but I can count the times I've posted in this thread in the last month on both hands. And I've played two games of Reach in that time.

(I should stress that is nothing to do with the game itself, which I enjoy more than many regulars seem to. I'm just, you know, writing a novel.)

Bullshit, that seems like the perfect excuse to procrastinate.

Letters said:
Nice Challenge.

And the Boot to Disc option is getting re-enabled today on the xbox, I know some people here were pissed off at having to see the dashboard when they turned on their xboxs to play some halo the past few months.

Yay I love getting features back that we already had! :) Thanks Microsoft!

Gui_PT

Got it. Just fly around 'til you see purple boost trails. It does not show up near any specific building or objective.

Edit: If anyone wants help, let me know

GhaleonEB said:
Usually when I get to the second gun, I work my way from the front of the gun - with it on my right - around to the back, taking out the Wraiths and infantry as I go. Then blow the AA gun when everything is cleared out.

This time around, I did the opposite, and decided to blow the gun up before I even took out most of the enemies guarding it. I found a way to hop up the ledge in back after taking out the rear Wraith, and destroyed the gun while a Wraith, both Hunters and nearly all of the infantry were still out front.

Fortunately, taking out the gun triggers the Marines to come storming in, so I had some help finishing the job.
You can blow up the second gun with the Revenant before you have to boost down through the broken bridge. I know you like to do things the hard way (lol), but just in case...

Great campaign challenge today; glad to see some new stuff finally.

feel

Really liked the challenge. Took me forever to find him, but eventually did near Louis' club boostin indefinitely at a low altitude.

ShinAmano

Letters said:
Really liked the challenge. Took me forever to find him, but eventually did near Louis' club boostin indefinitely at a low altitude.
Is this after a specific checkpoint? I have not tried, but is seems like flying around for an hour to find him is not worth it...

Sorry to bother you guys, but I have to ask again:

Is there someone with much time on their hands today that is willing to help me with my machinima? You need the Noble Map Pack. It´s basically listening to boring orders from me and do simple stuff. You get in the credits if you want to, it's for a school assessment.

Add me: Prophet Steve.

Thanks in advanced.

NOKYARD

xxjuicesxx said:
Whats with grifball restarting player selection after finding players and voting?
Not sure, but one of the maps was made by my friend Taco. He has yet to play on it due to this anomaly kicking him back to the player selection screen each time his map is voted in.

Kuroyume said:
Was it always two strikes with the sword in Griffball?
I believe they are still fiddling with the settings. One direct strike should take down a runner if he does not punch you at the same time.

xxjuicesxx said:
Thanks guy betraying me over and over for the ball in Grifball, I wasn't strategically waiting for an opening at all! but yea you go on ahead and rush everyone and give them the ball, great job guy
Do you want me to hold your hand in the Grifball Playlist? There is plenty of room in my backpack. (DAMMITT!, where are the smilies?) Just kidding. But, if you want to kick some serious ass AND have fun in the playlist shoot me an invite later and i will bring some of my friends.
xxjuicesxx said:
GOD DAMNIT TURN BETRAYELS OFF
We tested this and it completely breaks the game.

Ajemsuhgao said:
Blastin' and Relaxin' - 2000cR

Kill 180 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

Fourth Horseman - 1900cR

Earn 4 multikills in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

On the Sixth Respawn... - 1000cR

Complete a Firefight Matchmaking game with fewer than 5 deaths.

Bless you for posting the challenges sir. This is more like it! We have an interesting new challenge, a second new challenge, and the total sum of credits are decent. Now let's pray they stay consistent...

Oh Griffball, I love playing with people that betray you despite the entire other team being on the OPPOSITE side of the map. I think I literally was betrayed 5 times in succession trying to spawn once...Betrayed spree! Despite the frustration, I had multiple games where I had upward in the 40's or slightly less in kills with 15 or so multi's in one match which ultimately made it worth it. Was able to get the other 100 to finish the weekly thanks to this. Now the question is, do I suffer more pain to try and make progress towards making CQC commendation Onyx? I can't think of a gametype better suited for that commendation.

feel

ShinAmano said:
Is this after a specific checkpoint? I have not tried, but is seems like flying around for an hour to find him is not worth it...
after reading some more about it on Bnet, it seems he spawned to the left of Club Errera (to the right if you're in the club looking out) for a lot of people just like he did for me. I think it helps if you restart the mission until the very first objective is Club Errera.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=12821772&player=teh Letters
sorry about the camera, wasn't thinking of helping people (or making something decent) when I made this clip, but it should give an idea

equil

Dax01 said:
Or just get rid of it altogether, which is perfectly fine by me. :p

Really? I actually love Hemorrhage. I prefer it over almost all the other big team maps.

Then again theres not really much to choose from.

Striker

Sir Garbageman said:
They really have to lower the weighting of Hemorrhage in Big Team Battle. Played it 3 times in a row last night.
The map is fine. BTB's problem is the deplorable gametype weightings. What gametypes did you play in those three consecutive games?

enzo_gt said:
is is too late to ask for Valhalla?

It's never too late. Probably my #2 FPS map of all time right behind Jedi Knight's "Canyon Oasis". I used to think it was so appropriate that they named it Valhalla, the place where heroes go after death, and yet it is a place to which I can never again go.

...unless I swap out the disc in my xbox's tray...but that's crazy talk.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Prophet Steve said:

Is there someone with much time on their hands today that is willing to help me with my machinima? You need the Noble Map Pack. It´s basically listening to boring orders from me and do simple stuff. You get in the credits if you want to, it's for a school assessment.

Thanks in advanced.

I'll do it. I used to do this stuff back in Halo 2. I won't be on for like an hour or so right now but afterwards I'm all good.

Bregmann Roche said:
It's never too late. Probably my #2 FPS map of all time right behind Jedi Knight's "Canyon Oasis". I used to think it was so appropriate that they named it Valhalla, the place where heroes go after death, and yet it is a place to which I can never again go.

...unless I swap out the disc in my xbox's tray...but that's crazy talk.
If Bungie brings it back, I wouldn't mind if they renamed it to "Asgard." It was someone's idea here, don't remember who, but I still think it's a good idea.

Gui_PT

Prophet Steve said:

Thanks in advanced.

I can definitely help if I'm on. You know at what time you'll be doing this?

Sir Garbageman said:
They really have to lower the weighting of Hemorrhage in Big Team Battle. Played it 3 times in a row last night.
I got Paradiso 3 times in a row 2 nights ago. I could say the same. It's the luck of the draw.

Hemorrhage really isn't a bad map. It's awesome for Team snipes.

Striker said:
The map is fine. BTB's problem is the deplorable gametype weightings. What gametypes did you play in those three consecutive games?

Elite Slayer, Slayer, and Stockpile. Kind of annoying but I switched gametypes afterward. I feel like the Forge World maps are the most popular Big Team Battle maps, I rarely play Spire or Boneyard.

Major Williams said:
Regarding people not watching the Reach thread continuously, I have a few reasons -

- this is out of the public eye here in the community area, so we get less random people coming and mixing it up a bit.

- Bungie folks frequent less and less. Halo 3 thread had regulars.

- Frankie doesn't make fun of us as often.

- Less contributing members - in the past year we've lost some of our best and most interesting/left wing: voc, cocop, Eazy, etc. thank God we still have some regulars - Louis Wu, Ghaleon, KyleJ/Juices, Ram, Shake, etc.

- Speaking of which, what made the thread so interesting was the interesting banter between hardcore, middle of the road, and casual players. Losing that dynamic through so-called 'Bungie-balance' and the complete lack of updates and dialogue with Bungie members has led to a plague in the thread with endless debate that goes nowhere. It's not only exhausting, but boring without direct feedback that we were so used to. It didn't help that on the podcasts they were almost mocking fans' detailed views on balance and the new weapons. I've seen entire posts that I could tell were carefully crafted over hours of thought and planning, and only to be completely ignored by the entire GAF community and the Bungie employees it should have been seen by. Instead we get posts like 'meet me in customs' or DMR vs BR or Armor lock posts written right over it.

It's painful to watch, and I remember this happening in the Halo 3 thread about 2 years after development, but then some folks stepped in and we got some interesting posts and some legitimate 343 material to sink our teeth into. I think we are all waiting on baited breath to see something new come out gaming-wise from either studio.

You can add on the people who just don't play anymore, it's been a long time since I've played Reach, mostly due to other games taking up my time and my wait for a patch for the game (oh and my sucky internet, which is fixed for the moment). So I may eventually play again soon, but I don't know. Reach just didn't have the magic that other Halo's had where I wanted to just keep playing it, it actually had the opposite effect on me, which is strange as Halo is still my favorite game series. :/

PS: speaking of which since I haven't been following any news at all, have they even hinted at any type of patch yet?

Gui_PT said:
I can definitely help if I'm on. You know at what time you'll be doing this?
I think in an hour if that's ok with you.

Someone else? It's more easier with more people.

EDIT: Ah, I see Tashi is in too. Love you guys. Do not know if I already have you on live but tell me when you are done.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
CrazedArabMan said:
PS: speaking of which since I haven't been following any news at all, have they even hinted at any type of patch yet?
Bungie has not commented on any patch or TU of any kind whatsoever.

Not sure if old news but I guess there is a 'Legendary' ending, in terms of an actual difference.

On all other difficulties, Keyes says, "Halsey assured me..." and in Legendary he says "Catherine assured me..."

Kind of lame if it was, but the fact that none of us knew about some golden elite makes me believe
hope
there is more under the surface we haven't found yet.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
CrazedArabMan said:
IIdm4.jpg

Dax01 said:
If Bungie brings it back, I wouldn't mind if they renamed it to "Asgard." It was someone's idea here, don't remember who, but I still think it's a good idea.

There's no way they'd name it that. You can't even call a forge map "Assault" there's no way something that sounds like "Ass Guard" is making it through Bungie's name factory. Bungie ruins all our fun.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Prophet Steve said:
I think in an hour if that's ok with you.

Someone else? It's more easier with more people.

EDIT: Ah, I see Tashi is in too. Love you guys. Do not know if I already have you on live but tell me when you are done.

I just added you. How long is this gonna take by the way. I'll stay for whatever you need me for but I just bought Mass Effect 2 because I saw it for 20$ new at Gamestop...HYPE :lol

Louis Wu

Major Williams said:
Not sure if old news but I guess there is a 'Legendary' ending, in terms of an actual difference.

On all other difficulties, Keyes says, "Halsey assured me..." and in Legendary he says "Catherine assured me..."

Kind of lame if it was, but the fact that none of us knew about some golden elite makes me believe
hope
there is more under the surface we haven't found yet.
This came up when we were recording cutscenes; folks heard it with and without the IWHBYD skull, and on and off Legendary. I'm not sure WHAT triggers it.

(HBO thread was here, and recorded variants are here.)

Tashi0106 said:
I just added you. How long is this gonna take by the way. I'll stay for whatever you need me for but I just bought Mass Effect 2 because I saw it for 20$ new at Gamestop...HYPE :lol
Depends on how fast it goes, hour maybe?

Top Bottom