• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Major Williams said:
Not sure if old news but I guess there is a 'Legendary' ending, in terms of an actual difference.

On all other difficulties, Keyes says, "Halsey assured me..." and in Legendary he says "Catherine assured me..."

Kind of lame if it was, but the fact that none of us knew about some golden elite makes me believe
hope
there is more under the surface we haven't found yet.
Max Dyckhoff answered some question over twitter and somebody asked him if the community has found out all the easter eggs in Halo: Reach. He said: No, there is a bunch more. But he said that he wasn't up to date, too.

Sibylus

Banned
Dammit, I really need to finish my campaign review soon. Would be a shame to leave some of the more interesting observations and suggestions unvoiced.

Magni

Dax01 said:

? 'cause he's not playing ME 2 straight after buying it? I got it in May and only got around to it this month, for this sort of game I need lots of free time to not be interrupted for weeks on end all the time :lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
MagniHarvald said:
? 'cause he's not playing ME 2 straight after buying it? I got it in May and only got around to it this month, for this sort of game I need lots of free time to not be interrupted for weeks on end all the time :lol

Nah he's just giving me shit for playing MLG. It's Dax being Dax

NOKYARD said:
We tested this and it completely breaks the game.

Why, I'd rather have a griefer hold the ball forever then just being betrayed over and over by some griefer for the ball or just to betray you over and over and not even want the ball.

Plus it allows for cool scores by blasting your teammates far.

neoism

I'm glad I'm one of those Halo fans... that is happy with Reach. Gameplay wise and feel it's just the best in the series...

ElRenoRaven

neoism said:
I'm glad I'm one of those Halo fans... that is happy with Reach. Gameplay wise and feel it's just the best in the series...

I'm with you on that. It may not be perfect but damn it's a blast to play when you aren't stuck with brain dead idiots.

feel

neoism said:
GTFO. Just kidding, post more, wuv me some Evangeline, finally finishing up with LOST on bluray (middle season 5 now) <3 <3

NOKYARD

xxjuicesxx said:
Where do i begin. In one of our test games a team figured out they could make a testudo formation by surrounding their bomb carrier and spamming their hammers. In another test the game would have lasted over an hour if we hadn't decided to pack it in. You have to play an actual game with betrayals turned off to see how ridiculous it becomes.

The only advice i can offer is to play as a full team. Even a team of random people you meet is better than going in alone.

NOKYARD said:
Where do i begin. In one of our test games a team figured out they could make a testudo formation by surrounding their bomb carrier and spamming their hammers. In another test the game would have lasted over an hour if we hadn't decided to pack it in. You have to play an actual game with betrayals turned off to see how ridiculous it becomes.

The only advice i can offer is to play as a full team. Even a team of random people you meet is better than going in alone.

You can have betrayals in Griffball if they'll just take it out of everything else...

neoism

It is a shame Halo-Gaf isn't as alive as it was with Halo 3.. I loved 3.. 4000+ games played. I was a bad to (one or two games every once in-awhile I'd play as good as my cousin.)( Who was really good. But it was just fun fun... I was getting bored with it at the end though. I haven't played it since Reach though. It will be funny the day I try to play that game again. Concerning Reach, I'm not a fan of Armour lock really, but I'm a gowiththeflow guy it's in the game so we have to deal with it. I actually hate the jet-pack more.. in doubles it is soo fucking stupid. It needs to be all pro all the time. For this game to get better in the sense of game-play variants.. it will take awhile longer, but Bungie seems willing to make it so before 343 take over.

I am back at long las....

Where is everyone???

Joking aside I now have a faily stable connection up here and when software testing doesn't bore me to sleep I will be sure to join ye guys for some Halo at some point.

The few problems I have with Reach have absolutely nothing to do with the gameplay, which I, too, think is the greatest in the series. Well, apart from the simplicity that was Combat Evolved. Might have to do a chronological playthrough of the series soon, when I have the time.

ElRenoRaven

Domino Theory said:
Oh lama, you tease. :D

Whatever 343's Halo game is, it's in a playable state. :)

Wait! He went to 343 too? When the hell did that happen and how did I miss that?

And please be Halo 1 remake PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Give that fucker every damn Halo 1 map made from Xbox and PC version and throw in vehicle jacking and it would be perfect. LOL

Striker

Blue Ninja said:
The few problems I have with Reach have absolutely nothing to do with the gameplay, which I, too, think is the greatest in the series. Well, apart from the simplicity that was Combat Evolved. Might have to do a chronological playthrough of the series soon, when I have the time.
I love Reach, and enjoy its change of gameplay schematics. It's the playlist management that's bugged me. Kind of the usual suspect if you ask me.

Squall ASF said:
You can have betrayals in Griffball if they'll just take it out of everything else...
I haven't played Grifball nor do I really plan to, not my cup of tea. However, betrayals seem fine, but isn't betrayal booting still around?

Striker said:
I love Reach, and enjoy its change of gameplay schematics. It's the playlist management that's bugged me. Kind of the usual suspect if you ask me.
The story is what bothers me most, as I'm more of a campaign guy anyway. It stands fine on its own, but doesn't fit into existing canon, which makes me sad. :(

I honestly feel a problem with Reach's longevity thus far in it's lifecycle is due to a number of factors, but chief in my head is slower gameplay (thanks, AL), and severe lack of GOOD maps.

People still talk about the 'glorious' maps in Halo 2. They really were so much dang fun.

ElRenoRaven

Striker said:

I haven't played Grifball nor do I really plan to, not my cup of tea. However, betrayals seem fine, but isn't betrayal booting still around?

Not in Griffball. If it was games would be player free in a matter of seconds.

Gui_PT said:
Hope we helped Steve
You sure did, any requests on how you want in the credits? Or how you not want.
I'm sorry for not giving the payment you all were expecting, I should handle them but that's one of those tasks I suck at.

Here is one of the things a duo from my class made, and one of them is considered a fairly good student. It's not done (should end up to be six minutes). I probably can beat this (yeah, competitive). Especially since it´s graded from a storytelling point of view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAtf7YoCn0M

I'm glad they're finally throwing out brand new dailies but stuff like this one with the BoB annoy me. I flew around for 45 minutes and came up empty handed. Adding random elements is not a good idea. But what can I except from Bungie, just look at how much they love their random luck achievements.

Grumble grumble...

Gui_PT

I don't need any payment man, I was just kidding :lol

You're the director, you know what's best. Those cameos were funny though :lol

Hey You

Along with grifball some other changes went out:
MAPS

Asylum
* Additional soft kill zones added to prevent players from exploiting the cliffs.

MLG Countdown
* Updated to v2.21

MLG Zealot
* Updated to v2.21

Anchor 9 / Unanchored
* Repositioned a couple spawns on the external platforms to help prevent players from spawning in enemy line of sight.

GAMETYPES

Territories
* Territory capture rate is now modified by the number of attackers in the territory. One attacker will capture at 100% of the normal rate. Two attackers will capture at 200% of the normal rate. Three or more attackers will capture at 400% of the normal rate.

Oddball
* In Hot Potato, clients will now see the full bomb explosion effect.

Invasion: Breakpoint
* Players can no longer disarm the bomb while using Armor Lock.
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=55508032

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Gui_PT said:

Well I demand 15,000 Vietnamese Dong. :p

PsychoRaven said:
Wait! He went to 343 too? When the hell did that happen and how did I miss that?

And please be Halo 1 remake PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Give that fucker every damn Halo 1 map made from Xbox and PC version and throw in vehicle jacking and it would be perfect. LOL

This x1000!!!

vhfive

Letters said:
My dick moved

that shit's Halo 4. :D

(feels awesome to write Halo 4)
Nah its a Halo CE remake with the Reach engine. It will be released this fall on its 10th anniversary.

Gui_PT said:

I know you did, curse forums for sarcasm.
Yeah, I'm glad we managed to have some fun, also went faster then I expected. Wonder how my end result looks like.

feel

Prophet Steve said:
I know you did, curse forums for sarcasm.
Yeah, I'm glad we managed to have some fun, also went faster then I expected. Wonder how my end result looks like.
Post it when it's done, we have nothing better going on.

vhfive said:
Nah its a Halo CE remake with the Reach engine. It will be released this fall on its 10th anniversary.
Not sure if want, I think Halo CE looks perfect as it is. It just needs a 16:9 1080p 60fps touch up, with live functions. Reach engine would only add desaturation, framerate problems, blurryness, JAGGIES, plus remove the classic physics, art-style and feel of it.

Domino Theory said:
Sorry, guys, false alarm. Didn't know he left 343i.
Michael-and-Maeby-Animated-gif-arrested-development-3695191-320-239.gif

Top Bottom