• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Havok

There was a Classic Slayer gametype without sprint at launch. The issue was that half the time somebody would spawn with sprint anyway and then completely wreck everybody else, and by the end of the game, everybody had spawned with it at some point.

Your first fault was stepping into INVASION without full party....WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO YOURSELF!?

I can't even fathom that decision.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
xxjuicesxx said:
Your first fault was stepping into INVASION without full party....WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO YOURSELF!?

I can't even fathom that decision.

Says Mr. Sitback and snipe.

Any of you sexy bitches getting on?

Alienshogun said:
Says Mr. Sitback and snipe.

Any of you sexy bitches getting on?

Yea I only sat back because I knew, one it would help you guys out in the end getting the objectives, and two I knew all of you were skilled enough to handle yourself...my trust in randoms is pretty much nonexistant in Reach, I haven't had one random I was truly impressed with in my 1500 games played.

I'm having a party here so won't be on.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
xxjuicesxx said:
Yea I only sat back because I knew, one it would help you guys out in the end getting the objectives, and two I knew all of you were skilled enough to handle yourself...my trust in randoms is pretty much nonexistant in Reach, I haven't had one random I was truly impressed with in my 1500 games played.

I'm having a party here so won't be on.

Well if Kyle isn't on I won't bother, unless the Dead Prez are playing.

Nope, he's not on. DAMN YOUS DAMN YOUS ALL TO HELL!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
MrBig said:
ye

though I too sit back and snipe whenever I can get my hands on a sniper, easy 20-30 kills on hemo

Oh, I know, I've seen your B.net.

K I'll hop on till I get wifetaculared for dinner.

GhaleonEB

I'll be on in two hours, when the kids are tossed in bed. I plan to do two Challenges - what I need for the weekly one, the Campaign and one other. If anyone else is on at that time, I'm down for some Firefight. Otherwise I'll do Multi Team for the MP one.

It may not be relevant anymore, but a friend just got an Xbox and Halo 3 for a decent price. Was just playing with him now and we ended up with Rockets on Valhalla as the first game, we then ended up with Swords the next game.

Shishk'ad

Damn you Bungie for not giving Halo 3 its retirement package to make it playable with the declining playlists. I guess they would have just done something to make it worse, but as it stands matchmaking is pretty crappy. Dont get me wrong, I get that different people like different things, but it seems like unless you play Ranked your going to end up with stuff like hammers.

zumphry

Banned
"Fun" thing to do: Look at webcams, and either repeat the sound that played in the background of Sidewinder, or make wooshing/ghost noises while "watching" them.

And a drunk BWU would be awesome. :lol

GhaleonEB said:
I'll be on in two hours, when the kids are tossed in bed. I plan to do two Challenges - what I need for the weekly one, the Campaign and one other. If anyone else is on at that time, I'm down for some Firefight. Otherwise I'll do Multi Team for the MP one.

I'll try to stay on for Firefight if there's any room.

MrBig

ZayneH said:
"Fun" thing to do: Look at webcams, and either repeat the sound that played in the background of Sidewinder, or make wooshing/ghost noises while "watching" them.

And a drunk BWU would be awesome. :lol

I'll try to stay on for Firefight if there's any room.
I'd like to go for the firefight one as well when he gets on

Kuroyume

Banned
bobs99 ... said:
Damn you Bungie for not giving Halo 3 its retirement package to make it playable with the declining playlists. I guess they would have just done something to make it worse, but as it stands matchmaking is pretty crappy. Dont get me wrong, I get that different people like different things, but it seems like unless you play Ranked your going to end up with stuff like hammers.

They didn't do it when Halo 3 was the only Halo title on the 360 so I'm not sure what makes you believe they would do anything about it now.

zumphry

Banned
PsychoRaven said:
Update is up. it's in their Penthathlon coverage at the bottom.

Skip to the bottom

Also I think Urk is indeed drunk. He had this to say about the awful maps in the Social Slayer playlist.

Pent028.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Nadefight: (Based on Rocketfight with weapon pickup enabled, Grenade Launcher and Concussion Rifle starting weapons, added 150% Damage and Melee modifier, 4 each grenade count, enable Grunt B-Day, IWHBYD and Cowbell skulls, disabled dropship, 2X Overshields, Skirmisher Bonus Round, Added Evade for Armor Lock, and Hologram for Dropshield, 5 second respawn, add Heretics)
Heaven.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
PsychoRaven said:
Update is up. It's in their Penthathlon coverage at the bottom.

Skip to the bottom

Also I think Urk is indeed drunk. He had this to say about the awful maps in the Social Slayer playlist.

He's either a drunk, someone slipped him a ruphie, or the people he's talking to are inbreeding mouth breathers.

Ramirez

Gui_PT said:

General Grade 4?

Good lawd, how do you cope with playing this subpar game so much?

bobs99 ... said:
It may not be relevant anymore, but a friend just got an Xbox and Halo 3 for a decent price. Was just playing with him now and we ended up with Rockets on Valhalla as the first game, we then ended up with Swords the next game.

Shishk'ad

I feel like I owe Shishka an apology, even though the playlists sucked in Halo 3, they're not much better in Reach. The obvious problems of large maps in 4v4, flag return times, maps not balanced for certain gametypes, dropshields, etc. still remain as completely stupid implementations.

MrBig

Hey You said:
Finally got a new copy so hopefully my Model will update.
It's based on play time. People who play more are getting updated first but everyone should be updated by two weeks from now. Was in the BWU

GhaleonEB

A couple of highlights from a Tip of the Spear run I did with my daughter so she could get the Daily Challenge.

Revenant Incoming!

Yay...Wait, What?

Great mission, but these moments had us loling. We did the five (collective) suicide thing to revert a checkpoint after the second video.

Hopping on now.

Thanks for the help with the Challenges, Dani & Nutter. Getting over 18,000 cR for one game felt good. Tomorrow, wings.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
GhaleonEB said:
A couple of highlights from a Tip of the Spear run I did with my daughter so she could get the Daily Challenge.

Revenant Incoming!

Yay...Wait, What?

Great mission, but these moments had us loling. We did the five (collective) suicide thing to revert a checkpoint after the second video.

Hopping on now.

Thanks for the help with the Challenges, Dani & Nutter. Getting over 18,000 cR for one game felt good. Tomorrow, wings.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire, is incoming friendly fire.

ElRenoRaven

Deadly Cyclone said:
Well my player model updated, but I cannot figure out how to get a jpeg or some kind of image file Gaf recognizes. Anyone? :lol

Just right click and save image as. It defaults to png. Then go into paint or some other program and save as jpg. After that host it up somewhere and there you go.

Booties

Banned
This game sucks. Unbalanced maps, horrible host selection, boring gameplay. Why do I do this to myself? I think I just had to quit 5 of my last 7 team arena matches.

Booties said:
This game sucks. Unbalanced maps, horrible host selection, boring gameplay. Why do I do this to myself? I think I just had to quit 5 of my last 7 team arena matches.
So you just lost a bunch? Funny you should play with me more I lose very not much.

I'm a winner thats what I do.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Booties said:
Because deep down you know it's a great game. Just losing makes you feel worse about yourself, so you ragequit your woes away.

ADAPT OR GET ARMOR LOCKED.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
The Halo Cryptum thread in the offtopic is dead. Can I discuss the novel here? Where can I find images of the characters? I am having a hard time picturing Riser.

edit: The image of my Spartan in the stats page is still broken. What can I do about it?

Top Bottom