• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Kujo

Kuroyume said:
Does anyone have their armor ability change when they hit a black screen? Sometimes in the middle of the game the host will change or it will just go to the black screen for a while and then when it returns I either don't have my armor ability anymore, or it switches to sprint.
Oh gosh, I remember the time I was about to jump off the Spire with a jetpack - black screen - jump off, realise jetpack ability is gone, fuuuu

Karl2177

Mojo said:
Oh gosh, I remember the time I was about to jump off the Spire with a jetpack - black screen - jump off, realise jetpack ability is gone, fuuuu
I was already Jetpacking on Cage when a blackscreen occurred, and naturally it defaults back to sprint and I fall to my death. Irony that the blackscreen was the greatest issue in the beta and retail game?

Tunavi said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=429043

so how come I never run into hackers in Reach?

Bungie has built their code smartly, and it makes it hard for hackers/mods to get online. The way the COD netcode is designed, as little amount of info possible is sent to the host to keep the game as smooth as possible. Because of this, it is relatively easy for mods to be used online. I can't really elaborate more on the technical aspect because I don't know it, but in COD, I know it's because there is such a small amount of info sent to the host of the game that makes it easier to exploit than in Halo.

wwm0nkey

Really wish Bungie would make a team based juggernaut/objective game type.

I know I talked about it before but I would just LOVE for this game to have an objective gametype where both teams have to work together to kill a boss character at random times during the match.

Starwolf, and everyone basically. If you want to get better at Halo you should watch Ninja from FB's stream on JTV if you want to improve. I've never seen such a good player so willing to share his strats and so good at articulating how he does what he does.

xxjuicesxx said:
Starwolf, and everyone basically. If you want to get better at Halo you should watch Ninja from FB's stream on JTV if you want to improve. I've never seen such a good player so willing to share his strats and so good at articulating how he does what he does.
It's pretty weird how so few pros stream Halo when there's so much less strategy behind their play than in an RTS like SC2. A good chunk of SC2 pros stream and make decent money doing so.

xxjuicesxx said:

They jacked the Godsquad's FB name. But yeah, Ninja's really good.

Recarpo

xxjuicesxx said:

Just started watching him recently at night. The guy is incredible and the way he talks through a lot of his matches and his thoughts is really nice. Not to mention he can be pretty entertaining with his impressions and such.

Hey You said:
One last Halo/Reach podcast from Bungie would be nice.

Get a bunch of Halo Veterans from the Bungie team, talk about the past 10 years (or however long they've been working on Halo), The Ups and Downs along the way,fond memories etc

Would be a pretty awesome podcast and good way to say good by to the Halo-Bungie Era IMO.
I would like to know the whole truth on the pistol from Halo:CE. Call it, "The Pistol: Bungie tells all." Was the pistol's power really an accident or bug? Which developers liked it and which did not? And finally, knowing the immense popularity it carried with competitive Halo:CE fans, even non-competitive fans, how did each subsequent game move further and further away from having a weapon like Halo:CE's pistol?

My thoughts are that, whether it was intended or not, it obviously worked pretty well in the game, and certain people (holy monks from Tibet?) were strong proponents of leaving it in the game.
I must know who those people were!! I've been wanting to know this for 10 long years. AAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Crucio

Tunavi said:
New Alexandria LASO

Epic Sauce. Be sure to use the Errera Club switch! :)

Our worries for this one is the Hospital escape encounters. The jetpack elites and the concussion rifle ultra are going to be the hardest. Removing the shields from the jetoack elites is insanely hard.
Plan: Acquire as many rockets as possible before entering the hospital and use them only on the elites.

MrBig

Deputy Moonman said:
I would like to know the whole truth on the pistol from Halo:CE. Call it, "The Pistol: Bungie tells all." Was the pistol's power really an accident or bug? Which developers liked it and which did not? And finally, knowing the immense popularity it carried with competitive Halo:CE fans, even non-competitive fans, how did each subsequent game move further and further away from having a weapon like Halo:CE's pistol?
Damage was boosted in campaign, and because of the shared tag system it was compiled with all the other maps with the final build.

After that when the game is being played on a huge scale by so many people online you can't have one gun to rule them all, and it was sacrificed for balance.

xxjuicesxx said:

This might not go down well, but with Reach its simple, pick up a power weapon and abuse it. If he's streaming an older game it would be more interesting. :p

So people can actually earn money from streaming?

Crucio said:
Epic Sauce. Be sure to use the Errera Club switch! :)

Our worries for this one is the Hospital escape encounters. The jetpack elites and the concussion rifle ultra are going to be the hardest. Removing the shields from the jetoack elites is insanely hard.
Plan: Acquire as many rockets as possible before entering the hospital and use them only on the elites.
Tyrant's got a new video out that shows RCMaster jacking a Banshee and getting it inside the Hospital. He gets through that entire area in record time.

Louis Wu

Crucio said:
That's a wig right? Lol.

So like I played a whole 5ish games in defiant map pack this weekend. Why no jackpot eh???
Hehe.
I had a fun last game in highlands. This clip represents the level of skill associated to their team and the level of fun I had.
Damn, I WONDERED if that was you on Saturday.
(GG, btw. We might have had a chance without that pair that went 3-25...)

MrBig

Trying to do NA, but the Engineers side mission is absolutely asinine on LASO
You have to kill a bunch of elites, engineers, turrets and massive, multiple swarms of banshees.

e:

5050.jpg

????????????
http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=595597535&player=Mr Kwatz

kylej

Banned
bobs99 ... said:
So people can actually earn money from streaming?

Yeah in the same way you can earn money competing in MLG. If you have incomprehensibly good talent you can literally make tens of dollars a year playing professional Halo.

neclas

Arnie

Feels sad not checking back and contributing to HaloGAF, but I've just run my course with Reach much faster than I did with 2 and 3. Hope 343 shows something at E3 to get me back on board.

equil

Decom said:
lol. there seems to be a split-second (definitely less than half a second) window after the final kill where points can be earned. I assume it's for multikills and situations like this. One time, in Halo 3, the winning kill was part of a single-sticky triple kill, and my team ended with 52 points.

Or maybe it was a double Melee.

Ken

Decom said:
lol. there seems to be a split-second (definitely less than half a second) window after the final kill where points can be earned. I assume it's for multikills and situations like this. One time, in Halo 3, the winning kill was part of a single-sticky triple kill, and my team ended with 52 points.

I've gotten something like that before in Reach but it wasn't as nice with a single plasma grenade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhYqWDzCzK4

Haven't had a Firefight or Multiplayer weekly that you have to work for over the course of the week (A real weekly in my opinion) in forever.

While we're posting hopes for suggestions for a last Halo podcast, I'd like to see these two questions:

- What are some of the coolest or most notable non-video game recognitions Bungie or the Halo franchise has received as a result of the success of Halo? (i.e. awards outside of the VGAs)

- Once world domination is complete, what will the new mantra of Bungie be?

So my university is throwing a Reach 4v4 and FFA tournament. Only 5 teams have signed up and no one is on the FFA list. They held a Halo 3 tournament last May that had far more people than that sign up. Word is the upcoming BLOPS tournament is going to have to be held over multiple days because of the interest.

Hnnngg

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
So there's things that happen in the Greg Bear novel that will actually make sense in DLC maps, if you play close enough attention; but by the same token you don't need all that stuff to enjoy those discreet experiences. And having a little corner of the Halo universe that you like, and that's all you're interested in -- that works just fine, as well. But of course we have our encyclopedic completist nuts who embrace and consume everything.

Mmmm?

Delicious.

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
Frankie said:
We're literally looking at making a grunt plushie this year, and not because -- well it'll probably sell a lot and make a lot of money -- but because it's the single most-demanded item that we haven't fulfilled in the franchise history. "I want a grunt plushie!" But the weird thing is, it's the hardest core fans that want that.
MEGATON

Not even kidding. I'm one of those guys pining for a Grunt plushie since the Halo 1 days. My house will have three, one for each of the kids, one for me. Monies, Frankie. Take them.

wwm0nkey

GhaleonEB said:
MEGATON

Not even kidding. I'm one of those guys pining for a Grunt plushie since the Halo 1 days. My house will have three, one for each of the kids, one for me. Monies, Frankie. Take them.
Like Frankie said, it is the most requested item. I am buying one myself when they hit :lol

Flood Infection Form plushie.
Believe.

Genesis Knight said:
Is new DLC even a possibility at this point? Any rumors of another map pack in the pipe?

1. Yes, but not from Bungie. I'd be surprised if 343i wasn't already working on another map pack.
2. No legitimate rumors.

Genesis Knight said:
Is new DLC even a possibility at this point? Any rumors of another map pack in the pipe?

I assume that one is already complete.

Also, now that 343 is in charge of DLC, and they are a part of Microsoft, expect any future packs to leak before they announce them. It's the Microsoft way.

Genesis Knight said:

Are you referring to the "3 dlc item" limit that Reach has? I assume a title update will have to be released to fix that.

Trasher

Lake Minnetonka said:
It's pretty weird how so few pros stream Halo when there's so much less strategy behind their play than in an RTS like SC2. A good chunk of SC2 pros stream and make decent money doing so.
And quite a few of those pros even give their thought processes while playing the game. The SC2 community is just too awesome.

Striker said:
The game desperately needs a map akin to Relic/Terminal. We haven't had one since... well, Halo 2. :(

Yeah agreed, but unfortunately maps to not regularly show up in matchmaking so I think that wanting a certain type of map in DLC pack is kind of pointless. I just want good maps.

Hell I would pay for a map pack that had a REAL Sanctuary in it.

MrBig

Striker said:
The game desperately needs a map akin to Relic/Terminal. We haven't had one since... well, Halo 2. :(
I'm confident that 343 will bring something like that to the plate, after showing the BTB hotness that is Highlands. It is currently my favorite map in reach, though I'm still quite annoyed by the weapon balancing and placement decisions.
Steelyuhas said:
Hell I would pay for a map pack that had a REAL Sanctuary in it.
If they include something that can be and has been made in Forge, then that would be a complete waste of effort, time, money, resources, and a slot in the standard 3 map release pattern.

Sweet, I was hoping for some expanded universe DLC. I would love to see different locals from books and games in Reach MP. New environments are always welcome, especially if its something that exists in the fiction but is new for the games. The more variety the better.

Grunt plushie? Yes! I wonder how big it will be..

On the note of new merchandise, I really hope Mcfarlane Toys produce a Halo Reach Brute toy.

Top Bottom