• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

PNut said:
Is there no love for Halo 3 anymore? MT, Social Slayer and BTB are still a blast to play. And there's still a good population of players in the Social playlists, plus you don't have to try and setup complicated internet configurations. It's still on XBOX Live. Take advantage!
I'm trying to establish a Halo 3 night every Tuesday. You should join us and make me feel legitimized. :^)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
HaloFestLogo.jpg

WHERE: PAX Prime
Seattle, WA
Washington State Convention Center
Annex 3rd Floor

WHEN: Day Time
Friday, August 26 10am-6pm
Saturday, August 27 10am-midnight
Sunday, August 28 10am-6pm

TICKETS: Admission included with PAX Prime Badge purchase

WHAT: Check www.halowaypoint.com soon for details

If you call yourself a Halo fan, this is the year to attend PAX Prime! With a PAX Prime badge, fans gain admission to Halo Fest, the largest and most expansive live Halo experience ever. Packed with tournaments, exclusive panels, and sweet prizes, Halo Fest is the place to be for Halo fans attending PAX Prime 2011.

This event commemorates ten incredible years of Halo, looking back at the amazing stories that forged a diverse community and redefined gaming for two entire console generations. Join us August 26th-28th, at the Washington State Convention Center, and see why the last ten years of Halo were just the beginning.

All content is subject to change, all promotional items are limited to while supplies last.

Link

Damm lucky Americans.

Ramirez said:
Hmm, while I see your point to an extent, I'm not sure I agree completely. Yes the mechanics are different, but if it truly is a perfect remake, it plays fairly similar. Heretic is a good example of this, it played very similar to how it did in Halo 2, but Blackout on the other hand played nothing like Lockout, and mostly because it lacked a ton of things from the original map.

Yeah, Blackout was significantly different than Lockout, which lead it to play different. Heretic is very close to Midship, and after playing it in Halo 3, I think proves more than anything that H3 is quite similar to H2 (H3 is a poor man's H2 IMO). Reach however, is significantly different than its predecessors. Think about a Midship in Reach with sprint, jetpack, and a DMR that has unlimited range. I think an exact remake would play differently than it does in H2 and H3.

As for PAX Prime, I cannot make it unfortunately, I will be in Pullman (which only members of Bungie and 343i probably know what I'm talking about).

Tawpgun

Somewhen best be recording 24/7 for all internationals/east coast bros who can't afford to go :)

If there's a speech/panel I expect to see a shitty livestream.

Dani said:
Link

Damm lucky Americans.
Damn. 343i is hating us Europeans.
I'm just kidding
Why is there no HaloFEST at GamesCom/MCM Expo? :/ It would have been okay, if 343i had said, that Halo fans should expect sth. for PAX 2011. So a lot of people could save some money, but to get 1500-2000€ in 4Months impossible for me. =(. Yeah I'll not complain. I hope that the HaloGAFFER are going to report everything here. And that 343i will (live) stream every Panel :)

Please let the Plush Grunt not be PAX Prime exclusive.

Edit.: The Headhunter Preview pic looks amazing. I hope it's going to be more in motion than the ONE Production Stuff.(what is still awesome)

Pennybags

I've only read the summaries and discussions of the Evolutions stories, so I'm excited for the Headhunter vid and the coming episodes of Mona Lisa.

Hypertrooper said:
The Headhunter Preview pic looks amazing. I hope it's going to be more in motion than the ONE Production Stuff.(what is still awesome)

For some reason, just the mention of Headhunters reminds me...

Whoever suggested (either on here or HBO) that the story was a sign of things to come from Reach (Spartan III's with custom armor and shielding, etc.) was spot-on.

Kibbles said:
Wtf is this sorcery? O_O Anymore crazy YouTube tag secrets?

yt:stretch=4:3
(fixes 720x480 content that is the wrong aspect ratio by scaling to 4:3)

yt:quality=high
(default to a high quality stream, depending on availability)

yt:crop=16:9
(zooms in on the 16:9 area, removes windowboxing)

yt:stretch=16:9
(fixes anamorphic content by scaling to 16:9)

Ken

Recarpo said:
Mind if I throw you a friend request for firefight shenanigans, too? None of my buddies really like to play firefight at all...
Sure. I'll send you a FR in a little bit.

Good games last night Tunavi, Hitmonchan, and Starwolf. Had to leave cause it was getting late.

Is anyone from HaloGAF going to Gamescom this year? I think I'm going with a bunch of friends by train.

I have a funny story for the first time I went: So the first time I went, I was 15 and I went with a friend and my little brother. My parents brought us to the convention and they went into Collonge themselves. So we directly went to the Halo 3: ODST boot and stood in line for about half an hour. When it finnaly was our turn, the woman said that we were too young to enter. I asked her if it was possible to enter when we had permission of my parents but she stated one of them had to accompany us. So I called my parents and asekd if they wanted to come, an hour before we were going to leave.

In the mean while, we went to the Guitare Hero boot and some others, which was great and all but the main reason we went was for ODST.

So at the end, we stood another half our in line with my mother and when it was our turn, she had to prove that all of us were her sons. There came another problem, my mon couldn't prove my friend was her son so he couldn't enter while my brother and I could. We woman saw the dissapointed face of my friend so she decided to give him a big poster :p

The 10 minute firefight gameplay was awesome and I think that's the reason I loved ODST's firefight and my friend dind't really

feel

Anyone else on Xbox Rewards buy Reach on Games on Demand recently and not get the 400 points back you're supposed to get?

Havok

Letters said:
Anyone else on Xbox Rewards buy Reach on Games on Demand recently and not get the 400 points back you're supposed to get?
The rewards program sometimes takes a looooooong time to kick back your points.

Havok

Striker said:
Saw this on Bnet's forum

Guy's career TOD is a Plasma Repeater

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WBNSZL6gqg& - montage

o_O
My favorite part was when he shot and killed that guy who had terrible aim. Or the guy who was fighting somebody else and didn't notice him. Or the guy who started off not touching the controller.

Wait, that was all of them.

A27_StarWolf said:
Older than....... time?

Still cool
How's that version of Tempest coming?

I don't think I've ever actually picked up a Plasma Repeater. Pretty sure the only time I use it is when I spawn with it in Invasion. And that's only until I find a Needle Rifle.

Havok said:
My favorite part was when he shot and killed that guy who had terrible aim. Or the guy who was fighting somebody else and didn't notice him. Or the guy who started off not touching the controller.

How's that version of Tempest coming?

Ready I think, the only thing I have not done are put any spawn points near the tunnels or in them... should we?

Tunavi said:
That must've been going around last night. My last game of doubles for the evening ended with us repeatedly snuffing them out of that very spot. It was a different pair of guys from the ones you played though.
Also, had a game of Invasion Breakpoint where our Falcon got sucked into the floor after it spawned and two of us jumped in it to fly off. It sank like the floor was made of quicksand and started doing flips.

Striker

Havok said:

You basically summed up most montages :lol

Havok

Striker said:
You basically summed up most montages :lol
Yeah, but most montages aren't just somebody holding down the right trigger and occasionally venting with RB, or whatever it is on default controls. I'm all the way not a fan of the Plasma Repeater, though, so that probably informs my opinion.

Ken

Steelyuhas said:
Anyone down for a GAF big team party when the playlist goes up today? People with DLC would be ideal.

In how many hours is that? Need to go pick up an iPad in a bit but I'll be up for some games if I get back in time.

@Recarpo and GhaleonEB, sent you two friend requests. GT: Chocopolka

Havok said:
The rewards program sometimes takes a looooooong time to kick back your points.

The Halo deals explicitly say they won't even distribute the points til after the promotion is over (May 15, I think). It'll probably be a week after that til you get the points themselves.

wwm0nkey

Halo 2/CE customs will have to be delayed, have to fill in for someone at work today.

If one of you wants to host it though, go for it :)

Ken said:
In how many hours is that? Need to go pick up an iPad in a bit but I'll be up for some games if I get back in time.

@Recarpo and GhaleonEB, sent you two friend requests. GT: Chocopolka

Not sure, Bungie doesn't say when playlist updates go up, but sometime in the next few hours is probably a good guess.

Tunavi said:
Red Leader, standing by

Affirmative.

The Real Napsta said:
Are any of you going to give Team Classic another chance now that it has objective and 1x frag starts?

Yes, but the population is so low that you pretty much have to play with a TO4.

GhaleonEB

Arcadefight is now listed in the gametypes for Firefight Arcade on b.net, as is Squad Slayer and the BTB update. I assume that means that page is updated.

No other game types added to Arcade, Limited or Score Attack (!!!). I hope it's not complete. (Current phase: denial.) If it is, then Bungie has simply abandoned Firefight from a playlist management standpoint.

This is BTB now:

Big Team Slayer
BTB Snipers
Elite Slayer
1 Flag CTF
Multiflag CTF
Stockpile
Territories
Assault
One Bomb Assault
Neutral Bomb Assault​
Toss those first two, and it would be perfect.
Steelyuhas said:
Yep, its up!
I'm so, so bummed right now. Words can't even. Why, why, why has Firefight been abandoned? Why?

GhaleonEB said:
Arcadefight is now listed in the gametypes for Firefight Arcade on b.net, as is Squad Slayer and the BTB update. I assume that means that page is updated.

No other game types added to Arcade, Limited or Score Attack (!!!). I hope it's not complete.

Yep, its up!

GhaleonEB said:
I'm so, so bummed right now. Words can't even. Why, why, why has Firefight been abandoned? Why?

What changes do you want with Firefight MM?

Havok

Public Service Announcement: Assault in the new BTB is Halo 3 style, with a zero second arm and ten second countdown, at least with Neutral Bomb.

This is not what anyone wanted. It's practically impossible to disarm the bomb unless you are inside the room when it is armed. Two steps forward, one step back.

Top Bottom