• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dani said:
LLShC.gif
They said they won't be there "officially" expect a Sony betrayal-ton surprise. Bungie forums will explode.

GhaleonEB

"Last weekend we treated players in the Defiant Map Pack playlist to the chance of winning an extra 7,000 credit Super Jackpot (Limit 1 per day, restriction apply, credit approval required, please see dealer for details.) The result was an amazing 27 MILLION extra credits awarded, that’s 1.35 Inheritors worth of credits for those keeping track.​

27,000,000 / 7,000 = 3,857 super jackpots awarded

Not sure how many players rolled through BTB last weekend, but...that doesn't actually strike me as a lot for the course of the weekend, where players could win one every day of the weekend, in a very popular playlist. Even with doubled odds that makes it sound decidedly rare.

Safe travels, Urk. Nice clarifications this week. Bummer about E3, but something tells me Microsoft will fill that void.

Anyone up to do the LASO run tomorrow? (Again.)

xxjuicesxx said:
I think H2 and H3 were just fun to watch, although a few of the Reach games were pretty entertaining, but as a whole not as good as the previous games. I guess we'll see though.

While I like Halo 3 better as a game, I find Halo Reach much more entertaining to watch. It's faster pace (at least how pros play) is just better for watching.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Halo 3 MLG but The Pit TS standoffs were just boring as hell.

Tawpgun

Ugh. Fuck the sudden death in this game. I sneak all the way to their base, blast 2 dudes with rockets, OUT DMR another guy, now I'm no shields and I pull the flag (This is on Renegade btw) One guy is already chasing me. I pre-nade him, doesn't damage him but scares him enough to put down a drop shield (ugh). Reload last rocket, neutralize drop shield, out DMR him while REALLY low-no shields.

Felt like a boss. Go off mancannon. Chaos everywhere. We manage to bring BOTH flags in the middle, we return ours miraculosly, 30 seconds left, and the flag is past middle already, sudden death. And then we get banshee bombed. An already meager 30 seconds left turns into an impossible 5 seconds left.

dhsbajhakdask

The Real Napsta said:
... Guardian standoffs were just boring as hell.
fix't.
I hope the god squad lives up to expectations. If they don't win, I expect them to stick together and get better. If they can just gel, it'll be steam roller time.

Karl2177

A27 Tawpgun said:
Ugh. Fuck the sudden death in this game. I sneak all the way to their base, blast 2 dudes with rockets, OUT DMR another guy, now I'm no shields and I pull the flag (This is on Renegade btw) One guy is already chasing me. I pre-nade him, doesn't damage him but scares him enough to put down a drop shield (ugh). Reload last rocket, neutralize drop shield, out DMR him while REALLY low-no shields.

Felt like a boss. Go off mancannon. Chaos everywhere. We manage to bring BOTH flags in the middle, we return ours miraculosly, 30 seconds left, and the flag is past middle already, sudden death. And then we get banshee bombed. An already meager 30 seconds left turns into an impossible 5 seconds left.

dhsbajhakdask
That really sucks bro. I'd really like for sudden death to be extended until cap or add more time than just 30 seconds. Just another reason I'm fed up with this game.

blamite

GhaleonEB said:
"Last weekend we treated players in the Defiant Map Pack playlist to the chance of winning an extra 7,000 credit Super Jackpot (Limit 1 per day, restriction apply, credit approval required, please see dealer for details.) The result was an amazing 27 MILLION extra credits awarded, that’s 1.35 Inheritors worth of credits for those keeping track.​

27,000,000 / 7,000 = 3,857 super jackpots awarded

Not sure how many players rolled through BTB last weekend, but...that doesn't actually strike me as a lot for the course of the weekend, where players could win one every day of the weekend, in a very popular playlist. Even with doubled odds that makes it sound decidedly rare.

Safe travels, Urk. Nice clarifications this week. Bummer about E3, but something tells me Microsoft will fill that void.

Anyone up to do the LASO run tomorrow? (Again.)
Last weekend's jackpot was in the Defiant Map Pack playlist though, which is way less populated than BTB. Whenever I'm on, it seems to be hovering around 500 players, with the highest I've seen lately being around a thousand.

BTB looks like it'll be much, much more profitable.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
The credit system is pretty screwed up. The best way to permanently please those yearning to be constantly rewarded is to permanently increase your chance of landing a big jackpot and adding an extra 0 at the end of every amount of cR you get.

Problem solved. :)

Havok

Tunavi said:
Havok and Striker are on the other team in BTB. You guys are goin down.
Haha, we could have made more of a push but we had an idler in the base and a lag-out at the beginning. Really surprised we got the tie at all in that situation.

(we totally outslayed you jerks, with a bunch of randoms to boot :p)

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I really like Big Team Battle. I just got Live on Wednesday night, and I've never been big on console shooters, so to me, the mindless pickup games are more than enough. I like the hilarity of it all, the great physics mishaps that causes a single grenade to barrel roll a warthog into 2 other dudes. Makes me smile. Some of my best memories on Halo PC (which is really the only Halo game I played extensively) were just the Warhog jumps we'd pull off as a small community on Sidewinder, Death Island and Danger Canyon.

feel

How can I speed that ban up? He was deranking on teamslayer in a 3v3 game where our teammate quit a few seconds in, getting him banned from xbox live seem fair.

neoism

wwm0nkey said:
So guys the new Xbox console was given to EA studios last month and apparently launches at the end of 2012, what do you think Halo CEmake on that or the current system?

Also the new console is probably why we havent heard of the current 343i project.
If Microsoft is smart... halo 4 will be a launch title for the next XBOX... With Chief back.. lol talk about a system saler :p

Also great BTB games guys. So much better playing with gaffers. :/ Still didn't get the jackpot. :(

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
xxjuicesxx said:
Halo 2 had dominating teams because it required skill.

I guess also because the top teams were leagues ahead of the amateur or other pro teams.

Now H3 and Reach the competition has all had time to practice/catchup/find the great players. It's all very close so you don't see a dynasty of sorts, similar to many sports. Even if FB did end on a good note as the winningest team.

I think H2 and H3 were just fun to watch, although a few of the Reach games were pretty entertaining, but as a whole not as good as the previous games. I guess we'll see though.

I think all the team switching is them trying to find that new Final Boss that is going to put every other team to shame. It probably won't ever happen again but its not stopping them from trying.

Halo 2 had dominating teams because no one took MLG seriously enough to try to beat them if they were new. The only people StK had to worry about was second place, no new people.

The team switching is 99% because of people not trying to win, not practicing. If someone does bad at a tournament but was at least trying they're not going to throw all their hard work away and re-work the team. It's a big pain in the ass to make a new team.

wwm0nkey

Letters said:
How can I speed that ban up? He was deranking on teamslayer in a 3v3 game where our teammate quit a few seconds in, getting him banned from xbox live seem fair.
Well sadly you cant call out users on the xbox forums, you could call 1800-4myxbox and talk to a member of the enforcement team about this and it would be something VERY easy they could catch and do with in minutes of you alerting them, did this to a guy who sent dick pictures to all recent players and called them about it, guy got a permanent ban.

EDIT: He actually got reset awhile back due to GameScore tampering

Ughh I love getting disconnected from Live even though I'm still online in my house...

Ughh and every other game someone leaves your team in MLG. WTF is wrong with Halo players?

If anyone has an extra 3-day badge for PAX, please let me know. If Bungie isn't going to be at E3, neither am I.

I might try to get a press pass for PAX, but I'm not holding my breath.

Also, weddings are such crazy things.

About the weekly update, I knew tht Bungie wasn't going to rip stats away from us so soon. Did you guys think that Bungie was going to announce something at E3?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
xxjuicesxx said:
Ughh and every other game someone leaves your team in MLG. WTF is wrong with Halo players?
There is no benefit to staying if the player feels they're performing poorly or if they're getting lag, etc.

Plywood said:

noone from HaloGAF is online. I thought maybe HaloGAF played Halo but I guess not.

Plywood said:
There is no benefit to staying if the player feels they're performing poorly or if they're getting lag, etc.

We weren't even doing bad until after they left. They just randomly left after we had a cap and the other team didn't we were up at the point.

Not a bad update, considering there isn't much new info to discuss.
Trasher said:
Wooooo! Got my bachelor's degree in Digital Media Arts and Technology!

Perhaps I can finally play some Reach now. :)
Awesome! Congrats! Now get a job you deadbeat. :p

Tunavi

Banned
BWU said:
Every bloody bit of your Post Game Carnage, including access to our robust suite of statistics, your Service Record, and your personal File Share access will remain safely housed right here on Bungie.net for a good, long time to come.
This makes me very very very very happy.

Can't wait for matchmaking/customs tomorrow

Crucio

xxjuicesxx said:
Ughh I love getting disconnected from Live even though I'm still online in my house...

Yeah I got disconnected with no warning JUST as a game was about to start. Thats NEVER happened before. Because of that stupid thing I lost my chance at getting the Jackpot.

Also people have been idling in Big Team, just to get the dam Jackpot, not many but some.

Schmitty

Well the updates have really become stale, but I guess that's because they aren't talking about their new game at all yet.

Detox

Domino Theory said:
The credit system is pretty screwed up. The best way to permanently please those yearning to be constantly rewarded is to permanently increase your chance of landing a big jackpot and adding an extra 0 at the end of every amount of cR you get.

Problem solved. :)
Yeah but if the ranks also scale along with that then the bar will still move up at the same lethargic pace. COD does ranking perfectly it moves fast and so people not interested in levelling are satisfied with the unlocks. People who want a longer levelling up curve can prestige and are rewarded as well.

Oh yea good games, sorry fi I yelled a lot I was hammered. Then I looked at B.net and realized we did damn good. I guess after perfections even winning doesn't seem that good.

Also I think we got 3000 credit slot machine 3 times.

Ughh I have to upgrade to FiOS.

Top Bottom