• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
xxjuicesxx said:
Oh yea good games, sorry fi I yelled a lot I was hammered. Then I looked at B.net and realized we did damn good. I guess after perfections even winning doesn't seem that good.

Also I think we got 3000 credit slot machine 3 times.

Ughh I have to upgrade to FiOS.
Do it and don't look back. I love my FiOs.

wwm0nkey

A27_StarWolf said:
Thank god, I think because Bungie made the game, they should get to keep the pages like that.
yeah it would be weird and probably cause Bungie.net to be a ghost town till their new title is shown.

Tashi0106 said:
Do it and don't look back. I love my FiOs.

Yea I lost connection to Live twice last night in the middle of games, even though I was still connected to the internet. It was just really weak connection last night and I was lagging for like 1/2 my games. Time Warner 20/1 is retarded. Yea mad download but the upload sucks so many round objects.

FiOS in June/July when I move to my new place though so I'm excited.

MrBig

I wouldn't move anywhere that doesn't offer FiOS or another fiber line. I couldn't go back

Where is Bungie's new office?

bobs99 ... said:
A Reach 1v1 sounds like the stupidest thing in the world lol, Halo 3 it. :p

You should watch Hyper Ninja's 1v1 game battles when he streams. When you got two 1v1 players who know how to play 1v1 it gets really good.

Definitely liking the chatpad, never had one before but it adds a nice amount of weight to the controller and the extra backing gives your fingers a nice spot to hold. Oh yea and the whole typing messages fast thing is pretty good too I guess.

xxjuicesxx said:
You should watch Hyper Ninja's 1v1 game battles when he streams. When you got two 1v1 players who know how to play 1v1 it gets really good.
Looks like we'll need a replacement for Starwolf then.

I'm talking about how he doesn't know how to play Halo. That he's a bad player.

Crucio

xxjuicesxx said:

Definitely liking the chatpad, never had one before but it adds a nice amount of weight to the controller and the extra backing gives your fingers a nice spot to hold. Oh yea and the whole typing messages fast thing is pretty good too I guess.

Man writing messages without the chatpad is like fighting Ganon without the master sword!
I'm so glad I bought one!!!

kylej

Banned
i haven't played Halo in like 3 or 4 months but I'll play that starwolf kid today first thing back if you want. 1v1 jetpacks hemo ARs only bitches

bobs99 ... said:
A Reach 1v1 sounds like the stupidest thing in the world lol, Halo CE it. :p

Fixed

Wow giving players that notification about jackpots in game really affects the population of playlists. BTB is the most populated playlist at this time.

ChrisD84

Dax01 said:
That's pretty damn sweet. We should organize a GAF montage that only has Pro-Pipe kills.

I know this post was from a few days back, but i'd love to see an all pro-pipe montage!

I'm pretty useless with the weapon though, probably the only decent kill i have with it was this clip (which i've posted here before)

GL Overkill

On a different note, i just had probably my best game of FF so far, we lasted untill the end and i managed to get 3 Hero medals :D

You can download it from my fileshare if anyone feels like watching it. Nobody need render it though, it's nothing special tbh and it's like 30 minutes long :p

Ken

Steelyuhas said:
Fixed

Wow giving players that notification about jackpots in game really affects the population of playlists. BTB is the most populated playlist at this time.

We should get a BTB party going today.

Steelyuhas said:
Fixed

A Halo CE 1v1 would be amazing. Which is another reason why they need to remake it with XBLA capabilities. :p

About the populations its pretty sad when CR is the biggest draw to a playlist, hopefully classic will get the Cr jackpot treatment next weekend. Im not 100% a fan of classic, but it deserves a population boost.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
If you guys do start a BTB group and don't mind me joining (I'm not good), let me know. Gamertag is Lyphen.

Kuroyume

Banned
Steelyuhas said:

It's terrible. Played some of that and Defiant earlier and the lag is really horrible. I guess all the new people messes up the whateverthing that makes you connect with people close to you or with good connections

Also, some of those Forge community maps are freaking huge. Like, I didn't even realize you could make maps that big.

Crucio

Ramirez said:
Er, does this mean I can't get into PAX now? lol
I believe there are single day passes available. Meaning if you want to be there the whole weekend you need three tickets!!

Logged on to Waypoint today, there was a required update. I wonder what has been added or changed?

CortanaV

Neo Member
Crucio said:
I believe there are single day passes available. Meaning if you want to be there the whole weekend you need three tickets!!
For shame and a moderate amount of dedication.

By the way, no official Bungie presence at E3 this year. Will this absence spread to PAX?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
According to FyreWulff on HBO, the Jackpot stuff has boosted BTB to higher population numbers than Team Slayer.

BTB's population is sitting at ~13,000 right now.

There are more people on in BTB than Team Slayer

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
According to FyreWulff on HBO, the Jackpot stuff has boosted BTB to higher population numbers than Team Slayer.
I'm a wee bummed that instead of rotating double cR playlists, we get the double cR (jackpot) rotating around existing playlists. I was hoping for some specialized playlists rotating through.

Anyone want to party up for the weekly tonight? My daughter and I need to do it again since our last one glitched out after the fact.

GhaleonEB said:
I'm a wee bummed that instead of rotating double cR playlists, we get the double cR (jackpot) rotating around existing playlists. I was hoping for some specialized playlists rotating through.
They're actually playing it smart, improve a playlist, promote it to temporarily boost its population, and hope for decent retention. It'd be great if Bungie could dedicate resources creating specialized playlists that wouldn't merit permanent spots but they have limited resources and I'd rather have them dedicating their limited efforts towards improving the existing playlists.

Ramirez said:
Er, does this mean I can't get into PAX now? lol
Just get a single day pass, lord knows you'll see all the PAX showfloor you'd want to see in a single day. Hopefully you wouldn't be flying across the country just to shuffle around a crowded gymnasium with thousands of the most vile nerds in the pacific northwest. Hopefully there's things outside of PAX that will warrant the trip. If it turns out that I can't go I'll give you my pass if that's possible but don't plan your trip around it.

GhaleonEB

Lake Minnetonka said:
They're actually playing it smart, improve a playlist, promote it to temporarily boost its population, and hope for decent retention. It'd be great if Bungie could dedicate resources creating specialized playlists that wouldn't merit permanent spots but they have limited resources and I'd rather have them dedicating their limited efforts towards improving the existing playlists.
I'd rather have both, of course, but I do agree that overhauling and then promoting a playlist like this is a good approach.

I remember looking forward to the various Double XP weekends - each weekend was an event, to various degrees - and so I'm hoping this rotating credit boost to standing playlists isn't the full extent of where the concept will end.

Tunavi

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
8th Perfection from last night.

Not against good players but decent DMR pacing I'd say.
Oh I just went 18-1 on Utopie. My death? Same thing that happened to this guy... Fuck.

Edits: haha, the next game I got my perfection. All is well again.

Utopie is actually a very good map IMO. Every power weapon (sniper/laser/banshee) is between the two bases and both teams need to fight over the weapons at the start to control the map. It's not just a "here's a tank/banshee! Try to kill the other tank/banshee!" IloveBTB did a great job of balancing it and now the lower base has a walkway up the rocks as well. I'm having fun on it now and its a strategical map now.

I don't understand why people don't enjoy Boneyard for Big Team Slayer. I love that damn map.

Good games Lyphen

I guess if an 8th spot in that BTB GAF party clears up, send me an invite?

Damnit Bungie, give Team Objective the credit jackpot.

There's a playlist that actually needs and deserves the extra incentive to get people to try it.

Hey You

The Antitype said:
Damnit Bungie, give Team Objective the credit jackpot.

There's a playlist that actually needs and deserves the extra incentive to get people to try it.
I would rather them boost the Performance (Win) bonus, rather than a jackpot. If its a jackpot, people will still ignore the objective and go for kills.

Great wedding. It's the first one I've ever been to, and it couldn't have been better.

A few things:

1. I don't know if this is new or not, but I was searching through Washington's State Licensing website, and I found an entry for "Bungie Aerospace Corporation." It has a newer UBI than Bungie, Inc. and the Bungie Foundation. At this website, it has a filing date of April 27, 2011. The state of incorporation is Delaware, but on the first link I posted, Harold Ryan is listed as a governing person. (Edit: Actually, it has his name spelled Harlod Ryan. Could this be a complete coincidence? lol)

2. I'm curious: Urk said Bungie won't be at E3 "officially." What does "officially" entail? Could Bungie show something off to a few people behind closed doors? It seems weird that we would get hints that E3 2011 would be the time for revealing the next project and not see anything.

3. Whatever happened with Bungie's copyrighted/trademarked names found earlier this year (Osiris, New Monarchy, Dead Orbit and Seven Seraphs)?

4. I just borrowed Halo 2 and the Multiplayer Map Pack from my girlfriend's brother, so I'll be down to play customs whenever that happens again.

5. I'm going to buy my single-day passes to PAX one at a time, starting with Saturday. PAX will be one day after my 21st birthday, so I expect plenty of drinking with legal-age HaloGAF (and Bungie/343) and a lot of fun. Don't let me down, guys! :^)

Top Bottom