• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Hey You

Hitmonchan107 said:
1. I don't know if this is new or not, but I was searching through Washington's State Licensing website, and I found an entry for "Bungie Aerospace Corporation." It has a newer UBI than Bungie, Inc. and the Bungie Foundation. At this website, it has a filing date of April 27, 2011. The state of incorporation is Delaware, but on the first link I posted, Harold Ryan is listed as a governing person. (Edit: Actually, it has his name spelled Harlod Ryan. Could this be a complete coincidence? lol)
Interesting. Maybe Bungie's starting a new division of Bungie?

blamite

The Antitype said:
I love all the new Forge maps actually. Very creative. Makes me wish the creators HAD MORE TEXTURES TO USE.

:p
Yeah, I just played a game on Utopie, and I've gotta say, It's a big improvement over Paradiso (not like that's hard to do, though). I'm not sure if it's actual good map quality yet, but the forging and building setup is really well done. I can't imagine what these people could do if they had a really versatile set of tools.

feel

Tashi0106 said:
Gotta pull an all nighter so I'm just gonna play Halo. Stream will be on all night.

http://www.justin.tv/tashiii
I'm at this barbecue, watching someone play Halo live on my cellphone while it's connected to the really loud main speakers, streaming vallenato from Pandora (it's what these people like, don't judge). Fucking smartphone era eh? If I unmute JTV by mistake the 80ish people here will flip the fuck out at the sound of loud gunshots.

blamite

Hey You said:
Interesting. Maybe Bungie's starting a new division of Bungie?
Hmmm... Bungie West was the division of Bungie that made Oni while the main offices were stil in Chicago, right? Maybe Bungie in Washington will be working on the 10 year Activion game, while Aerospace works on diferent side projects?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Letters said:
I'm at this barbecue, watching someone play Halo live on my cellphone while it's connected to the really loud main speakers, streaming vallenato from Pandora (it's what these people like, don't judge). Fucking smartphone era eh? If I unmute JTV by mistake the 80ish people here will flip the fuck out at the sound of loud gunshots.

Hahahha

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Letters said:
If you don't/didn't I'll be very disappointed.

GhaleonEB

Hitmonchan107 said:
More jumping on the conclusions mat:

Why would Bungie need another community content writer? Three reasons I can think of:

1) Urk was getting lazy.
2) Urk is getting promoted.
3) New Bungie branch.

Urk was originally the new Luke in terms of b.net content. He is now the new Brian - so someone else needs to generate that content, especially after their new game is revealed. He's gonna be mad busy.

New Alexandria LASO done. Again.

Now to do it on my daughter's account solo tomorrow. :\

Ramirez

Yea, so basically I just get gangbanged for 70 extra bucks if I buy 6 individual passes, oh well. It's not possible that they will "sell out" of PAX tickets is it? I can't actually make my plans until after the 10th, heh.

A27_StarWolf said:
the needle rifle is so much cooler than the carbine
Actually, I really like using the carbine in Halo3. Maybe it's because most people don't ever pick it up. But lighting up people's screens with green induces panic for a lot of players.

Nutter

Tashi0106 said:
I thought I was a try hard. This Nutter guy though, he takes it to another level lol

lol-why-you-mad-tho.jpg

wwm0nkey

A27_StarWolf said:
the needle rifle is so much cooler than the carbine
I would have just preferred for them to keep the carbine but have the strength of the NR. More of a cosmetic thing for me personally.

Deputy Moonman said:
For someone like me who pretty much despises most vehicles in Halo, this had me laughing pretty good today. The two teammates were probably not very good, seeing as how they didn't even bother trying to get out. I'd like to think that they were just accepting their fate in shame.
http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=122402215

Haha the way they both just sat there cracked me up.

By the way I just realized why I have never seen you on... I didnt even have you added. How did I not notice that lol.

bobs99 ... said:
Haha the way they both just sat there cracked me up.

By the way I just realized why I have never seen you on... I didnt even have you added. How did I not notice that lol.
ha! no idea. It never occurred to me either. I usually just assume that no one is playing halo3 and jump straight into matchmaking.

I'm doing an Halo 3 run again and it is funny that the first 4 mission feel like a big epic battle. A feeling that I never had in Reach. Reach showed us a lot of new places and the different stages of a Convenant Invasion. But I wished it would only show the last few hours/days of Reach...

*hops into BTB*
*gets Assault on Hemorrhage (so it would end in a tie), BTB Slayer on Hemorrhage, and something else I don't like, so I vote none of the above.*
*gets One Bomb Assault on Spire, Boneyard, and Boardwalk as options*

Well, that's a no-win situation.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Dax01 said:
*hops into BTB*
*gets Assault on Hemorrhage (so it would end in a tie), BTB Slayer on Hemorrhage, and something else I don't like, so I vote none of the above.*
*gets One Bomb Assault on Spire, Boneyard, and Boardwalk as options*

Welp, that's a no-win situation.

Go in with a proper team and get some sweet Bomb and Flag games going. That playlist is actually good again with the new community maps, Bomb games and lack of Stockpile/Headhunter poop.

Tashi

Ramirez said:
lol, what did he do?
Went like +27 in a BTB Slayer game. Got Wraith on Hemo every time. Grabbed like every sniper. He even betrayed me for a sniper. Guy's kind of a douche :/

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Tashi0106 said:
Went like +27 in a BTB Slayer game. Got Wraith on Hemo every time. Grabbed like every sniper. He even betrayed me for a sniper. Guy's kind of a douche :/
Get on his level.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:
I thought I was a try hard. This Nutter guy though, he takes it to another level lol
We're all try hards somewhere, I want to get 100 of these before Reach is done(whenever the next Halo game rolls around.)

vy0hv.png

/metagaming

Ramirez

Tashi0106 said:

If he were a true try hard, he would put out a daily montage, amirite?

lol, but seriously, I don't get the MLG term "try hard" at all, are you supposed to try and suck when you play online? Like "warrior" is a hilarious term to me, but "try hard" is just dumb and makes no sense.

Tashi

Ramirez said:
If here were a true try hard, he would put out a daily montage, amirite?

lol, but seriously, I don't get the MLG term "try hard" at all, are you supposed to try and suck when you play online? Like "warrior" is a hilarious term to me, but "try hard" is just dumb and makes no sense.

Lol. My theory about where "try hard" came from is that when people who have points, are "known" or are pros get beat by "lesser" players. And it just evolved to if you call out in games or try to get your teammates to focus on the game, you're a try hard. And you're super cool if you don't care about the match you're playing. By doucher MLG kids, I'm a try hard. But it's because I hate losing in Halo. I have fun when I'm winning. So I try to win. It's just such a stupid fucking term.

I mentioned it about Nutter because we were laughing at him going +4388573 last night in BTB.

MrBig

Looks like the jackpot incentive is working; more people are in BTB (10k) than TS (8k).
Please advertise Classic in this way.

e: these community maps are absolute garbage. All of them that I have played so far have had framerate problems. Assault on Trident is one of the worst object games I have ever experienced. Instant arm means mongoose rush + the bomb plate is in a direct sight line of the opposing base (on top of it being impossible to shoot any enemies at your own plate from anywhere besides on that platform itself) means there is no such thing as disarming a bomb when playing against even moderate players.

Thermite

lol @ "try hard". Some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard in my life.....U WANNA WIN THE MATCH, BRO!? THE FUCK, U MUST B A TRY HARD!!!1

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The Real Napsta said:
How many did you get in Halo 3?
I'd assume not very many, checking now...

0 on my Xenolock account (didn't play much on it and my gold ran out on it, then they wouldn't let me resurrect the tag for quite some time.) But 6 on my other tag that I used at that time.

Thermite said:
lol @ "try hard". Some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard in my life.....U WANNA WIN THE MATCH, BRO!? THE FUCK, U MUST B A TRY HARD!!!1

Haha, I don't think anybody has a problem with people playing to win. It's when they start screaming at their teammates about it that people think they should either enter a tournament or chill out and enjoy the game.

BTW, why do people hate Stockpile and Headhunter so much? I agree they shouldn't be in competitive playlists like Arena and MLG, but I don't mind a game of stockpile or Headhunter for some silly, chaotic fun between more serious fare like CTF.

GhaleonEB

The Antitype said:
BTW, why do people hate Stockpile and Headhunter so much? I agree they shouldn't be in competitive playlists like Arena and MLG, but I don't mind a game of stockpile or Headhunter for some silly, chaotic fun between more serious fare like CTF.
I like them both, but it's a matter of proportions. BTB seemed focused on Slayer and those two game types for a while. With Assault and CTF weighted more heavily now, I'm fine with Stockpile in the mix. Though, people have been voting for Assault, which I have no issues with. None at all.

Striker

Assault needs to go back to the original version. They made it entirely too easy to plant the bomb (coupled with walking with the bomb is now 100% speed), and once it's armed, unless you have two or so guys already in the base, it's going to get scored.

If they go back to the challenging form, it'll be great. I like them maps Trident and Wayont. Utopie is a step ahead because of the neutral spawns for the Sniper and Banshee. Renegade I have found rather meh, though. Abridged is heavily armed with power weapons.

Now if he can adjust or fix Boneyard and Spire for a true 1-flag and 1-bomb experience.

Kuroyume

Banned
I like Stockpile with the exception of Stockpile on Highlands since that map is way too big. Stockpile is pretty fun on Swordbase and Powerhouse even with the bottom spawn team having an advantage in the latter map.

Headhunter is terrible. It's just way too random. I guess you could say camping the scoring points would be a good strategy or perhaps using jetpack like I did in a game earlier, but they're not perfect strategies. I dislike everything about it. I hate random elements in gaming.

As for the BTB community maps... I kind of like them so far. Problem with these maps is that they're really huge and it seems like a lot of the space goes unused. Also, they're pretty damn open. Not sure how I feel about it at the moment. You can pretty much accept death once you're out there because you'll have a few DMRs on you and there's very little cover. On the other hand I've enjoyed using the DMR on there because of that.

Btw, I used the mancannon on of those maps... Might have been Renegade and it flung me into a rock and caused me to suicide. Wow. I'm pretty sure I had full health too.

neoism

Plywood said:
We're all try hards somewhere, I want to get 100 of these before Reach is done(whenever the next Halo game rolls around.)

vy0hv.png

/metagaming
lolol I have 1...

in all of my halo games between all 3 games. :(
Just imagine if you liked Reach plywood.. :p

neoism

Thermite said:
yep... I don't even play REACH unless I try hard..lol I give every match my best, as should everyone. Sadly its not the case.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
neoism said:
lolol I have 1...

in all of my halo games between all 3 games. :(
Just imagine if you liked Reach plywood.. :p
There are things I like of Reach, parts of it, but as a whole I do not.

You already know one of the top things I hate. :p

Gui_PT

Plywood said:
There are things I like of Reach, parts of it, but as a whole I do not.

You already know one of the top things I hate. :p

Clearly, those Perfections were only possible with the help of Armor Lock.

Top Bottom