• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Tunavi said:
Fun fact: Hunters are actually massive clusters of tiny worms

Yeah, that fact makes Hunters 10x more awesome.

I remember I was so confused when I read that the population of Hunters was in the Trillions. I think I read it in the Halo 2 manual, but I'm not sure.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
GhaleonEB said:
http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1060218

Notable sections:

Killing the big AA guns from long range with vehicles, and using the beams and rock shelf to skip the big refining site area are the two big time savers.

One tip: after using the Warthog to take out the second AA gun, just wait there. You'll get one checkpoint, and then a minute or so later, a second. The second one will come after the Wraiths are gone.

If/when you die, do a save/quit before the game reverts to the last checkpoint. Then resume. Hit pause, and the Challenge is lit up again, so you can complete it.

Edit: beat on all fronts.

When doing the mission solo now, I always take out the AA guns from long range. I can't believe I never thought to before.
Yeah, once you get it down, it is not that bad. I just did it by myself in 35 minutes and didn't even need to use the save/quit. Was actually pretty fun.

wwm0nkey

Just had a pretty intense 2v4 speedflag match on Tempest today, went up against 4 guys in the last 20 seconds but managed to score it without getting killed :lol

-Yeti said:

I remember I was so confused when I read that the population of Hunters was in the Trillions. I think I read it in the Halo 2 manual, but I'm not sure.
I remember reading "trillions" before "Lekgolo =/= Mgalekgolo" and thinking "holy christ, there are literally trillions of these things in existence." Then I read the worms part.
KuGsj.gif

I just got Unearthed in FF Arcade (which I thought was a small miracle) and people VETOED IT!! WHAT

And then after the next map was Glacier, and everyone vetoed that, the next map was...Glacier.

I am so confused right now.

And to boot, it was one of the laggiest FF games I have ever played.

Also, wildly off topic, but the Foo Fighters new album, Wasting Light, reminds me of when music wasn't dead.

Lingitiz

Steelyuhas said:
I just got Unearthed in FF Arcade (which I thought was a small miracle) and people VETOED IT!! WHAT

And then after the next map was Glacier, and everyone vetoed that, the next map was...Glacier.

And to boot, it was one of the laggiest FF games I have ever played.

Also, wildly off topic, but the Foo Fighters new album, Wasting Light, reminds me of when music wasn't dead.
Yeah this actually happened to me too, no idea wtf people are thinking.

neclas

Steelyuhas said:

Personally, I veto the gametypes now that weapon pickup is disabled. The only map that I veto is waterfront. So that could have been what they were doing.

Also, a lot of people (me included) think that Unearthed is mediocre. The outskirts of the map never get used.

Hitmonchan107 said:
The past five years or so have held some of my favorite albums of all time.

Music is only dead if you expect to sit back and let it find you.

Good Firefight matches tonight, Ghal! Sorry about the last round. My girlfriend came in upset, and I had to make her feel better. (Worst time to be the Last Man Standing, lol!)

No yeah I understand, there is good music out there, but I like to say its dead because of whats popular these days.

Those five albums are all very good. The Fleet Foxes and Arcade Fire ones are excellent.

wwm0nkey

So thanks to the new options we got from the 'Insane' game type we now have a bowling map in Halo Reach :lol

I really wish we had access to these scripts that Bungie has.

Nutter

Tashi0106 said:
Oh ok.

Thanks man. Yea, I just started editing Week 3's. It's coming along slowly but surely.
So uh, remind me what is the point of these montages?

Get better scrub, these are making me fall asleep :p

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
A fucking game of Hockey in Actionsack and I'm helping someone kill a guy and happen to get a Yoink and he just goes off. Douchebag shit talking tools. I thought they all went to CoD. :|

LunaticPuma said:
The space part is the easiest part of that mission on LASO. Whenever there is a points challenge for campaign, I just load up LNoS rally point Alpha which is the beginning of the space part with all skulls on. It usually takes 5-7 minutes for an easy 40,000+ points.

Okay, thanks for taking my worries away :)
Do the Seraphs just behave like any other vehicle in campaign then?

equil

Im actually enjoying action sack more than the classic playlist.

I thought it would be the other way around.
If there was some way to fix the grenades it'd be so much better.
They need to make 4SK show up more often.

vhfive

equil said:
Im actually enjoying action sack more than the classic playlist.

I thought it would be the other way around.
If there was some way to fix the grenades it'd be so much better.
They need to make 4SK show up more often.
I would like action sack if they removed Hockey. That's all people vote for and it's shitty. Scoring takes forever, it's boring as shit and it almost always takes the full amount of time. It's just a bunch of idiots running around trying to assassinate each other.

Crucio

Alright! This weekly is gonna be fun and frustrating. At least this one is easy to start out with multiple players. You don't have to get stuck dying over and over like on ToTS start.

Looking forward to it!

Crucio said:
Alright! This weekly is gonna be fun and frustrating. At least this one is easy to start out with multiple players. You don't have to get stuck dying over and over like on ToTS start.

Looking forward to it!

How did you do it then? When I did it with a friend, we only died around 6 times and after that, we had a sweet spot to kill the turrets and get the pelican to drop the Hog.

Weekly is fucking hard. I'm stuck at the first hangar section. I keep getting killed by a random grenade, fuel rod or an Elite rushing me. I'm not looking forward to everything after this room.

Just a few tips from the first half of the level though. When starting off, keep to the left. Wait for the very first dropship to go before running, but basically keep to the left and try to grab a plasma pistol. Keep running to where the Wraith drops. I don't know if you need to take it out or if you can just hide for a while but eventually the rest of your team will just clear a path and the front doors will open. I commandeered the Wraith and was trying to get it up the path (and failing) when all of a sudden I got a checkpoint and my teammates telling me to continue in the door. I grabbed the Drop Shield here.

Before the Saber section I grabbed the Energy Sword and it has come in handy a bit. Saber section is seemingly unaffected by skulls so just play it as normal. If you're getting shot just do a few somersaults and that should shake off the fire.

Now when you're boarding the Corvette in the 'Zealot' area, I just sworded the Elites that jetpack up. I dropped down and took out another Elite with the sword. At this point, I was just playing chicken with 2 more Elites. While trying to reposition myself in this fight, I guess I avoided them long enough that the game just let me continue. I got a checkpoint, and the next doors opened and I didn't even have to clear the room. Now I'm where I left off. I'll pick it back up tomorrow, maybe I just need a break.

Striker

Waypoint should do more of the Halo 2 map recollections. Once they finish the map themselves, maybe record some 1-flag on Terminal action. :)

Willeth

Barrow Roll said:
Weekly is fucking hard. I'm stuck at the first hangar section. I keep getting killed by a random grenade, fuel rod or an Elite rushing me. I'm not looking forward to everything after this room.

Just a few tips from the first half of the level though. When starting off, keep to the left. Wait for the very first dropship to go before running, but basically keep to the left and try to grab a plasma pistol. Keep running to where the Wraith drops. I don't know if you need to take it out or if you can just hide for a while but eventually the rest of your team will just clear a path and the front doors will open. I commandeered the Wraith and was trying to get it up the path (and failing) when all of a sudden I got a checkpoint and my teammates telling me to continue in the door. I grabbed the Drop Shield here.

Before the Saber section I grabbed the Energy Sword and it has come in handy a bit. Saber section is seemingly unaffected by skulls so just play it as normal. If you're getting shot just do a few somersaults and that should shake off the fire.

Now when you're boarding the Corvette in the 'Zealot' area, I just sworded the Elites that jetpack up. I dropped down and took out another Elite with the sword. At this point, I was just playing chicken with 2 more Elites. While trying to reposition myself in this fight, I guess I avoided them long enough that the game just let me continue. I got a checkpoint, and the next doors opened and I didn't even have to clear the room. Now I'm where I left off. I'll pick it back up tomorrow, maybe I just need a break.
I wasn't expecting trouble with the space section either, but for some reason they're much more intelligent than when I did my solo Legendary run. I'm guessing Thunderstorm.

EDIT: You commandeered the Wraith? I wasn't able to do that because Mythic beefed the Elite up. Are you sure you're running LASO and not regular Legendary?

JonCha

Is Marty going to be doing something else, non-Bungie related or is he sticking with them for their next project? Will be weird to have a Halo 4 without his music.

kylej

Banned
JonCha said:
Is Marty going to be doing something else, non-Bungie related or is he sticking with them for their next project? Will be weird to have a Halo 4 without his music.

He'll be campaigning with the Palin/Santorum ticket for 2012.

kylej said:
He'll be campaigning with the Palin/Santorum ticket for 2012.
If he used his music to help their campaign, that might be enough to swing my vote. :p

But really: never in a million years would I even consider voting for a ticket like that.

Hitmonchan107

Did I miss this or did you just hit Member? Congrats man.

So here's a question: Does anyone know why Bungie changed "Killtacular" from 4 kills in Halo 2 to 5 kills in Halo 3+?
I've always wondered that.
My friend is really glad he didn't get a tattoo of the Killtacular medal, it would have sucked when Bungie renamed it to the less exciting Overkill.

JonCha said:

I would assume he would be working on the next Bungie IP, but as far as Halo goes I guess 343 is going to have to find a new composer?

O D I N

-Yeti said:

They mention it in Ghosts of Onyx, too (rereading it now, just passed that part. :p)

ncsuDuncan said:
Did I miss this or did you just hit Member? Congrats man.

Likewise. Grats Hitmonchan. :)

Miggytronz

bobs99 ... said:
I would assume he would be working on the next Bungie IP, but as far as Halo goes I guess 343 is going to have to find a new composer?

Last i heard was if hes asked to doit he will but he hasnt heard for his request.

Louis Wu said:
I'm pretty sure that was with regard to a Halo movie, not the next Halo game.

*Marty hands Peter Jackson a copy of the Halo:CE OST*

"Here you go. Just use that Requiem for a Dream song in the trailer."

But seriously, doing the Halo movie score would be a much easier/shorter project than all the effort he puts into scoring a game without even counting all of the other sound design aspects like dialogue.

see5harp

Wow didn't notice that they started posting specific deals on the rewards page. Just picked up Defiant map pack to get the 400 point rebate. They should really be showing those rewards on the dashboard page. I also realized that all of those one month codes from the Netflix extravaganza are actually netting me 10 MS points a month! Nice!

see5harp said:
Wow didn't notice that they started posting specific deals on the rewards page. Just picked up Defiant map pack to get the 400 point rebate. They should really be showing those rewards on the dashboard page. I also realized that all of those one month codes from the Netflix extravaganza are actually netting me 10 MS points a month! Nice!

Also spend at least 200 point this month and get a banshee avatar free!

Top Bottom