• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Hitmonchan107 said:
Getting technical now, are we? :^)

PAX Prime 2011

And where were you last night? I told Veronica to slap you for me.

I'm not sensing the red-hot heat of fury, so I guess my imperative faltered on faint ears.

You can't see my face, but there's a giant handprint on my cheek. I have shamed myself.

I might try to catch a late Sunday flight, but I'm looking to arrive in Seattle around 10 a.m. Thursday.
Nah, he meant that... forget it. Duncan answered already.

If it works everything after plan, I'll arrive Thursday at 6:37pm.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Hitmonchan107 said:
And where were you last night? I told Veronica to slap you for me.

I was running the official dude bro pro room of Bone Thugs 'N Harmony. Shame you couldn't join the Icy Hot Stuntaz in helping us wreck folks left and right.

At least that's how I remember it.

Is this the final of the two weeks BWU fast? It feels like it's been longer, my belly is hungry.
Yesterday's credits fell over me like rain. After playing FF doubles attack (2x score attack, in which the rocket hog actually works) I mistakenly wandered into BTB and paid the ultimate price for it. A painfully long drawn out loss due to complete team disorganization in CTF. I find it easier to push into the base to grab a flag if you do it while the opposing team is dead. Well, everybody wanted to make sure the other team had respawned and took position before wandering into the base, or better yet push in solo. Again and again. I wonder why we got shut out, though? I should've asked the 3 guys waiting at the sniper spawn on Hemorrhage staring at each other. They seemed calm.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Account Attempt #4 said:
Is this the final of the two weeks BWU fast? It feels like it's been longer, my belly is hungry.

Expect a tasty snack later on today. =)

Exclusive June Matchmaking Update Details Ahoy!

Account Attempt #4 said:
Dani said:

It's sad not feeling the pre-E3 hype from Bungie this year.

This is the first time in years that Bungie won't announce anything (unless they do it as Bungie Aerospace). At least it won't end up like this.

GhaleonEB

Dani said:

I thought our sources were the same on this front, but I seem to have missed this particular memo. Good news, though. Hoping for a certain set of Firefight changes to be outlined.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GhaleonEB said:
I thought our sources were the same on this front, but I seem to have missed this particular memo. Good news, though. Hoping for a certain set of Firefight changes to be outlined.
magic_8_ball.jpg

That Pit remake on Tempest is really good. The way its set up on Tempest makes for a pretty nice aesthetic. The glass wall and the view through it is pretty awesome.

Anybody wants to play some Reach? I'm European and I had some problems with Tunavi while playing but if that doesn't bother you, send a message to Robbert014

Tha Robbertster said:
Anybody wants to play some Reach? I'm European and I had some problems with Tunavi while playing but if that doesn't bother you, send a message to Robbert014

I read that as you guys had some fundamental problems with each other because you are European :p

Hey You

Super Jackpot weekend starts now and runs until Sunday Night! Play and complete games in LIVING DEAD for a chance to win a daily Super Jackpot of 13,000 Credits!

The following playlists are currently offering Double Jackpots all week long!
-The Arena
-Squad Slayer
-Defiant Map Pack
-Doubles Attack

Hey You said:
Super Jackpot weekend starts now and runs until Sunday Night! Play and complete games in LIVING DEAD for a chance to win a daily Super Jackpot of 13,000 Credits!

-The Arena
-Squad Slayer
-Defiant Map Pack
-Doubles Attack

Ugh, that is one Super Jackpot that I will not be trying to get.

GhaleonEB said:

I'm so stoked to hear about the firefight details!

Tunavi said:
Oh man Hitmonchan just got owned haha :)

Invasion anyone?

Fun game today despite our squad ending up on the losing side. I was all set to clutch the victory once that tank spawned but unfortunately my teammate (apparently in an effort to man the gunner) got a bit too up close and personal with both a tank shell and a plasma blast from your wraith resulting in a betrayal and more or less the game. At least I managed to complete the "Neuroscience" challenge for the day so there's that at least. Oh and my teammates were idiots :/

A quick clip from our game today showing what happens when you get a bit too greedy after capturing a territory:

"Tanked"

And a bonus clip. As you can see I haven't had much luck with vehicles lately lol

Hog's Revenge

Hey You said:

-The Arena
-Squad Slayer
-Defiant Map Pack
-Doubles Attack

Did Living Dead get an update recently?

Because that's the only scenario where I see it deserving a Super Jackpot. Why has Classic still not gotten one? Or Team Objective?

In the same vein, I don't think Squad Slayer needs a Double Jackpot (although I haven't looked at the population numbers in a couple days.)

*grumble*

Unless Jeremiah is planning on updating Classic or TO soon and wants to save the Super Duper Jackpot for after that rolls out. But I very much doubt that.

Hey You said:

-The Arena
-Squad Slayer
-Defiant Map Pack
-Doubles Attack
Oh, hell yes.

Ramirez

Striker said:
Two grenades usually evolved in frag fests for the smaller maps like Countdown and Reflection. Asylum is one map that shrugs off into a stalemate of sorts, and I can't fathom why they decided not to place any plasma grenades at base, or single frags at the bottom of the ring, like how Sanctuary had. It would be cool to have Mac's Sanctuary added, but I highly doubt they would have somebody else's remake go ahead of their own.

It's like Bungie knows the nades are broken, but instead of title updating some damage modifiers, they just change how the game has always played with 2+ nades, ugh.

Tawpgun

Never forget the 4 of each. I never recall nade spam being an issue in H2. In CE they were balanced by a long fuse.

So when can we expect to see who made it on the GAF team? Wednesday?

GhaleonEB

ncsuDuncan said:
Unless Jeremiah is planning on updating Classic or TO soon and wants to save the Super Duper Jackpot for after that rolls out. But I very much doubt that.
No to the first, yes to the second.

Team Classic:

Jeremiah said:
More maps could be beneficial, sure... but that can be said for any playlist really. What you have to keep in perspective is that we've already put a lot of time and effort towards something that we knew wouldn't be widely popular. We did this to provide a unique gameplay experience, mission accomplished.

I'm not saying we're going to remove it in the immediate future or that we won't make minor tweaks and fixes moving forward, but we're also not going to continue investing large amounts of development time into something that is clearly not of interest to the general population.

Team Objective is getting a BTB-style overhaul in the June update, so I can see it being the target of a super jackpot after it rolls out.

Hey You

ncsuDuncan said:
Did Living Dead get an update recently?

Because that's the only scenario where I see it deserving a Super Jackpot. Why has Classic still not gotten one? Or Team Objective?

In the same vein, I don't think Squad Slayer needs a Double Jackpot (although I haven't looked at the population numbers in a couple days.)

*grumble*

Yep, Living Dead got an update in may. 12 players,Alpha Zombies gametype added and Safe havens removed.

Team Objective is getting an update in June, so it'll probably get a Super jackpot.

Edit: Beaten

Crucio

Hey all, just thought I'd point this out, approximately 11 hours ago these two tweets were posted on @nobleactual. http://twitter.com/#!/nobleactual

"Am I alive?"

"Control has been yielded to the SYSTEM PERIL CORE SHUTDOWN. RESTARTING IN 48 HOURS."

On the main twitter page is says this:
"System status has been altered. Shutting down core functions. Restarting in 48 hours.
http://www.nobleactual.com/"

What does this mean? @nobleactual hasn't been used since Sept 14th 2010.
Now all of a sudden it seems something is going to happen to the Reach Dev Blog.

My theory: A rehash of the dev blog into a website to help bring Bungie's new IP into the light. OR 343i has taken ownership of the blog and twitter account to promote a new Halo.

Ramirez

A27 Tawpgun said:
Never forget the 4 of each. I never recall nade spam being an issue in H2. In CE they were balanced by a long fuse.

So when can we expect to see who made it on the GAF team? Wednesday?

I think the main problem with Reach's grenades is the radius, it's like no matter how far away you get, you'll still hear that whirring sound, and then you have no shields and 2 blips of health, so annoying. They also don't bounce as fluidly as the past 2 games, like when you throw one on Swordbase off the walls it's like it just impacted a sponge or something, kind of just dies right there.

Tashi, GBG is an old clan from Halo 3 (maybe before that?), they had a humpday as SBG, I played with them for a while on 3, they had quite a few 50s at the time, I can't really say how good they are now. It is looking like this tourney won't be as cut and dry as I thought it would be though. It would also appear we have a spy among us from 2o2p, lol. :p

Hey You said:
Yep, Living Dead got an update in may. 12 players,Alpha Zombies gametype added and Safe havens removed.
Ahh, forgot about those Zombie updates. Guess I'm just displaying my biased opinion of that playlist.

No to the first, yes to the second.

Team Classic

Team Objective is getting a BTB-style overhaul in the June update, so I can see it being the target of a super jackpot after it rolls out.
I had already seen that Jeremiah post on Classic, I just wish it would get a Super Jackpot. There's always the remote chance it will cause a huge increase in population and, if enough players stick, the playlist could once again be deemed worthy of updates.

Still, it's good to know Team Objective will get some attention soon.
I wonder if it could use a Sword base variant that's better for CTF? :p I need to do more testing, but I think Glaive is certainly better than the current setup.

Trying to get work finished on Bone Patch. Would GAF be willing to give it a shot in customs tomorrow? I think it will actually play well for CTF now.

I couldn't find more information, so I'm just going to leave this here.

Jason Bretz, senior environment artist at Certain Affinity, had this on his LinkedIn game summary:
Xbox 360/PS3 titles
DC Universe Online
Unannounced, Open city, Action title

There's quite a few members who worked on "DC Universe" who are now at Certain Affinity, though Sony Online Entertainment and Certain Affinity are both in Austin.

But he seems to have updated his employment information to be current -- why not his game summary?

Crucio, is @nobleactual an official Bungie Twitter account? It looks like it was just tweeting from a couple different RSS feeds (with the occasional spam tweet thrown in.)

I don't think a Bungie employee posted 20,000 times as @nobleactual...

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Hitmonchan107 said:
I couldn't find more information, so I'm just going to leave this here.

Jason Bretz, senior environment artist at Certain Affinity, had this on his LinkedIn game summary:

There's quite a few members who worked on "DC Universe" who are now at Certain Affinity, though Sony Online Entertainment and Certain Affinity are both in Austin.

But he seems to have updated his employment information to be current -- why not his game summary?

The other MS/Sony/Nintendo developers thread talks about an MS filing for "Crimson Alliance" by Certain Affinity.

Crucio

ncsuDuncan said:
Crucio, is @nobleactual an official Bungie Twitter account? It looks like it was just tweeting from a couple different RSS feeds (with the occasional spam tweet thrown in.)

I don't think a Bungie employee posted 20,000 times as @nobleactual...
There was never that many tweets before. Maybe its been hacked, but I'm sure this account WAS used by Marcus and Joe.

Top Bottom