• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
squidhands said:
Originally Posted by Hey You said:
Super Jackpot weekend starts now and runs until Sunday Night! Play and complete games in LIVING DEAD for a chance to win a daily Super Jackpot of 13,000 Credits!

The following playlists are currently offering Double Jackpots all week long!
-The Arena
-Squad Slayer
-Defiant Map Pack
-Doubles Attack
Oh, hell yes.
I picked up 3000 slot machine last night in Doubles Attack first game of the evening. I suppose that's the double jackpot as I haven't seen anything higher as of yet. Or could it be even higher?

Edit: Holy shit @ LIVING DEAD 15,553 Players

and also @ TEAM CLASSIC 284 Players

GhaleonEB

A27 Tawpgun said:
They could at least start an ARG or release a REALLY teasey trailer.

SOMETHING TO KEEP US BUSY
Remember that the ODST teaser campaign started in similar fasion to the logo t-shirt spotting that we've just had. It has already begun.

Ken

Account Attempt #4 said:
I picked up 3000 slot machine last night in Doubles Attack first game of the evening. I suppose that's the double jackpot as I haven't seen anything higher as of yet. Or could it be even higher?

Edit: Holy shit @ LIVING DEAD 15,553 Players

and also @ TEAM CLASSIC 284 Players
I got a 6000 credit slot machine last night in Squad Slayer.

Hitmonchan107 said:
That has an MMO stench I can smell from here.
I'd say less MMO in the traditional sense and more multi-device game.

Now that I'm back at home with slightly better internets I look forward to playing a more regular amount of Reach, like back in September - January.

Ken said:
I got a 6000 credit slot machine last night in Squad Slayer.

8200 credits for me

spiderman-3.gif

GhaleonEB

A27_StarWolf said:
When you said you were tired...?
Huh?

They're not going to jump straight into a trailer or an ARG. There will be other drips along the way. That's how Bungie works. Those drips have started. They will lead to bigger things. Like the stuff you are looking forward to.

Striker

If they're making Objective primarily CTF, Assault (non-gimped), Oddball, and KotH only, I'll be pleasantly surprised, and certainly satisfied. Hemorrhage could stay if they just made it DMR or Needler Rifle starts, but I s'pose that's too large of a hassle.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Account Attempt #4 said:
Nomz, indeed I feel nourished. Entertaining and informative. Thanks again, Dani! I also feed on typos, lol. There's a couple. Totally not a big deal though. Not even worth mentioning really. ahem... :p

Sorry, for some reason an earlier version's draft text is playing up. I'm kicking the gnomes in the back room shed as I speak.

Anyways, Dani, I'm glad you did this for the two weeks there's no BWU. If Bungie stops doing them, I'd love to see this go on indefinitely until 343 comes up with something similar.

I'd be interested in such an endeavor as well! :p

I'd like to see Cyberdyne get integrated into MM. It'd be good in Classic.

Whys Classic so low? Is it cause I regularly shit on kids all day in there? Did I scare most players out of it?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
xxjuicesxx said:

Whys Classic so low? Is it cause I regularly shit on kids all day in there? Did I scare most players out of it?
Grenade damage.

Tawpgun

I'm sorry but its very hard for me to believe that Bungie doesn't implement these things like removing drop shield/putting soft kills in places because it takes a while to test? Is it really hard and complicated to make it happen behind the scenes?

xxjuicesxx said:

Agreed, a great remake of the map. I would also really like to see a Sanctuary in Classic. MacxL's perhaps.

Good games indeed. I was surprising myself a lot tonight. Not chasing kills has worked wonders for me. With my bro able to back me up I could safely run away when needed.

Squad Slayer is a very solid playlist.

Crucio

I'm sure about this stuff coming from nobleactual. But we know its not Bungie. ReadyUpLive said it was not Microsoft either, though I don't know where they got that confirmation from. I think it just some sophisticated BS.

Tawpgun

Alienshogun said:
The rumor is that MLG is abandoning Reach and preparing for GOW3. Any truth to that?

The thought of MLG abandoning a Halo game is outrageous, even for Reach which sucks on competetive play compared to the other games.

But Gears 3 should be on the circuit from what I've played in the Beta.

Striker

xxjuicesxx said:

Highly doubtful, because:

- Jeremiah has mentioned not to adding anything further to Classic
- Also has mentioned not adding any maps in Halo 3 because you can still play those maps on Xbox Live
- Maps like Turf, Prisoner, Sanctuary, and Ascension still aren't even included

Alienshogun said:
The rumor is that MLG is abandoning Reach and preparing for GOW3. Any truth to that?

I seriously doubt it. Its possible that GOW3 will be on the circuit (GOW2 got pulled after a season or two), but they would never take off a Halo game. It is there bread and butter. It made MLG relevant and continues to be the circuits strongest game.

Hypertrooper said:
Good games BarrowRoll, Hydranockz, Zeouterlimits and Neoism.

Found this on ReadyUpLive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rWcaG4gmm34

Has the Halo 4 ARG campaign begun?
I'm thinking that all of this is still a fake.

Edit.: Link was posted over the Noble Actual Twitter account...

There's another vid here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVL0xrV5oGY

Edit: yeah, checked out the twitter account, doesn't look like a MS run thing. Fake!

Kibbles

Alienshogun said:
They should put Halo 3 back in. Halo 2 was the best MLG, most fun to watch. Halo 3 MLG just started getting the good stuff like Heretic and was fun to watch again, but Reach... not fun to watch. Maybe it's just because back then there were actual teams and icons to root for, now it's just a clusterfuck of people switching teams every event.

GoW will def be added but replacing Halo as their flagship? Absolutely not. Reach has only really had one competitive event so far really, its very fresh in terms of competitive events...

vhfive

xxjuicesxx said:
GoW will def be added but replacing Halo as their flagship? Absolutely not. Reach has only really had one competitive event so far really, its very fresh in terms of competitive events...
yup basically. They'll probably take out CoD

Top Bottom