• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Got a thumbs up from me too. Dude's got talent.

Me and Zalinkrow will be hitting up some Squad Slayer later if anyone wants to join us.

kylej

Banned
any of you kids planning on running a train in the next few hours?

when does the current Arena season end? kinda want to play that for a few days with y'all and see where we rank.

kylej said:
any of you kids planning on running a train in the next few hours?

when does the current Arena season end? kinda want to play that for a few days with y'all and see where we rank.

I'd be down Jel Y K. In bout two hours. 6-7 EST?

Kujo

Just thumb'd you Hitmonchan...that doesn't sound right

Ran into an Inheritor and a massive Banshee whore.

Play Time: 71 days

Top Weapon: Banshee Bomb - Kills: 45,733

:/

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Mojo said:

Ran into this guy. An Inheritor and a massive Banshee whore.

How do you see playtime?
Deputy Moonman said:
That lunge was pro... and complete horse crap, lol. Though, I'm sure it can only be done by pressing up up down down left right left right a b select start.
The game was laggy as all hell but I figured you know being up in the air before he even really got near he shouldn't be able to get me, alas he did. :/

Ken

Mojo said:

0.86 K/D ratio with the DMR and a top weapons list full of vehicles says a lot.

Summary under Career Stats lists playtime by playlists. He shows 71 days played under Competitive.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hey as someone who hasn't played Halo in about a month till this afternoon nor kept up with coverage....

Did we get the big new playlist update yet or is that still forthcoming?

Hey You

Brettison said:
Hey as someone who hasn't played Halo in about a month till this afternoon nor kept up with coverage....

We had a pretty sizable one last month and June sounds pretty big as well.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Booshka said:
Gave you a Thumbs Up hitmonchan, hope you get the gig. You're an entertaining writer.

Edit: @ AlienShogun, this weekend there is a LAN going on among 5 top Halo Reach teams, there are a couple POV streams on Justin.tv that can give you a better sense of competitive Reach. Their main site is thelannetwork.com, I think they are going with a free stream now, so if you setup an account you can watch there. They will be playing today and tomorrow for hours upon hours. So give it a look and re-assess your opinion. Watching the Suddoths play Reach on XBL doesn't give you a very good look at competitive Reach.

I also think Starcraft 2 will take the mantle as the Flagship for MLG, SC2 has global appeal and is a better crafted competitive game. If MLG can do it right, it will flourish in their league.

Yeah, I understand SC2 will reign, I wish MLG did more to make the sport more main stream. I mean a lot of people watch gamers on J.TV and some broadcasters make a lot of money off of it, there's no reason MLG should be comfortable where it's at.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check that out.

GhaleonEB

Brettison said:

Here's the last change list, which was quite hefty. The next will be at least as large, due in about two weeks. You can click through to the last set of changes from the bottom of this list.

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=59904504

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Mojo said:
Main page when you put your mouse over parts of the color wheel that shows how much of each different mode you've played.
Thanks.

I should quit this game, 11 days in competitive alone. gawd

neoism

Plywood said:
Thanks.

I should quit this game, 11 days in competitive alone. gawd
AT least you got you monies worth. :p
Mojo said:

lol He's a real vehicle whore damn... not to good though.

Willeth said:
I just posted an article with some information from a source on Destiny.
I knew it! I freaking knew it!

I've always wanted an epic MAG-like game where factions fight for control over a percentage of the game's real estate.

Perhaps factions fight for control over galaxies, planets and the spaces in-between.

Epic space battles to fight over trading routes between planets. Believe.

Also, a commenter on my 1UP blog (the only one) said this:

This blog is certainly worthy of the 50 fucking thumbs it got. Yep you sir most definetly didn't cheat to get those, no sir this blog is legitemately 50 thumbs worth of awesome.

David Ellis, help me out! :^)

Also, that commenter wrote a blog explaining that I cheated.

I didn't even give myself a thumbs up. :^(

MrBig

I'm quite sure that the reason they're so against any mention of MMO is because it's not anything in the sense of WoW or EVE, but their own original gameplay that connects people together in a universal world-hub type universe.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
GhaleonEB said:
Here's the last change list, which was quite hefty. The next will be at least as large, due in about two weeks. You can click through to the last set of changes from the bottom of this list.

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=59904504

Mad props for the link thanks! I thought we had gotten something because I got what appeared to be a community map in TS that I had never seen before earlier.

You know it's funny I hadn't been on since I sent Alien that pm about playing, and he was like no thanks... make that hell no as long as armor lock exists.

It was like that message in grained in me because while I never thought lock was OP before today was like well yeah it's kind well yeah cheap. LOL

vhfive

Gave a thumbs up because I too hate people like "Ace Detective Kaylyn."

Also I'll be on in a bit I'm making/eating dinner as well.

MrBig

It looks like Reach finally bumped me up from a dangerously low upload rating to a measly "Average." Why does it not recognize my 3 mb/s up FiOS connection, and does this affect my connection searches?

feel

Hitmonchan107 said:
Edit:

Off-topic: So, last night I caved in and made a blog for 1UP's E3 blogger contest.

I wrote it last night, so it's not the most creative thing in the world, but I'd love it if you went and gave it a thumbs up. You don't have to have an account to do that.
kf1mcx.jpg

Tawpgun

Hitmonchan107 said:

I've always wanted an epic MAG-like game where factions fight for control over a percentage of the game's real estate.

Perhaps factions fight for control over galaxies, planets and the spaces in-between.

Epic space battles to fight over trading routes between planets. Believe.

Also, a commenter on my 1UP blog (the only one) said this:

David Ellis, help me out! :^)

Also, that commenter wrote a blog explaining that I cheated.

I didn't even give myself a thumbs up. :^(

A Sci Fi FPS.

With the Chromehounds Real Time War mode. Something I've been desperatley waiting for a game to do again.

Made by Bungie.

Now you've made me dream, jerk. I'm coming for you when I get my hopes crushed.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Thank you guys so much.

Haters gunna hate.

And thanks, David. You're such an awesome guy.
The girl, who said you would cheat, has an awful profil site. I'm getting eye cancer. tbh her blog is only read by people, because she is a woman.
is that sentences right?

I don't know why you don't derserve to win. Your blog entry is funny. You are even making fun of yourself. The girl takes it too seriously.

Booshka

Hypertrooper said:
The girl, who said you would cheat, has an awful profil site. I'm getting eye cancer. tbh her blog is only read, because she is a woman.

I don't know why you don't derserve to win. Your blog entry is funny. You are even making fun of yourself. The girl takes it too seriously.
Seriously, it's the kind of profile page I expect Shawn Elliot to link on his twitter.

Oozer3993

Hitmonchan107 said:

Epic space battles to fight over trading routes between planets. Believe

I love the hell out of MAG. If Destiny is Halo crossed with MAG, with the battles more directly impacting the stature of the factions, I may never play another game again.

P.S. You have my thumb.

MrBig said:
It looks like Reach finally bumped me up from a dangerously low upload rating to a measly "Average." Why does it not recognize my 3 mb/s up FiOS connection, and does this affect my connection searches?
I'm in the same boat, FiOS 25mbps up/down and it just turned from "AVERAGE" back to "WARNING". What's ironic is that it used to read "GOOD" back when I was bypassing the Actiontec router altogether. Maybe it's time to set that up again with a new router.

Hypertrooper said:
The girl, who said you would cheat, has an awful profil site. I'm getting eye cancer. tbh her blog is only read by people, because she is a woman.
is that sentences right?

Look at her interests.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
MrBig said:

I'm pretty sure Reach handles the Network Status as an "overall" view. A few more days or weeks worth of games will give it enough data to update.

Domino Theory said:
I'm pretty sure Reach handles the Network Status as an "overall" view. A few more days or weeks worth of games will give it enough data to update.
I don't think so. I used to be at 20/5 reading good...I've been at 25/25 warning/average for a few months now. I think it's that damn Verizon router.

Top Bottom