• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Trasher

Tashi0106 said:
Exactly. I was clenching my fists in anger.

That kid couldn't have been older than 16. He looked as though he had gone through puberty just the night before :lol
We should get that guy on our tournament team. He can lead the super team man.

When you gonna get done figuring out those teams by the way?

Jex

GhaleonEB said:
Just played three games of Living Dead. Second game, 3k jackpot. 3rd game, I get a Hell's Janitor and the 14k jackpot. (Actually something weird like 13,764 or something.)

In 13 minutes I got more credits due to blind luck in Living Dead than during the brutally hard 96 minute LASO run an hour earlier. I'm not sure how to feel about that, really. :lol
Yeah it doesnt make much sense to me either. To do LASO you have to tempt me with like, 100,000 credits or something.

neoism

Hypertrooper said:
LOL. I'm playing through PoA for the challenges, too! If you reach Bronze in the commendation(or was it silver), you'll get no commendation-bonus anymore.

wow that's stupid... WTF bungle. :/

Tawpgun

Commendations in general are dumb. You don't get them nearly frequent enough and even if you do they only add like 1-2k to your winnings. Thats nothing for the amount of work it takes to get to the higher commendations.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ken said:
If there's one thing I got out of this ordeal it's that 1up has a terrible community where profile pages take about an hour to scroll through before reaching actual words and even then the words are just sycophantic drivel and baseless accusations whenever something they can't comprehend arises.

Good luck with the contest and I really hope your blog didn't get pulled from the contest, Hitmonchan.
I had written out a piece responding to some of them basically saying "may the best blogger win". Then I realized who I was talking to and just deleted everything I wrote.
Ramirez said:
th_Weeaboo.jpg
That's a paddlin'.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Trasher said:
We should get that guy on our tournament team. He can lead the super team man.

When you gonna get done figuring out those teams by the way?

With in a couple more days. I'll post in the thread when I get on this afternoon.

Tunavi

Banned
So...what happened with Hitmonchan and his blog contest on 1up?
Edit: Nevermind
I just did this blog for the lulz, and he seems to be bring 'em. So I haven't wasted my time.
You only care to visit 1up when there's a contest going on? That's priceless!
I hate people on the internet

NOKYARD

Tashi0106 said:
With in a couple more days. I'll post in the thread when I get on this afternoon.
You get to pick from the best of GAF and i can't even get my team (High Speed Halo) together for a scrim.

I get the feeling the tournament is going to be a firing squad with me wearing a blindfold and a cigarette hanging from the side of my mouth.

Kibbles

Mojo said:
lollll, I got betrayed for my sniper from someone on my team who already had one, he just wanted my ammo. I get the option to boot him, and I do. He didn't seem happy about that:

2poyvt0.jpg

SFW version
XBL at it's finest :D

NOKYARD said:
You get to pick from the best of GAF and i can't even get my team (High Speed Halo) together for a scrim.

I get the feeling the tournament is going to be a firing squad with me wearing a blindfold and a cigarette hanging from the side of my mouth.
Eh, HBO might have a shot if they field the right people. Speaking of which, I'll be rooting for my HBO-brethren, sorry guys. :lol

GhaleonEB

Meta-game for today's Challenges:

Complete them all in one game. Looks like my last solo Tip of the Spear run I killed 85 Grunts. With Thunderstorm left off, there will be over 75 total Infantry class enemies. Looks like two to three primary skulls need to be enabled, as I scored just under 11,000 without any on Heroic. (Don't do Thunderstorm or there won't be enough Infantry.)

I'll romp Tip of the Spear on Heroic, with Tough Luck and Catch on.

Blue Ninja said:
Eh, HBO might have a shot if they field the right people. Speaking of which, I'll be rooting for my HBO-brethren, sorry guys. :lol

HBO is a great community, and I love it but it doesn't exactly scream competitive. If Schooly D is having his own team for the tournament I get the feeling he will poach some of HBO's more competitive players for himself. :p If not though then fair play.

bobs99 ... said:
HBO is a great community, and I love it but it doesn't exactly scream competitive. If Schooly D is having his own team for the tournament I get the feeling he will poach some of HBO's more competitive players for himself. :p If not though then fair play.
Yeah, if TSD gets their own team, HBO's only shot will be psychological warfare. Our chants of "KORNEHMUNKEEEEEEEEH!" strike fear in even the bravest hearts.

Tashi0106 said:
When I was in Gamestop the other day I was in line next to a tall skinny Justin Bieber. He was with his mom buying Mortal Kombat. I was waiting for another employee to get my Arcade stick so I couldn't help but over hear. The gamestop employee is informing his mother that Mortal Kombat is Rated M for blood, gore etc. His mom says, "Oh I know, he plays much worse games" The kid replies, "Mom, I'm a professional gamer!" I never had to fight back a laugh more than I did right then. As soon as they left, I laughed all the way back to my car. :lol :lol I was in shock.

There is now way I would have made it through that without bursting into laughter.

Ramirez

Blue Ninja said:

I hear Fyrewulf is going to poop on Tashi's head, while he streams it from JTV.

The Real Napsta said:
WTH is this?

51tNfrK5lAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Yeah. Like BlueNinja said. It isn't really good :/

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...site-features-ridiculous-countdown-timer.aspx
Two days ago we brought you news about a shell company Bungie set up to trademark the term "Destiny," the rumored name of the sci-fi MMO the company is reportedly working on. Today that company has a new website, with the most absurd countdown timer we've seen yet.

Bungie's dummy company is called Podophobia Entertainment, and its newly-published website is a stark white page with a countdown timer -- a timer that is currently counting down to 117 days from now. The only other thing that appears on the website is a message that alternates between "Please Wait..." and "Incoming Transmission..."

What does it all mean? Your guess is as good as ours, but we'll be sure to update you 117 days from now.

Thanks to Luke for the news tip!
http://www.podophobiaentertainment.com/

Is it really Bungie-related? I never heard about it.

ElRenoRaven

Hypertrooper said:
Yeah. Like BlueNinja said. It isn't really good :/

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...site-features-ridiculous-countdown-timer.aspx

http://www.podophobiaentertainment.com/

Is it really Bungie-related? I never heard about it.

I don't think it is. It has none of the regular Bungie trademarks when it comes to a site they registered.

It seems to lead back when you follow the trail to this site.

http://www.gsygaming.com/home/index.php

The reason I say this is while the register doesn't have a name they do have a contact email which is for the site I listed.

GhaleonEB

So about those ledges on Sword Base.

Dani said:
Never want to play Zombies again. What a mess.
13,059 Players in there right now.

Thing is, I think Reach is a much better game for these kinds of game types than something more competitive.

Every single game of Infection plays the same, though.

Hey You

LosDaddie said:
What's a good campaign mission to get those challenges done today?
I ran through WC (One and bit times) for the first 2 and last challenge then LNoS, Rally Point Alpha .

Skulls:
Black Eye
Tough Luck
catch
Cloud
Thunderstorm
Famine.

Got it really fast.

kylej

Banned
Dear nubs, scrubs, pubs, and BKs please get online I am looking to play 4 more games of Arena then poop on kids in any playlist of your choosing thank you for reading god bless

edit. playing cod for an hour until we get a 4th. i'll be back on halo around 8pm

Ken

kylej said:
Dear nubs, scrubs, pubs, and BKs please get online I am looking to play 4 more games of Arena then poop on kids in any playlist of your choosing thank you for reading god bless

I'll join up again if you can get a party going.

GT: Chocopolka

one more for arena.

So I goto Arena Season 7 in my game history and it definitely shows 5 days of play. When I go to my service record it says 4...How have I lost a day of ranking? Kinda bullshit.

The games were good, Hydranockz and Zalin. Except the one game, where we just were alone against 5. It's not like that these guys were better than us, they just were everywhere. You fought against someone and another one came from behind. And damn that CR.

xxjuicesxx said:
one more for arena.

So I goto Arena Season 7 in my game history and it definitely shows 5 days of play. When I go to my service record it says 4...How have I lost a day of ranking? Kinda bullshit.

Is this the last month of the Arena season or does it go through June?

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
How Ivan, Dani and I did this week's challenge...

reach_17971613_Medium.jpg

reach_17971624_Medium.jpg

reach_17971616_Medium.jpg

Trasher

GhaleonEB said:
So about those ledges on Sword Base.

13,059 Players in there right now.

Thing is, I think Reach is a much better game for these kinds of game types than something more competitive.

Every single game of Infection plays the same, though.
Perfectly.

Steelyuhas said:
Is this the last month of the Arena season or does it go through June?

No idea information on Arena is super hard to find looked all over B.net yesterday for how many days you need to qualify in Season 7 and couldn't find it. I believe its 5 days, and I think theres like a week left so I'm guessing it ends 5/31?

Also my mom just bought me Mortal Kombat yesterday at Gamestop so if anyone wants to play shoot me an invite.

Tunavi

Banned
Infection needs custom forge maps. Launch maps weren't designed for infection, its only fun on maps designed for survivor and zombie gameplay

Cocopjojo said:
How Ivan, Dani and I did this week's challenge...

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e354/Cocopjojo/reach_17971613_Medium.jpg[/IM]
[IMG]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e354/Cocopjojo/reach_17971624_Medium.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e354/Cocopjojo/reach_17971616_Medium.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]
How?

Crucio

Dax01 said:
Plasma Pistol the gunner, headshot him, then remove the cockpit door by hitting it twice, then sit on the tank and kill the driver.
Impressive work, getting three tanks up there, cool!

GhaleonEB said:
Meta-game for today's Challenges:

Complete them all in one game. Looks like my last solo Tip of the Spear run I killed 85 Grunts. With Thunderstorm left off, there will be over 75 total Infantry class enemies. Looks like two to three primary skulls need to be enabled, as I scored just under 11,000 without any on Heroic. (Don't do Thunderstorm or there won't be enough Infantry.)

I'll romp Tip of the Spear on Heroic, with Tough Luck and Catch on.
Worked for me, Tip of the Spear on Heroic, with Tough Luck, Catch, Tilt and Mythic. Probably a little overkill on the skulls but, adds a bit of fun/annoy factor. Died like 10 times, did some save and quit thinking I could go for Flawless Cowboy but it removes all points. Heh. Anyway ended up finishing the level with 4 challenges and one Onyx!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Dax01 said:

We slipped an Elite Wraith gunner a backhander and slipped off with the keys for the first one. Some more bribery got us the second and we just plain ole stole the third. Banshee were sitting there too so we jacked them for a bonus.

Ken

Dani said:
We slipped an Elite Wraith gunner a backhander and slipped off with the keys for the first one. Some more bribery got us the second and we just plain ole stole the third. Banshee were sitting there too so we jacked them for a bonus.
9a36771c.png

Tunavi

Banned
I just realized how strange it is that armor abilities pick-ups aren't in any non-MLG playlist. Halo has always been about picking up weapons/powerups to gain an edge over the other team. Loadouts don't work for Slayer. It's not how Halo works. I really want to see this variant of slayer in matchmaking:
DMR starts, no load-outs or armor abilities on spawn. Armor abilities placed on the maps like power weapons (I don't know how many, which ones and where yet, suggestions?).

Right now as it is, AA's are obviously spammed all the time. People take them for granted because you simply spawn again with a loadout and armor ability again.

That's not how power weapons work. If you pick up rockets, you are a target, a threat, and a powerhouse. It wouldn't be that special if you died and got rockets again. This is how AA's should work too.

Armor abilities are annoying now because they are spammed like crazy. If they were put on maps as something to fight over, support map movement, or to counter power weapons, I'd be really okay with that.

Thoughts? I'd like to see this in matchmaking, but I'd be happy just playing this in customs (do we even have those anymore? lol)

Top Bottom