• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

MrBig

HiredN00bs said:
I don't think so. I used to be at 20/5 reading good...I've been at 25/25 warning/average for a few months now. I think it's that damn Verizon router.
Same for me. I used to be on 15/5 but then when i switch to 25/25 (which is actually 30/30) i bumped me down to "WARNING"

We've got 8 running in BTB if more people wan to come for customs

The Real Napsta said:
Look at her interests.
Sorry, I can't see it, because my eyes will bleed. But I guess she doesn't like "german Halo-nerds." :/

Sadly I've been always "warning" at the network settings. But I can't get a better connection here as DSL1000. :/

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hitmonchan107 said:
Thank you guys so much.

Haters gunna hate.

And thanks, David. You're such an awesome guy.
I don't even think that's really a woman. Really all the pink and the cartoon boobs for a Firefox skin? And her fav. sites are Fakku and Sankaku Complex? Seriously?

Yeah bull fucking shit.

Okay. After doing that, I don't think I'll be able to stand The Pillar of Autumn on LASO. That was trying my patience. I like the huge final encounter on The Package, but it doesn't translate well on LASO. Glad we did it, though!

Also, my apologies for the intrusion. Ghal and co., hope this time the game doesn't steal your credits. I can't imagine doing The Package: LASO solo.

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
Okay. After doing that, I don't think I'll be able to stand The Pillar of Autumn on LASO. That was trying my patience. I like the huge final encounter on The Package, but it doesn't translate well on LASO. Glad we did it, though!

Also, my apologies for the intrusion. Ghal and co., hope this time the game doesn't steal your credits. I can't imagine doing The Package: LASO solo.
Yeah that last battle was....long.

My one moment of glory, between all those deaths, was trying to take down a turret on a Phantom that had me pinned when I was in a Wraith. I was pounding the nose of the Phantom over and over, lots of direct hits on the turret when...the entire Phantom blows up. I had no idea they'd let you kill them in that section. So the turret is invincible, but you can destroy the entire ship.

And I was just tired and semi-grouchy tonight and wasn't in the mood for a stranger coming in and talking shit, and IIRC he freaked out when I booted him last time, so I just went quiet. I'll just lock the party next time, I find it really distracting on LASO runs trying to coordinate with people outside the party talking over it. No biggie, it's more me than anything.

kylej

Banned
Making Arena all about win/loss instead of individual performance is a really good change. More fun to play aggressively and try to help everyone out than constantly worry about my ratio or assists or whatever.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Booshka said:
Gave you a Thumbs Up hitmonchan, hope you get the gig. You're an entertaining writer.

Edit: @ AlienShogun, this weekend there is a LAN going on among 5 top Halo Reach teams, there are a couple POV streams on Justin.tv that can give you a better sense of competitive Reach. Their main site is thelannetwork.com, I think they are going with a free stream now, so if you setup an account you can watch there. They will be playing today and tomorrow for hours upon hours. So give it a look and re-assess your opinion. Watching the Suddoths play Reach on XBL doesn't give you a very good look at competitive Reach.

I also think Starcraft 2 will take the mantle as the Flagship for MLG, SC2 has global appeal and is a better crafted competitive game. If MLG can do it right, it will flourish in their league.

I watched one stream of TLN, it was T2 shirtless playing a bunch of guys who paid money to sit in a basement and get screamed at by FiS.

Had about enough of that in about 30 seconds.

Ramirez

LAUGHTREY said:
I watched one stream of TLN, it was T2 shirtless playing a bunch of guys who paid money to sit in a basement and get screamed at by FiS.

lol!

"Professionals".

GhaleonEB

Just played three games of Living Dead. Second game, 3k jackpot. 3rd game, I get a Hell's Janitor and the 14k jackpot. (Actually something weird like 13,764 or something.)

In 13 minutes I got more credits due to blind luck in Living Dead than during the brutally hard 96 minute LASO run an hour earlier. I'm not sure how to feel about that, really. :lol

GhaleonEB said:
Just played three games of Living Dead. Second game, 3k jackpot. 3rd game, I get a Hell's Janitor and the 14k jackpot. (Actually something weird like 13,764 or something.)

In 13 minutes I got more credits due to blind luck in Living Dead than during the brutally hard 96 minute LASO run an hour earlier. I'm not sure how to feel about that, really. :lol

Haha I got the jackpot earlier, good stuff. Send me an invite if you want a firefighting partner.

We didn't start the fire.

LAUGHTREY said:

Haha, yeah there's some real class acts in this league. They shouldn't let most of these guys speak on camera, let alone be seen at all.

Also, Hitmonchan I thumbed your blog at 51 likes. Before you got busted for cheating ;)

Account Attempt #4 said:
Also, Hitmonchan I thumbed your blog at 51 likes. Before you got busted for cheating ;)
I was having a fantastic day before all of that shit.

I meant that blog to be faux braggart, but now everyone just thinks I'm a self-righteous ass.

That's what I get for watching Parks and Rec all week. I start acting like Tom Haverford. lol

Hitmonchan107 said:

I meant that blog to be faux braggart, but now everyone just thinks I'm a self-righteous ass.

That's what I get for watching Parks and Rec all week. I start acting like Tom Haverford. lol

Best statement ever?

Hitmonchan107 said:

Judgers gunna judge

(I'm aware that is not a word lol)

Booshka

Good games Tunavi and others, I love destroying players that spam nades instead of shoot. I guess the Daily Challenge didn't help, but I hardly ever got killed by a gun tonight. It was either an explosion or a melee.

Just wanted to thank you guys for putting up with Glaive earlier (my Sword Base map). I went back and tweaked the spawns, they should work better now. - Although to be fair we were playing with 13 people on a map made for 2-8 players. I swear it was 5v5 when I started that game. :p

Also thanks for giving Bone Patch a try. I screwed up and forgot to make it 1-flag, not to mention that Bungie gametype had a painfully long 30-second return time. I still got some good insight out of that game though, I rearranged a few things and made a small adjustment to the flag location.

I think Bone Patch could actually be a decent 1-flag map, although it's a little shaky when new players (understandably) don't know all of the changes.

Good games tonight guys. Still can't get over that 100-6 Hemorrhage game that destroyed the Matchmaking servers.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hitmonchan107 said:

Love the backpedaling from the accuser, "it was just trolling srs".

Hitmonchan107 said:

For what it's worth, I enjoyed the writing style. It reminded me of my own. :lol

Crucio

Yeah I couldn't imagine doing the Package's last encounter without vehicles. We did it with two banshees in co-op. Took us 1 hour to do the entire mission.

Pillar is going to be a really really big pain. There's no escape. I mean you CAN bring ghosts into the Brute section but to do that you have to kill the hunters. I think I'll skip the Hunter encounter and jump through the window. :p

Kujo

lollll, I got betrayed for my sniper from someone on my team who already had one, he just wanted my ammo. I get the option to boot him, and I do. He didn't seem happy about that

MrBig

Hitmonchan107 said:

Looks like they removed your blog. That one guy getting mad fucked it up for you, and seeing what the past winners said it could have been a really big thing that helps your career and not just sends you to E3.

e: ya i can still get to it but its not listed in top blogs

also, what did I just read?

LOL

How many times to have to say it. I did this to troll. The fact that everyone's complaining about my "complaining" even after I said that is priceless. XD

I still love you. This won't affect our wedding date at all. In fact, because of this I'm moving it UP! Kiss MUAH!

It hurts to tell you, but I found someone else, and she's much better in bed then you. I'm sorry but I have to call off the wedding. Cry *runs away*

MrBig said:
Looks like they removed your blog. That one guy getting mad fucked it up for you, and seeing what the past winners said it could have been a really big thing that helps your career and not just sends you to E3.
Nah, they haven't. I still have access to the blog.

MrBig said:

e: ya i can still get to it but its not listed in top blogs

also, what did I just read?
I hope that's not true, but the competition ended at 23:59ET. And he posted the blog at 22:41PSt. That's 1:41ET, if my math is correct.

neoism

So guy got a question. I decided to do the last mission for the dailies, and I put it on heroic, but I'm still not getting credits for some of my commendations. I just get +2 for head-shots, nothing for everything else. What gives.

neoism said:
So guy got a question. I decided to do the last mission for the dailies, and I put it on heroic, but I'm still not getting credits for some of my commendations. I just get +2 for head-shots, nothing for everything else. What gives.
LOL. I'm playing through PoA for the challenges, too! If you reach Bronze in the commendation(or was it silver), you'll get no commendation-bonus anymore.

GhaleonEB

Mojo said:
lollll, I got betrayed for my sniper from someone on my team who already had one, he just wanted my ammo. I get the option to boot him, and I do. He didn't seem happy about that:

http://oi55.tinypic.com/2poyvt0.jpg
SFW version
A subset of Firefight players - scum and villainy - are going to be similarly pleased with the next update. Oh how I'm looking forward to pressing X in FF.

Love the puppy censoring, :lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:
lol!

"Professionals".

When I was in Gamestop the other day I was in line next to a tall skinny Justin Bieber. He was with his mom buying Mortal Kombat. I was waiting for another employee to get my Arcade stick so I couldn't help but over hear. The gamestop employee is informing his mother that Mortal Kombat is Rated M for blood, gore etc. His mom says, "Oh I know, he plays much worse games" The kid replies, "Mom, I'm a professional gamer!" I never had to fight back a laugh more than I did right then. As soon as they left, I laughed all the way back to my car. :lol :lol I was in shock.

Trasher

Tashi0106 said:
When I was in Gamestop the other day I was in line next to a tall skinny Justin Bieber. He was with his mom buying Mortal Kombat. I was waiting for another employee to get my Arcade stick so I couldn't help but over hear. The gamestop employee is informing his mother that Mortal Kombat is Rated M for blood, gore etc. His mom says, "Oh I know, he plays much worse games" The kid replies, "Mom, I'm a professional gamer!" I never had to fight back a laugh more than I did right then. As soon as they left, I laughed all the way back to my car. :lol :lol I was in shock.
u just jealous cause hes a pro and you arent

Tashi0106 said:

Wow, how old did he look lol?

Ken said:
If there's one thing I got out of this ordeal it's that 1up has a terrible community where profile pages take about an hour to scroll through before reaching actual words and even then the words are just sycophantic drivel and baseless accusations whenever something they can't comprehend arises.

Good luck with the contest and I really hope your blog didn't get pulled from the contest, Hitmonchan.

I agree with this. I tried looking for other blog posts by that same person who tried to say Hitmonchan was cheating, after scrolling halfway through a buggy page full of anime pictures I gave up. It was worse than trying to browse myspace lol.

I hope not all the users are like her lol.

Ramirez

Tashi0106 said:

lmao

At least the kid has big dreams, who doesn't aspire to be the next Suddoth twins?

Ken

Plywood said:
Fucking weaboos.
If there's one thing I got out of this ordeal it's that 1up has a terrible community where profile pages take about an hour to scroll through before reaching actual words and even then the words are just sycophantic drivel and baseless accusations for whenever something they can't comprehend arises.

Good luck with the contest and I really hope your blog didn't get pulled from the contest, Hitmonchan.

Ramirez

Plywood said:
Fucking weaboos.

th_Weeaboo.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Trasher said:
u just jealous cause hes a pro and you arent

Exactly. I was clenching my fists in anger.

That kid couldn't have been older than 16. He looked as though he had gone through puberty just the night before :lol

Top Bottom