• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Havok

Alienshogun said:
The fuck? They modded a G36?

Now I'm mindfucking myself. I can't tell if they modeled that off of the now dead XM8 prototype or if they modded a G36.
Cheater.

I really can't tell if that IS an XM8 model, wouldn't make sense if this is new since that prototype was scrapped (assuming that's functional).
Airsoft rifle, maybe. If they're going to be doing a bunch of CG, might as well add muzzle flash to the list.
Kibbles said:
I didn't grab the sword before going on the Sabre, now I'm fucked at the jetpack elites upon landing on the Corvette =(
Try to get them to focus on the Marine that should be standing right next to where they jump up (by standing out of sight nearby), and go for the assassination.

Kibbles

I didn't grab the sword before going on the Sabre, now I'm fucked at the jetpack elites upon landing on the Corvette =(

Eh, spoke to soon, got past it, I think. Still got to kill all the ones below :S And I died... rinse and repeat.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Havok said:
Airsoft rifle, maybe. If they're going to be doing a bunch of CG, might as well add muzzle flash to the list.

Try to get them to focus on the Marine that should be standing right next to where they jump up (by standing out of sight nearby), and go for the assassination.

Ah, yeah, didn't think of that. Figured they would just use movie blanks.

Trasher said:
Nah. I never use the jetpack actually. I just really enjoy having my armor abilities on the bumper though (aka keeping my thumbs on the sticks as often as I can).

Gotcha, makes sense, cheater.

;)

O D I N

Trasher said:
Haha. Bumper Jumper is once again a reality for me with the remapping buttons on it. :)

As a fellow Bumper Jumper, please let me know how that goes for you. I had a huge interest in this when it was announced last year.

Alienshogun said:
Fan of jetpack are you?

I'm still bumper jumper all the time. I just only use all the other ones except JP.

I'm not a big fan of jetpack, but I use BJ. So JP is kinda useless to me. I prefer sprint anyway.

Faith_14.jpg

wat

Crucio

Trasher said:
What's with their giant feet? Looks off.
I don't think we should be expecting too much from this movie. I'm sure it'll be epic and all, but visually there's only so much an indy can do.

ChrisD84

I finally bought both of the map packs today, Highlands seemed nice the couple of times that it came up so far, as did Condemned (people seem to vote for this a lot!).

I hadn't planned on buying them before now to be honest, but i've really gotten back into Reach over the last few weeks and i'm enjoying it far more now than i have at any point previously. So far i am definately pleased with the maps that i have played.

Hopefully i can get a game of FF on Unearthed at some point as i've really started to enjoy Firefight recently too, it makes for a great alternative to the standard multiplayer gametypes.

MrBig

Really shows the care that OC is putting into it with their puppets approach vs. chopping all that up to CG.

Kibbles

Crucio said:
What part of the level are you?
Top of the Corvette, I take down one elite, swap his Plasma Repeater with my shotgun (I said AR before, I actually have a shotgun, woops) and am trying to take out the rest of the elites below, but have been failing.

Alienshogun said:
The fuck? They modded a G36?

Now I'm mindfucking myself. I can't tell if they modeled that off of the now dead XM8 prototype or if they modded a G36.
It looks like a G36 to me... kind of disappointing but yet cool at the same time.

MrBig

wwm0nkey said:
That and OC has been filming for what a year or 2?
I actually haven't seen any of their shots, I was referring to the props and costuming.

e: any halogaffers play bad company 2 on PC?

bobs99 ... said:
Anyone doing the weekly needs to play this during the action heavy sequences:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpl5G1J1FE0

Sorry I meant this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHouKE70h0E&feature=BF&list=PL0F0E23132AC12B87&index=16

That still pumps me up to this day, even when im not playing halo lol. Cmon Tashi, montage music right there.

1-Proceed through level till you get the checkpoint in the invisibility room
2-Take invisibility and jump down into next section
3-Music plays
4-Kill every living thing you see
5-music ends
6-Pause>Revert Last Checkpoint
7-Repeat step 2

ODST has probably got my favourite selection of songs though, it was so good!

Im gonna miss you Marty. :(
ODST is one of my favorite soundtracks as well and a friend I know considers it the best Halo soundtrack but regardless of all that I don't know if I can play a Halo game without the music of Marty. His music has always made the games feel so unique. As much as I love Halo Wars and it's amazing soundtrack it's not as memorable or impactful as the stuff Marty did.

Trasher

Nutter said:
Did you buy it from Best Buy? and how are you liking it?
2011-04-04_20-18-10_845.jpg

Yeah. I'm still getting used to the buttons, and my remapped buttons obviously. I like it though. Very slick. Looks nice.

I know you were telling me last night how you didn't like the feel of the buttons, but I'm actually quite liking that a lot. They have this very subtle, quick-response feel to them. In comparison, the normal 360 controller's button-press feels much deeper. So the Onza has this almost instant sort of button-press feel.

2011-04-04_20-20-07_839.jpg

The one thing that I'm struggling with the most is the new style of triggers. For those who don't have it, the triggers on the Onza are sort of elongated and curved (sounds dumb to say, but they are kind of similarly shaped to a real gun trigger) compared to the more straight triggers on the regular controllers. So it may depend on what your hands are like. I have a feeling that people with bigger hands would have an easier time with their trigger fingers on them. It's really not a huge deal though. I'm sure it will just take a little time to get used to.

2011-04-04_20-29-41_260.jpg

Trasher

Barrow Roll said:
Man, the Onza looks so good. I wish the Canadian Best Buys had them in stock. Did you get the Tournament Edition?
Yeah. That was the only kind this Best Buy had actually.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Astro Mixamp? Check
Astro A30's? Check
Razer Onza? Check

Guys an MLG Pro right here!!

Trasher

Tashi0106 said:
Astro Mixamp? Check
Astro A30's? Check
Razer Onza? Check

Guys an MLG Pro right here!!
I heard the A30 users suck and go 0-15 on a daily basis. I should get some A40s and rock those perfections 24/7!

Nutter

The D-pad sucks on the Onza though. I thought it was going to be an 8 way directional one but its only a 4 way. Hmm im contemplating returning mine, but not sure :[

Trasher

Nutter said:
The D-pad sucks on the Onza though. I thought it was going to be an 8 way directional one but its only a 4 way. Hmm im contemplating returning mine, but not sure :[
Meh, D-pads are never important in FPS', and I obviously got the Onza for shooter games. D-pads are only important for fighting games, which I never play. I actually like this D-pad way better than the regular ones. You actually know which direction you are pressing it and when lol. There's this sort of gray area with the regular 360 D-pads where you aren't sure if you are actually pressing it.

Trasher said:
Meh, D-pads are never important in FPS', and I obviously got the Onza for shooter games. D-pads are only important for fighting games, which I never play. I actually like this D-pad way better than the regular ones. You actually know which direction you are pressing lol.
has it made you not terrible at halo or no?

neoism

kylej said:
He'll be campaigning with the Palin/Santorum ticket for 2012.
really. :|
nm
bobs99 ... said:
I would assume he would be working on the next Bungie IP, but as far as Halo goes I guess 343 is going to have to find a new composer?
yeah your right.... It won't be the same.

Ramirez

I know no one cares, but I finished up that campaign challenge last night with the help of that video. I made it a lot harder on myself though, I ran past the first fight, so I never even had a hog, I lost my Revenant near the 2 Wraiths trying to kill the jackals before they got down the hill. So I spent about an hour trying to kill 2 Hunters and a white Elite with stray plasma pistol charges, never killed them, but some how on my last try I randomly triggered the Falcon to spawn, hopped in as the Hunters pelted away at it for a good 15 seconds, luckily I was on the other side, heh.

I hate Tilt and Mythic, are these challenges supposed to make people find a way other than fighting the enemy? Feels lame skipping 95% of a level because you can't kill anything, meh.

Also, how do you see your credit total after you complete it in campaign? Everytime I save and back out after completing it tells me I got like 5 credits total on the tally screen, heh. I was looking forward to seeing a 26K payout and bar mover.

Ramirez said:
Also, how do you see your credit total after you complete it in campaign? Everytime I save and back out after completing it tells me I got like 5 credits total on the tally screen, heh. I was looking forward to seeing a 26K payout and bar mover.
Turn on Scoring.

Just completed the weekly challenge. Took 212 minutes. Way longer then it should have. I also had to do the last holdout by the pelican by myself because I managed to get though that hallway without dying and checkpointed out there. The two people I played with had to sit tight for 40 minutes as I killed the 3 waves of grunts and elites. In the end, it wasn't worth the credits.

Top Bottom