• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Trasher

Mazer Rackham said:
does this still apply? I'm available if needed and have pm'd my GT to Tashi in case he wants to check my k/d or highest multi-kill(lolz)
Yup.

Omg guys. Their leadership sounds insane:

Rampage Is an amazing Leader! There has have been few people who think otherwise and for anyone who reads this and thinks that Rampage has made bad, selfish, wrong choices for Six Feet Under, then you are blind! If it wasn't for Rampage SFU wouldn't be how it is to this very day nor would it have ever been so reconizable to many gaming communities. In fact, SFU would most likely be in the hole right now and porbably not even exsist. Rampage has done so many things for SFU. Some examples are this website, and the clan it self. Rampage spends hours on end just to check things out on this site to make sure eveything is going well. Rampage is unselfish. He puts his clan before himself. Without Rampage this clan would be nothing. He is one of the greatest leaders I have ever seen. I don't mean just gaming wise. His leadership is just as great as historic leaders. Ever promise Rampage makes, he keeps, every dission he makes is best for the clan and some times even better for the clan. Rampage doesn't just sit down and try to get everthing done and over with as fast as possible. He takes the time he needs for it to make sure it will be as perfect as it can get. If it weren't for Rampage we all would be in different clans that are horrible or even not be in one. But since we have such a great leader, we all have this clan and we all have Rampage to thank for it as well. He saved the clan when it's torch was burning out. He re-lit the fire so it could burn even more then it ever has before. Without Rampage... I say again... SFU would be nothing.

Long live Siz Feet Under! Long Live RAMPAGE!

I can't even say half of those things about Tashi!
lawl

vhfive said:
E3 needs to hurry up and happen already. I'm really curious as to what 343 has been doing.
This. This. This. I'm hyped. Thank Zeouterlimits.I'm going to spam your facebook page...

Damn. Can't wait to see the game at the HaloFest. (And I can't wait to meet AmericanHaloGAF or some of them.)

Trasher

Ramirez said:
I should be free Trash, I don't anticipate anything coming up.
My man!

So I'm thinking I may have to change my gamertag for when we play them...:
There is currently one gamer out there that if you are friends with you will be kicked out of SFU or demoted. Ice Rainxx is the biggest enemy of Six Feet Under and has done more damage to it than I could have possibly managed. I have reason to believe that He is a scitsifrenic or has some sort of mental disorder.

He used to be in Six Feet Under but then quit by faking his death by having his cousin say that he had died of cancer on the day that he was promoted to a squad leader. He used to be an very important member to Six Feet Under but all that changed that one night. Since he quit Six Feet Under he has caused a tremendous amount of problems for Six Feet Under which include breaching our old website and destroying it. He also talked a huge amount of shit about six feet under saying that we were a garbage clan but even though he challenged SFUx Dubstep to a 1v1 SFUx Dubstep took a giant fucking dukie on his head he even begged for the 1v1 to happen so he must have liked the way the shit tasted as it shoved down his throat with a score of 15 to 11.

In conclusion if you are friends with him then you are not in Six Feet Under.NO EXEPTION.

This dude is an MLG
semi
pro! Or so he says in his profile lol.

I haven't been hyped for E3 since the one that they revealed Halo 3 (06?). All i care about is 343 announcing the Halo CE remake and showing competitive multi-player (which it better have or I'm gonna rage)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Trasher said:
Yup.

Omg guys. Their leadership sounds insane:
Jezeus, North Korea is best Korea up in this bitch. The greatest leader that ever leaded leaders that lead while leading leaders.

wwm0nkey

Ok well now that we pretty much know Halo is in the bag for E3, I am wondering what their Portal 2 reveal will be since they have GLaDOS in there as well.

MrBig

Detox said:
Black Ops made by one dev in 2 years shipped with more maps than Reach, with bots, better theatre mode and player investment system. I'm starting to think Bungie really weren't 100% behind this game, not that they will ever come out and say it.
They've been working on Destiny since Halo 3 and didn't introduce any new features into the game. Of course they weren't fully behind Reach. And if someone rebukes that it would only mean it was more of a failing.

Zeouterlimits said:

If 343 doesnt reveal something at this E3 I will be upset, they formed roughly 2 or 3 years ago? Hopefully thats enough time for them to have gotten something going? It seems unlikely with Reach having just come out but meh.

vhfive said:
:lol
sounds less like a clan and more like a cult

Ah man I actually feel bad taking the piss out of them. This tournament should all be in good nature, but I cant believe this site exists man.

MrBig

That press badge has an energy sword on it. That means its either a marketing mix up or that the story is not a sequel to Halo 3.

This is my DMR! There are many others like it, but this one is mine! My DMR is my best friend! It is my life! I must master it as I must master my life! Without me, my DMR is useless! Without my DMR, I am useless!

wwm0nkey

MrBig said:
That press badge has an energy sword on it. That means its either a marketing mix up or that the story is not a sequel to Halo 3.
Halo 2 XBLA :lol

Also Halo does have the energy sword in it so I dont see why not put it in there even if its not in the game its still a weapon in the universe.

wwm0nkey said:
Halo 2 XBLA :lol

Also Halo does have the energy sword in it so I dont see why not put it in there even if its not in the game its still a weapon in the universe.

I guess its one of the more recognisable silhouettes, it might not be directly related to the next Halo game, but seeing it will show everyone that its Halo related.

Trasher

bobs99 ... said:
If 343 doesnt reveal something at this E3 I will be upset, they formed roughly 2 or 3 years ago? Hopefully thats enough time for them to have gotten something going? It seems unlikely with Reach having just come out but meh.

Ah man I actually feel bad taking the piss out of them. This tournament should all be in good nature, but I cant believe this site exists man.
lol you didn't have to edit. I was initially gonna do the thing you did and use Tashi's name instead, but I figured it was better to show you all the real one first.

Detox

MrBig said:
They've been working on Destiny since Halo 3 and didn't introduce any new features into the game. Of course they weren't fully behind Reach. And if someone rebukes that it would only mean it was more of a failing.
If that is the case which it seems like it is, then they shouldn't have attempted such drastic changes to the formula.

Trasher said:
lol you didn't have to edit. I was initially gonna do the thing you did and use Tashi's name instead, but I figured it was better to show you all the real one first.

To be fair my main reason for editing is because I didnt want anyone coming back and reading that in like 3 years time out of context and thinking I was an idiot who meant what 'I wrote'. :p

Either way the site has provided a few lols. Match should be good, I just wish I could be there or be around to watch the stream lol. Tashi please tell me your recording the stream?

Detox said:
If that is the case which it seems like it is, then they shouldn't have attempted such drastic changes to the formula.

Sadly I think the sheer fact that the big guns worked on Destiny means that the guys developing Reach were fairly new to Halo anyway? They probably figured that unless the main guys worked on Reach there was no way the B team could emulate old school Halo?

Just speculating, but I have to say it really doesnt feel like Reach was made by the guys who made the older Halo games.

I wouldn't think that the energy sword on E3 pass reflects anything about the new Halo game. It's marketing, its just a recognizable symbol for the Halo franchise, so MS put it on there.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Steelyuhas said:
I wouldn't think that the energy sword on E3 pass reflects anything about the new Halo game. It's marketing, its just a recognizable symbol for the Halo franchise, so MS put it on there.

No, no, no! It has to mean something! It has to be a clever hint. A sword. Movement. Swinging. Kinect Halo Elite game. See? We're obviously being teased here.

Dani said:
No, no, no! It has to mean something! It has to be a clever hint. A sword. Movement. Swinging. Kinect Halo Elite game. See? We're obviously being teased here.

If its the closest we would get to a good lightsabre game ship it.

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
Kotaku rumor article incoming in 3....2....

Dani said:

I like what you're saying but you have it all wrong.

Sword. hmmm... sword. You have my sword. (and my bow) and my AXE! AXE is a body spray, a deodorant. You know who else makes deodorant? Old Spice. hmmm, Old Spice. Isaiah Mustafa? No. Bruce Campbell. He was in an Old Spice commercial first, singing Hungry Like the Wolf by Duran Duran. He was also in a movie called Evil Dead... Evil Dead... LIVING DEAD.

Halo 4 will be based entirely around the Zombies gametype! It fits with the sword hint!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Competitions are just one of the many amazing things about Six Feet Under. Every now and then Six Feet Under will be given a 1600 Microsoft point card for a competition. The competitions are usually different, we have had 4 competitions on halo reach and 1 on Call Of Duty black ops. The winners have been SFUx RAMPAGE, SFUx Dubstep, SFUx BlankKnight, SFUx IMPULSE and SFUx L3GENDARY. We will send out a message to all of Six Feet Under giving you guys a heads up before the competition happens. Now I don't want to go on the negative side of things but If you win one of these tournaments you have to spend 800 of the Microsoft points on changing your Gamer Tag by putting SFUx in front of it, and if you choose to take all of the 1600 for yourself then a message would be sent out to all of SFU and all of the 100 members of SFU would file complaints on your profile and your account would not last to long.

wut?

They threaten their own "clan" members members with LIVE TOU complaint bombs?

Dani said:
wut?

So basically you can win 1600 MS point cards but you have to use half of that to add the clan tag next to your name. I dont think its worth doing that for a tenner lol.

The site is full of silly rules and odd contradictions.

Alucrid

Banned
Why is online campaign so shitty? Me and two friends were trying to do the weekly challenge and at when we were defending the lab area the game fucking booted us off. An hour of time wasted. :(

I've just got a new 360 two years after I sold my first one. I played the hell out of Halo 3 and I'd like the buy this. What's the community like, is it forgiving for new players?

Dani said:
wut?

I'll take my unanimated avatar, 100 post per page, AR vs BR ridden threads a million times over those other dark places of the community :p

bobs99 ... said:
So basically you can win 1600 MS point cards but you have to use half of that to add the clan tag next to your name. I dont think its worth doing that for a tenner lol.

The site is full of silly rules and odd contradictions.

Can you use the other 800 points to change your gamertag back?

New HaloGAF tournament idea:

Winners get 1200 MSP, but have to add "ncsuDuncan >" to the beginning of their gamertag.

So if Tashi wins, his new gamertag is "ncsuDuncan > NYSTOFMIND23"

And if you don't I will go to your gamercard and hit "Avoid this player."

BattleMedic said:
I've just got a new 360 two years after I sold my first one. I played the hell out of Halo 3 and I'd like the buy this. What's the community like, is it forgiving for new players?

If you've played a lot of Halo 3 and you were decent at it, you should be able to keep up. Play the Campaign first to learn the Armor Abilities and get a feel for the movement speed and you should be fine.

BattleMedic said:
Got a group to play with? If not play at least a night or two with HaloGAF peeps, as playing on your own can be painful.

wwm0nkey

"Spartans Unite"

wl41s3.jpg

Ramirez

I'm glad you guys are joining in the fun of that site, what a train wreck. Someone should have done some screening on some of these "communities".

zlatko

Banned
I'm kinda sad 343 is taking the safest route now that they have Halo to their selves. Basically trying to build up cred with Halo fans by redoing the first with as little changes as possible is my bet, then they'll feel like they can go to do H4 with their own ideas.

I'm curious to see how big of an improvement it is on the original.

Trasher

Ramirez said:
I'm glad you guys are joining in the fun of that site, what a train wreck. Someone should have done some screening on some of these "communities".
Yeah, I don't know if they can be called a community. I'm not exactly sure what the requirements are to be considered one, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't meet most of them.

Ramirez said:
That was one of four questionable communities. We were looking at a nice, clean 16 communities when bsangel posted about it on Waypoint.

My inbox lit on fire with so many random kids making groups to join. I'm pretty sure none of those got in.

Havok

zlatko said:
I'm kinda sad 343 is taking the safest route now that they have Halo to their selves. Basically trying to build up cred with Halo fans by redoing the first with as little changes as possible is my bet, then they'll feel like they can go to do H4 with their own ideas.

I'm curious to see how big of an improvement it is on the original.
You're saying that you're disappointed in 343 from your own speculation about a game that hasn't been announced yet and may not even exist.

Give them some time.

Ramirez said:
To be honest, they weren't exactly at the top of the list. It turns out making a tournament bracket with any number of teams other than a power of 2 is difficult.

We already had 22-25 Halo communities/teams, and instead of cutting that down to 16 or giving out a dozen first-round byes I figured we could just let all 31 in.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Havok said:
You're saying that you're disappointed in 343 from your own speculation about a game that hasn't been announced yet and may not even exist.

Give them some time.

Don''t forget that 343 have been very open about celebrating Halo's 10th anniverary. It's all about the fans. Playing it safe would waiting until Halo 4. Playing it safe wouldn't be releasing Forerunner novels.

People accuse MS of milking Halo all the time and yet others accuse it of playing it safe? Guess you can't please everyone.

The only thing that I would demand of MS in regards to Halo is to treat the franchise and us fans with respect. And from all indications that is what they are doing. Sure, mistakes can and have been been made but I see no point in being judgmental regarding the future of the franchise until it actually happens.

Top Bottom