• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

feel

The Real Napsta said:
Halo 3 (GoD or install) runs like crap from the hard drive. If you go through with this plan run the game from a USB drive.
I have my current disc installed and in multiplayer I only noticed it took a few short seconds longer to load the maps. Worth it. Will try the usb drive thing though, thanks.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Subject: CAL.. Class Action Lawsuit

OK, If you are like me and got an extremely harsh rank and credit reset for games that were played long ago before BUNGIE posted the "Rules" for AFC "Ruining Others Game Experience" Then PM me and we'll get this CAL started, I believe this a move by 343 to shutdown HALO fans. If it stands I know I'll never play HALO again.

The gift that keeps on giving.

Tashi0106 said:
Team One:

Nutter (Captain)
Ram
Trasher
Xenolock
Omlet
Thermite

Team Two:

Tashi (Captain)
Juices
KyleJ
Ken/Chocopolka
Tawpgun
Bread/DCot

Super Team:

Undecided

Good luck Gaf. I think we have a pretty good shot. I was actually suprised at the skill of some in the customs last night (plywood has pistola level evasiveness) and it was nice to play sorta competitive matches compared to the bk horseshitfest that general mm is now that ranks are gone.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dani said:
The gift that keeps on giving.
"If it stands I know I'll never play HALO again."

Well the reason you got your rank reset was because you weren't playing Halo in the first place, jackass.

Booshka said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7MtAIGoxEM

Montage from Ninja of Final Boss (lol)

Little over-edited, but some amazing clips.

Edit: Here is a 720p Download link for those interested. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TT5LKORL

Been watching his stream of late, guy is absolutely obscene with the sniper. Equally dickish and hilarious at times too but he's only young. The killtac in that tage is brilliant with his in tandem commentary.

I'm also very jelly of his ability to pull host nearly every game.

Booshka said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7MtAIGoxEM

Montage from Ninja of Final Boss (lol)

Little over-edited, but some amazing clips.

Edit: Here is a 720p Download link for those interested. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TT5LKORL

For sure! The in game commentary gives this a minor unique twist. Music was par for Pro montages. Tashi's wins that category so far.
:lol, Boy he's going to feel silly when he's not on FB after the next competition :lol.... cause you know how the teams always change and stuff and... yeah, sorry.

Booshka

Account Attempt #4 said:
The in game commentary gives this a minor unique twist. Music was par for Pro montages. Tashi's wins that category so far.
:lol, Boy he's going to feel silly when he's not on FB after the next competition :lol.... cause you know how the teams always change and stuff and... yeah, sorry.
Should have seen FB at the 5 team LAN, he didn't step up and it seemed like he was the odd man out. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets dropped after next event.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Account Attempt #4 said:
For sure! The in game commentary gives this a minor unique twist. Music was par for Pro montages. Tashi's wins that category so far.
I think I take the gameplay category too! :p I wish. Kid's got insane skill.

GhaleonEB

Tunavi said:
Fuck yeah a powerhouse playlist!!
lol I'm so getting on this demo right now

Epic Sword Battle Standoff
Edit: to be played with this lol
I wasn't able to watch this at work today so I just got to it. Hot damn that was amazing. I was utterly fooled with the hologram move at the end. The ending was so perfect. Dude must have jumped out of his seat. :lol

Fantastic.

GhaleonEB said:
I wasn't able to watch this at work today so I just got to it. Hot damn that was amazing. I was utterly fooled with the hologram move at the end. The ending was so perfect. Dude must have jumped out of his seat. :lol

Fantastic.

I missed the first post, thanks Ghaleon for quoting this.

Otherwise I would not have seen the most godly thing to ever happen in a halo game :p

Updated with a better picture. You can easily see the Destiny logo on the top right.
ncsuDuncan said:
Another Destiny shirt, via "Yaters" on HBO
I've seen this symbol before. A certain Bungie employee/friend came over for a LAN party last summer and had a whole set of these shirts (4 or 5 different ones). That 'destiny' symbol is on the shoulder as well. I'm blacking out the face and something in my basement that you shouldn't see.
I promised not to reveal what 'FWC' means but it was pretty generic and didn't divulge anything.

Honestly, my 'friend' doesn't clue us in on anything even though I try to trip him up and ask revealing questions.

Anyhow, just thought you'd be interested in another shirt with a symbol and a cryptic acronym.

Definitely supports the theory of multiple factions/companies.

My guess? "First World Colonies" but I'm sure GAF can come up with something better.
14vX1.jpg

JOhDMl.jpg

A27_StarWolf said:
Eve style MMO?

I think so!

If the multiple companies thing holds true that is...
If Bungie is making an MMO, it needs to tell us soon.

My life only has room for one, and it's reserved for The Old Republic right now.

Booties

Banned
kylej said:
please someone get online and save me from randoms

here i come. phillies lost tonight and i just drove in an hour of traffic. i have a lot of rage to direct on internet trash talkers.

Oozer3993

kylej said:
I'm booking an hour lecture with Pistola right now. I want Team 2 to be there and take notes. We could use a mentor in times like this.

This is why GAF needs to have TSquared on retainer.

kylej said:
please someone get online and save me from randoms

If you're still looking for people, I'm getting on.

EDIT: My fuckin' router kicked me off again. Sorry guys.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Oozer3993 said:

You should talk to your ISP and see if it has anything to with them or the phone lines around your neighborhood.

Ramirez

Man, I played like balls in most of those custom games yesterday, pretty jarring how better I played once I joined up with my regular crew after that, lol. Familiarity and all that I guess.

Booties

Banned
Oozer3993 said:

you didn't miss much, btb is trash

Ramirez said:
Man, I played like balls in most of those custom games yesterday, pretty jarring how better I played once I joined up with my regular crew after that, lol. Familiarity and all that I guess.
What was that about you playing with balls?

Oozer3993

I think I solved my problem. I just took the router out of the equation. My 360 is now hooked directly to the modem. I was able to finish several games in a row after that.

For the fifth game in a row on Hemorrhage, nobody on my team took the Wraith at the start, leaving me to man it. Which is a bad thing. I possess neither the skill nor the wherewithal to operate it effectively. My time with it always quickly ends in a purple bonfire with my corpse squarely in the middle.

vhfive

Steelyuhas said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA

I have no idea what the score even was I just thought I'd throw that in there.
lol
You guys were on the same team. Oozer was on my team and I'm pretty sure you guys were stealing the flag when he dropped.

vhfive said:
lol
You guys were on the same team. Oozer was on my team and I'm pretty sure you guys were stealing the flag when he dropped.

haha I knew that Oozer was on the other team, I saw him 'quit' as he spawned when I grabbed the flag. I was running for the cap, and the sweet sweet victory when evil Tashi requested that I end the game because of something about you guys being down a player. Not sure what he was blabbing about.

Top Bottom