• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

I WANT AN INVESTIGATION I WAS AN ECLIPSE AND GOT RESETED AND WITH ALL DUE RESPECT IF YOU WANTED TO BE FAIR TO EVERYONE YOU WOULD HAVE ADVICED THIS SOONER THAT YOU CAN'T GO AFK, BUNGIE JUST BECAUSE GAMERS OUTSMARTED YOU DOESN'T MEAN WE SHOULD GET PUNISH, ALL I KNOW IS THAT I PLAYED FIREFIGHT MATCHMAKING ALOT ALOT AND SOMETIMES I DON'T PLAY THE FULL GAME ITS TRUE BUT HEY WHO DOESN'T TAKE A BREAK WHEN A PHONE CALL,BATHROOM EMERGENCY OR FOOD CRAVING ARRIVES. MY DAD IS A LAWYER (AND A GOOD ONE) AND I EXPLAIN THE SITUATION TO HIM AND HE'S WILLING TO GO TO COURT AND SUE BUNGIE BECAUSE HE KNOW'S A CERTAIN LAW IN THE CONSTITUTION WHICH CAN AND WILL GIVE YOU GUYS HUGE TROUBLE, CAN'T SAY NO MORE BUT YOU BETTER INVESTIGATE MY ACCOUNT ONCE AGAIN AND PUT BACK EVERY SINGLE CREDIT I HAVE AND PUT MY RANK UP OR YOU'LL BE SORRY, I SWEAR TO GOD YOU WILL BE AND I'LL NEVER STOP FIGHTING TILL IT'S DONE RIGHT. YOU CAN CONTACT ME SENDING ME A MESSAGE TO MY EMAIL OR THRU THE XBOX, YOU CAN CONTACT ME OR EVEN ASK FOR MY PHONE NUMBER AND WE CAN TALK ON THE PHONE BUT PLEASE CONTACT ME
LeNDX.jpg

"MY DAD IS A LAWYER (AND A GOOD ONE) AND I EXPLAIN THE SITUATION TO HIM AND HE'S WILLING TO GO TO COURT AND SUE BUNGIE BECAUSE HE KNOW'S A CERTAIN LAW IN THE CONSTITUTION WHICH CAN AND WILL GIVE YOU GUYS HUGE TROUBLE, CAN'T SAY NO MORE BUT YOU BETTER INVESTIGATE MY ACCOUNT ONCE AGAIN "

Shit, he's right, its in the fourteenth amendment, to whit

...nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, property or space credits without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the invunerable spot on the bridge on courtyard,...

Banhammer confirmed to be unconstitutional.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Blue Ninja said:
ODST looks a lot less good than I remember. :lol

It's better than Halo 3 for sure, but it IS basically just a better looking version of Halo 3 verses Reach where they really made some big changes.

That being said since I've been playing so much Neotokyo and TF2 on the PC lately while they might not be as flashy or pushing tech... it's hard even when I go back to reach with the image quality purely on a resolution level (I normally only run 2xAA so it's not an AA thing). 1080p just makes shit look ridiculously good even on older engines.

PS: I use the same setup for both as I game on my monitor with my 360 hooked up through vga to my monitor and optical to my 5.1 yamaha receiver so it's easier to get an accurate comparison.

Have we discussed what gametypes we want? We should probably practice that game a bit. Whats the actual rules? Never even looked at them..

Also no montages don't get overedited ughh I hate that saying. If you want to watch gameplay go watch it, its on JTV, and Ninja is good, this is a fact. A montage is meant to entertain though. It uses effects, angles, synching. Its angry sex smashed into video.

Finally get online for morning warmups, or for me, my night time raging.

Tawpgun

xxjuicesxx said:
Have we discussed what gametypes we want? We should probably practice that game a bit. Whats the actual rules? Never even looked at them..
Not sure who decides the first game or what the actual restrictions are, but losing team picks map and gametype and it has to be found in standard matchmaking... Based on the guys we're playing we can expect DMRs and relatively good gametypes.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Not sure who decides the first game or what the actual restrictions are, but losing team picks map and gametype and it has to be found in standard matchmaking... Based on the guys we're playing we can expect DMRs and relatively good gametypes.

So if they choose first and we win, we won't actually get to pick? Still we should have a practiced gametype if we get to choose.

Wait Self Induced and Slightly Live are on Ascendent Justice team? Ha so we could potentially play them? Cool.

Blue Ninja said:
ODST looks a lot less good than I remember. :lol
It's not that bad.
GhaleonEB said:
I wasn't able to watch this at work today so I just got to it. Hot damn that was amazing. I was utterly fooled with the hologram move at the end. The ending was so perfect. Dude must have jumped out of his seat. :lol

Fantastic.
Yeah that was pretty awesome. Hologram for the win!

A27 Tawpgun said:
A coin toss will happen at the beginning of the match. Winner picks gametype and map.

Crucio

That hologram clip should have been #1 in Anoj's Top 10 Episode 21! That's where the clip was featured, ya'll should give those a watch there is some good stuff on those countdowns.

I've tried to emulate that guy's tactics but I find it hard to find the time to look down, set the hologram, look back up and walk. In normal circumstances one should notice what I'm trying to do.

The Real Napsta said:
Does Team Classic or MLG count as standard matchmaking? What about Griffball and Action Sack stuff?
No. We specifically excluded those gametypes from the tournament to be fair to all contestants.

Teams of six will compete in "Halo: Reach" using the Bungie Humpday rules: best of three, only members of your community can play for your teams and matchmaking game types only (excluding MLG, Team Classic, Grifball and Action Sack variants).

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Who else is gonna rock a new avatar for the day of the war Community Tournament of Fellowship and Bonding?

Here is mine:

dany-heart0u52.jpg

Delicious heart, she must eat it.

Just saw this on Twitter.

Look at the image as it is vertically (not trying to read it horizontally).
pOcZE.jpg

Master Chief taking a shit.

Pointless, but worth a chuckle.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Hmm... So we could still have shit like headhunter. Maybe even invasion.

Lets not have that happen...
You might want to prepare for the worst-case scenario.

:^)

Actually, you bring up a good point with Invasion. It can, and often does, end in a tie.

We might have to go back and exclude it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hitmonchan107 said:

Actually, you bring up a good point with Invasion. It can, and often does, end in a tie.

You really should. Invasion Slayer on Hemmorhage? No thanks.

Crucio

Wowzers, just checked out Bungie.net forums. Haha, lots of angry people! Wheres the Whammmbulance?

You're right about Invasion, it could disrupt the flow of the tourney. But Invasion Slayer is a good game type. There are scorpions involved however, most kills are done before it even appears anyway. Fun gametype, over powered flak.

Oh! Another L.D. challenge today, back to Winter. Fun!!!!

GhaleonEB said:
The L.D. Challenge payouts are comically small, especially in light of the weekly Challenge. Sprint through a mission on Heroic with one skull on, 9,000. Do it on Legendary with no deaths and four brutal skulls on? 5,000.
I agree, there is definitely a lack of consistency with the challenge payouts.
"My mind to your mind!" Maybe that would help us understand.

GhaleonEB

Crucio said:
Oh! Another L.D. challenge today, back to Winter. Fun!!!!
The L.D. Challenge payouts are comically small, especially in light of the weekly Challenge. Sprint through a mission on Heroic with one skull on, 9,000. Do it on Legendary with no deaths and four brutal skulls on? 5,000.

Ramirez

Also, I believe in the tourney we should go all objective games with these guys when we have the choice, it's pretty clear all they do is slay in games, so I'm doubtful that they could string a victory together in a flag match.

Ramirez said:
Also, I believe in the tourney we should go all objective games with these guys when we have the choice, it's pretty clear all they do is slay in games, so I'm doubtful that they could string a victory together in a flag match.

King of the hill. Their natural instincts will keep them from actually standing in the hill.

Hitmonchan107 said:

This, Slayer Pro and DMR's are fine.

When you beat the other team and they pick a game type you guys have not practiced at all... well.... I told you so :p.

I'm not saying play elite slayer and shit, but I would say invasion is a likely hood.

Bread

Banned
vhfive said:
lol
You guys were on the same team. Oozer was on my team and I'm pretty sure you guys were stealing the flag when he dropped.
hahaha I forgot we were on the same team, I thought he was with oozer for some reason.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:
I can dig it. We just need one with no drop shields and 25 minute reset times...are there any? Lol

Ramirez

Tashi0106 said:
I can dig it. We just need one with no drop shields and 25 minute reset times...are there any? Lol

The Pro variants have a quick return time and no AA's except Sprint, is that one allowed? It's in MM...

Ramirez

Jironimo said:
Who on that list is not a part of our community? Dude, I can't believe you're even concerning yourself with our team.

lol!

Since they don't have to be part of our clan or exclusive to AJ, I've recruited some really good players to play on our team.

Herpa derp.

You say yourself that you went out and recruited them. I've been checking out a lot of the communities that we would be playing should we win.

I think the best part is how bamboozled the rest of your community is when you present them with your roster, heh.

feel

Banhammer tears are delicious
Zeouterlimits said:
Just saw this on Twitter.

Look at the image as it is vertically (not trying to read it horizontally).
pOcZE.jpg

Master Chief taking a shit.

Pointless, but worth a chuckle.
Dammit :(

I watch espn regularly, will not be able to unsee
drunk master chief faceplanting off the toilet of a nightclub's bathroom.

Jironimo

Neo Member
Ramirez said:
lol!

Herpa derp.

You say yourself that you went out and recruited them. I've been checking out a lot of the communities that we would be playing should we win.

I get that you want AJ to be relevant again, but c'mon.
All that says is that they don't have to be in our clan (our clan is a small amount of people who see our private forums), or be AJ exclusive. When I say I recruited, it just means I asked these dudes to play for our community and not another one. I didn't pick any randoms, I just asked the best players from our forums and people we play with regularly to play on our team.

Ram, are you really that concerned about this tournie that's just for fun? It's not like there's a serious prize or anything.

Dax01 said:
I hope you guys are playing ODST if you're talking about it. Awesome campaign.
Yep, that's true. Played it today, to make some panorama's for a not-so-secret-project. They're awesome, if I do say so myself. You'll probably get to see them in a few days. :lol

Ramirez

Jironimo said:
All that says is that they don't have to be in our clan (our clan is a small amount of people who see our private forums), or be AJ exclusive. When I say I recruited, it just means I asked these dudes to play for our community and not another one. I didn't pick any randoms, I just asked the best players from our forums and people we play with regularly to play on our team.

Ram, are you really that concerned about this tournie that's just for fun? It's not like there's a serious prize or anything.

If it's just for fun why didn't you use your members instead of recruiting ringers? You asked guys that weren't a part of your regular community to carry you, at least be honest about it.

Dax01 said:
I hope you guys are playing ODST if you're talking about it. Awesome campaign.

I'm constantly saying I need to replay it, such an awesome game.

Just don't have the time though, too many other games to play. I'll get back to it some day though, I love it too much not to.

Trasher

Jironimo said:

Yeah, but there still are prizes that people donated. Not very respectful to them and to those who put the work in to this thing. Just follow the rules...

Jironimo

Neo Member
Ramirez said:
If it's just for fun why didn't you use your members instead of recruiting ringers? You asked guys that weren't a part of your regular community to carry you, at least be honest about it.
It's not a matter of being honest, you're jumping to conclusions about things you know nothing about. Everyone on our roster is part of our community and play with us regularly. Just because 2 of them don't post on our forums all the time doesn't mean they're not part of our community.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ramirez said:
Obviously, the best way to represent your community is to grab people that aren't actually part of it.

We should all chip in and pay a Pro team to play for us.

kylej

Banned
OK guys following Jironimo's rules I've recruited some people from outside the community. They aren't NeoGAF exclusive which should be fine.

Team 1:

Pistola
Neighbor
Ogre 1
Hysteria
Heinz
FearItself

Team 2:

Roy
Lunchbox
Flamesword
Assault
Enable
Ace

Ramirez

Jironimo said:
It's not a matter of being honest, you're jumping to conclusions about things you know nothing about. Everyone on our roster is part of our community and play with us regularly. Just because 2 of them don't post on our forums all the time doesn't mean they're not part of our community.

Those guys play with you regularly? Really? I'm not going to go through your game history, but I saw you playing with that Hero guy the other night, it was the only time I've ever seen you play with anyone aside from us or some AJ bros.

No one on your entire forum had even heard of the 3 guys in question, give me a break.

Jironimo

Neo Member
kylej said:
OK guys following Jironimo's rules I've recruited some people from outside the community. They aren't NeoGAF exclusive which should be fine.

Team 1:

Pistola
Neighbor
Ogre 1
Hysteria
Heinz
FearItself

Team 2:

Roy
Lunchbox
Flamesword
Assault
Enable
Ace
lol, you guys are really stretching to argue your point.

Truth is you don't hang out on AJ, so you have no idea who is part of our community and you're being petty about a tournie which is just for fun.

Top Bottom