• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Bread

Banned
Jironimo said:
lol, you guys are really stretching to argue your point.

Truth is you don't hang out on AJ, so you have no idea who is part of our community and you're being petty about a tournie which is just for fun.
You said you went out and recruited some good players for the team, what do you expect people to think?

Thermite

Jironimo said:

Truth is you don't hang out on AJ, so you have no idea who is part of our community and you're being petty about a tournie which is just for fun.

Maybe not, but looking at your guys' tournament thread, there are a bunch of people who do post at Ascendant Justice that have no idea who a lot of those people are. lol...

Ramirez

Jironimo said:

Vanwadilion:

Represent Ascendant Justice well, people I've never heard of.

SharpeWolfe:

So, I'm just gonna go ahead and say, what the fuck?

Drew:

The only true team is a team that doesn't include anyone who's actually on the team.

SharpeWolfe, again:

That's what I got out of it...I'll cheer for Self and Coco at least...I guess

Truth is, your own community apparently doesn't hang out at AJ either, they also have no clue who is apart of their own community. You're being petty by recruiting ringers for a tournament that's "just for fun".

Just stop.

Jironimo

Neo Member
Thermite said:
Maybe not, but looking at your guys' tournament thread, there are a bunch of people who do post at Ascendant Justice that have no idea who a lot of those people are. lol...
Thermight, you would know. When is the last time you saw any of the old AJ people on Halo. Those guys only go to AJ to talk to their friends, they have no idea who plays with us anymore or what's going on at all with Halo.

Jironimo

Neo Member
Ramirez said:
Vanwadilion:

SharpeWolfe:

Drew:

SharpeWolfe, again:

Truth is, your own community apparently doesn't hang out at AJ either, they also have no clue who is apart of their own community. You're being petty by recruiting ringers for a tournament that's "just for fun".

Just stop.
Look and see when is the last time any of those 4 dudes have been on Halo. They don't play with any of us and have no idea who does play now. Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. The fact that you're complaining about a very small community's team is pretty pathetic Ram.

Ramirez

Jironimo said:
Look and see when is the last time any of those 4 dudes have been on Halo. They don't play with any of us and have no idea who does play now. Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. The fact that you're complaining about a very small community's team is pretty pathetic Ram.

nvm.

You're such a joke character at this point it's not even worth arguing about it.

Jironimo

Neo Member
Ramirez said:
nvm.

You're such a joke character at this point it's not even worth arguing about it.
Which one did you see me with, and who supposedly is it that I don't play with who is on that list?

Jironimo

Neo Member
Ramirez said:
nvm.

Figures, you know that you don't know what you're talking about. You can even ask Cocop, we know all these dudes and have been playin with them since Reach came out or earlier.

Ramirez

Jironimo said:
Which one did you see me with, and who supposedly is it that I don't play with who is on that list?

It's not hard to figure out the ones you don't play with, just find anyone with a K/D above 1.50.

That's weird man, I've been playing with Cocop for the past 4-5 months and I've never seen you or him with any of these guys until the tourney was announced. My God, you even say you went out and recruited them, don't play me for an idiot.

pfJoI.gif

In all seriousness, though, save it for the games, guys. You're making me miss the bitching about armor lock already. :lol

What's a tournament without some "competition & shit-talking".

From a viewer (not participating, but supporting HaloGAF of course), it adds a bit of excitement, the appeal of the chance of NeoGAF vs AJ match can not be ignored now.

Biased so no commenting on the actual accusations.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Jironimo said:
Confirmed:
Hj4WF.jpg

Jironimo said:
Figures, you know that you don't know what you're talking about. You can even ask Cocop, we know all these dudes and have been playin with them since Reach came out or earlier.
Contradiction?

Ramirez

Just to humor you Jironimo, I went through as many games as it would let me by hitting "older game" on Axis Alive, you weren't in a single game, and the guy has played the vast majority of his games (861) in MLG. I guess that's where you met him, right?

Your history as of late shows 3 games with the H is my Hero or w/e, that's the guy I saw you playing with the other night and thought to myself "hmm, who is that?". Prior to those 3 games it's a string of zombie matches, some FFA, multi team (with none of those 3 guys), and then a long string of games with gaffers.

If you can honestly get cocop to come in here and lie for you and say that you play with these guys regularly, and they're a part of the AJ/FUD communities, I'll be impressed.

Haha I just played 1 match of the Reach demo and got a Skullamanjaro. I think im going to enjoy preying on the new players more than playing regular Reach lol.
Actually nah, im bored already but its good that they do multiplayer demo's for Halo now.

Jironimo

Neo Member
Ramirez said:
Just to humor you Jironimo, I went through as many games as it would let me by hitting "older game" on Axis Alive, you weren't in a single game, and the guy has played the vast majority of his games (861) in MLG. I guess that's where you met him, right?
Again, you don't know what you're talking about. Axis Alive was gamertag Cobaltz on Live, he changed his gamertag a few months back. Cobaltz has hung out with AJ since the Halo 2 days. Below is the link to his profile on AJ with all his posts. He registered on the AJ forums back in 2007.

http://forums.ascendantjustice.com/index.php?showuser=393

Ram, I really do genuinely respect you as a person. But honestly, you're being petty and this is low.

vhfive

anyone have a link to the tournament brackets? I want to see our chances of going up against AJ and also Penny Arcade for old times sake (where did backflip go?)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
squidhands said:
The term friendly tournament never applies, does it?
War does not determine who is right only who is left. Tournaments do not determine who is friend only who is foe.

Jironimo

Neo Member
Ramirez said:
Your history as of late shows 3 games with the H is my Hero or w/e, that's the guy I saw you playing with the other night and thought to myself "hmm, who is that?". Prior to those 3 games it's a string of zombie matches, some FFA, multi team (with none of those 3 guys), and then a long string of games with gaffers.
"H is my Hero" I play with regularly. I'll remind you, I don't play much multiplayer except for on the weekends so it's not an everyday thing to begin with. If you look through my history you'll see multiplayer games with him. Not only have I played with this guy well before the tournie was even announced, I know him in real life. Cocop, Slightly Live, and I have all played with him for months.

Ram, you're not the only person on this Earth that has friends with k/d over 1.5. It's just that someone's k/d isn't the reason I'll play or hang out with them.

vhfive said:
anyone have a link to the tournament brackets? I want to see our chances of going up against AJ and also Penny Arcade for old times sake (where did backflip go?)
Found one here.

Plywood said:
War does not determine who is right only who is left. Tournaments do not determine who is friend only who is foe.
Keep friends close but your enemies in a closet.

vhfive said:

http://challonge.com/halocommunity

Bracket won't be FINAL final until tomorrow when I get all of the rosters sorted out. (Meaning that some teams might drop out and I know of at least one team that was on standby that might be added in at one of the bye slots.)

Actual positions won't change though, so it's pretty close to final.

Edit: Damn, beaten by squidhands. :)

MrBig

bobs99 ... said:
Haha I just played 1 match of the Reach demo and got a Skullamanjaro. I think im going to enjoy preying on the new players more than playing regular Reach lol.
Actually nah, im bored already but its good that they do multiplayer demo's for Halo now.
???

e: Oh, so it wasn't just a rumor.
But, looking at the details, the content in the demo makes no sense. The campaign mission that feels the least like "halo." FFA-only MP, the exact opposite of what Halo is known for, and firefight on the most bland and uninspired firefight playspace.

Trasher

Jironimo said:
Ram, you're not the only person on this Earth that has friends with k/d over 1.5. It's just that someone's k/d isn't the reason I'll play or hang out with them.
Ram does hate me, so you got a point there.

feel

ok, the drama is there, now we just need live broadcasts and everyone playing in Bieber wigs, for this thing to make the mlg organization irrelevant.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Letters said:
ok, the drama is there, now we just need live broadcasts and everyone playing in Bieber wigs, for this thing to make the mlg organization irrelevant.
I got the live stream in glorious 320x180 lol :/...wanna cook up a JTV channel banner for this tournament letters??

Letters said:
Only if Hitmonchan is able to negotiate the lucrative Doritos and Mountain Dew contracts. I'll reach out to Spike TV.

My main relief is that Neogaf is no longer bickering within its own ranks and is now spreading its 'love' around :p

Will there be bitter feelings if a team wins who don't really represent their community? Most probably. Will other communities discuss how they perceive the behaviour of the other teams? Maybe not too vocally but there will be opinions formed. Will the whole 'for fun' aspect be lost on us all? I really don't believe so. I can imagine that as a communties chance at winning increases, feelings will run high.

At the end of the day, I can sleep knowing our team has its chances to win but that it is also widely agreed to be the Neogaf team.

Trasher

Hydranockz said:
My main relief is that Neogaf is no longer bickering within its own ranks and is now spreading its 'love' around :p.
We just needed a common enemy is all.

When you are surrounded by your enemies, you bring your allies in closer!

Ramirez

Jironimo said:
I'm glad. I noticed you didn't respond about my teammates, hopefully I can get a little more respect now as well.

lol, those guys still aren't a part of the AJ/FUD community, I don't care if you know them in RL, or played with them a few times in the past year. I simply don't care to argue it any further, and cannot wait until you all lose, it will be glorious. Maybe both communities will get bounced in the first round and we can go to a losers bracket, just the two of us!

Ramirez said:
lol, those guys still aren't a part of the AJ/FUD community, I don't care if you know them in RL, or played with them a few times in the past year. I simply don't care to argue it any further, and cannot wait until you all lose, it will be glorious. Maybe both communities will get bounced in the first round and we can go to a losers bracket, just the two of us!

You would have to lose to that SFU clan first lawl.

I agree with Hydranockz: "I can sleep knowing our team has its chances to win but that it is also widely agreed to be the Neogaf team."

To be clear im not judging on the whole AJ situation, im just saying im glad there were tryouts here and the community as a whole got a chance to be involved.

Jironimo

Neo Member
Ramirez said:
I gave you the link to Axis Alive's AJ account. So a dude who's played with us since Halo 2, has been registered on our forums since 2007, posts on AJ, and plays Halo Reach with us isn't a member of AJ? You don't want to discuss it any further because you know that you're wrong.

Dude, if we lose I don't care. I just wanted to participate in the tournament to have something to do with other AJ members. Obviously I want to put the best team out that we can, but if we lose it doesn't matter.

Clearly this means a lot to your team. I'm sure Team Jesus will do just fine if it's you, Nutter, Blood and 3 others. That's a pretty damn stacked team so I don't know why you're so bent out of shape that you had to go be the Halo police and investigate other people's teams.

Ramirez

Jironimo said:
I gave you the link to Axis Alive's AJ account. So a dude who's played with us since Halo 2, has been registered on our forums since 2007, posts on AJ, and plays Halo Reach with us isn't a member of AJ? You don't want to discuss it any further because you know that you're wrong.

Dude, if we lose I don't care. I just wanted to participate in the tournament to have something to do with other AJ members. Obviously I want to put the best team out that we can, but if we lose it doesn't matter.

Clearly this means a lot to your team. I'm sure Team Jesus will do just fine if it's you, Nutter, Blood and 3 others. That's a pretty damn stacked team so I don't know why you're so bent out of shape that you had to go be the Halo police and investigate other people's teams.

I have seen the error of my ways, those guys are the backbone of AJ, please forgive me.

Hey You

Anybody else miss Firefight Verses?

I think it would be an excellent addition to matchmaking. Having 5 FF playlists might be too much though. Maybe not.

This thread has some good suggestions and if considered, a FF Versus playlist could be pretty awesome.

Top Bottom