• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dax01 said:
lol. I ran past you while you had the flag, and I think I came back to support you. A lot of good that did you! Mongooses and Valhalla go hand in hand.

LOL every time I watch that I think, "Dax WTF are you doing?" hahahaha

MrBig said:
Looks like the first person to reach max rank got reset. http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Default.aspx?player=xxsaviors0ulxx&sg=0

I thought he didn't do idling?

Looking through his history I can't find a game in which he idled. I would get this fixed up.

It could possibly be a result of when someone modded his rankings a month or so ago. They did the same thing to Evil Otto's account.

That truly sucks to be him, all that Reach for naught lol.

Sadly I cant help but think this will just push people away from the game killing multiplayer search times and so on. Surely detecting and booting idlers in match is preferable to outright banning them after the damage is done? I know theres a fine line between booting a idler and booting a dude who just had a quick door to open or whatever, but I still think you could have a 10 minuite afk timer... once it reaches 0 you get booted. If you need to go for 10 minuites your going to miss most of the match anyway.

Decom said:
Maybe I'm missing something, but why is everyone so happy about the resets? They have no effect on anybody here (or if they did, it would be a negative effect). Punishing players for a flawed system isn't much to celebrate over.

Agreed even without the idlers the system still sucks.

neclas

Maybe I'm missing something, but why is everyone so happy about the resets? They have no effect on anybody here (or if they did, it would be a negative effect). Punishing players for a flawed system isn't much to celebrate over.

Ken

Decom said:

It's to hopefully deter people from idling in Firefight ruining the experience for others so yes, it does have an effect on others.

neclas

Ken said:
It's to hopefully deter people from idling in Firefight ruining the experience for others so yes, it does have an effect on others.
I understand why idling is a problem in FF Limited, but it doesn't really cause a problem in FF Arcade (where most idling takes place).

MrBig said:
Looks like the first person to reach max rank got reset. http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Default.aspx?player=xxsaviors0ulxx&sg=0

I thought he didn't do idling?

Looking through his history I can't find a game in which he idled. I would get this fixed up.

It could possibly be a result of when someone modded his rankings a month or so ago. They did the same thing to Evil Otto's account.
He had 156 perfections and 140 unfriggenbelievables.

Ken

Decom said:
I understand why idling is a problem in FF Limited, but it doesn't really cause a problem in FF Arcade (where most idling takes place).

I don't play FF Arcade but I've run into plenty of idlers in Limited who end up wasting lives active players could be using or drawing out games as the last man standing.

neclas

Ken said:
I don't play FF Arcade but I've run into plenty of idlers in Limited.
Well, then I guess that answers my original question. That sucks that you get matched with idlers in that playlist, I rarely have problems in Limited. :/

uDExX.gif

Ken

me and my friend played reach acouple of days ago we played 1 game of firefight during that game my internet connection shut down and i got disconeected so my friend went on to black ops i come on back online now and i go on reach and it says im banned for 2 weeks and my rank is reset and i have 1 credit so i tell my friend to come on an he is also banned and reset now ive got banned before for afking but we werent afking during the game why so why are we reset
I am serious I don't agree with it know but when it's 5000 games and you're talking about 10 afk games and reset know when it's been months like come on. Ya I'm taking this high up to employees.

huhmarine.jpg

Tashi0106 said:
LOL every time I watch that I think, "Dax WTF are you doing?" hahahaha
I couldn't even tell you. I think I was going by you to see if anyone was following you, then I would come back and save you and claim the day!
MrBig said:
That is quite the opposite of AFKing.
With those numbers, he's still cheating.

Ken

MrBig said:
Didn't they explicitly state that they allowed full party boosting as long as they don't AFK?

I think they allowed full parties to go into games as long as all players actually play so you shouldn't see things like a player on each team having 40+ kills and 0 deaths.

Ken

GhaleonEB said:
Heh. Reading through the banhammer investigation thread is so good. Here's Jeremiah's post history if you want to skip to the gold.

UberDingu said:
I would like my account looked into please. I used to idle back when it was "acceptable" by banhammer standards, but since then I've been playing unless I get forced into a -blam!- map/gametype combination in which case I just hang around doing very little since if I quit I get a nice quit ban.

I wonder what makes people think that idling was ever an acceptable practice.

neclas

Ken said:
Out of curiosity, why not just set up a local game of Firefight Arcade for the kid to play in.
I'm not in his situation, but my guess would be that he figures why not earn some credits from letting his kids play.

Decom said:
I'm not in his situation, but my guess would be that he figures why not earn some credits from letting his kids play.

Or he could have been alternating with them? Letting them play every other game, too much hassle to switch lobbies... just let them take over type thing.

Hes obviously an unlucky person to get caught out by this.

neclas

Something that just crossed my mind... this reset hardly even hurts Inheritors that got reset. They already unlocked all of the armor, which doesn't appear to have been reset.

Ken

Decom said:

bobs99 ... said:
Or he could have been alternating with them? Letting them play every other game, too much hassle to switch lobbies... just let them take over type thing.

Hes obviously an unlucky person to get caught out by this.

I suppose both are decent reasons. Hope he gets his credits restored but I could see the reluctance to do so since people could cite this specific example as why Bungie should believe their own "I let my younger sibling play" excuse.

Decom said:
Something that just crossed my mind... this reset hardly even hurts Inheritors that got reset. They already unlocked all of the armor, which doesn't appear to have been reset.

Could just be the profile pages not having refreshed their armor yet.

Havok said:
That's what happens when a massive issue is completely ignored for nine months after launch. What do you expect?

I guess that's true.

Havok

Ken said:
I wonder what makes people think that idling was ever an acceptable practice.
That's what happens when a massive issue is completely ignored for nine months after launch. What do you expect?

MrBig

Decom said:
Yes, armor resets. The profile render on b.net doesn't update besides once a day or something like that, and only if you have played a game.

They'll even reset your armor and rank while you're in the middle of a game. Back when Reach came out and there were some glitches with the servers recalling player information I was playing some customs and during a FFA game on Countdown everyone suddenly turned black with default armor. Eventually people got their rank and armor and color back one by one. Hilarity ensued as they were singled out.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Team One:

Nutter (Captain)
Ram
Trasher
Xenolock
Omlet
Thermite

Team Two:

Tashi (Captain)
Juices
KyleJ
Ken/Chocopolka
Tawpgun
Bread/DCot

Super Team:

Undecided

Ok guys. Congrats to those that made it. Sorry to those that didn't. Thanks to all that participated. If you guys didn't get a chance to try out, I apologize. Ok guys, you know the teams now. Add whoever you have to add to your list. Please try to play with your teammates as often as possible. I guess we can start Team 1 vs Team 2 practices tomorrow or even tonight.

Bread

Banned
good games today gaf

I was dying when trasher and tashi were commentating their games, I want to go into matchmaking games and do that to hear the reactions of the people on my team.

edit: oh nice thanks for the add tashi! I'll definitely be around tonight and tomorrow to practice with the team.

Tashi0106 said:
Team One:

Nutter (Captain)
Ram
Trasher
Xenolock
Omlet
Thermite

Team Two:

Tashi (Captain)
Juices
KyleJ
Ken/Chocopolka
Tawpgun
Bread/DCot

Super Team:

Undecided

Ok guys. Congrats to those that made it. Sorry to those that didn't. Thanks to all that participated. If you guys didn't get a chance to try out, I apologize. Ok guys, you know the teams now. Add whoever you have to add to your list. Please try to play with your teammates as often as possible. I guess we can start Team 1 vs Team 2 practices tomorrow or even tonight.

BUT, BUT TASHI WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Hahah jk, Darth, Topgun, and my self were on fire today.

Topgun represent GAF and A27!

Tashi0106 said:
Team One:

Nutter (Captain)
Ram
Trasher
Xenolock
Omlet
Thermite

Team Two:

Tashi (Captain)
Juices
KyleJ
Ken/Chocopolka
Tawpgun
Bread/DCot

Super Team:

Undecided

Congrats guys! Go GAF! Don't let us down.

I guess we can start Team 1 vs Team 2 practices tomorrow or even tonight.
Suggesting to keep game films and streams on the DL in case the competition is lurking your strats, haha.

kylej

Banned
I'm booking an hour lecture with Pistola right now. I want Team 2 to be there and take notes. We could use a mentor in times like this.

Trasher

Bread said:
good games today gaf

I was dying when trasher and tashi were commentating their games, I want to go into matchmaking games and do that to hear the reactions of the people on my team.

edit: oh nice thanks for the add tashi! I'll definitely be around tonight and tomorrow to practice with the team.
Hopping on board with TJ Shotgun!

Puckett2.jpg

feel

Holy shit why is the last Halo 3 map pack still 800 points?? Does odst even cost $10 by now? Was thinking of redownloading all the map packs, buying the last 3 maps, and then buying the digital version of Halo 3 for convenience but gotayum! (digital version of the complete MP disc that came with odst is not on GoD right?)

Blue Ninja said:
I feel bad for BlueRunner over at HBO getting a credit ban just because he let his son play, though. Hope it gets resolved for him.
That picture of the kids is awesome. :)

Sucks for the guy, I don't see Bungie resolving it unless they want a million of fake stories to pop up around the internet.

Decom said:

I'm sure in most cases those individuals who would go to such lengths to cheat the system place much more value in that fancy little symbol next to their GT's than some armor pieces. Nothing like conning your piers into thinking how l33t you are despite having about half as many kills as they do.

neclas

xxxstylzxxx said:
I'm sure in most cases those individuals who would go to such lengths to cheat the system place much more value in that fancy little symbol next to their GT's than some armor pieces. Nothing like conning your piers into thinking how l33t you are despite having about half as many kills as they do.
That's a good point, didn't really think about that (since it seems silly, to me). Still, I'd have to think that some of them did it for the armor. But whatever, not really my problem.

Letters said:
Holy shit why is the last Halo 3 map pack still 800 points?? Does odst even cost $10 by now? Was thinking of redownloading all the map packs, buying the last 3 maps, and then buying the digital version of Halo 3 for convenience but gotayum! (digital version of the complete MP disc that came with odst is not on GoD right?)
Halo 3 (GoD or install) runs like crap from the hard drive. If you go through with this plan run the game from a USB drive.

Top Bottom