• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Jironimo said:
I'm assuming it's TJ Ram, TJ NutterB, TJ Capt Blood, Tashi. So who else is on team NeoGAF?
Team One:

Nutter (Captain)
Ram
Trasher
Xenolock
Omlet
Thermite

Team Two:

Tashi (Captain)
Juices
KyleJ
Ken/Chocopolka
Tawpgun
Bread/DCot

Who are these guys anyway??

Edit: vhfive, it's a team effort bro :p

vhfive

Trasher said:
Blood isn't on the team. The team was posted like within the last couple pages.
yea Blood doesn't play Halo anymore

and Jironimo here's our team

Tashi0106 said:
Team One:

Nutter (Captain)
Ram
Trasher
Xenolock
Omlet
Thermite

Team Two:

Tashi (Captain)
Juices
KyleJ
Ken/Chocopolka
Tawpgun
Bread/DCot

Super Team:

Undecided

Ok guys. Congrats to those that made it. Sorry to those that didn't. Thanks to all that participated. If you guys didn't get a chance to try out, I apologize. Ok guys, you know the teams now. Add whoever you have to add to your list. Please try to play with your teammates as often as possible. I guess we can start Team 1 vs Team 2 practices tomorrow or even tonight.

EDIT: fuck you Hydra

Jironimo

Neo Member
vhfive said:
yea Blood doesn't play Halo anymore

and Jironimo here's our team

EDIT: fuck you Hydra
Those teams have some serious fire power. Ram, I don't know what you're so worried about I don't think anyone else really has a chance.

vhfive are you not playing?

Goddamn, just finished my 'Age of Gratitude'-writeup. In true Ninja fashion, it's pretty longish. :lol Now just need to get someone to proofread.

feel

Tashi0106 said:
I got the live stream in glorious 320x180 lol :/...wanna cook up a JTV channel banner for this tournament letters??
Cool! And sorry can't, my brother borrowed my laptop for his europe trip, I'm mobile only right now, won't have access to Photoshop for a couple weeks. Clueless about the date of the start of this tourney though, but I'm guessing very soon?

Trasher

Jironimo said:
Those teams have some serious fire power. Ram, I don't know what you're so worried about I don't think anyone else really has a chance.

vhfive are you not playing?
He's not worried. He's just concerned about people not obeying the rules of the tournament. That would somewhat ruin the whole thing.

Bread

Banned
My macbook's screen seems like it's dying, so I might not be posting here much tonight, I'll be on to play after the Bruins game is over though.

Tawpgun

Alright, just knocked out L.D. Winter and the Weekly in one go.
and by one go I mean multiple save-quits-resumes

Anyone want to hop on and help me practice for the tourney?
The new
Team 2?

Hitmonchan107 said:
No problem. It'll give me something to do until work time.
All right. As fluent as I am at it, English isn't my native language, so I'm pretty worried about all kinds of tiny errors slipping in.

Trasher

Blue Ninja said:
All right. As fluent as I am at it, English isn't my native language, so I'm pretty worried about all kinds of tiny errors slipping in.
What the hell topic are you two talking about?

Bread

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:

The new
Team 2?
I'm down, I'll send you a message when I get on.

Jironimo

Neo Member
Trasher said:
He's not worried. He's just concerned about people not obeying the rules of the tournament. That would somewhat ruin the whole thing.
I can see that, but taking it upon yourself to be the halo tournie police is a little overkill. Then again you guys held tryouts so clearly this is much more serious business over here.

You guys better hope you live up to the hype. How does it feel to be the Miami Heat?

Trasher

Jironimo said:
I can see that, but taking it upon yourself to be the halo tournie police is a little overkill. Then again you guys held tryouts so clearly this is much more serious business over here.

You guys better hope you live up to the hype. How does it feel to be the Miami Heat?
Better than the Cavs.
aka you guys lawl

Jironimo said:

We had tryouts so everyone in our community that wanted to try out had a fair chance to. We even have a list of people who just want to have fun by playing in the custom games.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Jironimo said:

We held tryouts to give everyone a chance to have a crack at it. Try to give the lesser known Juniors a chance to be involved in the community. I could have easily built a 6 man team and gotten it over with.

Miami Heat? Lol maybe. Actually that would be like if we got Ogre 2 a GAF account and paid him to be on the team :lol

Ramirez

Jironimo said:

Hide behind your little "this is for fun!" comment all you want, it obviously matters to you or your top team would be compromised of people we've actually heard of at AJ like Merguson, Major Hayes, Valor, etc.

Trasher hit it on the head, there's no point in recruiting people for a community tournament, if you're gonna do that, might as well open it to all teams of 6 so some guys from MLG.com can poop on everyone.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Letters said:
Cool! And sorry can't, my brother borrowed my laptop for his europe trip, I'm mobile only right now, won't have access to Photoshop for a couple weeks. Clueless about the date of the start of this tourney though, but I'm guessing very soon?
Ahhhh ok. Bummer.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
EliteLove.jpg

Ken

A27 Tawpgun said:

The new
Team 2?
Just got out of my last class. Will try to jump online after a quick shower.

Trasher

When did Team Slayer become all custom forge maps? I don't even know half of these maps.

Someone get on. I'm tired of playing by myself. :(

Jironimo

Neo Member
Ramirez said:
Hide behind your little "this is for fun!" comment all you want, it obviously matters to you or your top team would be compromised of people we've actually heard of at AJ like Merguson, Major Hayes, Valor, etc.

Trasher hit it on the head, there's no point in recruiting people for a community tournament, if you're gonna do that, might as well open it to all teams of 6 so some guys from MLG.com can poop on everyone.
People you've heard of at AJ? Dude, this is your problem the world doesn't revolve around you and who you've heard of. Just because you didn't know that Axis Alive has been with AJ for 4 years doesn't mean he's not a legit community member. Just because we have other people who don't come on gaf doesn't mean they're not legit either. I want to have Merg and Valor but if they don't want to play Halo I can't force them to be part of the team. We've asked Merg several times to sign up to be on the team.

I just want to put a decent team out there. Recruit was really just a bad choice of words on my part because all I meant by that was "ask" people we play with. The only thing I've done for this tournie is ask some friends and put up a thread on AJ. No tryouts, no practices, no Halo policing of other teams. It's serious business to you but for some twisted reason you want to turn it around and make it about me.

Top Bottom