• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dani said:
Out DMR-ed Tashi for the first and last time ever. My life is complete.
Everyone's been out BRing me lately. What's happening to me!?!?!? Lol

Also Dani, you were shitting grenades out like 5 seconds after you died lol

Striker

Merguson said:
13 individual playlists in Halo 3.
18 individual playlists NOT including the Firefight/ Campaign playlists in Halo: Reach.

I know people like their options and all that but I think we could trim down the number..
Halo 3 had an awful lot at one point. Trimmed down once they killed Ranked playlists, for example BTB, Team Objective, & later Team Throwback lol.

Whats this Xbox Live update? Anyone getting on for my morning warmups.

After I sleep today I'll be on all night for the next 3 days too. Lets get some practice in Team 2.

Hey You

Trasher said:
So render minutes expire? That sucks...
Yep, the ones you get every month. If you purchase some from the Amazon store, they do not expire.

xxjuicesxx said:
Whats this Xbox Live update? Anyone getting on for my morning warmups.

After I sleep today I'll be on all night for the next 3 days too. Lets get some practice in Team 2.
Details

Mazer Rackham said:
the tryouts made me kinda enjoy Reach again, is it worth buying the new maps? is one map pack superior to the other?

Noble has one good 4v4 map (Anchor 9) a BTB map that is also a framerate lag free forge map (Tempest) and a good Invasion map (Breakpoint)

Defiant has an amazing BTB map (Highlands), a decent 4v4 map (Condemned) and a really good firefight map (Unearthed).

The Real Napsta said:
Noble has one good 4v4 map (Anchor 9) a BTB map that is also a framerate lag free forge map (Tempest) and a good Invasion map (Breakpoint)

Defiant has an amazing BTB map (Highlands), a decent 4v4 map (Condemned) and a really good firefight map (Unearthed).

thanks Napsta, I like 4v4, so it looks like I'll give the Noble pack a try

Mazer Rackham said:
thanks Napsta, I like 4v4, so it looks like I'll give the Noble pack a try

I would highly recommend the defiant map pack as well. You may not be a firefight guy, but I am betting its only because you have yet to try.
so go on, be a firefight guy :D

Genesis Knight said:
I'm hungry for a new DLC pack.

I think 343 is going to announce a DLC pack on E3, but one thing that I haven't seen being discussed here recently, is the possibilety of a campaign DLC pack. Maybe a mini campaign featuring Jun and his faith in 4 levels? Then we could get 2 multiplayer maps with it for around 2000 space bucks.

I think it woudl be a good chance for 343 to show what they are capable of, story and gameplay whise.

Ken

Tha Robbertster said:
I think 343 is going to announce a DLC pack on E3, but one thing that I haven't seen being discussed here recently, is the possibilety of a campaign DLC pack. Maybe a mini campaign featuring Jun and his faith in 4 levels? Then we could get 2 multiplayer maps with it for around 2000 space bucks.

I think it woudl be a good chance for 343 to show what they are capable of, story and gameplay whise.

Guest-65: In the past when releasing DLC, it has always been geared towards multiplayer. Have you ever considered maybe an extra add on single player experience?
BrianJd: There aren't any current plans for additional single player content post-launch - the game wasn't really built in a way to allow for that.

From that Best Buy chat awhile back before launch I think.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing another release like ODST (Halo Reach: ODST?) with a $20 to $30 price tag and that they won't try to justify a $60 price tag by including the multiplayer suite and all DLC again.

Crucio

Bungie has always been one to expand their multiplayer experiences. Halo has never been built to accomodate single player add-ons.
At least 343 is bound to announce some DLC for E3 or PAX.

I wonder if Mass Effect 2: Arrival was successful? Perhaps it'll start a trend.

Ken

Crucio said:

Aside from setting up ME3, I heard it was short, terrible, and isn't composed of the things that made ME2 great. How it did in sales, I have no idea.

Crucio said:
Bungie has always been one to expand their multiplayer experiences. Halo has never been built to accomodate single player add-ons.
At least 343 is bound to announce some DLC for E3 or PAX.

I wish we were allowed to know DLC sales.

Tawpgun

Striker said:
Halo 3 had an awful lot at one point. Trimmed down once they killed Ranked playlists, for example BTB, Team Objective, & later Team Throwback lol.

BRING BACK TEAM TACTICAL!

I'll be on around 4 EST for practice

I have to say, I've actually been enjoying most of my games in BTB as of late. I'm not entirely sure why, but I think not having to play half my games on boneyard is definitely helping.

Ken said:

However, I wouldn't mind seeing another release like ODST (Halo Reach: ODST?) with a $20 to $30 price tag and that they won't try to justify a $60 price tag by including the multiplayer suite and all DLC again.

But that was Brain Jerrard right? 343 could have completely different plans for Halo's DLC couldn't they?

Hey You

Tha Robbertster said:
But that was Brain Jerrard right? 343 could have completely different plans for Halo's DLC couldn't they?
Well he did say the game wasn't really built to support campaign DLC. It could happen, but they probably wouldn't make as much money on Campaign DLC as they would on multiplayer.

Tha Robbertster said:

Yes, but what he is showing is that Brian basically stated that you can't add single player DLC to the game, its not possible.

^^beaten

Tha Robbertster said:
But that was Brain Jarrard right? 343 could have completely different plans for Halo's DLC couldn't they?

I think the point was that Halo: Reach wasn't built with the framework for adding Campaign DLC.

Edit: Damn. Double beatdown.

I wonder if the BWU tomorrow is going to be super-sized... fingers crossed for playlist update details.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Ken said:

They won't and shouldn't do or think like that. ODST was worth more than 60 bucks.

ncsuDuncan said:
I think the point was that Halo: Reach wasn't built with the framework for adding Campaign DLC.

Edit: Damn. Double beatdown.

I wonder if the BWU tomorrow is going to be super-sized... fingers crossed for playlist update details.

Gotta get some June update goods tomorrow. I wonder if the update will come out the 31st or the 7th...

Oow okay guys, I read over that last sentence :p

A shame though and that makes me wonder, how will they cover Jun's story if not in a campaign DLC? I'd be pretty disapointed if they'd just let the gap open..

GhaleonEB

Steelyuhas said:
Gotta get some June update goods tomorrow. I wonder if the update will come out the 31st or the 7th...
I'm salivating at the incoming Firefight changes, some of which I know, some I don't (the details of the Doubles playlist.)

Tawpgun

For people who didn't have Halo 3, ODST was an incredible deal.

For the people who bought all DLC, it was a shit deal. Should have been under $40.

GhaleonEB

Anyone have a recently snagged full size picture of a B.O.B.? I need one for an article I hope to publish today but might not have time to chase down on my own in time.

Genesis Knight said:
Wut? You crazy son.
Seriously, how do you figure?

Gonna assume he means because he felt it was a solid and complete retail single player game (which I agree with). Then you add on the fact it had all of Halo 3's multiplayer + DLC maps even including some only on that disc, pretty good value overall.

A27 Tawpgun said:
For people who didn't have Halo 3, ODST was an incredible deal.

For the people who bought all DLC, it was a shit deal. Should have been under $40.
I still thought it was a good deal, honestly, I've paid 60 euro for games that I played 10 times less and were about the same lenght without survival modes which nobody complained about if I remember correctly.

and @GhaleonEB:
is this one good enough? http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=8161820&player=Robbert014

There is a spartan in the pic but I you nearly see the complete B.O.B.

MrBig

GhaleonEB said:
Anyone have a recently snagged full size picture of a B.O.B.? I need one for an article I hope to publish today but might not have time to chase down on my own in time.
I'm going to do the weekly in a few minutes, I'll grab one if you need it.

Crucio

Tha Robbertster said:
Oow okay guys, I read over that last sentence :p

A shame though and that makes me wonder, how will they cover Jun's story if not in a campaign DLC? I'd be pretty disapointed if they'd just let the gap open..
I doubt they'll officialy try to tie cannon with Jun's story. But there is a GREAT alternative, its a fan made graphic novel(ongoing) called Fistful of Arrows which coincidentally deals with Jun's story. Give it a read!

Louis Wu

GhaleonEB said:
You've been answered, but this is a great shot.

GhaleonEB

Louis Wu said:
You've been answered, but this is a great shot.
I was looking for a good (standard widescreen) shot from someone to use from whom I had permission; I don't want to snag some shot from a source or person and have them accuse me of stealing it.

Thanks for looking for it, Big.

Great shots, though. I'll just do a quick run through a level to their spawn location tonight and add it before (hopefully) publishing.

Louis Wu

GhaleonEB said:
I was looking for a good (standard widescreen) shot from someone to use from whom I had permission; I don't want to snag some shot from a source or person and have them accuse me of stealing it.
Hedge has already said that his shots are usable by anyone - and they're hosted by me. But I understand that's not a standard widescreen shot.

I'll see if I can get one for you, though. Save you the trouble. :)

Top Bottom