• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:
What really sucks is that in the flag game, we had their flag extremely close to the cap spot and I had managed to stop their 3rd cap, almost tied it. :( They definitely had their BTB obj. down to a science, they had our rockets/snipe pretty much the whole match. They were pretty average at slayer, the host was terrible, and I was out of the match to give them a 15 point lead. /sadface

Who is Gamesager?

Damn man, I wanted to win that last game so badly. I had sniper with 30 seconds to go down 3 and I come around a corner where they're all at. One guy is hiding and assassinates me. I was so mad that it ended like that. I didn't get a real chance. :/

Ramirez

Link to the final games? I'm assuming they were full of vehicles. Next tournament should focus on smaller teams, each community could put forth a set number of 4 member teams, cut out the vehicle bologna.

Tunavi

Banned
Ramirez said:
I have no clue man, I dropped out of almost every game tonight. :| Internet is perfect until I actually want it to be stable for something.

Dude has 149K kills? Good lord, go outside. 90k of them are Banshee bombs, lol. smh

I'll tell ya one thing, as soon as the games got competitive tonight my enjoyment went down to about 0, this game makes me rage so hard against good people, unhealthy rage. :p
90,000 in the banshee

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Ramirez said:
Link to the final games? I'm assuming they were full of vehicles. Next tournament should focus on smaller teams, each community could put forth a set number of 4 member teams, cut out the vehicle bologna.

6 Per team seems like a compromise between smaller games and whacky BTB shenanigans. Considering the response from various communities, a very welcome one.

MrBig

A27 Tawpgun said:
Man I still say Hitmonchan and Duncan should recieve something for organizing this.

Also, Meta Halo wins the whole thing. Even though they used scorpions in a match... How clear are the rules on gametypes? Because if it clearly says only current matchmaking offerings then DQ them. If its a bit more ambiguous, let them have the win. They're pretty good anyway. Even if they did play dirty.
They would have won in any case. They seem to be the kind of team that play to win and cannot possibly have it any other way.

The tournament is open to any community, of course, but I don't like seeing a team take the enjoyment out of the game for their opponents, the same way that they ruin BTB experiences.

Tashi

Dani said:
6 Per team seems like a compromise between smaller games and whacky BTB shenanigans. Considering the response from various communities, a very welcome one.

Ehhh I would prefer that they're either small 4v4 or big 8v8. I felt like some maps I played were a little too big or a little too crowded. I'm not saying good maps for 6v6 don't exist, I just didn't really play any tonight.

Thermite

Ramirez said:

Yeah, I really would have liked to play on Powerhouse, Countdown, Zealot, Anchor 9, and hell, even Asylum tonight. Doing Boardwalk over and over again just to avoid overly gigantic maps and vehicles was kinda lame..

Tawpgun

Still, it was a fun time.

So I didn't get a response yet? Does everyone else want to scrim Schooly D for 3rd sometime later?

MrBig said:
They would have won in any case. They seem to be the kind of team that play to win and cannot possibly have it any other way.

The tournament is open to any community, of course, but I don't like seeing a team take the enjoyment out of the game for their opponents, the same way that they ruin BTB experiences.

Well thats what we did to every other team in it that we played. They were just better at it.

Thank you guys so much for coming out and playing. I'm sorry you guys didn't win it all, but I'm glad you enjoyed it, nonetheless.

A special thanks to Tashi for streaming the event. Those were amazing games.

Booshka

MrBig said:

It's a Tournament, you are supposed to play to win. It sucks to lose in any game, but in Halo it can be downright demoralizing to get dominated, it's just the way the game is designed that can lead to infuriating experiences. But, it's what can happen and it seems like the biggest issue is the gametype selection.

The gametypes should be decided upon ahead of time, created by one person and file shared, then downloaded by all members of the tournament. This way there is no issue with gametypes, and hopefully no shenanigans like custom gametypes that benefit your teams playstyle. Reach MM gametypes are not on a whole balanced, so teams will find exploits and abuse them to win. Fix the gametypes to make it more fair, don't bitch at a team for playing to win within the rule set. The custom gametype selection is a whole different issue.

Yeah, the stream was really great to watch.

Next time Tashi has to play on Team 1 and Team 2. Also Team 3. For every community.

We can even charge $$$ for the stream and then make it lag horribly and drop out to get that authentic MLG feel.

Thanks for playing, guys. I'm glad we avoided a GAF meltdown, I haven't seen halogaf_civilwar.gif even once tonight. ;)

Ramirez

ncsuDuncan said:
Yeah, the stream was really great to watch.

Next time Tashi has to play on Team 1 and Team 2. Also Team 3. For every community.

We can even charge $$$ for the stream and then make it lag horribly and drop out to get that authentic MLG feel.

Thanks for playing, guys. I'm glad we avoided a GAF meltdown, I haven't seen halogaf_civilwar.gif even once tonight. ;)

There was definitely a SFU civil war after their first match, heh.

feel

Dammit, didn't realize this was today.

Shame about GAF's chosen being shit and fucking up like this. WTF GUYS??
:p you guys were also mean to Team 1&3 back when we played Bungie

wanna see that Tashi snipe, if possible with (fake) crowd reaction noise edited in for maximum awesome

Ramirez

Hydranockz said:
This is a story begging to be told.

lol, they were just cussing each other, particularly one guy who kept going like -7 in all the games. He eventually told all of his teammates that they were nerds who didn't have lives outside of Halo, heh.

Ramirez said:
lol, they were just cussing each other, particularly one guy who kept going like -7 in all the games. He eventually told all of his teammates that they were nerds who didn't have lives outside of Halo, heh.
So, you opened their eyes? :p

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Ramirez said:

There's a life outside of Halo? WTF?

Tashi

<3

And yea, as soon as we lost that game I got right on Street Fighter lol. I just ordered a new controller though so I'm pretty excited. Might be planning a trip to MLG Anaheim. *fingers crossed*

Jironimo

Neo Member
Zeouterlimits said:
The build up to the shown down continues.
It would have been cool. Too bad Master Theory came around and ruined both of our teams' ambitions.

Ramirez said:
AJ's ringers carrying them or what?

lol
You should have been more worried about your ISP and not being the Reach police.

lol

Striker

They should just make the premier Slayer variant in Classic simply Needle Rifle/AR. And Prolonged, Noble Creek, and Prophet, while pretty damn good maps in my view, need a rebalance of their appearances. If only they could set it up like Slayer-CTF/Assault-Oddball/KotH.

Ramirez

Jironimo said:
It would have been cool. Too bad Master Theory came around and ruined both of our teams' ambitions.

You should have been more worried about your ISP and not being the Reach police.

lol

i no rite

Tunavi said:

Wow.

The guy has played 190 games in Team Objective with a 4.44 K/D, but has only won 32% of those games. Guessing he hasn't even heard of playing the actual gametype.

He also has an 18 K/D in the Noble Playlist. How's the banshee on Breakpoint? 88% of his kills in that playlist are the banshee bomb (29,000).

He has played 43 days of competitive playlists. 43 DAYS

sweet edit: Watching the stream of the tourney had me itching to play some Reach, so naturally I'm at my parents place this weekend. I'll be back to my place Monday afternoon and some Reach will be played (I'm sure there will be another campaign weekly challenge as a reward...).

Tunavi said:
Yeah but he's good on foot too. He's lost 1 squad slayer game out of 122.

oh my god GTA san andreas is so good

Yeah he is in the top 1% of arena for this season as well. Not saying he's not a good player, but his matchmaking habits are a bit ridiculous haha.

Plywood said:
Temptation.

I have never seen tempation in mathmaking? What it is and what playlist?

Tunavi

Banned
Steelyuhas said:
Yeah he is in the top 1% of arena for this season as well. Not saying he's not a good player, but his matchmaking habits are a bit ridiculous haha.
lol you beat my stealth edit. Yeah, I guess he deserves to win this tournament. He's good.

fucking tryhard

Tunavi said:
lol you beat my stealth edit. Yeah, I guess he deserves to win this tournament. He's good.

fucking tryhard

Yeah lol I was just more astonished more than anything how much he plays the game? I don't care how good a game is, I don't understand how someone could spend that much time playing a game.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Steelyuhas said:
I have never seen tempation in mathmaking? What it is and what playlist?
Big Team Battle.

It's literally Tempest with sky structures in the middle and two banshees. Awful, awful map. Also the framerate is terrible.

Plywood said:
Big Team Battle.

It's literally Tempest with sky structures in the middle and two banshees. Awful, awful map. Also the framerate is terrible.

DLC map in BTB you say? I'll never see it.

Seriously though two banshees (or any) on Tempest sounds horrible. How was that put in matchmaking?

*wakes up and immediately checks iPod*
Nooooo.jpg

Comiserations guys, ye did an amazing job tonight, ye should be proud. :)

Going by my GoT image I guess that means that the Greyjoys win.

Sorry to hear you didn't win GAF, I came down this morning hoping to see a thread full of rejoiciing, but well done for getting so far!

Massive kudos to Hitmonchan and nscuDuncan for organising this - the games I played were some of the best in Halo Reach I've ever had the pleasure to enjoy!

Feel free to do another Community Tournament soon!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Zeouterlimits said:
Going by my GoT image I guess that means that the Greyjoys win.
Seven hells.

Also where did you get Greyjoys? I see no kraken.
Steelyuhas said:
Seriously though two banshees (or any) on Tempest sounds horrible. How was that put in matchmaking?
Executive decisions made by the top brass of the company.

Plywood said:
Seven hells.

Also where did you get Greyjoys? I see no kraken.
Gamesager? Or is he Floras?
Considering it's now Greyjoy VS Tyrell. EDIT : In reference to the final of the tournament, not ASoI&F spoiler, I wouldn't know, I haven't read them all.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Zeouterlimits said:
In case you're serious (just awake, can't tell) I'm not spoiling anything.
I haven't finished reading book 1 of the series(I intend to burn through them now because of a contest) and I haven't seen the latest episode yet. So I wasn't sure if you were.

Top Bottom