• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Anyone want to upload that game to theyre file share? I would love to see what happened? I didnt watch the stream.

Tashi, how long does it take till your stream saves it?

Cant believe how many people have been on tonight, its crazy to see so many communities involves like this. Semi finals are pretty good, and from the sounds of it Gaf could have brought it back if there wernt technical issues. :p

Fantastic matches guys. The lead they had against ye at the start was pretty large but ye brought it back to 3.... and then all we could hear was "30 seconds remaining".

That snipe was crazy.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Trasher said:
GGs all.

Sorry, GAF. We tried. :(
gawd

The Tempest camping showed how broken Tempest spawns are, they just stood on the rock the whole damn time and we just stood stuck spawning in the back of our uphill base.

bleh

Oh well.

Ramirez

Worst internet ever. They were up by like 15 by the time I got back in and we almost won, meh. You guys should have just ended the game when I dropped, it was like 1 second into the match. :(

bobs99 ... said:
Cant believe how many people have been on tonight, its crazy to see so many communities involves like this. Semi finals are pretty good, and from the sounds of it Gaf could have brought it back if there wernt technical issues. :p
Serious props to Hitmonchan and Duncan. The amount of people I knew that were on Reach tonight was pretty crazy. I managed to play with bsangel and lybertyboy which was great and the turnout seems to have been great. It was definitely a much needed boost for all the communities.

Nutter

Thermite said:
Yeah, Master Theory is pretty damn good. It was fun, though. Good shit from everyone involved. :)
Yup they are good, the only thing I didnt like was that they were evading out of their death at times. Which for a match already being played on an international host was pretty damn frustrating.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Nutter said:
Yup they are good, the only thing I didnt like was that they were evading out of their death at times. Which for a match already being played on an international host was pretty damn frustrating.
Evade is rage inducing.

Nutter

Plywood said:
Evade is rage inducing.
Seriously, even more rage inducing than Armor Lock.

With AL, the person is just delaying the inevitable, but evade you can just bail out all together. Seriously.. that... shouldnt.... happen!

Plywood said:
Evade is rage inducing.

Yeah it really should be removed. It works well for Elites in Invasion (or elites in Covy Slayer), but in other gametypes with Spartans it doesn't work very well.

Nutter said:
Seriously, even more rage inducing than Armor Lock.

With AL, the person is just delaying the inevitable, but evade you can just bail out all together. Seriously.. that... shouldnt.... happen!

Yeah on a map like Zealot a good Evader (?) can pretty much get away from any fight that they get shots down on.

MrBig

So one of the teams was apparently using their own gametypes. Including hemo with scorpions, and then using both teams scorpions to control the map.

Tawpgun

MrBig said:
So one of the teams was apparently using their own gametypes. Including hemo with scorpions, and then using both teams scorpions to control the map.
Not Master Theory/Meta Halo right?

Who was it?

Tunavi said:
thats on the disk dood
Criteria is it has to be in matchmaking, barring stuff like invasion, Action sack, classic, and MLG.

MrBig said:

Confirmed: All teams other than GAF cheated, GAF crowned the victors, and eternal glory.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Booshka said:
So you played gametypes where Evade was a Loadout? That sucks
Yeah on Tempest on Blue Side where there's this high ass giant rock the enemy team can just camp and shoot you from where as everywhere you spawn is down below them. It would have been less of a big deal if I would've spawned at the Pelican or something but no, we just kept spawning in our base with three to four on us a time.
Steelyuhas said:
Yeah it really should be removed. It works well for Elites in Invasion (or elites in Covy Slayer), but in other gametypes with Spartans it doesn't work very well.
It works for Elites cause of how big they are.

Nutter

MrBig said:
If this tourney happens again we need some clear rules on gametypes and loadouts

MrBig

Steelyuhas said:
Confirmed: All teams other than GAF cheated, GAF crowned the victors, and eternal glory.
It was metahalo, GAF didn't match with them. They were talking about them in customs.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Good games to all that played in the tournament. Thanks to everyone from GAF that played. I hope you guys had fun. I know I did. Thanks to Hitmon and Duncan for running this thing. You guys did a great job, for real. I'm disappointed in the placing, I know we could have won this whole thing but they were good games. Thanks for letting me run this thing on the GAF side, it was a lot of fun.

Thanks to those that watched the stream. Again, sorry the quality is shitty. It'll get better when I upgrade my equipment. :)

Tunavi said:
thats on the disk dood

The idea was to use the current matchmaking offerings, but that kind of fell through.

If we ever do another one of these (god help us) I think I'd have the gametypes and maps set before hand. Like every match is
Game 1: Slayer DMRs on Countdown
Game 2: 2-flag on Arena Zealot
Game 3: Invasion Slayer on Hemorrhage Slayer on Temptation Grifball Slayer on Boardwalk?

Tawpgun

ncsuDuncan said:
The idea was to use the current matchmaking offerings, but that kind of fell through.

If we ever do another one of these (god help us) I think I'd have the gametypes and maps set before hand. Like every match is
Game 3: Invasion Slayer on Hemorrhage Slayer on Temptation Grifball Slayer on Boardwalk?

Not sure about them being set games, but just create a pool of gametypes and maps to choose from, making sure that all objective games/BTB maps are to be played DMR starts.

Hell make the entire tournament mandatory DMR starts.

ncsuDuncan said:

Good idea. I'd make HaloComSlayer, HaloComCTF and HaloCombomb gametypes and let them pick the maps even.

Is there any checking of what constitutes a community? None of these teams were just a bunch of friends that don't have a site or anything, right?

Definitely a fantastic night with much to be learned. I look forward to the next instalment of HaloCom!

Tawpgun

Hydranockz said:
Good idea. I'd make HaloComSlayer, HaloComCTF and HaloCombomb gametypes and let them pick the maps even.

Is there any checking of what constitutes a community? None of these teams were just a bunch of friends that don't have a site or anything, right?

Definitely a fantastic night with much to be learned. I look forward to the next instalment of HaloCom!
They were all communities. Some more famous and influential than others...

DiabolicalBagel said:

Wow. Tanks WERE used.

I dunno. They might be good enough and probably are, but that is bullshit.

Ramirez

What really sucks is that in the flag game, we had their flag extremely close to the cap spot and I had managed to stop their 3rd cap, almost tied it. :( They definitely had their BTB obj. down to a science, they had our rockets/snipe pretty much the whole match. They were pretty average at slayer, the host was terrible, and I was out of the match to give them a 15 point lead. /sadface

Who is Gamesager?

Ramirez said:
What really sucks is that in the flag game, we had their flag extremely close to the cap spot and I had managed to stop their 3rd cap, almost tied it. :( They definitely had their BTB obj. down to a science, they had our rockets/snipe pretty much the whole match. They were pretty average at slayer, the host was terrible, and I was out of the match to give them a 15 point lead. /sadface

Who is Gamesager?

What happened that you have started having connection issues?

Gamesager is a man who whores BTB with a legit team and has 91K Banshee kills. But the Banshee ISNT OVERPOWERED RIGHT GAF?

Fuck vehicles.

Ramirez

Captain Blood said:
What happened that you have started having connection issues?

I have no clue man, I dropped out of almost every game tonight. :| Internet is perfect until I actually want it to be stable for something.

Dude has 149K kills? Good lord, go outside. 90k of them are Banshee bombs, lol. smh

I'll tell ya one thing, as soon as the games got competitive tonight my enjoyment went down to about 0, this game makes me rage so hard against good people, unhealthy rage. :p

pakkit

Banned
Hey, it's been awhile. I've been getting back into the swing of things, Halo-wise. It's always fun to return after a hiatus and see how much Bungie has changed up the playlists.

Tawpgun

Man I still say Hitmonchan and Duncan should recieve something for organizing this.

Also, Meta Halo wins the whole thing. Even though they used scorpions in a match... How clear are the rules on gametypes? Because if it clearly says only current matchmaking offerings then DQ them. If its a bit more ambiguous, let them have the win. They're pretty good anyway. Even if they did play dirty.

Top Bottom