• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Looks like I didn't win the contest! :lol :lol

If those people are indicative of 1UP's community, I'm glad I didn't win. Thanks to everyone for your support, though. I'm truly grateful.

My girlfriend and I were eating pizza at a nearby town when I checked on the blog from my phone. I nearly died when I saw the 43 thumbs on it. And it made the pizza taste better, so thanks for that, too. :lol

I just wish I could find the winning blog so I can congratulate him/her.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Sorry for going OT, but it's just a quick question: my laptop has an HDMI port on the side so could I use an HDMI cable to connect it to my HDTV so I can watch and hear my laptop content on my TV?

Ken

Domino Theory said:
Sorry for going OT, but it's just a quick question: my laptop has an HDMI port on the side so could I use an HDMI cable to connect it to my HDTV so I can watch and hear my laptop content on my TV?

Yes.

GhaleonEB

lazybones18 said:
Anyone prepared for Pillar of Autumn LASO tomorrow?
It should be the first 20k Challenge, if there's any justice. It'll probably be 18k given the progression, though.

I don't see it being rougher than the Long Night of Solace.

MrBig

So there is an analysis of the first 5 Data Pads, has the next half been written yet? I loved reading the terminals and the Data Pads but I just don't have enough knowledge of the greater Halo story arc to make any connections and expand their story myself.

Domino Theory said:
Yep, audio is included in HDMI, and any audio out from your TV will include it as well, so you can listen to it over your receiver if you have one. If you don't have an HDMI cord, get one off amazon. Been using a 25' cable from there for $10 for the last year.

Striker

Dani said:
Why doubt? It has to be true. Has to be. True.
We can speculate all day on the rumor, but something in 2012 may happen. What big game does MS have up their sleeve? Gears is coming out this Fall, and they usually like to pound out one big exclusive each year.

Dani said:
Gn9w4.jpg

I was going to say something more, but that image pretty much sums it up.

Haven't done a single LASO weekly, so I might as well not do the one for this week. I just hope that once these are done we can get real WEEKLY challenges back not it may take a couple of hours challenges.

Steelyuhas said:
Haven't done a single LASO weekly, so I might as well not do the one for this week. I just hope that once these are done we can get real WEEKLY challenges back not it may take a couple of hours challenges.
"Survive for more than 20 minutes on Lone Wolf LASO" for 20.000 credits. Believe.

Hey You

New gametype options for June include:

Oddball
* Ball Reset Time

CTF
* 3 Flag
* Score value for enemy flags
* Score value for neutral flags
* Score value for killing an enemy
* Score value bonus for killing a flag carrier
* Score value for returning a flag

Hopefully we can see a gametype utilizing these options in Matchmaking.

Louis Wu

Back from a pretty epic weekend...

Sorry you guys didn't win yesterday. (HBO's team did considerably worse, and even Schooly D's team got flattened.) Props to juices for the recognition that teams YOU guys face in regular matchmaking feel pretty shitty when you're done with them. :)

MrBig - yes, you'll be seeing the fruits of that filming in the next few months, I think.

Hey You said:
Hopefully we can see a gametype utilizing these options in Matchmaking.

Nice options for CTF, 3 flag can have some cool setups. I know MLG will be happy about the ball reset option as I believe they stated they don't like the default ball reset time in Reach.

Tunavi

Banned
Hey GAF, I've got some fun clips to show off.

I went into the Defiant playlist and had a lot of fun playing 1 flag condemned, This was my 100th competetive killing frenzy.
Defense Frenzy

Then Breakpoint actually showed up and got voted for. I was pretty excited until I realized I was playing against a full party of good players.

Anyways, I was the only one on my team smart enough to stay in cover and avoid the wraith fire, so everyone else went something like -15. Survival mode was on and this happened.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=18195752&player=Tunavi

Bonus Clip: Slick jetpacking
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=18197553&player=Tunavi

:D

\/
dat "MOTHER FUCKER"
dat team choke
dat snipe

what a good day yesterday was. :)

Tawpgun

Tunavi said:
Hey GAF, I've got some fun clips to show off.

I went into the Defiant playlist and had a lot of fun playing 1 flag condemned, This was my 100th competetive killing frenzy.
Defense Frenzy

Then Breakpoint actually showed up and got voted for. I was pretty excited until I realized I was playing against a full party of good players.

Anyways, I was the only one on my team smart enough to stay in cover and avoid the wraith fire, so everyone else went something like -15. Survival mode was on and this happened.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=18195752&player=Tunavi

Bonus Clip: Slick jetpacking
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=18197553&player=Tunavi

:D
Man, Jetpack is by far the most fun AA to use. It just feels so natural in the Halo gameplay.

Too bad it breaks maps....

EDIT:

http://www.justin.tv/tashiii/b/286892564

Start of video: Hilarious rage at retardo gametype+map.

9:15 for hilarious choke. Watch till end of match.

1:17:15 for Tashi's ridiculous snipe.

Oh wow, just checked out Waypoint and I must say, the UI is damn pretty with bnets game history and stat tracking. Very slick and very nice on the eyes.

^^ That snipe... seriously... just blows my mind every time.

feel

Dani said:
Wow did he get greedy! :lol Kinda adorable if you imagine that little kid hitting that keyboard frantically with a huge smile on his face and then doing pauses looking at the ceiling thinking about more awesome details to add to the OP that everyone will totally fall for, then that unique moment of excitement as he makes the motion towards hitting Submit, and then the eager wait for the first reply (during which time seems to slown down, seconds feeling like minutes), which he is positive will be something in the ballpark of "thank you, can't wait!!" with some kind of smiley face. Sure those first replies where not too bad, but dammit, did the OP need more work he wonders.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Letters said:
Wow did he get greedy! :lol Kinda adorable if you imagine that little kid hitting that keyboard frantically with a huge smile on his face and then doing pauses looking at the ceiling thinking about more awesome details to add to the OP that everyone will totally fall for, then that unique moment of excitement as he makes the motion towards hitting Submit, and then the eager wait for the first reply (during which time seems to slown down, seconds feeling like minutes), which he is positive will be something in the ballpark of "thank you, can't wait!!" with some kind of smiley face. Sure those first replies where not too bad, but dammit, did the OP need more work he wonders.

Moderator Notice: This user has been blacklisted from this forum. Until the user is removed from the blacklist, all posts this user has made have been hidden, and all topics created by this user have been censored.

LOL

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
Moderator Notice: This user has been blacklisted from this forum. Until the user is removed from the blacklist, all posts this user has made have been hidden, and all topics created by this user have been censored.

LOL
Best part: the people believing him, however tentatively.
343i made the right choice!

Now we can be proud of new halo games(If this is real).

Kibbles

Letters said:
KuGsj.gif

Every original multiplayer map (non Halo Wars + DLC) in the Halo series will be in Halo 4
That has got to be on of the most ridiculous things I've heard.

Top Bottom