• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Plywood said:
Learn to make an avatar then we'll care about your clan that didn't even belong in the community tournament.
Small communities are still communities, even if they're more accurately labeled as clans. They deserved to be in the tournament just as much as NeoGAF did. And certainly more than some of the other communities we let participate... [no comment]

C'mon GAF, let's show these TSD punks we mean business.

I know HBO and PMS have a showdown this weekend too...

And I know it's early, but I like making lists:
HaloGAF goes to PAX:
ncsuDuncan
Hitmonchan107
Hypertrooper
GhaleonEB
Louis Wu
Urk (I assume)
Lybertyboy​
Who else?

kylej

Banned
Schooly D said:
Ok, so, as far as I can tell, NeoGAF refuses to put up a 4-man team to challenge TSD. That's fine, and it's understandable given the supreme demolishing our team would have visited upon yours. Our "Train of Pain" as we call it will stop elsewhere.

Going forward, I think you should explicitly designate one person to be in charge of this kind of thing, so when someone challenges you, we don't get these wishy-washy replies and diffusion of responsibility.

The only thing dumber than this post is your name. Get out of here scrub.

Louis Wu said:
I'll be there.
I can meet the Father of the Bungie community. OMG OMG!

Hitmonchan107 said:
Classic. :lol

Speaking of PAX, I still need to find a Saturday badge.

Edit: How many people will be going to PAX all three days?

Edit 2: Is $450 cheap for a flight? I haven't been in a plane since I was 5, so needless to say I didn't pay for it.
I'm asking you: Is $1200 cheap for a flight?

Hey You

Square Enix Products announces new line up of Halo Action figures.

Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas, announced today a series of premium quality action figures including Master Chief from the popular Halo® universe. In commemoration of the tenth anniversary of the HALO franchise, Square Enix Products expands the HALO action figure line beyond the successful HALO: REACH PLAY ARTS -KAI- series in a continued collaboration with 343 Industries.

HALO: COMBAT EVOLVED PLAY ARTS -KAI- MASTER CHIEF (Envisioned by Square Enix Products) is an original take on the Master Chief based on the iconic character from Halo: Combat Evolved. The beloved character is re-imagined with sleek lines common to the sci-fi style, iconic of other Square Enix products. While the characteristics of the Master Chief remain true to the original video game, the added details and minor alterations result in delicately crafted parts with unmatched realism. The robust build adds a sense of fictional reality and massiveness present in Japanese sci-fi entertainment.

In addition to HALO: COMBAT EVOLVED PLAY ARTS -KAI- MASTER CHIEF, Square Enix Products is scheduled to also release a limited edition SPARTAN MARK V (Black). Both figures are slated for a late 2011 release.

The figures will debut at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), taking place at the Los Angeles Convention Center from June 7-9, 2011. Visit booth 1649 for a first look at Square Enix Product’s rendition of the beloved character, sure to be a collectible in the growing line-up of HALO action figures by Square Enix.

Booties

Banned
Schooly D said:
Ok, so, as far as I can tell, NeoGAF refuses to put up a 4-man team to challenge TSD. That's fine, and it's understandable given the supreme demolishing our team would have visited upon yours. Our "Train of Pain" as we call it will stop elsewhere.

Going forward, I think you should explicitly designate one person to be in charge of this kind of thing, so when someone challenges you, we don't get these wishy-washy replies and diffusion of responsibility.

lol schooly D gonna get dumped on by booties

Louis Wu said:
I'll be there.
Awesome! (of course you're going, what was I thinking)

I missed you at PAX East; asked Grim/Jeff about you at dinner Saturday but he said you had already left. Won't let that happen again. ;)

Booties

Banned
kylej said:

Oh and no arena for me today. Working late, probably crashing somewhere in the city. Tomorrow we go undefeated.

Louis Wu

ncsuDuncan said:
I missed you at PAX East; asked Grim/Jeff about you at dinner Saturday but he said you had already left. Won't let that happen again. ;)
I had been really lazy about buying tickets; by the time I looked 3-Days were gone, and so were Saturdays. We came up with Friday tix, but had dinner plans that meant we couldn't stick around the convention center. :)

Thought this was kind of cool:
halo-ages.jpg

Urk, it is sunny, so obviously you want to post that BWU early and go enjoy the weather :p

Willeth

Steelyuhas said:
Thought this was kind of cool:
halo-ages.jpg

Urk, it is sunny, so obviously you want to post that BWU early and go enjoy the weather :p
Thanks, dude. We enjoyed making it. Where did you dig it up, we did it a few months ago... :)

Tunavi

Banned
So the first DLC had an invasion map and the second had a firefight map. The third should have a new forge world map, preferably covenant themed

Tunavi said:
So the first DLC had an invasion map and the second had a firefight map. The third should have a new forge world map, preferably covenant themed
No, we get a new map that can only be viewed in the Theater.

The other two maps will be designed exclusively for the Living Dead playlist.

Plywood said:
Learn to make an avatar then we'll care about your clan that didn't even belong in the community tournament.
kylej said:
You guys for serious? Just play his team, this shit talk is weak and makes GAF look cowardly.

ncsuDuncan said:

And you'll have to delete Noble map pack to get it to work. (I hope that weirdness gets fixed)

Tunavi

Banned
ncsuDuncan said:

lol.

Ken just got mute banned! lol he never talks hahaha

Edit: would have an an overkill extermination with the sword but the last guy sword blocked me. rage.

GhaleonEB

ncsuDuncan said:

How about two BTB, two asymmetric, two symmetric arena style, two FF maps and a new Forge World.

I'm grabby.

#########

Super Jackpot Weekend starts now and runs until Sunday night! Play and complete games in THE ARENA for a chance to win a daily Super Jackpot of 18,000 credits!

These playlists still offer Double Jackpots until the June matchmaking update occurs:
- THE ARENA
- SQUAD SLAYER
- DEFIANT MAP PACK
- DOUBLES ATTACK​

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=61113727

GhaleonEB said:
These playlists still offer Double Jackpots until the June matchmaking update occurs:
- THE ARENA
- SQUAD SLAYER
- DEFIANT MAP PACK
- DOUBLES ATTACK[/INDENT]

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=61113727
So that's why I've been getting an absurd amount of credits. I don't play that long, and I've racked up 150,000 cR in the past two to three days.

It usually takes me forever to do that.

Striker said:
If we get five maps, there better be at least one asymmetrical BTB map, ala Headlong, and at least one 4v4/6v6 asymmetrical map. There's a lack of maps like Zanzibar and Burial Mounds in this game.
Relic or bust.

Striker

GhaleonEB said:
How about two BTB, two asymmetric, two symmetric arena style, two FF maps and a new Forge World.

I'm grabby.
If we get five maps, there better be at least one asymmetrical BTB map, ala Headlong, and at least one 4v4/6v6 asymmetrical map. There's a lack of maps like Zanzibar and Burial Mounds in this game.

GhaleonEB

Tashi0106 said:
When is the next playlist update? I want MLG v4 already...with no glitches this time please
Tuesday. The summary will be in the BWU today.
Hitmonchan107 said:
Relic or bust.
I don't think Relic would work well in Reach. I loved it, but jetpacks + the range of the DMR means it would play, very, very differently. And by differently I mean much worse.

GhaleonEB said:
I don't think Relic would work well in Reach. I loved it, but jetpacks + the range of the DMR means it would play, very, very differently. And by differently I mean much worse. Loved the map, too.
Not to mention my favorite thing to do on Relic was hold the Rockets, grab the Ghost, and go on a splatter spree. Wouldn't be the same with Armor Lock.

(Even if it is more balanced now. I don't mind Armor Lock's anti-splatter capabilities.)

Remake Relic, but only put it in playlists that don't have jetpack. Or just remake Headlong.

Striker

GhaleonEB said:
I don't think Relic would work well in Reach. I loved it, but jetpacks + the range of the DMR means it would play, very, very differently. And by differently I mean much worse.
It would be nice if they, you know, implemented AA's per map basis. One BTB map that would work decently with a Jetpack from Halo 2 would be Terminal. Mostly due to the few ways to get into the parking garage. And seeing a Jetpacker shoot himself into a runaway train would be hilarious.

MrBig

I think some of you might enjoy a project I'm working on, with this talk of objective BTB maps

No, nothing relating to forge

GhaleonEB

Striker said:
It would be nice if they, you know, implemented AA's per map basis. One BTB map that would work decently with a Jetpack from Halo 2 would be Terminal. Mostly due to the few ways to get into the parking garage. And seeing a Jetpacker shoot himself into a runaway train would be hilarious.
This is my real hope for Reach, but I fear that ship has sailed. Tailoring load outs and game types for each map would be ideal in every playlist. But I wonder whether it can even be done; tweaks to game types aimed at single maps get the change applied across all of them (such was the case with some Firefight Arcade changes).

I would really like to see Reflection played without jetpacks. I loved how Ivory Tower flowed, and having dudes jetpack all over it sorta takes away from it.

Striker said:

If AA's and to an extent weapon starts were done on a gametype and map combo basis in matchmaking, it would be an amazing experience.

I think my project tonight will be to set up gametypes/maps with AA pickups on the individual maps. Like MLG but with normal Reach movement/damage.

Are we doing GAF customs tomorrow?

GhaleonEB

Pretty remarkable how much the super jackpot weekends can swat the population. The notice went live an hour ago, and The Arena now has the most players, with 10,604.

Steelyuhas said:
If AA's and to an extent weapon starts were done on a gametype and map combo basis in matchmaking, it would be an amazing experience.
Indeed. This has been a need since Halo 3 (regarding weapon starts on maps among other things) so I just can't fathom that it'll somehow become a priority at this point in the cycle. And now that everyone's used to happily picking whatever load out they want from the laundry list available, they'll likely not restrict load outs as much as they probably should.

I have subscribed to the belief that if they placed AAs on the map as pickups and spawned us with sprint, Reach would've been more Halo-ish and would have made the game more fun and fair. It would keep whole teams from flying all over maps, or 4 guys Armor locking in a circle on countdown, or bubble shield spam on flag games...etc...etc. To see that it is possible and an available option with forge keeps this open as an opportunity to reclaim some of the Reach multiplayer experience. Start with the team slayer playlist (for instance) and work outward from there once it takes root leaving the most load out options in Invasion and BTB.

I got paired against a party of 8 in BTB (halo 3). Assault on sandbox. At the beginning of the game, 2 teammates quit. They get all the powerweapons. 2 other teammates quit. They begin to spawn kill us for the full 15 minutes. I went negative 50......

Just no where to go, 3 BR's pointed at you from spawn. Horrible.

Account Attempt #4 said:
Indeed. This has been a need since Halo 3 (regarding weapon starts on maps among other things) so I just can't fathom that it'll somehow become a priority at this point in the cycle. And now that everyone's used to happily picking whatever load out they want from the laundry list available, they'll likely not restrict load outs as much as they probably should.

I have subscribed to the belief that if they placed AAs on the map as pickups and spawned us with sprint, Reach would've been more Halo-ish and would have made the game more fun and fair. It would keep whole teams from flying all over maps, or 4 guys Armor locking in a circle on countdown, or bubble shield spam on flag games...etc...etc. To see that it is possible and an available option with forge keeps this open as an opportunity to reclaim some of the Reach multiplayer experience. Start with the team slayer playlist (for instance) and work outward from there once it takes root leaving the most load out options in Invasion and BTB.
You're going to love my article on AAs/Equipment. It's mostly finished, I just need to edit it and collect some pretty pictures. Also, I need to actually build the website I have in mind for these projects I keep starting...

Ken

Tha Robbertster said:
I got paired against a party of 8 in BTB (halo 3). Assault on sandbox. At the beginning of the game, 2 teammates quit. They get all the powerweapons. 2 other teammates quit. They begin to spawn kill us for the full 15 minutes. I went negative 50......

Just no where to go, 3 BR's pointed at you from spawn. Horrible.
You could go back to the main menu.

Striker

Account Attempt #4 said:
I have subscribed to the belief that if they placed AAs on the map as pickups and spawned us with sprint, Reach would've been more Halo-ish and would have made the game more fun and fair.
I don't remember Halo 1 or 2 filled with pickups everywhere. Two pickups max.

GhaleonEB said:
Pretty remarkable how much the super jackpot weekends can swat the population. The notice went live an hour ago, and The Arena now has the most players, with 10,604.

Second highest population right now: Living Dead! Awesome!

Top Bottom