• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Tunavi

Banned
Account Attempt #4 said:
I imagine that's what Premium Battle is, no? Or does that imply bigger teams?
This is what im wondering. I would think battle would be 6v6, but not sure about objective.

Tunavi said:
This is what im wondering. I would think battle would be 6v6, but not sure about objective.
OK, thinking about it more I'm going with bigger teams (to fill out Highlands/ Breakpoint) with a mix of Objective and Slayer. Premium Slayer is Slayer... Battle is Slayer and Obj. Just like in BTB...
(BTB description on Bnet: Team Slayer and Objective action.)

Tunavi

Banned
The drop shield got dropped from all objective gametypes.
Armor lock is removed from Team Objective.
DLC playlists with both defiant AND noble required
Flagstravaganza with CTF slayer gametypes custom options
FF doubles
A guardian spiritual sucessor

3ea24fc3f2a6f2995fb1eafe225bac08.gif

So good. Sooo good.

And then to top it all off a new DLC announcement along with the CE remake confirmation and details at E3 (I wish haha)

Schooly D

Tashi0106 said:
Why are you so interested in playing us?

Well, I came here because I heard neoGaf was interested in playing us for third place.

Then this post made me all excited.

Really, I'm just trying to help you. I'm trying to give you the opportunity to back up all these boasts with some actual games. I thought you all would welcome this chance. Instead, I'm getting a lot of "you suck, we're the best, but under no circumstances will we prove it." For shame. You'd think that a group who got demolished by the team that got absolutely destroyed by MetaHalo would feel some bit of urgency to restore their name, given how highly you apparently regard yourselves.

Schooly D said:
My bad. I thought you were stepping up and organizing a team. Guess not.

Have you got Avateur/ Znite on your team? If so I would step up and play you guys if other gaffers are interested. :p

I find Reach pretty aweful as a competative game so if other gaffers are interested they will be more suitable than me, a Halo 3 custom would be pretty beastly though. :p

Im sad to hear about the end of the WWU's, I hope they get reinstated with plenty of time to tease the new project and dont just get scrapped. I wonder if 343 will offer monthly playlist updates, and how they will convey the news.

Tunavi

Banned
Schooly D said:
Well, I came here because I heard neoGaf was interested in playing us for third place.

Really, I'm just trying to help you. I'm trying to give you the opportunity to back up all these boasts with some actual games. I thought you all would welcome this chance. Instead, I'm getting a lot of "you suck, we're the best, but under no circumstances will we prove it." For shame. You'd think that a group who got demolished by the team that got absolutely destroyed by MetaHalo would feel some bit of urgency to restore their name, given how highly you apparently regard yourselves.
is this another alternative account inside joke or something? we're done with the tournament, it was just for fun. We aren't ashamed of ourselves or anything like you make it sound like. lol.

Sai-kun

Banned
Schooly D said:

This post is just...wow. :lol

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Why all the bad air around Schooly D? He just wants to extend the community rivalry love that was going on here just a few days back. Ain't nothing wrong with that.

I'm surprised GAF hasn't taken him up on the offer to be honest.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dani said:
Why all the bad air around Schooly D? He just wants to extend the community rivalry love that was going on here just a few days back. Ain't nothing wrong with that.

He's all "Come at me bro," we're all "yeah whatevs," the tourney is done and frankly most of us just aren't interested.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Plywood said:
He's all "Come at me bro," we're all "yeah whatevs," the tourney is done and frankly most of us just aren't interested.

To be fair, it seems as if he was just trying to keep the competitive spirit up rather than being all serious about being better or whatever. The mood in here though has changed significantly since the tournament ended, sadly.

Schooly is a chill dude.

Dani said:

I think its just the tone of his posts which is ironic because some people around here have the same cocky air to they're posts. :p SchoolyD seems like a cool guy though and posted in the same style on HBO a while back and it was clear he was just joking about.

I kinda wanna get in on some games with TSD especially if some HBO'ers are playing, even if it isnt a GAF vs TSD thing.

It is pretty shitty to see someone post as if they are the best at the game and everyone else sucks, but a lot of people do that here anyway lawl. SchoolyD doesnt seem serious about it.

Hey You said:
So urk didn't post the full details because he was short on time?
Sounds more like Jeremiah being busy was why we didn't get full details. Urk was busy, sure, but Jeremiah is the one that wrote that entire section.

Plywood said:
Well obviously you aren't interested, but it's not like we need 12-18 people anymore. I'm pretty sure this is just a friendly 4v4 with nothing more than a little community pride on the line.

GhaleonEB

The meltdowns at b.net over the removal of drop shield and armor lock are so tasty.

Subject: No dropshield in objective?!

That's basically a NECESSITY for getting a flag out of one base and into another.​

Subject: Why the Drop Shield???

There's this little thing called the plasma pistol that destroys it on the spot.​

Subject: Great. Another playlist that has lost AL

I like AL, im gonna make that clear. Sure its annoying when you get emp pummeled or lose a ghost 1 off a splatter spree. But AL is useful. Its now gonna be even harder to play CTF when you are gonna regularly splatted by ghosts. And Drop Shield was fine. Its was easy to counter. I really wish that Jeremiah would stop pandering to the anti-AL band wagon.​

Mmmm mmm mmmmmm good.

MrBig

Good job NoF. I'm sure that AL is going to a big deal in Bungie's reappraisal of everything they've done so far that Urk had talked about before.

kylej

Banned
Dax01 said:
I know right. We lure them in with my 1337 AR skills then Kyle jumps out and kills 'em with the DMR.

Best. Plan. Ever.

I don't think it's too early to brand ourselves as the new Ogre twins.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dax01 said:
I know right. We lure them in with my 1337 AR skills then Kyle jumps out and kills 'em with the DMR.

Best. Plan. Ever.
My gods, the greatest plan known to Spartan was hiding in plain sight. How could I have never thought of this?

kylej said:
Julie looking good this year. Pistola's going to give the other team a one way ticket to Blainsville.

just destroyed bth in flag. i was sitting back in awe at their pre game appraisal list

4x national champ
every player positive at dallas

GhaleonEB said:
The meltdowns at b.net over the removal of drop shield and armor lock are so tasty.

Subject: No dropshield in objective?!

That's basically a NECESSITY for getting a flag out of one base and into another.​

Subject: Why the Drop Shield???

There's this little thing called the plasma pistol that destroys it on the spot.​

Subject: Great. Another playlist that has lost AL

I like AL, im gonna make that clear. Sure its annoying when you get emp pummeled or lose a ghost 1 off a splatter spree. But AL is useful. Its now gonna be even harder to play CTF when you are gonna regularly splatted by ghosts. And Drop Shield was fine. Its was easy to counter. I really wish that Jeremiah would stop pandering to the anti-AL band wagon.​

Mmmm mmm mmmmmm good.

desario.gif

Booshka

Tashi0106 said:
:lol :lol

"Pistola you suck!!"

"You're about to get 3-0'd kid!!"

hahahahha awesome
lol yea, "sorry I had to reload and couldn't clean up the Overkill, I really do suck, only got a Triple kill on your team."

Tawpgun

http://www.1up.com/news/what-call-of-duty-elite-offers-free

And now for the Halo Related part. I hope Halo has this same social networking shenanigans.

I remember getting NFS Hot Pursuit (2010) and the autolog feature was amazing. This is almost like Autolog for shooters.

Bungie.net has remained basically unchanged since Halo 2 besides some near useless gimmicks such as heatmaps. The best thing to come out of it recently was rendered videos and filesharing. All during H3. Reach introduces nothing.

Time to upgrade the game to site functionality Halo has always been known for. Bring in the social networking. Perhaps some organized events utilizing waypoint. Something more.

Karl2177

A27 Tawpgun said:

Bungie.net has remained basically unchanged since Halo 2 besides some near useless gimmicks such as heatmaps. The best thing to come out of it recently was rendered videos and filesharing. All during H3. Reach introduces nothing.

Time to upgrade the game to site functionality Halo has always been known for. Bring in the social networking. Perhaps some organized events utilizing waypoint. Something more.
Facebook-like tagging in screenshots.
Who the hell am I kidding?

MrBig

A27 Tawpgun said:

And now for the Halo Related part. I hope Halo has this same social networking shenanigans.

I remember getting NFS Hot Pursuit (2010) and the autolog feature was amazing. This is almost like Autolog for shooters.

Most of the stuff in there just seems to be adding what Bnet has had since H3, and even H2. I don't see where the discrepancy is.

GhaleonEB

A27 Tawpgun said:

The upgrades in b.net functionality has been pretty steep each game. The comparison of what Halo 2 offered to Reach reveal an enormous gap. From Halo 3, Reach added support for Reach-specific features such as Commendations, Challenges and leaderboards. It added smart tagged photos, identifying and linking all players within them, and superior methods to view and find them. There's a greater depth of content around in-game stats and a massive improvement in how it's all organized and presented.

I do think there's room to layer in additional networking features, such as ways to easily compare stats between players. But the notion that b.net has been relatively static from game to game is honestly a little mind boggling. Bungie has steeply upped the ante with each release.

Ramirez

Dani said:
To be fair, it seems as if he was just trying to keep the competitive spirit up rather than being all serious about being better or whatever. The mood in here though has changed significantly since the tournament ended, sadly.

Schooly is a chill dude.

His posts come off real jackass-ish, and it takes a lot to make me feel that way, heh.

We lost, bad, to a team that lost even worse to the people that won the tourney, beating a team and claiming 3rd place isn't going to change the fact that we crapped the bed against the other team, heh.

Are the other teams battling it out for 4th,5th,6th, etc. up to 30th place? :p

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
BWU said:
Drop Shield removed from all Objective gametypes
Armor Lock removed from Team Objective
Team Objective revamp

BWU said:
After that, the playlist management transition will be in full swing, and for the most part playlist support will be out of our hands

Good news all around!

Tawpgun

GhaleonEB said:
The upgrades in b.net functionality has been pretty steep each game. The comparison of what Halo 2 offered to Reach reveal an enormous gap. From Halo 3, Reach added support for Reach-specific features such as Commendations, Challenges and leaderboards. It added smart tagged photos, identifying and linking all players within them, and superior methods to view and find them. There's a greater depth of content around in-game stats and a massive improvement in how it's all organized and presented.

I do think there's room to layer in additional networking features, such as ways to easily compare stats between players. But the notion that b.net has been relatively static from game to game is honestly a little mind boggling. Bungie has steeply upped the ante with each release.

Most of stuff is hardly used.

Bring back clans, make organized community events, built in tournaments, prizes. Social network integration. Straight to youtubes uploader. Bring it to the next level.

Havok

Mt. Lam Lam seems to have some potential, based on the few minutes spent with it just now.

The others we tried...well...maybe not so much. We didn't get around to all of them though.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Most of stuff is hardly used.

Bring back clans, make organized community events, built in tournaments, prizes. Social network integration. Straight to youtubes uploader. Bring it to the next level.

This.

The New Media Designer wants to get a hold of some of this :p. A straight to Youtube/Facebook up-loader would be great!

Social Network integration would seriously make my day, and give me job opportunities :D.

In regards to the update.... 3 Flag sounds AMAZING!!!

GhaleonEB said:

Agreed. Reach's stats organization is a massive improvement and you can filter for all kinds of things. It's great, and its why I was so upset when we were discussing stats leaving bnet a month or so back.

Kuroyume

Banned
I just want to be be able to upload videos to a site for download on to a PC without a fee attached to it. Don't really care for most of the crap on Bungie.net.

Top Bottom