• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Trasher said:
MLG is another beast entirely. I feel like I have to relearn the whole damn game, which makes it tough because of the haggardness that Reach causes... Makes the game not very fun, and I find myself getting bored and making stupid decisions.
BlooMLG.

Tunavi

Banned
Trasher said:
Tried joining you guys, but for whatever reason my NAT went to crap I guess.
0T8nq.png

kylej

Banned
Trasher said:
Tried joining you guys, but for whatever reason my NAT went to crap I guess.

sorry bro, we sent you invites then you appeared offline. picked Booties up. we'll grab you if there's space

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Sorry for not joining. A random drunk dude kinda tried to smash his way into my house through various windows and threatened my fiancée. =s

Trasher

Dani said:
Sorry for not joining. A random drunk dude kinda tried to smash his way into my house through various windows and threatened my fiancée. =s
holy shit

I'll add that to my list of "Why Not to Live in Ireland."

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Sai-kun said:
Blame it on the lag.

Yeah, he was lagging like crazy. When the cops showed up he disappeared then magically reappeared again whilst the cops were standing there, defying any reasonable expectations. He was totally lag-switching.

Flight booked for PAX.

I'll be touching down in the Puget Sound area on Thursday at 5:30 p.m. Getting there earlier in the day would've cost me $60 extra.

Booshka

Just played one of the most ridiculous Arena Slayer matches on Sword Base. Of course it was filled with people camping the lifts with Shotgun and Sword, all the while being completely clueless jetpacking in the middle and getting shot down by me.

There were several times where everyone on my team would just lift up Gold and get destroyed by campers. Then they would spawn, and lift right back up and die again, that repeated a few times and I was just laughing while I saw my teammates call signs just lift up and turn into red X's over and over.

I was whoring the Grenade Launcher Spawn the whole game, perfect weapon to dominate people camping. I got a Triple Kill and a Double Kill just by killing a group of them that were camping in there, then their teammates that would lift up right after. One of the guys on their team was decent and actually out-shot me really bad once, but other than us two everyone else was miserably awful at Halo.

My team was leading the whole game until my teammates decided to sacrifice themselves up Gold lift to make the game more interesting. I picked up the last Grenade Launcher with the game tied at 46 and started firing away at the Gold Lift from across the bridge.

One of the guys camping with Sword got his shields dropped by me and my teammate cleaned him up to give us the lead at 47. My teammate quickly gets naded trying to pick up the sword, and another one of my teammates dies on their side. Down 47-48, three members of their team push across the bridge from Gold lift, I put shots in almost all of them, and they kill one of my teammates right next to me. They push one by one and I clean up one player then out-DMR the other two to pick up a Triple Kill and win the game 50-49.

Here are the Game stats http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=635457670&player=Booshka

And here are a couple clips I recorded from this game

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=18424384&player=Booshka
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=18424390&player=Booshka

Tunavi

Banned
One of these 3 full parties needs to accept an orphan spartan lol

oh god, first game alone in big team against a full party...

Why do grenades kill me so much?

Good games everyone. I love Classic, I love Arena besides the jetpack, and I love Reach. My internet died out that last game and usually I have to wait until morning until it comes back on...yea fuck Time Warner. So I don't wanna push it.

In about a month and a half I'll have FiOS and I'll be streaming every day.

So this has been mentioned in other forums, but I figured I'd bring it up here for discussion.

From the BWU:
"You should expect to have a great time, get access to some seriously rare and limited edition swag, and maybe even get your hands on something you might never have expected. "​

The very same day, Jeremiah starts a thread in the Optimatch forum.
"Megalo is the custom scripting language that we use to create or modify gametypes in Halo Reach."​

You know, I never expected us to get our hands on Reach's gametype scripting. Is it possible we'll get to download Megalo on Bungie Day?

I could see it working from a practical standpoint. You download the program to your PC, write the scripting and save the gametypes there and use a flash drive to transfer them to your Xbox. (Unless there's some crazy way you can upload them to a server and download them like you normally get gametypes, but I highly doubt that.) Obviously you can only play the gametype in custom games. 343 can still manage matchmaking and release Reach DLC without Megalo threatening anything.

Except now fans can make gametypes as crazy as Chess with the new access to scripting tools. Take all of this with a HUGE grain of salt, but I could see it being Bungie's way of giving the fans a unique gift on Bungie day as they finally release control of Reach.

ncsuDuncan said:
So this has been mentioned in other forums, but I figured I'd bring it up here for discussion.

From the BWU:
"You should expect to have a great time, get access to some seriously rare and limited edition swag, and maybe even get your hands on something you might never have expected. "​

The very same day, Jeremiah starts a thread in the Optimatch forum.
"Megalo is the custom scripting language that we use to create or modify gametypes in Halo Reach."​

You know, I never expected us to get our hands on Reach's gametype scripting. Is it possible we'll get to download Megalo on Bungie Day?

I could see it working from a practical standpoint. You download the program to your PC, write the scripting and save the gametypes there and use a flash drive to transfer them to your Xbox. (Unless there's some crazy way you can upload them to a server and download them like you normally get gametypes, but I highly doubt that.) Obviously you can only play the gametype in custom games. 343 can still manage matchmaking and release Reach DLC without Megalo threatening anything.

Except now fans can make gametypes as crazy as Chess with the new access to scripting tools. Take all of this with a HUGE grain of salt, but I could see it being Bungie's way of giving the fans a unique gift on Bungie day as they finally release control of Reach.

As insanely cool as that would be, I will take it with a HUGE grain of salt.

It would be amazing to see what the community could do with that scripting engine though.

Booties

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
Good games everyone. I love Classic, I love Arena besides the jetpack, and I love Reach. My internet died out that last game and usually I have to wait until morning until it comes back on...yea fuck Time Warner. So I don't wanna push it.

In about a month and a half I'll have FiOS and I'll be streaming every day.
No worries. Today was ridiculous. This season has been a lot of fun really. The Arena is everything I've wanted halo to be since I got into the competitive side of Halo 3 (well, until they remove shitty remakes and uncaged and jet pack). B.net has me at 34-5, but when I check my career stats in-game it's 34-4. I think that's because we all rage quit a game the other day. 20-2 on the day, no perfections.

Dropping onyx-like stats I hope. http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/careerstats/playlists.aspx?player=Booties&vc=2

I need more mlg videos to watch. Gotta learn the pro pacings for all the effective DMR ranges.

Booshka

Booties said:
I need more mlg videos to watch. Gotta learn the pro pacings for all the effective DMR ranges.
Make sure you watch Streams and Online gameplay, watching their shot on LAN will throw you off, and sometimes they shoot differently depending on the Host. It was fun watching Walshy today, guy Paces all the time, and Enable does too.

Booties

Banned
Booshka said:
Make sure you watch Streams and Online gameplay, watching their shot on LAN will throw you off, and sometimes they shoot differently depending on the Host. It was fun watching Walshy today, guy Paces all the time, and Enable does too.

Where are these links? I can never find their justin.tv pages and MLGpro.com gives me a headache.

Oh, and if you guys do have a match up against school D i'd be interested, but I can't do it tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'll have the night off to play. Monday and Wednesday are sure things though.

CougRon

For those of you interested, I opened two Halo related questions on Prediculous for the Microsoft media briefing:

Will Microsoft announce a Halo: Combat Evolved remake at this year's E3?

Will Microsoft/343 Studios announce a new (not a remake) Halo title at this years E3?

The questions close right before the press briefing on Monday.

For those of you who don't know what prediculous is, it's a 'game' site where users can make predictions on the results of various activities to gain or lose points. It can be entertaining.

GhaleonEB

Some sort of Megalo release would be the mother of all Halo parting gifts from Bungie, but I'm not sure how it could work, in terms of interface and functionality. I'll keep my expectations lower, but those two side by side are quite tantalizing.

Ever have one of those games where you get into the zone, and what you point at just sort of dies? I went into that zone in Firefight tonight. This last game was probably my best ever, in terms of overall performance. I nipped two clips from it.

This was probably the most efficiently I've gone through a wave on my own, just sitting back and taking out everything that moved.

This last one has a familiar set up: Beachhead, Last Man Standing, lots of Elites. Except I got tired of running and decide to try something different. I was so pumped at the end of this sequence, I'm going to have a hard time sleeping. (Which I should have been doing hours ago.)

I've never had a game of Firefight feel this good after. Just really satisfying stuff.

(To top it off, the game paid out 9,200 cR all told.)

Booties

Banned
Domino Theory said:
Yup, you ended with a 1650 daily rating? Fuck!

Kyle, Juices, Eazy, Choco and I all end up with 1500-1550 ratings when we play together. We click pretty well and I guess it's hard for any of us to do so much better than the rest that you get super high ratings. Good thing it's all about wins baby. I think my highest rated game so far was a 1651 and that was a 20 kill, 1 assist perfection.

Tunavi

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
Last Minute Heroics

The comeback from High Speed Halo on Wayont during the Community Tournament.
Great defense there GAF! :p

I had my second bad night of halo in a row. :\ The one highlight of the night was my farthest long-range rocket kill in Reach ever (not counting lock-on shots against vehicles). I angled it perfectly to counter rocket drop from gravity. I was so shocked that I didn't shoot the last guy until it was too late, so I choked on the overkill, haha.

Eey2h.png

Trasher

Booties said:
Kyle, Juices, Eazy, Choco and I all end up with 1500-1550 ratings when we play together. We click pretty well and I guess it's hard for any of us to do so much better than the rest that you get super high ratings. Good thing it's all about wins baby. I think my highest rated game so far was a 1651 and that was a 20 kill, 1 assist perfection.
Me and that Cocopjojo kid each finished over 1600 today (well now yesterday I guess lol). Good times.
still can't believe that kid ruined my perfection when we had 49 kills... >_<

Booties said:

I wouldn't mind joining in with you guys, I was playing Arena alone yesterday and it was a pretty aweful experience. I was doing good, I won 3 out of my 4 matches but in the 4th match I just couldn't carry the idiots on my team going heavy negative. I ended with a 1602 rating, but even in the old Arena rating system I assume that wouldnt mean much considering im probably not being put up against good players in my first 4 games of the season lol.

I hated the old Arena system, and I still hate how vague it currently is, I guess even if I won all 4 of my games it wouldnt have been enough to put me in Onyx unless I play with other Onyx people?

The thing I didn't like was last season I had a win percentage equal to some other Onyx players I looked at...yet it gave me Gold.

So I guess I wasn't put up with the right players? Kinda bullshit...

The Arena sucks for me. It is the laggiest experience I ever had in Reach. And when I play alone, I only get some fu**ing kids who run into every grenade/hammer. They think that they can kill the guy with the gravity hammer. But after 7 deaths they find out, that they can't. WTF.

Btw. Have you seen the Flood video at HaloWaypoint? (The newest one) I don't know, but the Transformation at 38sec.-40sec. is something new. First I thought that would be the transformation from The Floodgate. But I'm not sure if that's the case.
Otherwise the ending of the video says that the Flood still exists on the 6 others Halo Rings. They are teasing us!

Hypertrooper said:
The Arena sucks for me. It is the laggiest experience I ever had in Reach. And when I play alone, I only get some fu**ing kids who run into every grenade/hammer. They think that they can kill the guy with the gravity hammer. But after 7 deaths they find out, that they can't. WTF.

On the flipside you get idiots on your team running around in the open with a hammer not finishing off the people you put one shot. Its quite comical to watch really. Dont get me wrong, I love playing Halo 'just for fun', and I wouldnt mind having someone on my team do that in normal slayer, but why play the competitive mode if your not really trying to win?

I dont mind it when my teammates go negative but seem to know what they are doing, but having someone on your team just not bother is annoying.

Juices said:
The thing I didn't like was last season I had a win percentage equal to some other Onyx players I looked at...yet it gave me Gold.

So I guess I wasn't put up with the right players? Kinda bullshit...

Yeah, its a pretty weak system, you might win all your games, think your doing well and then get put in Gold. I would rather not get rated than not get the best type thing. Dont get me wrong, Gold is good but as a player you dont have much control over whether you end up in Gold or Onyx considering that even if you play well matchmaking might not give you the games you need. Problem is, its really hard to know where you stand until you get a rating, and even then your still at the mercy of matchmaking.

wwm0nkey Im jelous... enjoy!

MrBig

Hypertrooper said:
Btw. Have you seen the Flood video at HaloWaypoint? (The newest one) I don't know, but the Transformation at 38sec.-40sec. is something new. First I thought that would be the transformation from The Floodgate. But I'm not sure if that's the case.
Otherwise the ending of the video says that the Flood still exists on the 6 others Halo Rings. They are teasing us!
That's not anything in-game rendered, and it's in a test box using Halo 3 textures and models. It is most likely a concept render an artist made when building the idea in H3's development.

MrBig said:
That's not anything in-game rendered, and it's in a test box using Halo 3 textures and models. It is most likely a concept render an artist made when building the idea in H3's development.
Cool. It is still awesome to see something completely new.

dc89

Help me GAF!

I've just gone to Matchmaking and the game appears to be stuck at 'Playlist data pending download'. I've never had that before? Is it server related?

These waypoint videos MUST be hints to what 343 is planning, you dont just end every video with "theyre current status is unknown" unless your planning something right. :p

In a way though, I prefer missions that dont include the Flood at all, Halo Reach and ODST were fantastic because of the lack of the Flood, they were a cool suprise in Halo 1, but have sort of sucked since. Hopefully 343 keeps them as secondary enemies rather than giving them the spotlight.

kylej

Banned
dc89 said:
Help me GAF!

I've just gone to Matchmaking and the game appears to be stuck at 'Playlist data pending download'. I've never had that before? Is it server related?

Bnet service records are down for me right now. Probably a server thing.

more arena today y'all. Playing Arena 4v4 for "competitive" play and Squad Slayer for ridiculous donging is mad fun. First time I've really enjoyed playing Reach.

Louis Wu

dc89 said:
Help me GAF!

Must be - I'm seeing it too. Sort of annoying - I had about an hour free this morning, might be my last free hour before next week. :(

Edit: just came back. :)

kylej said:
Bnet service records are down for me right now. Probably a server thing.

more arena today y'all. Playing Arena 4v4 for "competitive" play and Squad Slayer for ridiculous donging is mad fun. First time I've really enjoyed playing Reach.

Send me a invite when you see me on if your in Arena.
I still need to get more Black Ops in with you lot

kylej

Banned
bobs99 ... said:
Send me a invite when you see me on if your in Arena.
I still need to get more Black Ops in with you lot

WE PLAYIN BLOPS NOW BABY, REACH, BLOPS: THE WAPE TRAIN DON'T STOP

Louis Wu said:
Why you shouldn't go into Arena alone:

I just played three games where I went, collectively, 56-12... and lost two of them. :(

I had the same experience yesterday, 1 of the games was with Gaf which was great, but the other 3 I was basically on my own trying to win, I lost the last one. :(

If your up for it I wanna give it another shot today, but this time with a team!

KyleJ I want in on this wape train especially when the next stop is Arena.

O D I N

Figure I'd jump in and give an update on my hacked account.

Microsoft hasn't recovered my account for me yet. :mad: Very pissed off about it.

At the moment, I don't care, as I'm going on vacation this week. But if I don't hear anything by the time I get back, I'm gonna call them again. It'll be a month at that point.

Anyway... Yeah.

Top Bottom