• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Ramirez said:
Hmm, I got my old modem out and direct connected it and didn't get dropped the rest of the night. I've had this router since Christmas though, and haven't changed any settings on it, I'm not sure why it would be giving me problems now. :|

Like it's not obvious by now, but...

"from the IGN's schedule

http://games.ign.com/articles/117/1172302p1.html

Tuesday, June 7th
Gears of War 3 (Campaign) | 5:00pm
Forza Motorsports 4 | 5:20pm
*Super Secret Remake | 5:40pm*
Ms. 'Splosion Man | 6:00pm"
My schedule is ready.

I'll check the Gears 3 video, as well. If it can convince me to get the game, I will, otherwise I'm cancelling my pre-order, I'm afraid. I'm not anticipating the game at all. I guess 2 really soured me.

Kibbles said:
I'd be blown away if it wasn't Halo. It looks like they'll have the 3 big titles from Microsoft in a row. Gears 3, Forza 4, and then the Halo Remake.

Just got to get through the weekend...
It would be 4. Ms.Splosion Man is Xbox 360 exclusive and very anticipated. But yeah I can't wait for Monday.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm gonna record the conferences om G4 and watch them later without finding anything out all day until after work. No GAF, no Facebook either.

Tha Robbertster said:
I thought Microsoft's press conference was on monday, but the list says thuesday, what gives?
The list has nothing to do with the press conference. Every major gaming site shows game demos via live streams directly from the E3.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

>>Halo E3 2011 Bingo Speculation article @ Forward Unto Dawn<<

Agree or Disagree with my choices/reasons? Anything you folks would add?

Forward Unto Dawn will have a few things for folks during E3, similar to last year's efforts but bigger and better. We'll also be opening a IRC chatroom again. The Bingo/Speculation is our official E3 kick-off. Also, Datapad Analysis Part 2 will be hitting very shortly after E3.

Let's hope Microsoft actually show some Halo stuff at E3, eh? =)

Tawpgun

PNut said:
So who wants to play Schooly D's team on Sunday?

1. PNut
2. kylej
5.?
6.?

This guy obviously wants to play some games against GAF. I've been a lurker for quite some time but I'm up for putting a team together last minute. So if anyone else is interested let's do it. As long as it's DMR starts with no AL he's got a game.

I'd be down if it was after 8.

Capture2.jpg

Lulz I love messages like this. Funny thing is, I only got eleven headshots that game, what was he thinking?

Ken

thee henery said:
Lulz I love messages like this. Funny thing is, I only got eleven headshots that game, what was he thinking?

What's funny is that he calls you a wanker when his gamertag is Jacques MeOff.

Would anyone be up for Arena or Squad Slayer later today?

GhaleonEB said:
Various fixes to Firefight

Firefight Arcade gametypes now have a 20 minute time limit, enabled dropships for first and boss waves, updated Arcadefight loadouts

Firefight Limited no longer offers Jet Pack loadouts, enabled Betrayal Booting to prevent griefing (Friendly Fire remains off), enabled Grunt Birthday Party for bonus round

Nerfed Shootiness and Luck for custom skull in Skirmigeddon, the gametype was a little too painful​

All taken straight from the suggestions I made in the Cartographers forum. Thank, you, Jeremiah. :)

Edit:

•Drop Shield removed from all objective gametypes
•Armor Lock removed from Team Objective

Awww yeah.

I'll be living in Firefight Doubles from now on.

I'll miss the BWU's - or at least the Halo variations - but I'm already looking forward to Bungie Day. Bring on the new era. :)
Need a roommate? I clean up after myself...

Hitmonchan107 said:
I can see myself getting lost on that map.
It's a wonderful urban-themed map, but I had problems finding my way around in the first few test games. I just chalked it up to being old and directionless.

Ken said:
What's funny is that he calls you a wanker when his gamertag is Jacques MeOff.

Would anyone be up for Arena or Squad Slayer later today?
I'm up for both. Hydra, Zeouter, Zayne are playing every saturday + sunday Squadslayer. If you want to join, just say it.

MrBig

Hypertrooper said:
I'm up for both. Hydra, Zeouter, Zayne are playing every saturday + sunday Squadslayer. If you want to join, just say it.
I'm getting on about now

e: can anyone else not connect to Live?

Ken

Hypertrooper said:
I have Zayne on my FL so if I see him on I'll send him a message.

*reads Dani's bingo*
If MS were smart enough to make pc versions, it should be two seperate releases
-Halo 3 + ODST + All DLC
-Halo Reach + To Date DLC

Still, MS gave up on the PC too readily, before DD had properly exploded and now are too reluctant to put the money behind PC Gaming as they see how much it'd take to catch up.

Ken said:
I have Zayne on my FL so if I see him on I'll send him a message.
Are you on right now?

Zeouterlimits said:
*reads Dani's bingo*
If MS were smart enough to make pc versions, it should be two seperate releases
-Halo 3 + ODST + All DLC
-Halo Reach + To Date DLC

Still, MS gave up on the PC too readily, before DD had properly exploded and now are too reluctant to put the money behind PC Gaming as they see how much it'd take to catch up.
I guess we will never see any Halo on pc anymore. The sales weren't that good, I think?

Hydranockz said:
I'll be on in a while, the weather is abnormally good out :p
It's too hot here. I don't want to move.

Hey You

Yeah, I found it strange Microsoft wouldn't want to reach out to more fans and Release 3,ODST and Reach for PC with GFWL integration.

Maybe not enough interest from MS or Bungie.

Hey You said:
Yeah, I found it strange Microsoft wouldn't want to reach out to more fans and Release 3,ODST and Reach for PC with GFWL integration.

Maybe not enough interest from MS or Bungie.
And now, on monday: "We are releasing Halo 3, ODST AND Reach for PC. At the same time. In one package. For 50 bucks. ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?"

GhaleonEB

A27_StarWolf said:
so this place shuts down for E3?
Generally the Gaming side is the only one open during the E3 conference period. Evilore's upgraded the servers since last year, so I don't know whether that will be the case this year.

Hey You

GhaleonEB said:
Generally the Gaming side is the only one open during the E3 conference period. Evilore's upgraded the servers since last year, so I don't know whether that will be the case this year.
Yeah, I've been seeing people saying the Offtopic being closed this year. I wonder if the Community forum is going away as well.

ElRenoRaven

Dani said:
They haven't said a peep. Not a word. Haven't said they will be there or won't be there.

The only thing they've hyped up is PAX/Halofest. They have been banging that drum loud and clear for some time now whilst ignoring questions concerning E3.

Yup you have to give them props for not going OMG we have a big annnouncement coming guys like other people do for stupid shit like Cameos, map packs, etc, etc.

GhaleonEB said:
If he had to take avatars out for NPD, I assume they're going to be offline for E3.

GhaleonEB

PsychoRaven said:
Yup you have to give them props for not going OMG we have a big annnouncement coming guys like other people do for stupid shit like Cameos, map packs, etc, etc.
Agree. No one can say they in with inflated expectations due to 343 or Microsoft. They've handled this run up perfectly.

Booshka

xxjuicesxx said:
Why can't I see any MLG Halo? Keeps freezing n shit.
Too many people watching Starcraft 2, I am also guessing that because of the time, more places around the world are tuned in.

So i'm a little concerned about Halo Reach's future. I played the shit out of this game until about 3 months ago. I took a much needed break and i'm slowing getting back into it. It's kinda sad that Bungie is dropping much of its support next month and i assume that 343 is taking over playlists and updates?

either way, Reach isn't even a year old and it gives me this feel that it's years older. If a new Halo game ends up getting released this year, remake or whatever, then it's going to destroy the reach community, imo.

I know it's a couple of factors on my end too, but it seems like Halo Reach's lifespan is shorter than any other Halo game.

Ramirez

Trasher said:
And your wife keeps your balls in a jar.

Yeah. I know... That's exactly my point.

lol, my wife is amazing, find me any wife that would be ok with you regularly playing a Halo tournament for 4-5 hours in the prime of the day. :p

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:
lol, my wife is amazing, find me any wife that would be ok with you regularly playing a Halo tournament for 4-5 hours in the prime of the day. :p
Awwwwwwwwwwwww

Hey You

cool_dude_2049 said:
So i'm a little concerned about Halo Reach's future. I played the shit out of this game until about 3 months ago. I took a much needed break and i'm slowing getting back into it. It's kinda sad that Bungie is dropping much of its support next month and i assume that 343 is taking over playlists and updates?

either way, Reach isn't even a year old and it gives me this feel that it's years older. If a new Halo game ends up getting released this year, remake or whatever, then it's going to destroy the reach community, imo.

I know it's a couple of factors on my end too, but it seems like Halo Reach's lifespan is shorter than any other Halo game.
Yep, 343i will be supporting the Reach playlists fully after July and I presume everything else soon after.

zumphry

Banned
Hypertrooper said:

I'm also available for nightly 1v1 Firefight sessions.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Hey You said:
Yep, 343i will be supporting the Reach playlists fully after July and I presume everything else soon after.

We'll be rolling out more info about our support plans for Reach soon. Rest assured top men (from 343 and Bungie) have been working on the transition efforts for quite some time.

Tawpgun

2008 E3? Didn't we still have Firefight and ODST shit? 2009 had more Reach. Same with 2010.
EDIT: Nope, but we did have Halo Wars.

lybertyboy said:
We'll be rolling out more info about our support plans for Reach soon. Rest assured top men (from 343 and Bungie) have been working on the transition efforts for quite some time.

sounds awesome and reassuring. I leave you my faith and my wallet.

Hey You

More proof that outside companies are going to be working on Halo from this job posting? :

343 Industries is looking for a dynamic and experienced creative leader who has a passion to create the world's greatest games. As Design Director in the Publishing Team, you will work with external developers to support and create the development of the most exciting games in the industry.

Duties & Responsibilities:

Ensure that the creative vision and direction for a title is clear to both our development partner and within the Microsoft organization.

Top Bottom