• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

kylej

Banned
I'm going to play Halo tonight but I really have no desire to play those dudes. Rather play Arena for a few hours with my bros.

Tashi0106 said:
Right now on stream is the Losers Bracket Finals. Str8 Rippin vs Dynasty. Winner goes to the championship match against Instinct and loser gets 3rd place.

http://s3.majorleaguegaming.com/2011-columbus-haloreach-champ.html
Thanks for that.

Just caught the end of the last game. Series at 2-0, Str8 Rippin.

It's looking like a Str8/Instinct final.

But Dynasty did well against Instinct on Assault/Sanctuary, which is what game three is.

This could be good.

GhaleonEB

When I select the option to play with a good connection, I wish the matchmaking system would take that seriously and only put me in a game with a good connection. It seems to search for a while and if it can't find a good game, give up and do a terrible one. I'm happy to wait for a good one.

That was an incredible snipe by Snipedown. My oh my.

Dynasty is so well-coordinated on this map, but Str8 Rippin just tore through the D to score. 1-0.

Heinz (Dynasty) plant ties the game, 1-1.

Quick snipe from Naded led to a Str8 Rippin push to plant, but Dynasty clamped down to hold off the charge.

Second push by Naded gets stopped AGAIN. Intense.

I'm telling you, Dynasty holds this map down. Third bomb push gets brickwalled. We're about to go to sudden death.

Str8 rips to take game three. My stream was behind a bit. I'm refreshed and ready to go for the finals.

GhaleonEB said:
When I select the option to play with a good connection, I wish the matchmaking system would take that seriously and only put me in a game with a good connection. It seems to search for a while and if it can't find a good game, give up and do a terrible one. I'm happy to wait for a good one.
Yeah, I wish those options were hard rules. Especially if they added a DLC option.

Maybe if the search time gets really long a popup gives you the option to drop the restrictions or keep them. That way clueless/impatient people get a better idea of why it's taking so long but those fine with longer wait times can keep searching.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Str8 is going to have a big uphill battle to try and win this tournament. I think Instinct will be too big for them. As good as they looked right now, I still don't think they'll be sharp enough for Instinct.

Crucio

So final match in 30 mins? Cool stuff!
In the meantime I think I'm gonna get some challenges done!

Man I'm having trouble getting the stream to work.

Tashi

Crucio said:
So final match in 30 mins? Cool stuff!
In the meantime I think I'm gonna get some challenges done!

Man I'm having trouble getting the stream to work.

No, all objective gametypes besides Oddball are 30 minutes long. But the last 15 minutes are sudden death.

Tashi

Bread said:
This guy in the middle with the glasses is just awful

Better player than commentator for sure.

Hitmon said:
Was my stream lagging? How is it 3-0 already?

Instinct already beat them 3-0 in pool play. It's best out of 11 from here. Instinct hasn't lost a series so they're still technically in the winners bracket. Double elimination.

Trasher

Tashi0106 said:
Instinct already beat them 3-0 in pool play. It's best out of 11 from here. Instinct hasn't lost a series so they're still technically in the winners bracket. Double elimination.
They aren't going to lose a single game lol.

Edit: "Make fun of his weirdly shaped glasses." wat

Hitmonchan107 said:
Edit: Worst. Wave. Ever.
lol. Gamers are the worst sports fans.

Tashi

Trasher said:
Ogre 2 said, "NO!"

:lol

"Snipedown, take a seat son!"

Btw, when I get my mixamp and am able to have voice on my stream, I'm totally going to commentate my own gameplay like Chris Puckett. I don't care if I lose all of my viewers or not lol

Trasher

Tashi0106 said:
:lol

"Snipedown, take a seat son!"

Btw, when I get my mixamp and am able to have voice on my stream, I'm totally going to commentate my own gameplay like Chris Puckett. I don't care if I lose all of my viewers or not lol
Did he say that lol?

Oh yeah, dude. That's my new favorite thing ever since you started doing it in that one game a couple weeks ago. "We're hopping on board with Tashi! He's got a sniper! Doing some no-scopin'!"

Tashi

Trasher said:
Did he say that lol?

Oh yeah, dude. That's my new favorite thing ever since you started doing it in that one game a couple weeks ago. "We're hopping on board with Tashi! He's got a sniper! Doing some no-scopin'!"

lol yea in the Losers bracket finals, shit was hilarious

"No shields- no problem!"

LOL that's one of my favorites

Chris Puckett Montage

kylej

Banned
Bread said:
smh @ instinct teabagging and meleeing dead bodies while up 4-0 in the game and series

Have you ever watched MLG before? Scratch that -- have you ever played Halo before? Shit talking and teabagging is as old as Halo itself.

Trasher

Bread said:
smh @ instinct teabagging and meleeing dead bodies while up 4-0 in the game and series
Dude, Str8 was making fun of Pistola's glasses. It was justified!

Hitmonchan107 said:
LMAO at the Pistola knuckles. So rad.
*don't know how to do cool handshakes, but knuckle bumpin' still makes me cool*

Booshka

Bread said:
smh @ Tsquared teabagging and meleeing dead bodies while down 0-4 in the game
fixed

kylej said:
Have you ever watched MLG before? Scratch that -- have you ever played Halo before? Shit talking and teabagging is as old as Halo itself.

I wish I could find the Gandhi Toilet Paper clip from 2006 MLG

My God the lack of enthusiasm from that crowd at the trophy

sp_1502_clip10.jpg

AWKWARD

Booshka

Kind of cool that Ogre 2 is in First Place and Str8 Rippin is back in the Top 3 again, Dynasty could be the new Carbon I guess.

Bread

Banned
kylej said:
I haven't watched much MLG before this besides youtube montages, but when I usually see people teabagging it's because they finally get a kill against me after I've been killing them all game or if the player is just a dbag. I guess I thought the best MLG players weren't douchebags, not sure why though.

Maybe I expected more humility from a team about to win the tourney in dominating fashion.

btw booshka I guess I missed tsquared doing that.

Trasher

Bread said:
I haven't watched much MLG before this besides youtube montages, but when I usually see people teabagging it's because they finally get a kill against me after I've been killing them all game or if the player is just a dbag. I guess I thought the best MLG players weren't douchebags, not sure why though.

Maybe I expected more humility from a team about to win the tourney in dominating fashion.

btw booshka I guess I missed tsquared doing that.
lawl

As excited as I am for Microsoft's press conference, it's going to need more than Halo to win me over.

All of the Kinect news supererogatory pulled up is souring. Last year's conference was a disaster, save for Reach. And with the new Nintendo console on display, Microsoft needs to come out swinging.

We've known for months that Nintendo will show off its new console. Failure to bring out the heavy hitters will be inexcusable.

------------------------

With that said, here are the games I'm excited for from Microsoft:

- Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor
- Gears of War: Exile
- Mechwarrior

Here are the games I hope to see:

- Halo
- Crimson Skies (I think we'll see it this year.)
- Kingdoms (Crytek game teased from last year)

Left-field predictions

- Fable IV
- New Viva Pinata/Banjo Kazooie (possibly for Kinect)

Oozer3993

I hope the MS briefing is nothing but Kinect, including Halo: Anniversary, made specifically for Kinect. Point at the screen and say "pew pew" to fire your pistol, pound the ground to initiate Armor Lock, a brand new addition to this storied game.

Top Bottom