• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Potentially dumb question, so feel free to lol: if you successfully EMP a jetpacker, does it knock out the jetpack as well as the shield?

Ken

Lucky Gonk said:
Potentially dumb question, so feel free to lol: if you successfully EMP a jetpacker, does it knock out the jetpack as well as the shield?

It just knocks out the shields.

742c9733.jpg

Lucky Gonk said:
Then again, I'm thinking about this logically, which often gets me in to trouble.

I want to know why an energy blade of heated plasma can be parried by punching. I would have expected the blade to go right through the punch, regardless of armor and shielding.

Cheers, I know you can EMP the Banshee and the Falcon, and on that basis I figured the jetpack might be similarly vulnerable. I kind of feel it ought to be. :/

Then again, I'm thinking about this logically, which often gets me in to trouble.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
GhaleonEB said:
Some sort of Megalo release would be the mother of all Halo parting gifts from Bungie, but I'm not sure how it could work, in terms of interface and functionality. I'll keep my expectations lower, but those two side by side are quite tantalizing.

Ever have one of those games where you get into the zone, and what you point at just sort of dies? I went into that zone in Firefight tonight. This last game was probably my best ever, in terms of overall performance. I nipped two clips from it.

This was probably the most efficiently I've gone through a wave on my own, just sitting back and taking out everything that moved.

This last one has a familiar set up: Beachhead, Last Man Standing, lots of Elites. Except I got tired of running and decide to try something different. I was so pumped at the end of this sequence, I'm going to have a hard time sleeping. (Which I should have been doing hours ago.)

I've never had a game of Firefight feel this good after. Just really satisfying stuff.

(To top it off, the game paid out 9,200 cR all told.)
Damn, those were some awesome clips, especially the second. I was literally cheering you on at the end, :lol.

Ramirez

O D I N said:
Figure I'd jump in and give an update on my hacked account.

Microsoft hasn't recovered my account for me yet. :mad: Very pissed off about it.

At the moment, I don't care, as I'm going on vacation this week. But if I don't hear anything by the time I get back, I'm gonna call them again. It'll be a month at that point.

Anyway... Yeah.

If Luke hadn't of helped me get mine back, I'm fairly certain it wasn't going to happen. The guy even charged stuff on my credit card, top notch system they have over there for account recovery.

kylej

Banned
love Naded. Dude gets so pumped. I want my own house so I can scream like him at 2 in the morning while playing Halo.

Tashi0106 said:
Halo in the early afternoon is tough man. Foreign hosts all day.

At least you guys can wait until evening and have smooth connections, for us after a certain time it gets pretty shitty, unfortunately that time can be fairly early.

Anyone playing Arena?

Ken said:
I want to know why an energy blade of heated plasma can be parried by punching. I would have expected the blade to go right through the punch, regardless of armor and shielding.
Fair point. I don't doubt Halo is full of inconsistencies and for me to pick one out at random is pretty pointless. I just think it's kind of a shame that jetpackers are immune to EMPs. I'd love to be able to temporarily knock them out of the sky with the grenade launcher or a charged up plasma pistol. Hell, if it then turned out that the fall damage was sufficient to kill them I'd have no problems with that either. :)

Lucky Gonk said:
Fair point. I don't doubt Halo is full of inconsistencies and for me to pick one out at random is pretty pointless. I just think it's kind of a shame that jetpackers are immune to EMPs. I'd love to be able to temporarily knock them out of the sky with the grenade launcher or a charged up plasma pistol. Hell, if it then turned out that the fall damage was sufficient to kill them I'd have no problems with that either. :)

I've always thought EMPs should disable armor lock.

Ramirez, please don't turn this into a tedious pissing exercise. I have no doubt you're a much better and more accomplished player than me. I'm saying it'd be nice to have the option to EMP jetpackers, that's all.

The Real Napsta said:
I've always thought EMPs should disable armor lock.
I've always thought Bungie should disable armour lock. ;)

Bread

Banned
Ramirez said:
What kind of scrubs are you playing where you would have time to line up a PP shot while they're jetpacking anyways?
I don't even understand this post, jetpacking people are so easy to target...

Ramirez

Bread said:
I don't even understand this post, jetpacking people are so easy to target...

Easy to hit with a PP charge as they're flying up? The thing barely tracks ground targets. If you're trying to PP a jetpacker, you're doing it wrong anyways.

Karl2177

Hitmonchan107 said:
I've got a monster in my closet
Someone's underneath my bed
The wind's knocking at my window
I'd kill it, but it's already dead

Only thing that'll bring it back alive, woman
Is some...
Never thought I'd see Gnarls Barkley lyrics that isn't Crazy. Cooking for ya, also.

[EDIT] Well, I'm extremely impressed.

I finally completed the weekly, what a stupif thing. Í did the previous challanges with a friend so that was something new.

The 4 zealots were a real pain in the ass but Hologram became my best friend against those 4.

And I thought I could easely end the mission when I reached the gub but boy was I wrong: Had to do that over around 10 times because I had so low health.

Karl2177 said:
Never thought I'd see Gnarls Barkley lyrics that isn't Crazy. Cooking for ya, also.

[EDIT] Well, I'm extremely impressed.
Thanks!

I have a little more free time than I thought I did. Does anyone want to play Reach?

I refuse to go in alone.

Booshka said:
too many good games to watch on MLG, maybe later though.
Do you have a link?

Edit: nvm. I used something called "Google." Have you guys ever used it? It's crazy!

Tashi0106 said:
That's why I'm not posting there. They just get lost in the StarCraft talk.
I'll bring them here then.

Roy with 20 kills. Ridiculous snipes.

There's no stopping Instinct.

kylej said:
If Roy pulled off that second no-scope blain I woulda peed myself.
"Don't even try it. Oh, thank God."

vhfive

Tashi0106 said:
That's why I'm not posting there. They just get lost in the StarCraft talk.
yup
Also there is no way Instinct is not winning everything. Roy is fucking beasting so hard right now

Dynasty with the solid defense so far.

Tizoxic with the mean triple kill.

Edit: Dynasty just barely escaped Instinct's bomb arm.

Pistola just choked so hard. Dynasty 1-0.

No freaking way. Dynasty's solid defense makes the series 2-1.

bobs99 ... said:
In a way though, I prefer missions that dont include the Flood at all, Halo Reach and ODST were fantastic because of the lack of the Flood, they were a cool suprise in Halo 1, but have sort of sucked since. Hopefully 343 keeps them as secondary enemies rather than giving them the spotlight.
An amazingly cool surprise. I replayed 343 Guilty Spark yesterday and that was such a masterful way of introducing them. Perfect.

So can we muster 4 people to take on Team Schooly D tonight? All this MLG talk makes me want to see an epic showdown, but on a more personal level.

I'd prefer we send players from Team1/Team2/SuperTeam, but if they can't play I'd still like to see a more casual match.

I just want to see some more rendered clips posted while I try to keep my mind off the E3 wait...

TSD Showdown List
vhfive
vhfive
vhfive
Walshy

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm not playing against Team Schooly D.

I hope to see Instinct vs Str8 Rippin in the championships. That's sure to be amazing.

ncsuDuncan said:
So can we muster 4 people to take on Team Schooly D tonight? All this MLG talk makes me want to see an epic showdown, but on a more personal level.

I'd prefer we send players from Team1/Team2/SuperTeam, but if they can't play I'd still like to see a more casual match.

I just want to see some more rendered clips posted while I try to keep my mind off the E3 wait...

TSD Showdown List
vhfive
vhfive
vhfive
Walshy
If you really need somebody to play them then I'll be home from work probably around 8pm PST. Be warned that I haven't played Reach multiplayer in over a week. But if you need me, you have my sword.

Oozer3993

ncsuDuncan said:

TSD Showdown List
vhfive
vhfive
vhfive
Walshy

I might be able to make it.

Tashi0106 said:
Legit - TSquared - Naded - aReallyGoodNoob
Snap.

How far in the bracket are we right now? Is there a link to the bracket?

Edit: The MLG stream is brought to you by Hot Pockets and NOS Energy Drink.

That's almost as bad as NPR's All Songs Considered being sponsored by Pabst Blue Ribbon and American Spirit.

KidA Seven said:
So who is on GAF's God Squad?
Well our roster for the Halo Community Tournament was:

Nutter
Ramirez
Trasher
Plywood
Domino Theory
Thermite

Tashi0106
xxJuicesxx
kylej
Ken
A27 Tawpgun
Bread

So if Tashi is out hopefully we can still find 4 of the 11 others willing to play. Or someone that wasn't on the tournament team.

Interested players:
Barrow Roll
Oozer3993
(I think others were interested too, I need to check back over the last few pages.)

Top Bottom