• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

neoism

Dani said:
halo-message1.jpg
WTF why does Activision get to decide when to announce Bungie's game. :/

ElRenoRaven

Louis Wu said:
That wasn't Activision, that was Microsoft. Don Mattrick was flexing his muscles. (Notice the date - 2008.)

Yup. That was the great MS bitch slap of Bungie 08. It's ok though cause right after that Bungie chopped off Microsoft's manhood in the night and throw it out the window. lol

ElRenoRaven

Hydranockz said:
Not necessarily. it could be referring to Xbox Live developers or people who develop things like the Havok engine... maybe lol

Nah I do think that means what it says. Let's be honest if the Halo: CE remake exist then a third party is doing it. Also I can see a future Halo Wars title using one of the studios formed from the ashes of Ensemble and they have used third party studios for map packs several times. Prime example being the most recent Certain Affinity made ones for Reach. They also made 2 maps for Halo 2 at the same time remember.

Willeth said:
Yeah, that was the ODST reveal, wasn't it?

Yes it was. They had been building up by having the Superintendent making posts on Bungie.net and other sites. They had a countdown and all too.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Dax01 said:
Dear whomever is in charge of playlist management over at 343,

Please remove armor lock from BOOM! Ball.

Sincerely,
Dax.

Please remove armor lock.

Sincerely,
Dani.

kylej

Banned
You guys gotta believe in Frankie. Frankie will save us. The Halo rapture is approaching.

(need 2 for arena. jelyk)

Tunavi

Banned
Bread said:
A27 Tawpgun said:
PLOWIN THROUGH HELL BABY!

I was at work thinking about the CE remake (It's happening), and if it doesn't have matchmaking, I'd love to at least have custom games for multiplayer. No forge, no firefight. Just online custom games. I'm so fucking pumped now.

Dat magnum.
I miss her

edit: So excited for E3. Last summer E3 was so fucking awesome. I remember checking the bungie forums every day waiting for forge and firefight details and campaign gameplay.

Holy shit when I saw this I freaked out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iWyoxv_V8o

When they started panning up at the saber I was like, "no fucking way we're flying that thing."

Edit 2: When they release this with HD graphics at e3 next week, you know you're gonna freak out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0kHiEME0Vk

Tunavi said:
PLOWIN THROUGH HELL BABY!

I was at work thinking about the CE remake (It's happening), and if it doesn't have matchmaking, I'd love to at least have custom games for multiplayer. No forge, no firefight. Just online custom games. I'm so fucking pumped now.

Dat magnum.
I miss her

edit: So excited for E3. Last summer E3 was so fucking awesome. I remember checking the bungie forums every day waiting for forge and firefight details and campaign gameplay.

Holy shit when I saw this I freaked out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iWyoxv_V8o

When they started panning up at the saber I was like, "no fucking way we're flying that thing."
I freaked out, when Marcus had showed the Saber part of LNoS. Damn. I really got a Crimsons Skies/Star Fox vibe from it. I hope 343i will announce something. I don't want to be disappointed.

Trasher

Booshka said:
Walshy is my favorite Reach player now, watching his POV, he pretty much only Paces.
Why is there no commentating? I need my Puckett.

Omg. Walshy chants. You fapping to this too Kyle?

kylej

Banned
Trasher said:
Why is there no commentating? I need my Puckett.

Omg. Walshy chants. You fapping to this too Kyle?

lol nah not watching, currently dumping on kids with the regular gang. Is Walsh beasting right now? I love that man.

Trasher

kylej said:
lol nah not watching, currently dumping on kids with the regular gang. Is Walsh beasting right now? I love that man.
WALSHY WALSHY WALSHY

lol

Edit: Awwww they just lost in the fifth game. :(

GhaleonEB

Hypertrooper said:
I freaked out, when Marcus had showed the Saber part of LNoS. Damn. I really got a Crimsons Skies/Star Fox vibe from it. I hope 343i will announce something. I don't want to be disappointed.
I'll be shocked if they don't. Two more days to find out, though. :D

I got an assignment at work that needs to be wrapped by noon. To accommodate watching the conference at work, I'm going to finish it Sunday night. E3 has me working on the weekend. :lol

I wish Arena had the jackpot all the time, search times without it are rdicilously long. Hopefully, many players have experienced that it isn't too bad and will stick around.

Bungie or 343 should explain how arena works though. Many of my friends don't understand it and the data they have seen (division placement for example) is conflicting.

Trasher

Tha Robbertster said:
I wish Arena had the jackpot all the time, search times without it are rdicilously long. Hopefully, many players have experienced that it isn't too bad and will stick around.

Bungie or 343 should explain how arena works though. Many of my friends don't understand it and the data they have seen (division placement for example) is conflicting.
Bungie did a poor job of labeling and promoting it I think. The average gamer probably sees it as a sort of "MLGesque" type of playlist, which it really isn't.

Trasher said:
Bungie did a poor job of labeling and promoting it I think. The average gamer probably sees it as a sort of "MLGesque" type of playlist, which it really isn't.

The last thing I heard about it was that it now was win/lose-based but I don't think that's completely true, or losing 3 more games then your friends really is very important for your placement.

GhaleonEB

kylej

Banned
Captain Blood said:
As long as you guys don't mind putting on a backpack.

I have a Yoda backpack for when I ride my motorcycle.

not me but same vibe

209695918_43f7ca6cdc.jpg

it rules.

I'll be on to wape kids in Arena after Bruins.

Is there a limit to how many jackpots you can win? At first playing arena today I got a bunch of higher slot machines along with a jackpot.

Now the slot machine is in the hundreds every time again.

Bread said:

Why the hell is there one-flag on Hemorrhage?

Dani said:

Please remove armor lock.

Sincerely,
Dani.

I was about to post that same thing when I read his post haha.

minasodaboy said:
Is there a limit to how many jackpots you can win? At first playin arena I got a bunch of higher slot machines and then I got the jackpot.

Now the slot machine is in the hundreds every time again.

You can only win the super jackpot once a day I believe.

Trasher

MLG is another beast entirely. I feel like I have to relearn the whole damn game, which makes it tough because of the haggardness that Reach causes... Makes the game not very fun, and I find myself getting bored and making stupid decisions.

Ramirez

Trasher said:
Good times donging in Arena. BKs everywhere! Ram, Nutz, Blood: we need to play some.

Blood almost joined you in the goose egg club last night, he was lucky the game was to 75, el oh el.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Trasher said:
MLG is another beast entirely. I feel like I have to relearn the whole damn game, which makes it tough because of the haggardness that Reach causes... Makes the game not very fun, and I find myself getting bored and making stupid decisions.
You did well today. We gotta play again.

Top Bottom