• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Oozer3993 said:
I hope the MS briefing is nothing but Kinect, including Halo: Anniversary, made specifically for Kinect. Point at the screen and say "pew pew" to fire your pistol, pound the ground to initiate Armor Lock, a brand new addition to this storied game.
Reminds me of
Dead Space 2
's easter eggs. :lol

Oozer3993 said:
I hope the MS briefing is nothing but Kinect, including Halo: Anniversary, made specifically for Kinect. Point at the screen and say "pew pew" to fire your pistol, pound the ground to initiate Armor Lock, a brand new addition to this storied game.
Haha, same! That's what I'm hoping the Halo:CE remake will be like, too. Both will have customizable armor and with kinect, you can view yourself wearing it. Film-mode will have nothing to do with matchmaking. Instead, players will be able to record themselves dancing in spartan armor!

Kibbles

Oozer3993 said:
5k56l4.gif

I dont have kinect, but I've played it with friend's who do have it. I actually like Dance Central, lol. I wonder if I shouldn't admit these things. Guilty pleasures!

GhaleonEB

Sai-kun said:
Will you sell your kinect to me?
Nah. It was a birthday present for my kids, and they play it every now and then. But I consider it a waste of money.

I'm so depressed about what the next gen will bring.

Karl2177

GhaleonEB said:
Nah. It was a birthday present for my kids, and they play it every now and then. But I consider it a waste of money.

I'm so depressed about what the next gen will bring.
But bro, the future doesn't need controllers! Why? BECAUSE YOU ARE THE CONTROLLER!!!

My instinct is telling me that E3 isn't going to be that good, because M$ & Sony are going to be pushing content for the Move/Kinect. Hopefully Nintendo shows their new console, and beats the hell out of M$ & Sony. 343, please don't fall for the Kinect.

Crucio

Yeah, It would be sad to see a huge conference full of Kinect and Move products and nothing truly exciting.

Does anyone have good source to download the Microsoft press conference for free? I don't remember if Gamespot offers free downloads for that.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Barrow Roll said:
Doesn't look like I'll be home from work in time to play Schooly Ds team, not that any one gives a shit anyways.
Fuck your negative attitude Barrow Bro.

<3

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Karl2177 said:
But bro, the future doesn't need controllers! Why? BECAUSE YOU ARE THE CONTROLLER!!!

My instinct is telling me that E3 isn't going to be that good, because M$ & Sony are going to be pushing content for the Move/Kinect. Hopefully Nintendo shows their new console, and beats the hell out of M$ & Sony. 343, please don't fall for the Kinect.
I don't think Sony will push move like MS will push Kinect.

Oozer3993

Dear People Who Just Voted for BTB Snipers on Boneyard,

I don't know what traumatic event in your childhood caused you to be like this, but there are plenty of wonderful, fully board certified psychiatrists who would be willing to help. All you need to do is crack open the Yellow Pages, or make a quick trip to Google.

Sincerely,

Oozer

Nutter

Kinect this Kinect that....

MS as a Publisher is dead to me outside of Halo and Forza now.. Sigh. IF Nintendo can muster up all the Third Parties, im going back to being a Nintendo Fanboy.

Kibbles

Nutter said:
Kinect this Kinect that....

MS as a Publisher is dead to me outside of Halo and Forza now.. Sigh. IF Nintendo can muster up all the Third Parties, im going back to being a Nintendo Fanboy.
Pretty much, although I'm slightly interested in what Gears is going to show, I'm only really hyped for whatever Halo stuff is going to be there. Everything else looks like Kinect throwaway garbage. E3 not very exciting this year. I'm hoping Microsoft has some non-Kinect surprises, but who the hell am I kidding. =( Can't wait for Battlefield 3 MP stuff from EA though.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Hydranockz said:
Yo Dani, I really enjoyed the bingo card you have up this year. Touched on some sweet stuff.

=)

Going to stick up an E3 chatroom for HaloGAF tomorrow, was good fun last year during the conferences. Will be interesting to see reactions tomorrow.

IF there is something Halo related tomorrow, I will be keeping track of all the various links from across the web in easy to find place.

Usually GAF slows to a crawl or goes down completely too.

Booshka

The last couple years of console gaming has pushed me toward PC gaming, I'm saving up to build about a 750 dollar PC for Skyrim and BF3. I'm tired of consoles and the best hardcore games being on XBLA and PSN.

Dead

well not really...yet
So I just got back into playing Reach multi, took the occasion to get the dlc maps

Im never going to play any of the Noble maps in matchmaking, am I?

Kibbles

Dani said:
=)

Going to stick up an E3 chatroom for HaloGAF tomorrow, was good fun last year during the conferences. Will be interesting to see reactions tomorrow.

IF there is something Halo related tomorrow, I will be keeping track of all the various links from across the web in easy to find place.

Usually GAF slows to a crawl or goes down completely too.
Awesome thanks, should be fun.

GhaleonEB

Tunavi said:
MrBig's ban lifts 6/19

Anyone want to party up?

edit: Anyone need to do the weekly still? I haven't done it.
Sad thing is Dennis2k has been shitting up that thread aggressively from page 1 and MrBig's post was entirely understandable. I've put him on ignore so I don't get frustrated, since I assume he's going to do the same for every Skyrim thread.

E3 tomorrow, Firefight Doubles Tuesday (??). Woo!

It might as well be Christmas Eve.

NINTENDO SIXTY FOURRRRRR

Really, aside from Halo one of my biggest interests is any possible new Xbox features or dashboard upgrades.

Tawpgun

ncsuDuncan said:

NINTENDO SIXTY FOURRRRRR

Really, aside from Halo one of my biggest interests is any possible new Xbox features or dashboard upgrades.

Fucking XBL Primetime. They need to expand upon that. 1vs100 >>>>> Full House Poker.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
ncsuDuncan said:

NINTENDO SIXTY FOURRRRRR

Xbox Live Diamond. Extra tier subscription giving Americans, and Americans only, some TV service thingie. Pass.

Booshka

Dani said:
Xbox Live Diamond. Extra tier subscription giving Americans, and Americans only, some TV service thingie. Pass.
I remember having the Card for Xbox Live Diamond like 4 years ago. It had discounts for food and stuff totally unrelated to gaming.

I never used it, just thought it was cool to have my GT on a Card, don't know what I did with it though.

GhaleonEB

Just spent the last several minutes with me and one other player in Firefight Limited, a dude who dies 16 times. I save his bacon over and over, including taking out a Brute Chieftain at the very end right before it pancakes him up against a wall. He thanks me by chasing me around the map with a Gravity Hammer and FRG unloading everything he has for the next two minutes...during the final boss wave. He steps in front of me while I throw a grenade at a Chieftain, it kills me - my first death - he dies right after.

The Mos Eisley of player bases, I tell ya.

Edit: after exchanging a bunch of messages with him explaining that I was trying to help, he's sheepishly apologized and sent me a friend request. I'm respectfully declining.

Edit 2: now he's stalking me. Had to block communications. :lol

Oozer3993

Booshka said:
I remember having the Card for Xbox Live Diamond like 4 years ago. It had discounts for food and stuff totally unrelated to gaming.

I never used it, just thought it was cool to have my GT on a Card, don't know what I did with it though.

7Kt87.jpg

I'd whip that out to get a discount on a foot long at Subway and the girls would audibly swoon.

Booshka

GhaleonEB said:
Four game in area and one (aborted) game in BTB was enough MP for the next few weeks for me. I keep wanting Reach's MP not to be so bad, but that doesn't make it so.
It really is shit. Too bad it takes me 30 mins to find a FF Limited game that doesn't have input lag.

Booshka

Dani said:
Such a thing actually exists? I've never come across it.
I've played one non laggy game, I think I was the host, which was unbearable for the other players, 1 quit and 2 went AFK to get their Credits. Awesome.

Makes me wonder how much better this game could perform without all the Armor Customization bullshit. I know the Frame Rate would be better if colors were the only thing that was customizable. Halo is too casual to put frame rate and performance ahead of shoulder pads and visors though.

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
Such a thing actually exists? I've never come across it.
Playlists --> Cooperative --> Score Attack

The cooperative net code, more than anything else, is what holds Firefight back from being a great online experience (and, I think, more popular than it is). I hope 343i has some plans to rework it in future games.

GhaleonEB said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNuRQmvykwk

I own Kinect. I hate it. Hate hate hate hate hate it. So if they come out full swinging with Kinect, or enable the Halo remake for Kinect, as I expect, I'll be bummed.

MS will come out swinging with Kinect guaranteed, especially with how well it has sold.

Have a bit of an open mind though, based on whats been popping up on the interwebz, it looks like we are going to see how Kinect "enhances" traditional games alongside the controller. The tech could certainly be used in interesting ways in that fashion. If it is or not remains to be seen.

Dani said:

Jealous

:p

Also, if the community forum is closed for E3 crazyness, see you guys on the other side.

Top Bottom