• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Tunavi said:
If we have CE firefight with CE weapons as DLC for Reach, then that means they will have to put the CE weapons into Reach through a title update. If we see CE weapons/mechanics in Reach, we could see them in multiplayer. Just a thought.

Well they could include CE weapons in the CEA firefight map without a title update. Those weapon would just be tied to that .map file.

Ramirez said:
Ah, I see. Still though, I don't think a sniper was needed, everyone always ignores the GL, but the thing absolutely wapes, I vote for SB/PH every time they pop up so I can dong with it. Really wish it was on more maps, no idea why it's used so little...

Amazing weapon, and I wish it was on more maps.

You still won't catch me voting for swordbase though. Ever.

Tunavi said:
If we have CE firefight with CE weapons as DLC for Reach, then that means they will have to put the CE weapons into Reach through a title update. If we see CE weapons/mechanics in Reach, we could see them in multiplayer. Just a thought.
I'm not sure, but where did this information come from? They just said, that the FF map is based on an obvious campaign area. 343i/Certain Affinity can rebuild the map on the Reach engine.

Barrow Roll said:
So is the 2010 reissue of Fall of Reach the most up to date? I saw a listing on Amazon for a Mass Market Paperback to be released later this month but I assume that's just the same book in a smaller size with the same number of changes (apparently not much) as the 2010 reissue. I haven't read Fall of Reach in years but I remember it being great. Then I can forget about the events of Halo Reach ever happening in their nonsensical ways even if the Campaign is pretty darn fun.
Someone answer mah questions plz.

Barrow Roll said:
The 2010 was a mass market paperback, too. Dunno what the difference between the new one and the 2010 one is, though. They probably fixed the errors in the latter, because they accidentally printed an older draft of the novel.

So, the most up to date? Storywise, no. It has a little bit of extra content, though, from what I hear, but I haven't bought it myself.

Striker

Steelyuhas said:
They haven't said Hang em High, but there is a pretty obvious shot of it in the trailer.

If there is TWO Halo 3 maps, I will rage.
Pretty much.

Unknown PC map (Halo 1)
Hang 'em High (Halo 1)
Damnation (Halo 1)
Beaver Creek (Halo 2)

The other two, which are normal maps, would hopefully be from Halo 2, and my preference boils down to three maps: Headlong, Zanzibar, Terminal. Nothing else should even matter.

Tawpgun

Ramirez said:
Funny thing happened today, I was playing arena Boardwalk, had a sniper, killed their sniper, picked his ammo up, had 20 bullets and he still had more ammo on the ground. I walk 10 feet down the map and get sniped by another sniper, so ridiculously stupid, there was literally enough ammo in my sniper to put it at about 4 active snipers on the map at one time. I really don't understand how things like this are still present in the game, Asylum has the same issue, there's never a moment in a game where a sniper isn't in play.

Indeed. I say bring back the H2 power weapon system. Only one power weapon on map at all times. I remember keeping the rockets in my back pocket so they wouldn't spawn anymore.

I don't know about that, I really prefer the timing system. I have no idea how you got that much sniper ammo (blackscreen maybe?) but yea Bungie should be more vigilante in understanding how much power weapon ammo will be available throughout the game.

Also, how have they not fixed the power weapon/blackscreen issue?

Steelyuhas said:
They haven't said Hang em High, but there is a pretty obvious shot of it in the trailer.

If there is TWO Halo 3 maps, I will rage.
Why? Six maps, two from each of the main Halo games. Seems fair. I would love to see Citadel and The Pit get another chance. Citadel was a fantastic map. I personally enjoyed it more than any of the small- to mid-size maps in Halo 2.

Tawpgun

xxjuicesxx said:
I don't know about that, I really prefer the timing system. I have no idea how you got that much sniper ammo (blackscreen maybe?) but yea Bungie should be more vigilante in understanding how much power weapon ammo will be available throughout the game.

I suppose H2 is a bit of an extreme.

They just need to be able to detect how many weapons are on the map at one time and fix the black screen issue.

Anyway, I really hope they can AT LEAST add classic, no bloom weapons to the .maps of the new maps. Including tweaked nades. Not sure if they can change melee mechanics.

Would be cool if a TU could add them to customs options and forge in the old maps, but I don't know if that's possible.

We're definitely getting SOME kind of classic settings. Why would Frankie say they'll be adding a playlist to make it more classic if one already exists?

Tunavi said:
They've never said once that all the multiplayer maps are CE only. And we only get 6 because the firefight map counts as the seventh.

Its officially June, motherfuckers!

Technically they remade Beaver Creek which is a Halo 2 map, not Battle Creek the Halo CE map.

Tashi0106 said:
Ummmm serious glitch in MLG CTF Countdown going on right now. You can capture the flag while yours is away, it says "Flag Captured" but the score doesn't update. Always something huh?

Same thing happened to me in Team Classic, if i scored when the flag is away I didn't get a point.

stats:
http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=640338168&player=The%20Real%20Napsta

My score says I have one cap, but if you look at my medals it says I have 3.

Tunavi said:

You don't need a title update to add new weapons to new maps. Though you might need one for adding the weapon tags to the gametype UI.

Premium Battle seems like a cool playlist. Some suggestions:
1. Give very heavy weighting to Tempest and Highlands because those are the only two maps worth playing objective on.
2. Give everything else low weighting.

Edit: Also, I went 22-0 on my last game. ;)

Kuroyume

Banned
I don't like the Halo: CE maps they picked for the remake pack. Wasn't too crazy about the Hang em high remake in Halo 2, and I don't like it at all in the classic playlist. If the original Damnation sucks as much as it does in classic then I can't say I like that it's being remade too. It would have been better if they remade Sidewinder/Avalanche again since BTB could use it.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Dax01 said:
Why? Six maps, two from each of the main Halo games. Seems fair. I would love to see Citadel and The Pit get another chance. Citadel was a fantastic map. I personally enjoyed it more than any of the small- to mid-size maps in Halo 2.
Every time you post I am so glad they will do the exact opposite of what you think is good.

Ramirez said:
everyone always ignores the GL, but the thing absolutely wapes, I vote for SB/PH every time they pop up so I can dong with it. Really wish it was on more maps, no idea why it's used so little...
My favourite addition in Reach from Halo 3.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dax01 said:
Mmmm I would rather The Pit and maybe Narrows. However with the DMR and hitscan, Narrows would play very differently.

Dax01 said:

I don't care about it being fair, I want the six best and classic maps there are. Citadel is a very good map, but most of the small to mid sized H2 maps are clearly sent straight down from the heavens.

Tashi0106 said:
Mmmm I would rather The Pit and maybe Narrows. However with the DMR and hitscan, Narrows would play very differently.

I'd pick Citadel over Narrows personally. The DMR would break Narrows I think.

Tashi

Just got word that my Astro Mixamp came in just now. A day early, fuck yes. Gonna have voice for my stream now, pretty awesome.

Steelyuhas said:
I don't care about it being fair, I want the six best and classic maps there are. Citadel is a very good map, but most of the small to mid sized H2 maps are clearly sent straight down from the heavens.

Agreed. I would rather they only take The Pit from Halo 3. Halo 2 had the better maps and deserves more maps.

Pinnacle was bad when it was Ascenion.

Combined with Reach weapons, AAs, and balance, it's barely playable.

My favorite Halo 3 maps are High Ground and Valhalla, but one of them is only great for round-based objective modes, and the other is the best version of a map that's already in the game (essentially).

I also really like the DLC, but for some reason I don't think fans and 343 consider DLC maps as 'classics'.

So whatever. I'm happy with any Halo 3 maps making or not making the cut.

Honestly, I just want a remake of every Halo 2 map that's not in the game, including DLC.

Make it a $40 map pack, I don't care, just give it to me.

I really want a Midship remake. It was the best map in Halo 2 and Halo 3 (IMO) and plays Slayer, Assault, Oddball, KOTH, and CTF really well.

Seems like a no brainer to me if they are remaking Halo 2 maps.

LAUGHTREY said:
Every time you post I am so glad they will do the exact opposite of what you think is good.
Right. Just like when I told you that the CE remake wouldn't include multiplayer because 343/MS wouldn't want to fragment the user base, and you told me that they wouldn't do that for that reason because it was utterly absurd...yet here we are.

:)

FPS Fan

Neo Member
Well, that's disappointing, to say the least. Went into Premium Slayer expecting to finally get a chance to play Tempest slayer in its best form, and of course, the Premium Slayer gametype has all vehicles set to mongeese. Same thing in Highlands. I mean, there may only be 5 people per team, but there's all the anti-vehicle weapons on the map still, and it makes no sense why they wouldn't want more vehicle play on these maps that are built around vehicles. I miss 4v4s with vehicles from Halo 3, they were a good way of providing a "power weapon" that you wanted your team to control.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Barrow Roll said:

2010 edition and the upcoming paperback include the same text. There aren't any story differences or additions. The difference in page count is attributed to the physical page size difference between the release from last year and the smaller paperback.

Tashi0106 said:
Just got word that my Astro Mixamp came in just now. A day early, fuck yes. Gonna have voice for my stream now, pretty awesome.

You need to get some of that Blackmagic for your stream.

Need more players in party. Get on Reach now.

Barrow Roll said:

At any time while reading the Definitive Edition of The Fall of Reach you can press a button on the Back of the book and the text switches to the original non-updated version. The plot is practically identical, but the updated font looks amazing. The audiobook has been re-recorded using a full orchestra.

This version of the book also allows for cooperative reading over Xbox Live. You and a friend (who also has a copy of the book and Gold XBL account) can take turns reading paragraphs over the XBL Party Chat.

As an added bonus, the book comes with 7 "classic" chapters from all of the Halo novels, remastered with a new font and updated to take place within the Contact Harvest story.

Some pages of the book have new footnotes, a secret narration by 343 Guilty Spark that tells a new story and could possibly connect The Fall of Reach to the mysterious first book of the new trilogy, Halo: Cryptum.

;)

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
lybertyboy said:
2010 edition and the upcoming paperback include the same text. There aren't any story differences or additions. The difference in page count is attributed to the physical page size difference between the release from last year and the smaller paperback.

WAIT...you changed the page sizes!? You know, I was ready to forgive you for failing to include MC's canonical cod piece, but now you've gone to far!

NO SALE

(send me a free copy and all is forgiven, you hairy bastard)

Tashi

xxjuicesxx said:
You need to get some of that Blackmagic for your stream.

Need more players in party. Get on Reach now.
Well I play with a monitor so I can't go the HDMI route. I'll have to figure something out once I build my PC.

So I know it's not for a while, but since all of the PAX badges are sold out likely everyone that is going has bought their passes... Who here is planning on going to E3 this year?

We should definitely plan another GAF get together (Breakfast get together wasn't a complete failure, we could do something similar again perhaps?)

Devin Olsen said:
So I know it's not for a while, but since all of the PAX badges are sold out likely everyone that is going has bought their passes... Who here is planning on going to PAX this year?

We should definitely plan another GAF get together (Breakfast get together wasn't a complete failure, we could do something similar again perhaps?)
HaloGAF goes to PAX:
ncsuDuncan
Hitmonchan107
Hypertrooper
GhaleonEB
Louis Wu
Devin Olsen

And I assume:
OuterWorldVoice
Lybertyboy
Urk?

Devin Olsen said:
So I know it's not for a while, but since all of the PAX badges are sold out likely everyone that is going has bought their passes... Who here is planning on going to E3 this year?

Today is the last day of the E3. :/

Tashi

Dax01 said:
Yo, Tashi, you owe me like three or four weekly montages, bro!
I owe you like 5 lol. I got a summer job so my play time has been cut down to "not enough for weekly montages" hahaha

Tawpgun

Tunavi said:
I don't know if its the bloom or the gun itself, but I'm really starting to dislike the DMR.
I'm actually getting better controlling it. Plus, the zoom in spam for the final shot trick works wonders if you get stuck In a spam fight .

Ramirez

xxjuicesxx said:

Nope, this is a common problem on BW/Asylum, the respawns are just way too quick. Also, the Halo 2 system sucked balls, holding on to an empty weapon not allowing it to respawn is lame.

Shake Appeal said:
My favourite addition in Reach from Halo 3.

Yup, the only thing 343 should keep for the next game.

Ramirez said:
Nope, this is a common problem on BW/Asylum, the respawns are just way too quick. Also, the Halo 2 system sucked balls, holding on to an empty weapon not allowing it to respawn is lame.

Reminds me of people grabbing rockets and then grabbing Banshee on Ascension and becoming invincible.

Also good games Overdozez Tunavi Xeno Choco Kwatz and so on. Huge winning spree lately, I think its nearing 50 games.

Ramirez

xxjuicesxx said:
Reminds me of people grabbing rockets and then grabbing Banshee on Ascension and becoming invincible.

Also good games Overdozez Tunavi Xeno Choco Kwatz and so on. Huge winning spree lately, I think its nearing 50 games.

I made it to 80 a few weeks ago, and as soon as I mentioned it, I lost the next game, lol. /jinx

I've seen more progression in the past week then I'll see in a few months, hit Onyx Assistant, and leveled up to Legend. I'll see my next pop up in about 2 months I suppose. :p

GhaleonEB said:
http://prime.paxsite.com/registration.php

$60 was the three day price. I consider it a steal considering what I get to experience over those three days.

Thanks! I will probably try and attend next year.

In other news, my parents just told me they want me to go to E3, lol wut?

xxjuicesxx said:

I have not been able to play since before the playlist update!!! I have Halo cravings man....

How is firefight doubles?

Are you happy with the changes, Ghaleon?

Top Bottom