• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

GhaleonEB said:
http://prime.paxsite.com/registration.php

$60 was the three day price. I consider it a steal considering what I get to experience over those three days.
Definitely... If you're planning on going buy tickets as soon as they are released! They sold out within a month this year, and are now selling for over $200.00 (stupid scalpers).

Ghal & company I look forward to seeing you all again this year. Certainly one of my more favourable yearly traditions.

*Also my mistake calling PAX E3 in my previous post.

vhfive

Karl2177 said:
I'm a big fan of the assassination. I just wish there was a better way to distinguish a beat down from an assassination.
I wish there was objective assassinations. I want to put the end of a flag pole through someone's visor.

feel

urk said:
WAIT...you changed the page sizes!? You know, I was ready to forgive you for failing to include MC's canonical cod piece, but now you've gone to far!

NO SALE

(send me a free copy and all is forgiven, you hairy bastard)
Soooo, the mighty urk is finally kicked back down and forced to be amongst us the mere HaloGAF plebeians as we beg for Halo-flavored crumbs from the new Dev Lords, we've waited so long!!! :mad: GET HIM GUYS!!!

ncsuDuncan said:
[REDACTED]
Fi[REDACTED]

I think part of the reason we didn't get nearly as many of the "wanted" remakes in Halo 3 because of the fact that there were so many moving parts on them. Even with Last Resort, it presented forging issues when people tried jamming or slowing down the fan and thus slowed down the game. Remaking something like Terminal in Halo 3 would have just resulted in people placing tons of vehicles/immovable scenery/etc on the tracks in hopes of derailing the train, etc. I don't think this is going to be as much of a problem with Reach, considering you can always just make objects phase through things. I know that sounds stupid, but they had to prevent the center platform in Heretic from moving around and several other "static liberties" had to be taken with some of the other remakes.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
I got an iPhone 4 yesterday and downloaded the Kindle app so I could get Halo: Cryptum. Read the first 23 pages last night. Looking forward to more.

Oh and speaking of, 343, can we have mobile wallpapers of the various Halo 4 images, please?

Mr Vociferous said:
The 2010 version with "The Definitive Edition" on its cover is the most up-to-date copy of all printings.
lybertyboy said:
2010 edition and the upcoming paperback include the same text. There aren't any story differences or additions. The difference in page count is attributed to the physical page size difference between the release from last year and the smaller paperback.
Straight from the horses mouths. Yes, 343 is a horse. Thanks fellas.

ncsuDuncan said:
At any time while reading the Definitive Edition of The Fall of Reach you can press a button on the Back of the book and the text switches to the original non-updated version. The plot is practically identical, but the updated font looks amazing. The audiobook has been re-recorded using a full orchestra.

This version of the book also allows for cooperative reading over Xbox Live. You and a friend (who also has a copy of the book and Gold XBL account) can take turns reading paragraphs over the XBL Party Chat.

As an added bonus, the book comes with 7 "classic" chapters from all of the Halo novels, remastered with a new font and updated to take place within the Contact Harvest story.

Some pages of the book have new footnotes, a secret narration by 343 Guilty Spark that tells a new story and could possibly connect The Fall of Reach to the mysterious first book of the new trilogy, Halo: Cryptum.

;)
iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg

Trasher said:
i9mEO.gif

A27 Tawpgun said:
Indeed. I say bring back the H2 power weapon system. Only one power weapon on map at all times. I remember keeping the rockets in my back pocket so they wouldn't spawn anymore.
I would love this. Power weapons are just a crutch in Halo nowadays. No point in using anything else. Precision weapons were too powerful so they got nerfed, but sniper rifles with infinite ammo are pretty sweet :-/ And with the way weapons spawn in games, especially when people quit out, power weapons are everywhere. Multiple people with the grenade launcher, the sword, the hammer, the rocket launcher, and everything else. Barf! Countdown, which is probably my favorite Reach map, gets ruined by swords, concussion rifles and shotguns everywhere.

Crucio

Wowzers, so far so good on the June Update. I've played Firefight Double, I gotta say, its perfect for my play style. Its also very generous, a gold mine in some words. Lots a credits, almost 20K credits in two games, that's with Challenges done.

Sword Base with Sniper again, feels good. Haven't used it much yet though.

Crucio said:
Wowzers, so far so good on the June Update. I've played Firefight Double, I gotta say, its perfect for my play style. Its also very generous, a gold mine in some words. Lots a credits, almost 20K credits in two games, that's with Challenges done.

Sword Base with Sniper again, feels good. Haven't used it much yet though.

What playlists is Sword Base still in? I feel like every new playlist they come out with magically lacks Sword Base. Not that the sniper can save that map, but I'm a little curious to play it with the sniper and the new location of the GL.

Lazslo said:
So good

Also Dani the one picture of MC on the right looks so much like Halo 2' Glory Shot- mmmmmm Halo 2.

Nice! Will watch later.

Lazslo

"We don't want to fragment the Reach MP userbase" Fuck that- If they knew people would play it- why do they give a fuck if it divides the fanbase- people are still playing Halo. I think they didn't put Halo CE MP in because it would be fucking hard, time consuming/conflicting with deadlines and would fuck the game up. I kinda wish Franky just said- "It would fuck our game up"- they don't have to give us any other reason besides that. When they say it would fragment the Halo MP userbase it just sounds like Big Business bullshit (which Halo is, but fuck I don't wanna actually think about that) I really hope when talking to the press in the future, in context to why CE MP was left out- they just simply say it would screw the game up that you remember and love- thats all. [/rant]

Dani said:
"Master Chief's cup." It's something minor, but it's oh so huge.
A27 Tawpgun said:
Indeed. I say bring back the H2 power weapon system. Only one power weapon on map at all times. I remember keeping the rockets in my back pocket so they wouldn't spawn anymore.
Oh my god no. I still have nightmares from Halo 2 games on Ivory Tower when the other team managed to corner my team and get three or four of the power weapons, leaving none for my team, and getting completely pounded.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Lazslo said:
"We don't want to fragment the Reach MP userbase" Fuck that- If they knew people would play it- why do they give a fuck if it divides the fanbase- people are still playing Halo. I think they didn't put Halo CE MP in because it would be fucking hard, time consuming/conflicting with deadlines and would fuck the game up. I kinda wish Franky just said- "It would fuck our game up"- they don't have to give us any other reason besides that. When they say it would fragment the Halo MP userbase it just sounds like Big Business bullshit (which Halo is, but fuck I don't wanna actually think about that) I really hope when talking to the press in the future, in context to why CE MP was left out- they just simply say it would screw the game up that you remember and love- thats all. [/rant]

I knew that if CEA existed, then there would be no multiplayer. I explained the reasons why at length and thought it would be obvious too so I was honestly shocked that people were disappointed by the lack of it's inclusion.

I've been further surprised by just how important CE's multiplayer seems to be to some folks. The fact that people won't even buy CEA because of the lack of CE multiplayer in spite of every it does have, and reduced RRP, is just mind blowing.

CE Multiplayer inclusion would have been sweet but still, the reaction is just fierce in some areas.

Lazslo

Dani said:
I knew that if CEA existed, then there would be no multiplayer. I explained the reasons why at length and thought it would be obvious too so I was honestly shocked that people were disappointed by the lack of it's inclusion.

I've been further surprised by just how important CE's multiplayer seems to be to some folks. The fact that people won't even buy CEA because of the lack of CE multiplayer in spite of every it does have, and reduced RRP, is just mind blowing.

CE Multiplayer inclusion would have been sweet but still, the reaction is just fierce in some areas.
Yeah I totally understand why It's not going in. I just think that if the main, bottom-line reason was because it would screw with Reach's MP numbers- As Halo Devs- Their doing it wrong. If the main reason is due to deadlines and the addition of MP effecting the experience of the overall game- then they made the right decision. I guess what I'm trying to say is: Just don't tell Halo Fans you didn't add something they would love because it would screw around with something they don't give a shit about- like Halo: Reach MP statistics. It just sounds like bad PR. Lie to me and make up some complex reason using big words.

Tawpgun

Dax01 said:
Oh my god no. I still have nightmares from Halo 2 games on Ivory Tower when the other team managed to corner my team and get three or four of the power weapons, leaving none for my team, and getting completely pounded.

Fair enough. Halo 2 is one extreme, Reach is another. I prefer the H2 extreme to the Reach one but a balance would be ideal.

Letters said:
:(

You made one look like Halo 2 marketing (triggering bad campaign memories for me) and the other a Halo Reach forge map (triggers memories of horrible MP).

Halo 2 campaign bad?

wat.

Top Bottom