• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Tunavi said:
Achievements aren't necessarily bad. I'll use the ODST firefight achievements as an excuse to get people to play firefight with me. I'm always down to get Endure. It's just annoying when people in the pregame lobby say, "Vote for stockpile! I need the achievement!" Yeah, well stockpile sucks and I don't care about your achievements. And I know that they wouldn't play stockpile otherwise. And yeah, DLC with achievements will never be free. So there goes the whole concept of DLC being free after a while. :(

edit: HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Wow that is hilarious! I have no idea why people play Infection so I don't worry about it, but still funny shit.

Now DLC w/achievements is the rule for free marketplace content, but I doubt that MS would be making much stuff free regardless. They make to much money on marketplace content.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ummmm serious glitch in MLG CTF Countdown going on right now. You can capture the flag while yours is away, it says "Flag Captured" but the score doesn't update. Always something huh?

Striker said:
So Premium Battle adopted the awful BTB style, aka Halo 3 awful bomb arm system, so that is out of my desire to play.

Yeah I played a one bomb on Breakpoint and the other team would fly a Falcon over right when the round started with the bomb carrier standing on the roof. Instant plant when they fly him low.

Stupid.

Kuroyume

Banned
Why did he change that? Has Jeremiah ever given a reason? It's just so stupid. They went to the older system because people complained about the Halo 3 version and then he just goes back to it? It's kind of like the betrayal system. They changed it to the inferior Halo 3 version of it too.

Tawpgun

Tunavi said:
Achievements aren't necessarily bad. I'll use the ODST firefight achievements as an excuse to get people to play firefight with me. I'm always down to get Endure. It's just annoying when people in the pregame lobby say, "Vote for stockpile! I need the achievement!" Yeah, well stockpile sucks and I don't care about your achievements. And I know that they wouldn't play stockpile otherwise. And yeah, DLC with achievements will never be free. So there goes the whole concept of DLC being free after a while. :(

edit: HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
Love one of the comments.

Adapt.

kylej

Banned
Kuroyume said:
Why did he change that? Has Jeremiah ever given a reason? It's just so stupid. They went to the older system because people complained about the Halo 3 version and then he just goes back to it? It's kind of like the betrayal system. They changed it to the inferior Halo 3 version of it too.

Please don't jump the gun with these types of comments. The game just launched, give them time to sort out the kinks.

FPS Fan

Neo Member
Interesting thing in the playlist changelist. Looks like Jeremiah listened to some of the people who wanted the weapons list changed on Sword Base back towards the beta map.

* Replaced Grenade Launcher with a Sniper Rifle
* Replaced Concussion Rifle with a Grenade Launcher

Doesn't necessarily stop camping in the lift room, but an interesting change that incentivizes the opposite side of the map entirely.

Tunavi

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
Love one of the comments.

Adapt.
lol thats a meme on bungie.net. You can pretty much respond to any thread with "adapt." doesn't even have to relate to the topic.
Premium battle, anyone?

Tunavi said:
I love achievements. They're mad fun. Maxing out Gamerscore and Trophies are a little extra something to do after you've finished the main game. Multiplayer achievements suck because they negatively influence how someone plays the game. That's bad.

Frankie's comments really have me on my toes. It really sounds like CEA maps will get more than just what Team Classic has to offer in terms of gameplay.

The campaign terminals have me excited. Where will they be hidden, how are they integrated into the levels, and how will they look in the old graphic style?

Really excited. Especially with the hints at adding replay value. Skulls? That would be amazing.

Blah, I really hope we get one more map pack unrelated to CEA. And maybe some achievements like the vidmasters. I would love for some more interesting achievements.

ncsuDuncan said:
Frankie's comments really have me on my toes. It really sounds like CEA maps will get more than just what Team Classic has to offer in terms of gameplay.

The campaign terminals have me excited. Where will they be hidden, how are they integrated into the levels, and how will they look in the old graphic style?

Really excited. Especially with the hints at adding replay value. Skulls? That would be amazing.

I hope the skulls are hidden. I was sad with Reach and no hidden skulls. They could have at least had them in the MP maps or DLC but nooooo.. ='(

Hydranockz said:
So wait, ye guys are saying now that the CE pistol was not OP but instead was a weapon so steep in it's learning curve that it was incredibly difficult to use/master? Never change Gaf.

I feel sorry for Frankie for clearly misinterpreting what was such a clear view all these years...
Well to be fair, I was the only one to say anything about the steep learning curve. I went back and tried to explain my thinking, even if it really didn't explain anything, lol.
Here

Honestly, I would be totally fine with the bringing back the original Halo:CE pistol, but increasing it to a 4 or 5 shot kill weapon. That's assuming the clip, and the rate of fire was not tampered with, hitscan and no bloom. I love it that much. I can sacrifice!!

edit: TOTALLY WRONG TOPIC, LOL.

Well, from what Kotaku says, the Anniversary Map Pack contains maps from Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3.

I'm disappointed.

Nora Kisaragi said:

Well, from what Kotaku says, the Anniversary Map Pack contains maps from Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3.

I'm disappointed.
Well I keep hearing the name "Beaver Creek" from Halo 2 thrown around in interviews and in the Sparkcast as opposed to the original "Battle Creek" from CE. I thought that was a good enough indication that we might get some H2 maps.

So is the 2010 reissue of Fall of Reach the most up to date? I saw a listing on Amazon for a Mass Market Paperback to be released later this month but I assume that's just the same book in a smaller size with the same number of changes (apparently not much) as the 2010 reissue. I haven't read Fall of Reach in years but I remember it being great. Then I can forget about the events of Halo Reach ever happening in their nonsensical ways even if the Campaign is pretty darn fun.

Nora Kisaragi said:

I'm disappointed.

At least now we know there's a chance of getting Foundry back.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dani said:
Crazy talk time:

No Reach MP disc for CEA, right? Right.

Why? Title Update.

vOSNB.gif

Plywood said:
Tu no gusta Barrow Roll?

I'm not the one asking scatalogical questions on XBL. Yes I still remember that.
I don't speak your wacky made up language.

And perhaps I should extend my scatalogical questionnaire to the rest of HaloGAF?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Barrow Roll said:
I don't speak your wacky made up language.

And perhaps I should extend my scatalogical questionnaire to the rest of HaloGAF?
I laughed, probably not a good idea though.

GhaleonEB

Firefight Doubles

<3

I spent so much time in there tonight I didn't even romp in the other 3-4 playlists that now have appeal. Good update is good.

Nora Kisaragi said:

I'm disappointed.

Halo 3? What the fuck?

I knew that Beaver Creek would be used instead of Battle because there are no ladders in Reach. Also, I consider Beaver to be an improvement on Battle.

From the knowledge we know so far, i've completed a base template. Using the 2 maps per game as a base, i've come up with this template:

>Halo CE: Damnation
>Halo CE: Hang em High or Timberland...
>Halo 2: Beaver Creek
>Halo 2:
>Halo 3:
>Halo 3:
>Firefight:

No idea if Hang em High was confirmed. I don't believe it was.

Also i'm getting this feeling Timberland is the Firefight map, mayhaps.

Nora Kisaragi said:
From the knowledge we know so far, i've completed a base template. Using the 2 maps per game as a base, i've come up with this template:

>Halo CE: Damnation
>Halo CE: Hang em High or Timberland...
>Halo 2: Beaver Creek
>Halo 2:
>Halo 3:
>Halo 3:
>Firefight:

No idea if Hang em High was confirmed. I don't believe it was.

Also i'm getting this feeling Timberland is the Firefight map, mayhaps.

They haven't said Hang em High, but there is a pretty obvious shot of it in the trailer.

If there is TWO Halo 3 maps, I will rage.

Barrow Roll said:
Fixed Blackout and Heretic. Believe.

LOL Just release the proper versions of the maps, Lockout and Midship haha.

Pit is the only H3 map that should even be mentioned, and even then the map pales in comparison to the top maps from CE and 2.

Snowbound and Epitaph
BELIEVE

We're not talking about map specifics right now, so I'm not sure where they came by that info. Steitzer said "classic multiplayer maps" in the trailer. Pretty sure he meant what he said, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. :)

Mr Vociferous said:
We're not talking about map specifics right now, so I'm not sure where they came by that info. Steitzer said "classic multiplayer maps" in the trailer. Pretty sure he meant what he said, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. :)

Orbital confirmed!

haha thanks for clarifying a bit.

Booties

Banned
Gotta get some arena in before the weekend. I may or may not be going to a baseball game today and tomorrow, but be around anyway. I need prtnrs

Hitmonchan107 said:

No...just no. Isolation will never get a second chance. It's probably the most vetoed map in history. Realistically, though...They'll probably go with The Pit to appease the MLG fanboys, then re-release Sandbox because people have been crying out for a Forge overhaul.

But i'm betting the remade Sandbox will be in a snowy environment, mayhaps. So here's my "educated guess":

>Halo CE: Damnation (confirmed)
>Halo CE: Hang em High (shown via screenshot)
>Halo 2: Beaver Creek (confirmed)
>Halo 2: Headlong (But I wanted Containment....)
>Halo 3: The Pit (educated guess)
>Halo 3: Sandbox or Foundry.. (educated guess)
>Firefight: Timberland (hinted at by Frankie)

I base the Headlong comment off a thread on bungie.net back in January in which someone posted evidence of encountering a 343 Industries employee in Reach matchmaking, who allegedly said "Shh..don't tell anyone..." when asked about Headlong. Of course, it's not absolute proof, but it's good enough for my educated guess.

As for Sandbox, people have been crying for something that isn't Forge World, it's intuitive really. If they don't do Sandbox, they could do Foundry, mayhaps.

And for Timberland? It doesn't make sense in Reach matchmaking. The map isn't good for it. It definitely makes sense as a Firefight map.

edit:

Mr Vociferous said:

Oh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. I guess we have to wait till August then.

Ramirez

Tunavi said:
sniper is back on sword base. oh shit thats awesome

WAT? Is that for ever playlist/variant? The GL was perfect for the crap fest camping that occurs on that map. ugh

My experiences with the Premium lists, pretty meh. I started off with Elite Slayer and 1 Flag Boneyard (with absolutely no tweaks!).

Then I hear the flag playlist is AR starts, why?! Also, was another 5v5 slayer only playlist really needed that badly? TO still has evade, which is just as annoying as any AL or Jetpack shenanigans, sigh.

Man, I know they're doing something awesome for those MP maps, they're hinting way too much, I really cannot wait to not have to deal with Reach's garbage MP mechanics.

Ramirez said:
WAT? Is that for ever playlist/variant? The GL was perfect for the crap fest camping that occurs on that map. ugh

Well the GL is still on the map, center bridge now (where the concussion rifle was). No weapon placement adjustments can save that map, it's a very poor design, especially given the gameplay mechanics of Reach.

Tunavi

Banned
If we have CE firefight with CE weapons as DLC for Reach, then that means they will have to put the CE weapons into Reach through a title update. If we see CE weapons/mechanics in Reach, we could see them in multiplayer. Just a thought.

Ramirez

Steelyuhas said:
Well the GL is still on the map, center bridge now (where the concussion rifle was). No weapon placement adjustments can save that map, it's a very poor design, especially given the gameplay mechanics of Reach.

Ah, I see. Still though, I don't think a sniper was needed, everyone always ignores the GL, but the thing absolutely wapes, I vote for SB/PH every time they pop up so I can dong with it. Really wish it was on more maps, no idea why it's used so little...

8.19 K/D ratio with it, chea.

Funny thing happened today, I was playing arena Boardwalk, had a sniper, killed their sniper, picked his ammo up, had 20 bullets and he still had more ammo on the ground. I walk 10 feet down the map and get sniped by another sniper, so ridiculously stupid, there was literally enough ammo in my sniper to put it at about 4 active snipers on the map at one time. I really don't understand how things like this are still present in the game, Asylum has the same issue, there's never a moment in a game where a sniper isn't in play.

Top Bottom