• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

TrounceX

Nutter said:
That doesnt mean shit.. I have a ridiculous Internet Connection yet I rarely get host.

Apparently the slow ass connections still get host.

You have an old 360 then. Buy a new one and you will pull host every game for a couple weeks, guaranteed.

vhfive said:
1v1
trounce with a pistol vs ram with a dmr
no grenades and no pickups
I would be surprised if trounce gets even one kill

Nobody in this game could 15-0 me. Fact.

Ramirez

TrounceX said:

Yeah cuz I pull host all the time with my godly connection. I live on a farm in rural MN dude.

And I live in the backwoods of Ky and pull host in probably 60-70% of my games, my connection is just as bad as yours. Well, my download is a lot better, at least, lol.

Host in reach really isn't as defined as it was in 3.

Are you saying it's not as noticeable? Bloom is really a non factor for hosts, it's a huge difference.

I don't know how we even got into this non sense, the DMR will kill a Pistol user a vast majority of the time, regardless of distance. I'm not counting the one or two good players who can sometimes squeak out a kill. I don't watch MLG streams, but do those guys ever pick up a Pistol and use it over the DMR?

TrounceX

Ramirez said:
And I live in the backwoods of Ky and pull host in probably 60-70% of my games, my connection is just as bad as yours. Well, my download is a lot better, at least, lol.

Are you saying it's not as noticeable? Bloom is really a non factor for hosts, it's a huge difference.

I don't know how we even got into this non sense, the DMR will kill a Pistol user a vast majority of the time, regardless of distance. I'm not counting the one or two good players who can sometimes squeak out a kill. I don't watch MLG streams, but do those guys ever pick up a Pistol and use it over the DMR?

We got into this nonsense because somebody couldn't believe that I can kill DMR users with a pistol. Even though my original post was more of a joke than anything, and the only reason I'm here is because I wanted to know if there was going to be a title update. I trust that if anyone knows, it's GAF.

Also yes people pick up the pistol in MLG because it's better at close range than a DMR.

And before I go, just for the record. I never pull host, I've been playing Halo for 6 years and have been placing at MLG events for the last 3. It could be that I'm just good at Halo. Just maybe.

Ramirez

TrounceX said:
We got into this nonsense because somebody couldn't believe that I can kill DMR users with a pistol. Even though my original post was more of a joke than anything, and the only reason I'm here is because I wanted to know if there was going to be a title update. I trust that if anyone knows, it's GAF.

Also yes people pick up the pistol in MLG because it's better at close range than a DMR.

And before I go, just for the record. I never pull host, I've been playing Halo for 6 years and have been placing at MLG events for the last 3. It could be that I'm just good at Halo. Just maybe.

So, you're like part of the 1% that can do it, that's the part you're missing, the other 99% of the population won't be so lucky as to have your Pistola like skills.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
1338403706.png

I pull host kinda often but I really don't know why? :p

TrounceX

Ramirez said:
So, you're like part of the 1% that can do it, that's the part you're missing, the other 99% of the population won't be so lucky as to have your Pistola like skills.

Well I can kind of see where you got this idea now looking back at my posts. What I was originally saying was that AR start games don't bother me because I'm really good with the pistol. That's the end of that. :)

Can we be friends now?

and omg Tashi I would kill for that connection. wow

edit: Devin Olsen...whyyy does that sound so familiar.

Ramirez

TrounceX said:
Well I can kind of see where you got this idea now looking back at my posts. What I was originally saying was that AR start games don't bother me because I'm really good with the pistol. That's the end of that. :)

Can we be friends now?

and omg Tashi I would kill for that connection. wow

edit: Devin Olson...whyyy does that sound so familiar.

I'm friends with everyone, friend.

Olsen was the guy who pirated Halo 2, that's why he's familiar.

lol, JAYKAY

Crucio

Tashi0106 said:
1338403706.png

WTF? How do you have a direct T3 line?! I think that's fake! Lol?

Tashi0106 said:
We get FiOS TV here too so we got a deal. Also, this is no where near the top tier that they offer. Just checked the bill, it's 39.99
Thats insane, I wish Canada would hurry up and get good connections like that for low prices.
We JUST got FiberOp cables installed throughout my city last fall. Still not even close to connections like that.

EDIT: Scratch that, FiberOP CAN be way faster than that on the download side.

PsychoRaven said:
And that's where the divide is. For you it's all about the headshots. For others it's not. Also there is plenty of AR using in those games. So it's not like everyone runs off to pick something else up.
I used the AR most the time. Best gun IMO. DMR starts suck.

Tashi

Ramirez said:
I can't imagine why you love Reach. :p

How much you pay for that a month? I want to feel stupid for paying for my internet.

We get FiOS TV here too so we got a deal. Also, this is no where near the top tier that they offer. Just checked the bill, it's 39.99

edit: Also, I'm heading out tonight so I won't be able to watch the game. I'm really mad about that. Also if Miami loses, get alcohol away from me hahahahha

TrounceX said:
edit: Devin Olsen...whyyy does that sound so familiar.
Well I am hoping it is not what Ramirez said.

Likely it's from one of the following:

HBO (used to post there often)
MLG (used to play H2 very competitively & make montages)
HiH (used to make a lot of tricking videos)
HsH (used to do a lot of speed running)

Edit: Holy smokes, I can play Reach for a bit if anyone wants... I don't have my mic with me though :(

I am at a camp, and right now this is the speeds I am getting. Wait until later tonight, speeds will drop below 56k
1338421589.png

Ramirez said:
People actually like the Pistol? I mean sure it's better than nothing when I get stuck with non DMR gametypes, but man, out of all of the weapons, I get more randomness with its bloom than any other weapon. Not to mention a DMR will just destroy you 99% of the time when you try to pistol/dmr battle them, regardless of range.

It's funny that bloom was implemented to try and give weapons a defined role, and eliminate that one all empowering weapon, but the DMR still beats pretty much anything in the game at any time, mission failed.

Yep, they also managed to make all the combat suck in the process as a side effect of the bloom. :(

P.S. My connection is horrible lol, im jelous of Tashi's speedtest.

Nutter

Tashi0106 said:
Wait WTF, 40 for the entire package or just the internet portion?

I got the tripple pack, with TV, Phone, Internet with taxes its like 150 a month.

Ramirez

Tashi0106 said:

edit: Also, I'm heading out tonight so I won't be able to watch the game. I'm really mad about that. Also if Miami loses, get alcohol away from me hahahahha

Yup, phone/tv/internet for me runs about 138 a month, was cheaper til I added HBO, but still! UGH

Thermite

Tashi0106 said:

Jesus fucking christ... the service here costs $60 a month for 15mb down, sub-1mb up.

/sojealous

Nutter

Thermite said:
Jesus fucking christ... the service here costs $60 a month for 15mb down, sub-1mb up.

/sojealous
Doesnt Comcast offer a tripple Pack? or any other bundle.. that is if you are on comcast, you should look into it.

but yeah, FIOS is cheap for the speed they provide :)

Tashi0106 said:
1338403706.png

Jesus H Christ now wonder you can spam the DMR, unscoped, halfway across maps and still hit most of the shots.

jealous

As for the Mag/DMR debate, I feel that Magnum user can beat someone with a DMR, and I have done it, but the DMR is clearly better.

God I miss the beta weapons...

Also Tashi, GET THE BOOZE FLOWING CAUSE THE HEAT ARE LOSING TONIGHT!

Tashi

Nutter said:
Doesnt Comcast offer a tripple Pack? or any other bundle.. that is if you are on comcast, you should look into it.

FiOs is amazing. I used to get serious reception problems with Comcast. Super Bowl not viewable in HD was the last straw. Now we pay much less for so much more.

/Commercial

LOL no way steely, it's going to game 7

Tashi0106 said:
FiOs is amazing. I used to get serious reception problems with Comcast. Super Bowl not viewable in HD was the last straw. Now we pay much less for so much more.

/Commercial

LOL no way steely, it's going to game 7

Give me a Heat loss or give me death!!!

Probably going 7 games though haha.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Gotta support my Florida teams. Hopping on now.

Wow. At least it's free.

What is disturbing about that is that it's slower than only 55% of the US.

What is with the interwebz in this country?!

Thermite

Nutter said:

I wish Comcast was available where I live. Unfortunately, I only have two choices: Time Warner Cable or Verizon. Verizon only offers their regular DSL connection in my area - which has horrid speeds. TWC, as shitty as their speeds are, is my only real choice.. :/

Wow Premium Slayer is ruined for me. Highlands is in that playlist, comes up every time, and is voted for every time. It's 5v5 people, so fucking boring spending the 12 minutes trying to find people.

Tashi

KidA Seven said:
Oh god... disappointed in HaloGAF Heat Life Longs.
Oh I'm totally on the bandwagon. As soon as Lebron joined the Heat, I was a fan. That got me watching Basketball again. And don't get me wrong, I love Dirk. Just not this series lol.

Ramirez

I figured Tashi was a Knicks fan. /BitterSixersFan

I want the Heat to lose just so Pippen looks like an idiot for those comments he made about Lebron, before the backpedaling!

Trasher

Tashi0106 said:
Oh I'm totally on the bandwagon. As soon as Lebron joined the Heat, I was a fan. That got me watching Basketball again. And don't get me wrong, I love Dirk. Just not this series lol.
Christ...

Tashi

Lol oh fuck off. Don't judge me. Hahahaha. And Pippen was saying that shit as a jab to Jordan. He knows better than anyone that MJ is the best.

Edit: And theres nothing wrong with watching the most exciting team in the NBA. It's like the God Squad.

Tashi0106 said:
Lol oh fuck off. Don't judge me. Hahahaha. And Pippen was saying that shit as a jab to Jordan. He knows better than anyone that MJ is the best.

Judging you for that is just!

I feel like I need a Ned Stark avatar to truly show my judgement.

Speaking of which, new episode tonight, SUPER EXCITED

GhaleonEB

ZayneH said:
That 1 Flag game on Tempest was awesome. I'm figuring I got 8000+ cR from that since I got both Double kill challenges, a 2632 game completion bonus and Mobile Asset to Silver. But I'll never really know. Thanks, Zalin. Jurk.

Also, here's that clip of the invisible splatter.
No kidding. It's another flavor of griefing and it drives me nuts when party leads do that shit. There's no reason to do it other than to piss of the people you're playing with. (It works.)

GhaleonEB said:
No kidding. It's another flavor of griefing and it drives me nuts when party leads do that shit. There's no reason to do it other than to piss of the people you're playing with. (It works.)
Wut? Me and Zalinkrow play splitscreen so we don't get the credit screen. But ok, play alone... sheesh.

Top Bottom