• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Ramirez

GhaleonEB said:
No kidding. It's another flavor of griefing and it drives me nuts when party leads do that shit. There's no reason to do it other than to piss of the people you're playing with. (It works.)

Pretty sure if you hit A or B one it speeds the calculation up so that you can see it before you get dragged out of the screen...

No offense... but sometimes you guys are the biggest drama queens.

Yup, they should just take not having fun lying down!

Maybe Ghaleon should be pissed off at Bungie for not including some record of credit break downs but to blame my bro who wasn't doing it intentionally as we don't get the credits earned screen is one thing.

To rage quit (out of a party that invited him so he wouldn't be playing with 4 randoms ) before we can even clarify the situation is completely childish.

Lord Wu has a new interview with Frank, Dan and Dennis from 343. Great read! Print it out and read it to your kids! Frame it on the wall!

Or, you know, go and find out how many Terminals are in "CEA" and what each Terminal might deal with.

And the fate of Theater in Campaign.

GhaleonEB

Hydranockz said:
Maybe Ghaleon should be pissed off at Bungie for not including some record of credit break downs but to blame my bro who wasn't doing it intentionally as we don't get the credits earned screen is one thing.

To rage quit (out of a party that invited him so he wouldn't be playing with 4 randoms ) before we can even clarify the situation is completely childish.
1) It wasn't a rage quit. I was debating between one more game and dropping off, thought dinner was ready, backed out, then found dinner wasn't going to start quite yet, and decided to play one more game. I appreciated the invite.

2) I was blaming him because, after reading Zaye's post, I assumed he was doing it deliberately, since he'd been doing it before and people had registered their objection. Looks like that was a bad assumption, so I apologize for saying so.

3) On a weekend playlist when there is a large, random bonus, seeing whether you got that bonus is nice. To prevent people from seeing whether they got it is not nice.

4) I didn't know he was your brother, and did not intend to be rude. But you might want to mention that people like to see their credit payouts from the game, espeically on the bonus playlists.
Hitmonchan107 said:
Lord Wu has a new interview with Frank, Dan and Dennis from 343. Great read! Print it out and read it to your kids! Frame it on the wall!

Or, you know, go and find out how many Terminals are in "CEA" and what each Terminal might deal with.
All of the Reach extras - Saved Films, Forge, etc - are available for the multiplayer maps, but not for the single-player campaign.​
Serious bummer about theater not working in the Campaign.

No hard feelings really. We honestly never knew that us backing out would cancel the credit screens of those with you. We swapped party lead straight after to avoid further disruptions. Heck, I had assumed Zayne's post was made partly in jest/sarcasm. But now we all know.

On that same note, it is really odd that, unless I periodically check my cr, I will never know how often I hit jackpots or just what credits I accumulate in splitscreen... ever.

GhaleonEB

Hydranockz said:
No hard feelings really. We honestly never knew that us backing out would cancel the credit screens of those with you. We swapped party lead straight after to avoid further disruptions. Heck, I had assumed Zayne's post was made partly in jest/sarcasm. But now we all know.
Groovy. What bugged me was I thought it was deliberate. It wasn't, I shouldn't have assumed. My bad.

On that same note, it is really odd that, unless I periodically check my cr, I will never know how often I hit jackpots or just what credits I accumulate in splitscreen... ever.
Yeah, a lot of things regarding the credit payouts are lacking. In the beta we had the % to show how far along to the next rank we were, but that was gone in retail. In split screen, you don't get the post-game tally. And with these large jackpots, we have no way to know if we got it or not if it's canceled out. I think it's an indication of how it was a concept thought up post-release, and there's no way in the UI to track it. (Would be nice if b.net did, though.)
ncsuDuncan said:
So it sounds like the CEA campaign won't have Saved Films. :(

Not terribly surprising, considering it's the Halo 1 engine and that feature can't easily be tacked on.

I'm really really curious about the "Classic++" playlist. Will we finally get a Title Update for Reach?
I wonder about the title update. The Q&A specifically cites a classic playlist with those six maps as being "classic plus plus", rather than enabling that for other maps. So I'm thinking it's something to do with the six maps themselves.

So it sounds like the CEA campaign won't have Saved Films. :(

Not terribly surprising, considering it's the Halo 1 engine and that feature can't easily be tacked on.

I'm really really curious about the "Classic++" playlist. Will we finally get a Title Update for Reach?

GhaleonEB said:
Yeah, a lot of things regarding the credit payouts are lacking. In the beta we had the % to show how far along to the next rank we were, but that was gone in retail.
But I am passed the 'R' on Brigadier! At the very least, b.net flat out tells you how much credits are left. Makes me wonder if some stats are omitted to drive traffic to b.net.

GhaleonEB

Hydranockz said:
But I am passed the 'R' on Brigadier! At the very least, b.net flat out tells you how much credits are left. Makes me wonder if some stats are omitted to drive traffic to b.net.
Glad I'm not the only one doing that. It's nice to be close enough to the next rank that I have letters to gauge the distance by. :lol

Hitmonchan107 said:

And the fate of Theater in Campaign.
Thanks for this. So, a terminal for every level, that's ten terminals. Wait. How will they include one on The Pillar of Autumn and The Maw? Unless they weren't counting those levels.

I look forward to searching for the new terminals. Going to do an on-foot run the first time through so I can take in all the new graphics as much as possible.

Tunavi

Banned
I was looking through Jelyk's stats...His file share is completely full of pictures of Kat's ass LOL

I don't know whether to be most excited about playing through CE in HD with online co-op, the 7 new maps for Reach (seriously, Reach really needs 6 more MP maps badly), or the unrevealed planned changes for Reach.

I've been having a blast with Reach ever since the June update.
I would fucking hate this game so much if I didn't have GAF to party up with

edit: go mavs

Dax01 said:
Thanks for this. So, a terminal for every level, that's ten terminals. Wait. How will they include one on The Pillar of Autumn and The Maw? Unless they weren't counting those levels.

I look forward to searching for the new terminals. Going to do an on-foot run the first time through so I can take in all the new graphics as much as possible.

Uh, did you read the very next sentence?

"There's a terminal on every single level. If you think about that, in terms of what the levels are, and what species those locations belong to - even that's a part of the story. "​

So I imagine on the PoA the terminal will just be a computer screen somewhere. It's not like 343 is going to slap a Forerunner Terminal on the Autumn. I imagine there will be a neat Covenant terminal as well.

Ramirez

Hydranockz said:

lol

I sure would like to know how the Arena rankings work, I have like over a 2.0 K/A ratio and a 1.6 something K/D ratio in the past 7 days, and yet I'm gold. I see all of these Onyx guys I play with having below 1 K/Ds in the past 7 days, and yet are like 50% ahead of me in rankings. I've lost 8 games out of 39. :|

Does it make me a bad person that I'm glad that saved films aren't in for single player? If I can't get a proper MP port, then you guys don't get to do your picture stories. :)

ElRenoRaven

Ugh. That really sucks. I'd give anything for saved films for the Single Player. I mean that too.

I'm loving everything else I'm reading though. 343i has some surprises that might just make me less worried.

Tunavi

Banned
Hey Hitmonchan and I are looking for people to play with.

OMG about to play sword base with the sniper on it for the first time since the beta

Trasher

Tashi0106 said:
Ugh *removes Trasher from list*
Dirk_Nowitzki.jpg

What timespan do the Global Heatmaps on bungie.net cover?

I ask because I was looking at the Sword Base heatmap for Magnum kills:
ny9pbm.png

I looked at this same exact heatmap about a week or so ago (before the playlist update) and there was a huge red smear on the right at that ledge players would camp in Zombies. It's already gone, as the soft-killzone is doing it's job. I was just surprised at how quickly the heatmap changed to reflect the update.

I also think it's hilariously frustrating how much of an effect Living Dead has on the Global Heatmap. I wish you could filter it by playlist. I was working on a post talking about why I think Sword Base needs a change (and why I think my Glaive variant is a suitable alternative) but I can't use the "All Weapons" heatmap because of Living Dead. AR, DMR and Grenades should be enough for my needs, however.

Oozer3993

From the HBO interview:

HBO: You've said that the new graphics are an overlay, running on a separate engine; are these purely visual in nature, or do they alter the collision geometry of the scenery? (For example, in Silent Cartographer, some standard pillars in the first structure you get to had been used for jumping - they've now gone from fat pillars to curved, narrow structures. Does this change how you interact with them?)

343i: Every jump we've tried so far has worked. We haven't looked at every existing trick, but what you're talking about SHOULD still work, because of how the collision model overlays - but in a worst-case scenario, you can switch to classic mode, make the jump, then switch back to see the results in the new engine. One of the big tests for next week is the Tower to Tower jump that was just completed last week - we hadn't thought that was possible, so we didn't try it out, but now that we've seen it, we're going to give it a shot. The tops of the towers are still flat, so there's no real reason it shouldn't work.

That is simply incredible. Not only were they keeping tabs on the Tower to Tower challenge, but they're going to try to recreate it in Anniversary to make sure it still works. This is a level of dedication beyond even what I'd hoped for. I am really impressed.

HBO: Are you removing any eggs from the original game - and if so, why?

343i: It's possible that some eggs might be removed or changed a little from the original, out of respect for the creators.

We've added plenty of our own eggs.

Awesome. Can't wait to find them.

That interview was one big faith booster. I'm a little disappointed that saved films won't make it in, but I understand why. 343 is doing right by me.

Steelyuhas said:
HEAT LOSE!

REJOICE WORLD

WNGk1.png

Lazslo

hmm I wonder if when the time comes, there will be a "NewProject".Bungie.Org. I can't wait to explore a new world fictionally from the beginning, let the ARG's begin. Really hope there will be some kinda of Cortana Letters for this IP. I hope the community gets to figure out what the next big thing is rather then just a regular teaser/reveal trailer. It kinda already started with Jonty Barnes's Tee-Shirt, just hope it was planned.

Lazslo said:
hmm I wonder if when the time comes, there will be a "NewProject".Bungie.Org. I can't wait to explore a new world fictionally from the beginning, let the ARG's begin. Really hope there will be some kinda of Cortana Letters for this IP. I hope the community gets to figure out what the next big thing is rather then just a regular teaser/reveal trailer. It kinda already started with Jonty Barnes's Tee-Shirt, just hope it was planned.
Wu has already made a headstart on that. :lol

Also, SIX min WHISTLE on HBO found this interesting interview with Frankie. Really awkward to watch, but definitely some interesting answers about Halo 4.

wwm0nkey

Ok guys with the many many hints we have about it, what do you think they are going to do with the CE maps/Reach that will make if feel more "classic"? We pretty much know 343 is doing something but what do you think it is?

(the new armor is probably happening with this too)

ElRenoRaven

wwm0nkey said:
Ok guys with the many many hints we have about it, what do you think they are going to do with the CE maps/Reach that will make if feel more "classic"? We pretty much know 343 is doing something but what do you think it is?

(the new armor is probably happening with this too)

I could see weapon and vehicle tweaks. Maybe remove bloom. I would think to get those accomplished would require a title update though and we have seen no signs of one coming. So honestly other then that I don't have a clue.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Select = Narrows bastardized.

Rebirth = Baby The Pit/Clusterfuck

Also has anyone else been getting false melee's lately? Been happening for me quite often these past two weeks. Sound connects, my spartan connects, no damage. Also has happened often enough with enemy players I've faced.

Mik2121

I was playing Halo Reach yesterday after some months of not even touching it and.. damn, as pretty as always. Might not be Crysis, but it surely looks great.
I downloaded both map packs (to take screenshots to use as inspiration for my designs) and I was blown away by the skyboxes...

These maps were done by Bungie, right? If they're busy with their next title, I guess it means we won't be getting any more DLC? Kind of a pity :(

Anyway, the only thing I hated, as always, was having teammates leave at the beginning of the game and getting stuck on a 5vs3 game. And the enemies were always in a pack while my team was just running everywhere. I tried to stick next to one of them, but the guy wouldn't cooperate. No need to say they absolutely destroyed us...

ElRenoRaven

Mik2121 said:
I was playing Halo Reach yesterday after some months of not even touching it and.. damn, as pretty as always. Might not be Crysis, but it surely looks great.
I downloaded both map packs (to take screenshots to use as inspiration for my designs) and I was blown away by the skyboxes...

These maps were done by Bungie, right? If they're busy with their next title, I guess it means we won't be getting any more DLC? Kind of a pity :(

Anyway, the only thing I hated, as always, was having teammates leave at the beginning of the game and getting stuck on a 5vs3 game. And the enemies were always in a pack while my team was just running everywhere. I tried to stick next to one of them, but the guy wouldn't cooperate. No need to say they absolutely destroyed us...

Only the first map pack was done by Bungie. The second one was done by Certain Affinity.

Mik2121

PsychoRaven said:
Only the first map pack was done by Bungie. The second one was done by Certain Affinity.
Uhm, really? I liked the Defiant pack quite a bit. At least Condemned. I didn't have much time to play the others. BTW, do you guys still have the weekend HaloGAF matches with custom maps? I would like to give forge another try and make something new :p

wwm0nkey

PsychoRaven said:
I could see weapon and vehicle tweaks. Maybe remove bloom. I would think to get those accomplished would require a title update though and we have seen no signs of one coming. So honestly other then that I don't have a clue.
Well a TU isnt exactly out of the question but I am thinking more on the lines of a required download that will include the 7 maps as well as armor and changes. Like Bad Company 2 with the pay version being an activation code to use the new maps.

Top Bottom