• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
New crazy thought: the reason they have those 7 maps on the Anniversary disc is because they have there own special Reach MP classic playlist which is only possible with Anniversary.

That or a TU or they've figured out a way to turn off bloom without a TU.

wwm0nkey

Plywood said:
New crazy thought: the reason they have those 7 maps on the Anniversary disc is because they have there own special Reach MP classic playlist which is only possible with Anniversary.

Well thats kind of obvious but I still think they would have those things carry over to default Reach as an option. I mean making a mandatory download (can still play online without it) and selling activation codes makes sense too. I mean CE Anniversary does come with a code to use the maps on the Reach disc too.

Plywood said:

Well they could really do whatever the fuck they want to with the new maps because they can put whatever they want into the .map files. I am assuming that whatever is "classic" is tied to the new maps and will only be available on the new maps.

Also random thought that I just remembered. I know I've mentioned this before, but every time I go into Firefight I find that my Firefight voice has been reset to Noble Six. Has no one else experienced this issue?

Tunavi

Banned
Well its been over a year, but I've finally been reunited with my Sniper on Sword Base

dGl2Wl.jpg

So fucking happy :)

The Antitype said:
I knew there was a reason I always ditched the pistol for the DMR instead of the AR :p
Pistol can at least pull off headshots in those clutch situations when you run out of DMR ammo and don't have time to reload.

Booties

Banned
Tunavi said:
Well its been over a year, but I've finally been reunited with my Sniper on Sword Base

dGl2Wl.jpg

Sword base is still garb. GG though

Ban sword base, reflection and caged/uncaged please thank youuuuu

Ramirez

Tunavi said:

http://i.imgur.com/dGl2Wl.jpg[/IMG

So fucking happy :)[/QUOTE]

You almost had one on Condemned.

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/archive/7/73/20110128203738!Trollface.png

Tunavi

Banned
Ramirez said:
You almost had one on Condemned.

hahah I saw we got matched up with you guys and I was thinking, "not again god damnit"

Good games to everyone I played with tonight

edit: my 500th post ITT. Beat ya hitmonchan!
DA FUCK BRO

Mik2121 said:
BTW, any reason why my Spartan on bnet hasn't updated since the game released? It's still the default model and colors :(

If you play more games online, your profile should update automaticly. There was a glitch on Bnet after Reach got released which caused the spartans to not update.

Wow, this week's challenge is a ripoff

That's Dedication, Holmes

Complete 150 games in multiplayer Matchmaking this week.

For 10k cR

This weekly has already been done before, where you were given 11k cR for completing 77 multiplayer games

vhfive

lazybones18 said:
Wow, this week's challenge is a ripoff

For 10k cR

This weekly has already been done before, where you were given 11k cR for completing 77 multiplayer games
lolz
I mean I like the weekly but it took me 78 games (according to my average kills per game) to get last weeks and that was 15k

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Hypertrooper said:
I'm getting ~2000cR for a game. If I only play more than 5 games, I'll get more credits than the challenge gives me.

If I get the weekly, the 10k payout is dwarfed by the 525k+ payout I'd receive from the games themselves.

KuGsj.gif

Striker

Crummy weekly at least for credits earned. The amount you get with those 150 games, you can earn in just three games regularly.

Hoping for July's update for MM includes including some more maps. Removing Hemorrhage without attempting to alter nor give any substitute really pushes the limit of variety. Why isn't Kingdom in the playlist for 2-flag or 2-bomb? Why isn't the new maps that's from TS in Objective (Think Twice, Select, Rebirth, Precipice). Though I ran through Think Twice, looks garbo and filled with too many power weapons.

Tunavi said:

http://i.imgur.com/dGl2Wl.jpg[IMG]

So fucking happy :)[/QUOTE]

My last memory of the sniper on Swordbase - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XXX9z2zgg8[/url]

Spartan's vs Elite's on that map!

Also, this Halo 3 montage was too good not to post
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgaqG6eRh_E&feature=feedu[/url]
Features Mario pipes!

Mik2121

Any gaffers playing in 2 hours from now?. I live in Japan so there might be a bit of lag, but back during the Weekend HaloGAF games when Reach got released, I never lagged so it should be fine...

If nobody wants to play, I guess I'll go to forge.

BTW, I downloaded both map packs but didn't read much about it. There's still no extra content for forging full maps, right?

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
If I get the weekly, the 10k payout is dwarfed by the 525k+ payout I'd receive from the games themselves.

KuGsj.gif
The 77 game Challenge was from February, to boot. Challenge payouts were supposed to scale up as time went on. Yet four months later, twice as many games completed warrants a smaller payout.

When 343 takes over, I hope someone sits down and looks at the Challenges logically. I dig the system, but stuff like this is ridiculous. I don't understand why a system like this would be built if it was going to be sustained this poorly.

Hydranockz said:
But I am passed the 'R' on Brigadier! At the very least, b.net flat out tells you how much credits are left. Makes me wonder if some stats are omitted to drive traffic to b.net.

Bungie.net is still seriously lacking in some features such as rank over time and so on. Halocharts added something like that and were forced to take it down I seem to remember, so Bungie are clearly holding out on us.

Having Cr earning tracked on Bnet would be useful, being able to check how much you earned for each game would be good, but I get the feeling they ommited it because of how vague the system is, credit payouts seem to be near random, my game performance seems to make little difference lol.

Dani said:
Booster =/= Jetpack. So good.

A lot of the stuff Frankie has said has got me hyped up!

Tunavi said:

dGl2Wl.jpg

Wait, what playlist is that in?

Dax01 said:
Editing is very nice, but I got bored with it. Sniper kills over and over again...yawn.
Yesterday I was browsing around youtube and found this Halo 3 montage. More entertaining overall I think, and it made me boot up Halo 3 and play a couple of games in Team Mythic.

I liked the montage Thee Henery posted, but the gameplay was mostly multi team, making a montage of multi team kills is like stealing candy from a baby. :p

Anyone fancy some Halo 3?

Trasher

Plywood said:

I thought this was obvious and nearly confirmed with Frankie hinting at special custom settings for these maps.

Hey You

I'm happy with Reach currently, but I would like a TU that adds the ability to toggle bloom on/off, fall damage on/off and more stuff to customs.

I won't be sad or disappointed if we don't get a TU, Like I said I'm happy with Reach.

Tha Robbertster said:
If you play more games online, your profile should update automaticly. There was a glitch on Bnet after Reach got released which caused the spartans to not update.

I'm pretty sure Bungie turned off the player models updating because of traffic loads?

bobs99 ... said:
Having Cr earning tracked on Bnet would be useful, being able to check how much you earned for each game would be good, but I get the feeling they ommited it because of how vague the system is, credit payouts seem to be near random, my game performance seems to make little difference lol.

I remember seeing a post by an employee that Bungie doesn't have access to how many credits you have earned in a game. But then how is the rank bar updated?

I gotta find some sources :p

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

New look and new content.
  • New Site Design - Should be easier to navigate and read than ever before
  • E3 2011 - A collection point for all the links, information and media as the news broke during the conference
  • Halo Bulletin Archive - 343's weekly Halo blast will be archived every week in our hub
  • Datapads - A nice new home for the Datapad articles...

And more analysis, speculation and features to come for sure.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Dax01 said:
I like the new redesign, but is the second part of Triumvirate up? You can't click on the picture.

Will be up by week's end. Last one will be out before Bungie day.

Real sorry about the delay - would have been out last week but for a certain conference.

Dani said:

New look and new content.
I really like the very simplistic design and looking forward to the new articles.

So I see a german rescued the american Basketball.
The plan works well. We will finally conquer the sport and then the world will be our next goal.

Tunavi said:
hahah I saw we got matched up with you guys and I was thinking, "not again god damnit"

Good games to everyone I played with tonight

edit: my 500th post ITT. Beat ya hitmonchan!
DA FUCK BRO
Now we're tied!

And I need to go in and clip out the 5-shot I had on Ram when I didn't have shields. The one small highlight of that slaughter of a match.

Dani said:
Will be up by week's end. Last one will be out before Bungie day.

Real sorry about the delay - would have been out last week but for a certain conference.
Excellent! I've been eagerly awaiting for Parts II and III for quite some time.

Ghaleon, I look forward to your Reach campaign breakdown with equal anticipation.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Photoshoot for a Steampunk Video Game on June 3rd @ Bungie Studios

Calling all Greater Seattle steampunks! I need people to show up in steampunk finery to have photos taken for video game artwork for a steampunk game currently in development. Wear your own steampunk clothing or show up and we'll put you in costume. Snacks and beverages will be provided and a good time will be had by all!

If you have steampunk outfits that are Victorian British military, French military, Confederate or Pirate-y themed, please bring them, as they would suit the game quite well. (extra points for Naval military themes)

Also, any photographers willing to donate their time are more than welcome to bring a camera and their skills so that we may have more coverage of the fabulous-looking people who are sure to be there.

The steampunk stuff isn't explicitly related to Destiny, it could have something to do with Bungie Aerospace.

Hell, look at the "Greetings from Aerospace!" t-shirts they've been selling in the Bungie store for a year. That kind of gives me a steampunk vibe.

Judging from the Destiny logo and the Seven Seraphs shirt, I'd assume Destiny is very futuristic as opposed to steampunk.

Okay, crazy theories here:
Destiny - FPS MMO, very futuristic with factions/corporations and such spread across planets. This is the Activision 10-year franchise.
Bungie Aerospace - Steampunk flight combat game. Similar to Crimson Skies. The Saber section of LNoS was a test for this. This is just an XBLA game, isn't part of the Activision 10-year deal. Hell, could it be published by someone else? Microsoft?

Although calling it "Bungie Aerospace" makes it sound like it isn't a game, but is more of a platform or service... SUPER Crazy Idea: What if it's a service whereby they crowd-source map/gametype creation? Take the Forge World Community Cartographer stuff to the next level - give players the level-creation software, they build completely new geometry and submit it to Bungie Aerospace, which then tests it out and pushes it to the console shooter (Reach? Or probably just the next game.) Kind of like what Steam does for Team Fortress 2 with community maps, but with more QA testing for the console.

Urk says Bungie Day will bring us something we never expected to get our hands on. What if that's Bungie Aerospace?

Top Bottom