• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Kuroyume

Banned
They're seriously going to send out steaks to people who beat them by 20 kills or more on Bungie day? Please tell me these are veggie steaks.

blamite

cool_dude_2049 said:
So if they have Bungie as their nameplate is it safe to say that they work for bungie?
I'm playing against three of those dudes right now
Not necessarily. They're probably just guys who got flames from the iPhone app.

GhaleonEB

ncsuDuncan said:
Heh, looks like I sorta called out something else as well:

"Not this late in the game, the tears shed in the forums over people getting Bungie-exclusive unlocks would only be exceeded by the amount of bitching."​

(From that post you linked.) :p
But that's like predicting the sun rising!

urk said:
It's all metaphorical 'n' shit.
*raises eyebrow*

Metaphorical, you say?

Tunavi

Banned
I feel like getting a party together and wrecking BTB tonight, anyone interested?
blamite said:
no dude, bungie isn't giving out Bungie nameplates.

Nutter

blamite said:
Nameplate... and Flames.. They are two distinct things.

But if its a Nameplate, then most probably they are from Bungie.

Plywood said:
First to quote gets Halo: Reach (Games on Demand) to gift a friend.

Tawpgun

lmao. Someone who unlocked the Bungie nameplate and flames joined my party and he told us he got back from a lobby where he convinced people he worked for Bungie.

Oh god...

Anyway, I'm pumped for Bungie Day. Gonna see if I can take the day off from work.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
6Ef5y.jpg

Ramirez

Do the flames and stuff go away after the 7th? The blue flames are cool, but if everyone has them forever, then they lose their value.

The only correct nameplate is HALO.

Lazslo

Nutter said:
Check ur pm's.
Pshhh Check Yo' PM's- I can't accept this homie but thank you anyway. And Plywood thank you for the chance- your first give away was a success and it was really kind of you! Thanks

Ramirez said:
Do the flames and stuff go away after the 7th? The blue flames are cool, but if everyone has them forever, then they lose their value.

The only correct nameplate is HALO.
No, they don't go away. Everyone gets to pretend they are Bungie employees forever until Xbox 360 LIVE gets shut down after Halo 6 is released for the Super Xbox 720.

Mik2121

Tunavi said:
So they ARE giving away the bungie nameplate? How do we know we are playing bungie anymore? :|
What? The iPhone app (which, btw, doesn't have an iPad version, it just stretches out the iPhone version. Boooo) only has the Blue Flame and All Star nameplate. No Bungie nameplate.

Mik2121 said:
What? The iPhone app (which, btw, doesn't have an iPad version, it just stretches out the iPhone version. Boooo) only has the Blue Flame and All Star nameplate. No Bungie nameplate.

I'm assuming turning on the Blue Flames is what gives you the Bungie nameplate.

Well, vice-versa actually. Anyways, I'm saying the two are tied together, and that's exactly how Bungie employees have been getting it so far.

ncsuDuncan said:
No, they don't go away. Everyone gets to pretend they are Bungie employees forever until Xbox 360 LIVE gets shut down after Halo 6 is released for the Super Xbox 720.
You better trademark that! I want one of us to be super rich so I don't have to work for a living.

Yes, if you became rich, we would be lovers. Strictly platonic. And superficial.
Yes, that's an oxymoron.

Mik2121

ncsuDuncan said:
I'm assuming turning on the Blue Flames is what gives you the Bungie nameplate.

Well, vice-versa actually. Anyways, I'm saying the two are tied together, and that's exactly how Bungie employees have been getting it so far.
Oh, I see. I will give it a try tonight, as soon as I get back home from work. Though I guess someone will have tried it already by then :p

Willeth said:
It's in the cloud, you guys!

Hmm, that's probably the best guess so far. Some kind of cloud-computing service... I dunno. Maybe it has something to do with phone apps?

Hitmonchan107 said:
You better trademark that! I want one of us to be super rich so I don't have to work for a living.

Yes, if you became rich, we would be lovers. Strictly platonic. And superficial.

lol, I've been calling it the Super Xbox 720 for a while now. Definitely my favorite name for it.

...and I'm kind of glad you're rooming with someone else at PAX. Especially since my hotel room only has one bed. :p

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
hope it is. Most of the forgers I know are equally upset.

It's not a matter of the content itself, but rather the principle of the matter. Here we were investing time into something we knew only few could have. And then, not even a few months later it has been made available to all. It's almost as if Bungie is intentionally sabotaging their game.

his is a really lame idea. There are people who spent days coming up with an entry for the all stars contest. Similarly, there are those that spent days, weeks, and even months building maps for multiplayer, such as myself. The star was supposed to be exclusive, and now they're just being handed out?

Stupid move Bungie. You just threw away the recognition that all of the players got for working hard to achieve the star nameplate. You could have just made another nameplate, or hell just made it triple jackpots but you decide to screw over another minority in the Halo community so the lesser players can feel like the accomplished something. I honestly loved Reach, and still do, but I hate the -blam!- company behind it.

It seems to be that they decided to just destroy what they have established since the game is not changing hands.

I could drink these tears all year long.

Hey You

Nutter said:
Nameplate... and Flames.. They are two distinct things.

But if its a Nameplate, then most probably they are from Bungie.
You get both from the App. I think the flames are attached to the nameplate.

Dani said:
I could drink these tears all year long.
I hate to be that guy, but I definitely feel for those who made wonderful art for the stars.

ncsuDuncan said:
...and I'm kind of glad you're rooming with someone else at PAX. Especially since my hotel room only has one bed. :p
:lol :lol

Only joking, good sir. I'm just at work with the worst headache in forever, and I'd love to not have to be here. :^)

Top Bottom