• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

feel

To be fair, enduring multiple games of Invasion in a single week is deserving of a reward.
AlmostMilk said:
Just like the recon helmet in halo 3.
Yeah, I was actually referring to that one.

Bnet app still not up in the US Store. I'm interested in checking it out, specially the design and interface since the mobile version of bnet is already pretty nice looking and this should be much better.

edit-
lmao ios4 gets blue flames??
f5f5f5 appstore
should be fun for a day while most people don't know of this new method of getting them and assume I'm with Bungie or 343. edit2- wait, just a rumor

Sorry guys im going to have to call it a day after the next 2 games, I cant really talk as its late and I feel like im going to fall asleep right now lol, I might play some more games over the week out of paranoia though.

neclas

So... people want the star because it's rare. Thus, they will do this. But then the star will immediately not be rare, so they won't wear it.

Nice Bungie.

vhfive

people actually caring about the star is hilarious. I'll play the 5 games of invasion but thats because I'm curious to what the BTB all stars playlist is. I'll continue to use my DMR and pretend that it's actually a BR.

vhfive said:
people actually caring about the star is hilarious. I'll play the 5 games of invasion but thats because I'm curious to what the BTB all stars playlist is. I'll continue to use my DMR and pretend that it's actually a BR.

Im the same, im actually more interested in the fact that the playlist will be full of community people and that it will be triple exp.

ElRenoRaven

Wow the game I was talking about showed up finally.

The game

Only I and the other guy ever showed up. Then it starts and we're on the same team so it counts as a win. Then when it goes to the game over screen it shows that there was a full player count and that everyone but us two quit.

ElRenoRaven

GhaleonEB said:
The absolute freakout on b.net has been the highlight of my day. It's going to be a tall order for it to be topped this week.

Link please. They tend to go way overboard there. I predict several threads that look like this.

Blam you Bungie you blaming blam blams.

*Edit*

OOps sorry for the double post.

kylej

Banned
Kuroyume said:
Reading speculation about Bungie's next game in this thread is so damn tiring. Have to scroll through posts full of nothing. Aerospace is the this and the that of the steampunk... Christ, shut up already.

I speculate that Cortana's ass will be large, blue and round in the next Halo game.

Lazslo

Steampunk? Wtf never heard of that before but it reminds me of Bioshock for some reason.
Bungie Mobile- Kickass- Thanks Bungie dudes. I'll place it right next to my Neogaf app.
Forward Unto Dawn redesign- Nailed it. Looks good. Now breakdown and explain the Halo 4 trailer like AJ would. jk. But do it.
Destiny.Bungie.org- Awesome, glad Wu is planning to continue his legacy on the new IP
Play Halo: Reach Tonight-If your on the east coast go on Reach at 8pm (20 mins) It will be good times.

FPS Fan

Neo Member
17k people in invasion right now. Gotta love how easily the Reach population can be swayed towards any playlist so long as you dangle something in front of them.

GhaleonEB said:
http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=61571846

Around page 3 is where the meltdowns begin, but read through to see the slow ramp up. That thread will be nourishment for days.
Random Bnet user said:
How about you fix bloom instead?
Spilled drink all over keyboard, rolling on floor laughing, etc.
kylej said:
So what if I have 2 terabytes of nude Cortana fan-art? Don't judge me.
All who Walk The Path shall be judged accordingly. Others need not do so.

feel

PsychoRaven said:
You're kidding right?
21oyddg.jpg

Star nameplate toggle is there too, and you can gift that one to 7 friends (first 5 halogaffers to pm me their gamertag, get a star nameplate) all claimed

ElRenoRaven

Letters said:
http://i51.tinypic.com/21oyddg.jpg[IMG]

Star nameplate toggle is there too, and you can gift that one to 7 friends [s][B](first 5 halogaffers to pm me their gamertag, get a star nameplate)[/B][/s] all claimed[B][/B][/QUOTE]

Wow. I really don't know what to say to that. I can see things involving live or the net even but something that some people have no control over is just stupid. Oh well though. I'm not the one giving away everything but the kitchen sink.

Tunavi

Banned
I remember back when star name-plates and blue flames actually meant something -
this morning

Seriously though, I ran into a Bungie Employee once in matchmaking, I saw the blue flames, and it was really exciting. Oh well, it was cool for that one time only, I guess.

Kuroyume

Banned
Someone get me this star icon. I've been using the champion emblem since the Halo 2 days and it's only fitting that I use this nameplate.

ElRenoRaven

Zel3 said:
cant wait to see all the iphone kiddies going around with their annoying blue flames

Hell I'll be honest I'm upset about that one. I don't have a cellphone. I know nobody with an Iphone. I'm screwed. Otherwise I'll be honest, I'd damn well get the blue flames too.

Zel3

PsychoRaven said:
Hell I'll be honest I'm upset about that one. I don't have a celphone. I know nobody with an Iphone. I'm screwed. Otherwise I'll be honest, I'd damn well get the blue flames too.
All this is going to lead to is more people getting their accounts stolen. It got so bad with Halo 3 and Recon that Bungie had to give a warning in the tips section.

Kibbles

GhaleonEB said:
1) Get a map into matchmaking
2) Via the Bungie All Starts contests that Urk has been running in the weekly updates
3) Be a Community Cartographer

Probably a couple hundred of them out there right now, tops.

I figured there would be a way for the masses to get access to it eventually. As one of the few to have one (via the CC's), I see no problem with it. Certainly nothing to get in an uproar about (as some on b.net are). It's a weird way to hand them out, but hey. I'm sure there will be more ways in the future, probably via multiple All Stars playlists.
Ahh I was wondering what the reason for the All Stars things were in the updates. I thought it was just something started for funsies.

I love how people are bitching the game is ruined now. I'm worried about these people.
KuGsj.gif

Tawpgun

Could care less about the flames and the nameplate. I want to play BTB All Stars.

Who am I kidding I am a completion whore, someone gift me the star/flames. gt: Tawpgun

Control is being handed over to 343 soon. Will 343 have access to the community's nameplates and blue flames? Is that why they are being given away now?

feel

Android and WP7 apps are surely close behind, it's not that big of a deal.

I like that it's just blue flames for whatever helmet you prefer, it doesn't change your visor to the silly see through one that shows you as a skeleton. Still, 30 seconds into the first game all the kids thought I was a Bungie employee and were all following me around asking random stuff. Power went out in my house 2 minutes into it, more trolling will have to wait till later.

Oh, the mobile app itself is fantastic.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Could care less about the flames and the nameplate. I want to play BTB All Stars.

Who am I kidding I am a completion whore, someone gift me the star/flames. gt: Tawpgun

I got to my little sisters soccer game and I miss out on this! :p Blue flames is being handed out?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Hitmonchan107 said:
Control is being handed over to 343 soon. Will 343 have access to the community's nameplates and blue flames? Is that why they are being given away now?
Yeah, will Bungie.net still be the main Halo site until Halo 4 comes out (fileshare, stats, nametags, etc.)? Sucks if it is.

I'm getting the feeling that Bungie's taking some sadistic pleasure in dropping Reach to 343i. And in creating crappy playlists. Why the fuck is Hemorrhage in the Premium playlists? I want to play this DLC content I paid 20$ for, damnit.

Hey You

Its pretty funny the meltdowns on BNet.

A27 Tawpgun said:
A friend of mine can't get it to appear in the app store. Help?
Its only in Australia currently. I guess the other region stores have to update first.

Lyphen said:
Yeah, will Bungie.net still be the main Halo site until Halo 4 comes out? Sucks if it is.

I don't think so, halo.xbox.com should be.

Top Bottom