• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Tawpgun

Nutter said:
How do you even activate the blue flames?
The Bungie App for now.

Apparently a lot of the star'd people are raging. Everyone here seems to be cool with it.

Anyway, this request will probably get buried under the mass of star/bungie/flames posts...

But if I were to make a machinima, would anyone be willing to body act/lend their voices for voice acting?

Mik2121

A27 Tawpgun said:
The Bungie App for now.

Apparently a lot of the star'd people are raging. Everyone here seems to be cool with it.

Anyway, this request will probably get buried under the mass of star/bungie/flames posts...

But if I were to make a machinima, would anyone be willing to body act/lend their voices for voice acting?
I can definitely body act and do whatever you might want, if it's just as some guy on the background.. but I don't have a mic so I can't lend my voice (plus, English isn't my native language so I don't wanna be the Spartan with the funny accent...).

So CrazedArabMan, Matty McDee, and I all played the last level of the campaign in matchmaking. Got matched up with a random. Well we did not decide to take it seriously. We decided to make it our mission to get 3 forklifts to the end of the level. The random was raging and wondering what was wrong with us. He quit out half way through but we succeeded with our mission. Good times.

AlmostMilk said:
So CrazedArabMan, Matty McDee, and I all played the last level of the campaign in matchmaking. Got matched up with a random. Well we did not decide to take it seriously. We decided to make it our mission to get 3 forklifts to the end of the level. The random was raging and wondering what was wrong with us. He quit out half way through but we succeeded with our mission. Good times.

Forklifts to the end of the level was great, so good.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Downloaded the iPhone app. Got mah blue flames and a few stars to gift (not yet though). It's cute how there's an icon in the app that says "Love Bungie" with the option to turn on Blue Flames and Star for yourself. It's that easy.

App is slick.

edit: How many stars am I allowed to gift?

Mik2121

Domino Theory said:
Downloaded the iPhone app. Got mah blue flames and a few stars to gift (not yet though). It's cute how there's an icon in the app that says "Love Bungie" with the option to turn on Blue Flames and Star for yourself. It's that easy.

App is slick.

7. Also, Bungie needs to make this app iPad compatible. And not just loading up the app like an iPhone app.. it looks so ugly. And visiting bnet from the ipad can be a pain sometimes because of the small links. Plus.. they got everything ready. They just need to upscale it! (and perhaps put all the Profile content in one page, seeing how it all could easily fit there..).

Nutter

Domino Theory said:

App is slick.

Apparently 7

Im Blue. Wohoo

Got the iPod app and blue flames too. It unlocks the bungie nameplate at bnet and the blue flames becomes available as an armor effect.

Aside from that, this app is a lot better than the other reach app i was using for stats, called Reach Stats. I just wished bungie came released this app months ago instead of three weeks before they give up halo.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
cool_dude_2049 said:
Got the iPod app and blue flames too. It unlocks the bungie nameplate at bnet and the blue flames becomes available as an armor ability.

Armor Lock has some competition!

I've got 5 stars to gift. First five to quote me with their GTs get them.

Domino Theory said:

You know what I mean....

so what's the point of gifting the star nameplate if everyone is gonna get it?

Domino Theory said:

My GT is UnlovedJew. :D. And just to add to discussion, I love how everyone is getting hyped up over this stuff. Brings me back to Halo 3 days and me spending a whole day playing Bungie vs. the world in high hopes of Reconz. :')

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
UnlovedJew said:
My GT is UnlovedJew. :D. And just to add to discussion, I love how everyone is getting hyped up over this stuff. Brings me back to Halo 3 days and me spending a whole day playing Bungie vs. the world in high hopes of Reconz. :')

Gifted.

edit: Two left.

Tried to download and it said I needed version 4. something, so now I've been spending 20 minutes attempting to update my iPod. I doubt it'll even work because I'm using a 2nd gen 8 gig touch. Oh well. Also, thanks to Domino Theory for giving me the nameplate!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Whoa, we finally get to learn about Aerospace? That's fuckin legit. It might be time to stop pump fakin and order up that Aerospace T shirt.

UnlovedJew said:
Tried to download and it said I needed version 4. something, so now I've been spending 20 minutes attempting to update my iPod. I doubt it'll even work because I'm using a 2nd gen 8 gig touch. Oh well. Also, thanks to Domino Theory for giving me the nameplate!

I have a first gen touch and I can't update to 4.0 (fuck apple), I thought that 2nd gen was able to update, I could be wrong though.

PNut

Banned
Are the Halo Waypoint forums down for anyone else?

Also, why is everyone getting crazy over all this star nameplate and blue flames giveaway stuff? Play some games of Invasion or download an app. and it's yours? lol. They should of made it like the Vidmasters in Halo 3/ODST, but even harder.

But I am interested the Aerospace reveal.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
As the (seemingly) only Double Team player on GAF I have to say, whatever happened last update the spawns have gotten ridiculous, I've had way too many opponents spawn in front of me or in a vicing manner or behind me, or just plain near me after I've just killed them even at my own base.

I'd also like to say without seething in rage that I do not like Select and I do not like Rebirth, both poor maps Select being the worst of the two and I find it so bad it makes me want to not play the game at all anymore.

Also it has nonsensical instant kill barriers, if you Jetpack to high you die and if you try to Jetpack to low you also die. The instant kill barrier height is the same height as the Green and Purple middle bases, which you should be able to go on top off and at the very least have soft kill barriers.

Finally, I seem to be running into more poor connection players and I'd rather not select Good Connection because that's rarely helped and no my connection is not the issue.

Havok

oddworld18 said:
anybody have an iphone 3G (not 3GS) and able to run bungie mobile? it gave me an error when i tried installing it (yes, I'm running ios4).
Worked fine for me (piece of shit 3G running 4.2.1).

Top Bottom