• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

feel

The trolling going on right now in matchmaking by the iOS users in the know is just priceless. xD

The second that bungie plate hits a lobby the person gets like 6 simultaneous PMs. It's cool for a day or two, but I don't know how the actual employees endure this all the time, I would just wear normal stuff and use a common nameplate if I were them

Kibbles

darthbob said:
How does that work? Just type in the gamertag and 'whoosh'?
Yeah I forgot you lol but I realized my mistake before you posted, just submitted it probably just around that time. I was viewing GAF from my iTouch before, but now I'm on my laptop so I made sure I got everyone.

darthbob

Kibbles said:
Yeah I forgot you lol but I realized my mistake before you posted, just submitted it probably just around that time. I was viewing GAF from my iTouch before, but now I'm on my laptop so I made sure I got everyone.

forever_alone.jpg

j/k lol

clav

So is Halo GAF really good here? I would like to join.

I remember meeting someone before I attended college 5-6 years ago through Bungie.net that was MLG calibur for Halo 2.

Basically, if he saw me, I would be dead with a sticky in a 1v1 scenario.

Mik2121

Tunavi said:
So how do we know who is actually bungie on Bungie Vs the world? Ugh.
Actually, everybody is Bungie. You play against everybody just like you've been doing until now.

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

blamite

Tunavi said:
So how do we know who is actually bungie on Bungie Vs the world? Ugh.
Hah, good point. Maybe the blue flames won't be given out until the event is over? But then people who got them from the app would still have the nameplate.

LAWL. I guess Bungie didn't really think that art through. :p

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
blamite said:
LAWL. I guess Bungie didn't really think that art through. :p

It seems rather deliberate actually. A really nice "trick" as a matter of fact. It has the hallmarks of Bungie being playfully devious and openly generous.

blamite

Dani said:
It seems rather deliberate actually. A really nice "trick" as a matter of fact. It has the hallmarks of Bungie being playfully devious and openly generous.
I dunno, the idea of a contest in which you have no iea whether you've won or not seems a little iffy. It could work, I guess, but it would make much more sense to just give out flames after the contest is over.

Mik2121

It would be nice if they've got another set of flames to use this time, so it's blue flames (us) vs whatever color they use...

Yeah, not happening, but could have been cool!.

Achronos

Given that the stats processor looks for the "Bungie Staff Flag" (the thing in the database that lets you use the Eternal Blue Flames effect and the Bungie nameplate)... you'll probably be getting lots more "thank the makers" now...

Oh, and about Bungie Vs. The World - don't worry, you'll know who you have to beat (there will be specific gamertags in play, just like last time).

Ramirez said:
My three "Thank the makers" says...not much.

Wow, this is some awesome news to wake up to. Thankfully, a friend on mine with an iphone (who doesn't play Halo) has downloaded the app and unlocked the cool shit for me. Can't complain. :p

Also, Community Cartographers!! I hear on the grapevine that final submissions for the last Bungie MM update are this Friday - is that true? If it is, I have a map I need to finish. Gonna post some pics up in the Forge thread.

GhaleonEB

Sikamikanico said:
Also, Community Cartographers!! I hear on the grapevine that final submissions for the last Bungie MM update are this Friday - is that true? If it is, I have a map I need to finish. Gonna post some pics up in the Forge thread.
Yup.
Sikamikanico said:
Awesome. Will have to see what you think of my latest and greatest Ghal. ;) (No Sniper Rifle on map confirmed) :p
I object to the sniper a wee bit less than I used to, partly now that I can actually use it (as I'd demonstrate, if the videos that have been rendering for two hours would show if they ever finish).

Ramirez said:
Allowing people to use the Bungie name plate is really dumb, fairly convinced they're just trolling at this point.
I'm sticking to my star, I'm pretty sure everyone else will just skip it and go straight for the Bungie nameplate. :lol

Ramirez

I'm not really worried about any of the stuff, after the Recon fiasco that cost me my GT and a headache, I'm done with exclusive stuff that someone might want. :p

Willeth

A27 Tawpgun said:
The Bungie App for now.

Apparently a lot of the star'd people are raging. Everyone here seems to be cool with it.

Anyway, this request will probably get buried under the mass of star/bungie/flames posts...

But if I were to make a machinima, would anyone be willing to body act/lend their voices for voice acting?
I would, if a British voice wouldn't be too immersion-breaking (as it really was for some of the RvB stuff).

Willeth

Well, putting the Bungie nameplate on and then handing out a Star to someone who goes "Wow, he works for Bungie!" is a lot of fun.

Willeth said:
Also I recommend anyone who's played with flames checks the Screenshots of You thing. That's worth doing.
90% of all screenshots I come across in "Screenshots of You" were taken in Lone Wolf, usually with clever descriptions such as "WTF?", "I R FOUND TEH CHIEF" or "MODDED".

vhfive

I come back from 10 hours of bullshit at work to find people talking about stars, blue flames and real steaks. I don't know whats going on but maybe if I go to sleep it'll all make sense when I wake up.
Also what's June 23?

so confused must sleep

vhfive said:
I come back from 10 hours of bullshit at work to find people talking about stars, blue flames and real steaks. I don't know whats going on but maybe if I go to sleep it'll all make sense when I wake up.
Also what's June 23?

so confused must sleep
Basically, Bungie released the Bungie.net iPhone app, which gives the user the Star Nameplate, Bungie Nameplate and Blue Flames. Bungie also put up a post detailing the Bungie Day festivities:

urk said:
Beginning on June 23rd, and running through the close of Bungie Day on July 7th, we'll be celebrating the last twenty years the only way we know how - by giving you, the best -blam!- community on the planet, all the parting gifts we can muster.

Here are 7 reasons you should come out and celebrate with us this year:

- Because Blue Flames aren’t just for Bungie Employees or fans with iPhones. We’ll be turning on Blue Flames and the Bungie Nameplate for every last one of our loyal fans. (Kids, do try this at home.)

- Because we just built a brand-new and totally free community iPhone app to keep you connected...and entertained!

- Because we're going to tell you, in explicit detail, exactly what Bungie Aerospace is all about.

- Because a collection featuring some of our rarest and most treasured personal Halo artwork will be up for auction, with all profits going to charity through a partnership between Child's Play and the Bungie Foundation.

- Because the Bungie Store is going to be packed with Swag Sacks containing random, but totally kick ass swag, limited run commemorative t-shirts, and amazing commissioned posters from a handful of incredible artists, with all profits also going straight to charity.

- Because on Bungie Day we'll be throwing down in a 24-hour Bungie vs. the World No Holds Barred Halo: Reach Marathon where we'll be making the promise of Steaktacular a certified beefy reality. You steak us. We'll steak you. Seriously, we're going to mail any team who beats us by 20 kills or more on Bungie Day a Grade-A cut of steak (gift cards for international players) while supplies last.

- Because you've been just as much a part of this incredible twenty years as we have, and we simply couldn't bear it if you didn't show up and help us celebrate our anniversary and help send our Halo baby out with one hell of a bang.

The festivities begin on June 23rd and conclude as the final hours of this year's Bungie Day, July 7th, come to a close. If you don't show up, we just won't know what to do with ourselves, and we definitely won't know what to do with this ViDoc we've been slaving over for the last two decades.

See you soon. BYOB. ONYC.

Love,

Bungie.

Schmitty

I will definitely be rocking the blue flames when I get home. I might get a reaction from my friends who don't know about it yet hahaha

Top Bottom