• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

neoism

Tunavi said:
I feel like getting a party together and wrecking BTB tonight, anyone interested?

no dude, bungie isn't giving out Bungie nameplates.
awesome just played with 3 of them. :D One was good. :/

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hitmonchan107 said:
Hopefully you bought this one:

Isr9Q.jpg

Let me know if it includes the hipster gear. I need to complete the look.

I'm thinking of getting a custom "Destiny" shirt made, just for kicks.
Nah, I'm not a fan of that one. I like the other one way more.

Sordid

bobs99 ... said:
Me please. :p

That should be you! 3 left now.

No point in saving them really, this just saves people from playing the BTB All Stars playlist if the only reason was to get the star nameplate.

Sordid said:
That should be you! 3 left now.

No point in saving them really, this just saves people from playing the BTB All Stars playlist if the only reason was to get the star nameplate.

Thanks a bunch! How is the iphone app in general? Any new stats that we dont get on Bnet?

Mik2121

Well well well... I'm just joining the lobby for my first game with the Bungie nameplate and the blue flames. Wonder if I'll get any message....

(nobody else has any of them)

A27_StarWolf said:
I am for sure going to buy one of the limited edition shirts they talked about. And if I get my steak, do I eat it, or freeze it.
Encase it in Lucite, get Bungie to autograph it, and then hang it on the wall.

GhaleonEB

Last night Dax helped me get the Skunked achievement at last, after stopped betraying me. Which was neat. Maybe I'll get all of Reach's Achievements eventually after all.

I never knew this, but you can snipe players out of their Banshee without killing the Banshee itself, which is both neat and a little terrifying.

This was a pretty fun last man standing episode on Corvette, and the looniest in terms of risks taken. I'm particularly fond of charging the Hunter and having the swing of its arm bounce me up to safety.

Arcadefight in Firefight Arcade freaking rocks. 240 kills in 20 minutes left my wrist smarting, but damn it was fun.
Willeth said:
Armour effect, called Eternal.
Eternal....Blue? *swoons*

GhaleonEB said:
Last night Dax helped me get the Skunked achievement at last, after stopped betraying me. Which was neat. Maybe I'll get all of Reach's Achievements eventually after all.
If you play with GAF super team, you should get the achievements easily.

Btw. you can even shoot out the Wraith driver without damaging the Wraith itself.

Mik2121

neoism said:
lulz ppl are waay more aggressive toward you with the blue on. lol
That's what I'm starting to think... I should turn it off (I'm already bad enough without it, no need for people to go against me..)

equil

I played about 5 games wearing the bungie nameplate and the blue flames, and no one really said anything or messaged me.

I think the majority of the halo population wouldnt have known they were playing a bungie employee even before this.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Louis Wu said:
Doesn't it just make headshots easier? You should THANK them for wearing it! :)
Lol maybe. All of that stuff is distracting. I remember though when Bungie have flames away for Halo 3 it made some hiding spots useless because you could see fire around a corner lol. Maybe that will happen again.

Mik2121

Tashi0106 said:
Lol maybe. All of that stuff is distracting. I remember though when Bungie have flames away for Halo 3 it made some hiding spots useless because you could see fire around a corner lol. Maybe that will happen again.
To be honest, I was playing with it and saw another guy using it too, and it wasn't as distracting as I thought. I guess the blue blends better with most environments than the orange flames or the other effects.

Tashi0106 said:
I gotta deal with this Blue Flame shit in MLG now huh? Inclement Weather is bad enough
6OThfl.jpg

I'll probably turn it off rather quickly, but it's pretty fun for customs and shit. Also, everyone collectively tries to destroy you the moment they see blue flames.

Blueblur1

Bungie days stuffs and the iPhone app is cool (would have been cooler of the app showed all my stats instead of forwarding me to mobile B.bet!). I have one question though. Do we keep the nameplates and armor effect permanently or is this just a temporary privilege?

Blueblur1 said:
Bungie days stuffs and the iPhone app is cool (would have been cooler of the app showed all my stats instead of forwarding me to mobile B.bet!). I have one question though. Do we keep the nameplates and armor effect permanently or is this just a temporary privilege?
Urk said it was permanent. :)

Mik2121 said:
To be honest, I was playing with it and saw another guy using it too, and it wasn't as distracting as I thought. I guess the blue blends better with most environments than the orange flames or the other effects.
Back when we first got pictures of the Ascension remake (man, I really need to play Reach again soon) I didn't even notice it was an armor effect until someone pointed it out. I just thought it was a plasma rifle burst that hit an elite in the head or a spartan's shield recharging, :lol

What I hate is that once everyone actually gets the stuff come Bungie Day, everyone's going to call the people with blue flames noobs, just like how it was for Recon or Hayabusa. It wasn't that big a deal for me because I only ever used the Recon shoulder pauldron, but I think I might actually use blue flames (right now I think I've got Heart Attack). I don't intend on using it to try and fool kids into giving me their accounts or using it because I think it makes me special, I just want to use it because it happens to be my favorite armor effect.

Well, I have 3 Stars left if anyone is still needing it. It seems to have drizzled a lot over the course of the night. I'm off to a meeting but will check back in about 15 minutes. First three to ask/quote, etc...

Miggytronz

Account Attempt #4 said:
Well, I have 3 Stars left if anyone is still needing it. It seems to have drizzled a lot over the course of the night. I'm off to a meeting but will check back in about 15 minutes. First three to ask/quote, etc...
gimme! Love long time.

I wish there was a client-side option to disable all armor effects.

I don't care if other people can still see them, I just want to be able to turn them off for my own screen.

It wasn't bad in Halo 3, when only Bungie employees had fire. I just hate how it breaks the normal level of realism in Halo. I know it's dumb to want any kind of realism in this game, but I just find it really annoying to try collecting clips for a serious gameplay montage that don't have confetti and hearts all over the place.

Kunohara

Just so you guys know, even if someone logged in with their profile in the app, you can sign out, log in with another profile, and they will get the blue flame also. I don't have a smartphone, so my friend just did this for me, and it worked.

I could not give two shits if it doesn't make it rare or whatever. I like having an armour effect (haven't bothered to get one yet, and hey, now I get a free one), especially the blue flames and the star. I like how the star looks, so I'll use it. If everyone has it, meh.

I'm still gonna try for the BTB All Stars because that triple jackpot sounds mighty nice. I did win the big jackpot two days in a row this past weekend, so I hope my luck keeps up :)

Top Bottom