• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Booshka

Account Attempt #4 said:
Well, I have 3 Stars left if anyone is still needing it. It seems to have drizzled a lot over the course of the night. I'm off to a meeting but will check back in about 15 minutes. First three to ask/quote, etc...
I'll take one if you got it, thanks.

Mikasangelos said:
*GASP*

http://bucket.treypiepmeier.com/pinocchio.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
:LOL

Should/does this need to have a new thread? The iPhone app is pretty big news to some and there are plenty of Halo players on GAF who don't pop into this thread for what ever reason. Sorry if there is a topic already, I'm just getting caught up.

Edit: Booshka, done sir!

One left.

Booshka

Account Attempt #4 said:
:LOL

Should/does this need to have a new thread? The iPhone app is pretty big news to some and there are plenty of Halo players on GAF who don't pop into this thread for what ever reason. Sorry if there is a topic already, I'm just getting caught up.

Edit: Booshka, done sir!

One left.
Where did you send it? I'm not seeing it.
EDIT: derp, nvm

Im sad there is no android app as well, but its still very cool they are doing this. Maybe they will have an android one in time, because I wouldn't mind stats on the go. I guess I can leech off of my one friends iphone to get the fun stuff.

Hey You

Hypertrooper said:
Okay the medal "Thank the maker" isn't any special now. You'll get it in every match with Kiddies...
Yeah, oh well.

I'll know that I have 3 TtM medals before the nameplate was giving out.

Bungie giving away nameplates and stars is a pretty cool idea. "We give the nameplates to the people that make Halo what it is" is the sorta cheesy yet awesome, message I take from that :p

Lol at those from CC and the All-Star competitions that somehow feel as though their work is now worthless. Suddenly those amazing maps to play on and those hilarious/awesome pics are now just dirt? Yeah right... Loving the tears.

wwm0nkey

The Real Napsta said:
With maps for Halo 4!

I can't wait!!!
You know, I actually wouldn't be mad as long as they remake ALL Halo 2 maps and did what they are doing for CE Anniversary and just have Halo 2 running on the same engine but with a new graphical layer.

wwm0nkey said:

Yeah I wouldn't get my hopes up for MP based on the direction they went with the AE. Still I'd be very interested in playing not necessarily a remake but a revamped campaign with some more interesting level design, an actual ending and of course less jackal snipers >_<

In an effort to lighten up the mood a bit I decided to take some of the random footage that I've accumulated over the past months and put together a little compilation piece complete with clips that I've already posted in this thread along with some stuff that you guys haven't seen yet. It also includes one my fave tracks eva! ;) Hope you guys enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1eyGbc0STc

wwm0nkey

xxxstylzxxx said:
Yeah I wouldn't get my hopes up for MP based on the direction they went with the AE. Still I'd be very interested in playing not necessarily a remake but a revamped campaign with some more interesting level design, an actual ending and of course less jackal snipers >_<

In an effort to lighten up the mood a bit I decided to take some of the random footage that I've accumulated over the past months and put together a little compilation piece complete with clips that I've already posted in this thread along with some stuff that you guys haven't seen yet. It also includes one my fave tracks eva! ;) Hope you guys enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1eyGbc0STc
Well we still need to find out with this "extra classic" thing they are doing to the AE version of Reach is, if it makes Reach play like CE I am all for a Halo 2 AE doing the same thing but with all the maps since they where all AAA maps.

wwm0nkey said:
I am all for a Halo 2 AE doing the same thing but with all the maps since they were all AAA maps.

QD4YD.png

Booshka

wwm0nkey said:
Ok you win this one....but even then Gemini was better than most maps we got with 3 or Reach
I spent more time glitching out of Gemini than actually playing on it. It was one of the best maps to get out of and walk around.

Striker

Booshka said:
I spent more time glitching out of Gemini than actually playing on it. It was one of the best maps to get out of and walk around.
For that one Gemini in 2, there's your Isolation, Constuct, and Epitaph in other games.

wwm0nkey

Booshka said:
Yeah that was a lot of fun, took hours to get to the barrier of that map lol.

Louis Wu

Hydranockz said:
Lol at those from CC and the All-Star competitions that somehow feel as though their work is now worthless. Suddenly those amazing maps to play on and those hilarious/awesome pics are now just dirt? Yeah right... Loving the tears.
STOP BEING REASONABLE

Louis Wu said:
STOP BEING REASONABLE
Is this about the time where I send messages to popular CCers and previous All-Star winners on xbox.com to the tune of;

"Check out the animu prawns that got me my All-Star"

and

"Who'd have thought Hallway2.0 would rise above th rest of your CC junk?"

feel

They should collect the names of all of those that are raging on Bnet because their Stars are now meaningless, and put them in some sort of black list that prevents their gamertag from ever getting something distinctive from Bungie/343 to display in-game.

edit-
And if any of you REALLY want the Bungie (or Star) nameplate and blue flames right now and you trust me enough, feel free to send me a PM with your live account info and I'll enable it all (change to a temporary password so you're not paranoid afterwards).

Gui_PT said:
Forgive me for bringing this up. I'm sure this has been discussed already, but...

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=31731

Wut does this mean? Everyone's getting a Star Nameplate and Blue Flames? What does it have to do with the app? I dun good with english!
i doubt that's the case but i be confused

Yeah everyone can get the Bungie nameplate and blue flames right now by using the Bungie Iphone app. If you dont have a Iphone by Bungie day there will be other ways to get it.

If you play 5 games of Invasion this week you get into a playlist which awards every player a Star nameplate, alternativly you can just use the iphone app to get the star nameplate. You can also gift stars to 7 friends using the app.

Gui_PT

bobs99 ... said:
Yeah everyone can get the Bungie nameplate and blue flames right now by using the Bungie Iphone app. If you dont have a Iphone by Bungie day there will be other ways to get it.

If you play 5 games of Invasion this week you get into a playlist which awards every player a Star nameplate, alternativly you can just use the iphone app to get the star nameplate. You can also gift stars to 7 friends using the app.

Quick, someone gift me a star because I'm too poor to own an iPhone!

=(

GhaleonEB

Heh. I hit Noble this morning and decided to check how far along I was in the overall progression. I knew there were just a handful of ranks above me. What I didn't realize is my total credits earned to date is only 1/3 as many as it takes to hit the highest. Holy jeebus, unless the Game Complete bonus goes vertical on my next rank, there's no way I'm topping out before Skyrim hits. :lol

(The bonus cap went up 350 cR and 385 cR on the last two ranks, respectively.)

GhaleonEB said:
Heh. I hit Noble this morning and decided to check how far along I was in the overall progression. I knew there were just a handful of ranks above me. What I didn't realize is my total credits earned to date is only 1/3 as many as it takes to hit the highest. Holy jeebus, unless the Game Complete bonus goes vertical on my next rank, there's no way I'm topping out before Skyrim hits. :lol

(The bonus cap went up 350 cR and 385 cR on the last two ranks, respectively.)

Yeah I recently realized that I will never hit the top rank in this game. I just hit Field Marshall, which is 3 million total credits, and the top rank is 20 million credits.

I feel like I play this game A LOT as well!

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Hitmonchan107 said:

Yeah I just checked last week's update and it was on a Tuesday. It felt good to hear Frank's voice on the podcast in addition to reading another one of his weekly updates again.

Damn it feels good to get hyped about Halo again.

GhaleonEB

Steelyuhas said:
Yeah I recently realized that I will never hit the top rank in this game. I just hit Field Marshall, which is 3 million total credits, and the top rank is 20 million credits.

I feel like I play this game A LOT as well!
Aye. There are only five ranks above me, but I've earned just 7 of the 20 million needed. Things like the super and double jackpots are moving things along a touch faster than before but I think I'll top out at Forerunner. Which still means I play way too damn much. :lol
Dug said:
Okay, first seven people to PM their gamertag gets a star nameplate.

Four left!
<3

GhaleonEB said:
Aye. There are only five ranks above me, but I've earned just 7 of the 20 million needed. Things like the super and double jackpots are moving things along a touch faster than before but I think I'll top out at Forerunner. Which still means I play way too damn much. :lol

Haha yeah. I'm not sure we're I will end up. I will continue to play this summer, but once the onslaught of new games hit in the fall, my playtime will decrease/stop for a while. I'm looking forward to the CEA maps because they probably be the 7 best maps in Reach haha, but BF3 comes out a few weeks before CEA and with other games like Skyrim and Assassins Creed, I don't see their being much Reach being played.

fernoca

Letters said:
edit-
And if any of you REALLY want the Bungie (or Star) nameplate and blue flames right now and you trust me enough, feel free to send me a PM with your live account info and I'll enable it all (change to a temporary password so you're not paranoid afterwards).

PM sent. :p
A friend of mine just doesn't want to download anything Halo.. :(

Thanks Letters! <3!

Top Bottom