• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Wh0 N0se

BTB or MLG? Big Team

MP or Firefight? Multiplayer

Games completed on Legendary? Halo 3, Halo: ODST, Halo Wars (If it counts) and Halo: Reach - Only got my first Xbox for Halo 3 so haven't really played Halo 2 and Combat Evolved other than a bit of MP

Favorite Campaign missions? Halo on Halo 3, enjoyed playing with my friends and Warthogging to the end of the map.

Sorry about not playing FF much Ghaleon, I know you play that more than MP. :p

FyreWulff

Striker said:
That's because Halo 3's base speed is slow. Revert to Halo 1 or 2 and you'll be happy, I'm sure.

I was pretty sure Halo 1 only feels faster because it's running with 90 degree FOV.

If anyone remembers, people thought the hog was faster in ODST than in 3 - when it was just a result of them widening the FOV from Halo 3 -> ODST.

GhaleonEB said:
BTB or MLG?

MP or Firefight?

Games completed on Legendary?

Favorite Campaign missions?

Well, I've been here for some time but I wanna answer these anyway
hopefully, you guys know me a little :p

BTB I think, but only with a full pary and against opponents who aren't really bad: I want a challange.

Multiplayer, FireFight has grown stale for me and there is to much lag for me online.

Completed every Halo on Legendary exept Halo 2 (Tartarus.....) Whenever a new Halo game comes out, campaign is the first thing I play and I complet some misions for fun once every month.

My faourite mission has to be The Covenant from Halo 3. Just so much vareity, vehicles, CQC, the covenant and the flood.

Kunohara

Tashi0106 said:
Sup Juniors...you know the drill

Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist...

AR or BR...

Favorite Halo 2 map...

Welcome.

I wasn't in this latest batch, but the one before it, so what the hell.

Halo 3 highest I got was Major in Lone Wolves.

AR (I just hate how you need to use the BR to have a chance).

I never played Halo 2 cause I really didn't like it.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Tashi0106 said:
Dani I have an article idea for FUD, tell me what you think...the year, is 2904, The Chief is all but a memory. A forgotten legend. Until, a portal opens up over Newest Mombasa Skylon V. Wait, what's this?! The Master Chief has traveled from the past to remind everyone of how awesome he used to be. What do you think?

So good I've already stolen it. Expect the first two chapters of fan-fiction based around this idea shortly. Including a thesis on how exactly Mombasa has changed politically in the time between the Chief's original visit to the city and now and a multi-chapter break down of events leading up to the portal's opening. We'll have graphs, diagrams and charts all fired up too. Give me a few minutes.

I'll do it in tiers
GhaleonEB said:
Tier 1
Assault on the Control Room, The Covenant, The Ark, The Silent Cartographer, 343 Guilty Spark, Two Betrayals, New Alexandria, Uplift Reserve, The Storm, Tsavo Highway, The Storm, and Halo (1).

Tier 2
Long Night of Solace, Tip of the Sphere, Exodus, Kizinko Boulevard, Crow's Nest, and Tayari Plaza.

Tier 3
Nightfall, Sword Base, The Pillar of Autumn (Reach), Uprising, The Great Journey, Delta Halo, and Regret.

These are not listed from best to worst, just what came to mind. I really enjoyed all of these; in each tier to varying degrees. Also, to note, there isn't a single mission I don't enjoy playing in Reach. Factor that in too.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dani said:
So good I've already stolen it. Expect the first two chapters of fan-fiction based around this idea shortly. Including a thesis on how exactly Mombasa has changed politically in the time between the Chief's original visit to the city and now and a multi-chapter break down of events leading up to the portal's opening. We'll have graphs, diagrams and charts all fired up too. Give me a few minutes.
:lol :lol

Also, Kyle, don't be so harsh bro. We can't all be Arena Pro's like you ;]

feel

All of Tashi's, Ghal's questions and some more:

Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.

AR or BR?

Favorite multiplayer map from Halo 2 and 3 (one of each).

Do you prefer BTB or MLG?

Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?

Games completed on Legendary.

Are you EazyB?

Favorite Campaign missions (all games).

Favorite Reach playlists.

Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).

Opinion on reticule bloom.

Opinion on Armor Abilities and most used one.

Favorite Halogaffer, and least favorite. (optional)

Don't go dodging around, answer all of these! :)

Also, don't just answer these, introduce yourself normally too, if you feel like it share a little bit about yourself or your halo history so we get to know you, but no pressure.

Trasher

kylej said:
That's a coincidence because I too am launching a dedicated Halo blog tonight. It will focus primarily on major character arcs that occur both in-game and in the Halo novels, and what those arcs mean for the future of the franchise.
How will you tie this all in to Walshy?

leonfaria04

Neo Member
Letters said:
Don't go dodging around, answer all of these! :)

Halo 3 general

Highest ranking in reach: onyx 65%

BTB or MLG: MLG

Favorite playlist in reach: MLG and Arena (just because i like ranking, doenst mean that i like the current rules)

BR player

Multiplayer or firefigth: both (i have a good time in odst endure achievment)

lol Letters.

Also, I realize I actually have a folder on my desktop named "Franklez". Nothing erotic, it's just two photoshops I've already posted in HaloGAF. Still, maybe I should stop one of these days and think about how weird that actually is.

Not today, mind you.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Letters said:
Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).
Pfft, good luck juniors:

BUMmu.png

Wh0 N0se

Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist. 41, Can't remember whether it was Team Slayer or Team Doubles.

AR or BR? BR, but I sucked at using it compared to most people.

Favorite multiplayer map from Halo 2 and 3 (one of each). Coagulation and The Pit

Do you prefer BTB or MLG? BTB

Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?
Multiplayer

Games completed on Legendary. Halo 3, ODST, Wars (If it counts) and Reach

Are you EazyB? No, who/whatever that is.

Favorite Campaign missions (all games). Halo on Halo 3 for the co-op fun

Favorite Reach playlists.
Team Slayer, Squad Slayer, Multi Team and BTB

Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes). ??

Opinion on reticule bloom.
Don't really like it

Opinion on Armor Abilities and most used one. Equipment is more my thing and I use Sprint mainly.

Favorite Halogaffer. And least favorite.
[/QUOTE] You obviously :p and how could I hate anyone??!?!? haha

EDIT: Shoe size = 9 - UK ;)

Tawpgun

kylej said:
That's a coincidence because I too am launching a dedicated Halo blog tonight. It will focus primarily on major character arcs that occur both in-game and in the Halo novels, and what those arcs mean for the future of the franchise.

Where's the blog about the relationship of BK's and maps as well as a piece about donging as an art form?

Speaking of...

kylej said:
^^^bad kid

Think I might leave work early. If anyone's down to play Halo in a half hour lemme know. jelyk.

I'll be back around 7 EST. I have a huge urge to rip through Squad Slayer.

Welcome to all. I'll hit member status someday I'm sure.

I'd have a hard time readjusting to no sprint. Hologram is my favorite for KOTH. The rest I doubt I would miss much if at all.

OuterWorldVoice said:
I never saw this before:

mwgws.png

Here's the thread, for anyone interested.

New OoT 3D ad w/ Robin Williams (Up: Zelda Williams on waterfowl marriage/neoGAF)

Summary:
- Nintendo UK releases a heartwarming commercial where Robin Williams talks about naming his daughter after The Legend of Zelda for NES.
- GAF posts a thread. Everyone swoons over the lovely Zelda Williams.
- GAF poster Chinner (with a duck avatar) declares his love with a fake fan-letter in the thread asking Zelda to marry him.
- Zelda Williams confirms on her Twitter account that she's been lurking 4chan's /v/ board. She later mentions lurking GAF too and calls out Chinner as above.
- GAF implodes.

Back on topic, to Halo:
- Man, I sure with Jen Taylor lurked GAF. Or Michelle Rodriguez.
Hell, I'd love to see a tweet from Aisha Tyler about GAF. A little easier on the eyes than Urk or Frank. ;)

FyreWulff

GhaleonEB said:
BTB or MLG?

BTB

MP or Firefight?

If it wasn't for all these multiplayer centric weeklies recently, I'd probably be something like 70/30 Firefight / Multiplayer. It's not that I don't like the multiplayer (I think it's the best out of all the Bungie Halo games), it's just that I like Firefight more. I mean, I do run an entire website centered around Firefight

Games completed on Legendary?

Halo, Halo 3, ODST, Reach, Wars

Halo 1 - Silent Cartographer. It's the most interesting to look at and play around in.

Halo 2 - Delta Halo. It had constant action, was nice and green, and had a scorpion tank.

Halo 3 - The Covenant. Okay, I might be biased towards green.

ODST - Romeo's mission. That music near the end when you're about to cross the makeshift bridge? Awesome. The last stand with tons of lasers and missile pods? Also awesome.

Reach - Tip of the Spear. Big battle, nice pacing, exquisite closing cutscene.

Wars - The one where you're forced to the outskirts of the city. It's a nice "you have to actually decide what to build and in what order" without resorting to the old trope of time limit before a massive army invades (which the previous mission unfortunately makes use of)

Wh0 N0se said:
Thanks, what did he do?
Behave super irrationally. His first account got perma banned after he photoshopped a Bungie employee's head onto Saddam Hussein.

Often he had a lot of good & logical stuff to say, he was a smart guy, but his thoughts were often delivered by an upset scorpion.

Wh0 N0se

Zeouterlimits said:
Behave super irrationally. His first account got perma banned after he photoshopped a Bungie employee's head onto Saddam Hussein.

Often he had a lot of good & logical stuff to say, he was a smart guy, but his thoughts were often delivered by an upset scorpion.

Don't worry, I'm easy going and have no photoshopping skills whatsoever! :p

Top Bottom