• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

GhaleonEB said:
It's faster than ODST, and jump height higher. In Beta, it was very close to ODST. I think this was done to make Sprint more effective. I think at this point there's ample reason to restore Halo 2/3 movement speed and jump height. Not to mention getting rid of the intertia you have when strafing so we're agile once again.

Movement speed you want 3 or 2? Reach's movement speed is a lot closer to 3's than 3's is to 2's (awful sentence lol). Halo 2's movement speed is significantly faster than 3 and Reach (part of what made is so awesome :p).

Much agreed on getting a good strafe back in Halo.

Dax01 said:
Dax's true feelings about the campaign levels

Tier 1
Cortana

Fixed it for you :)

Plywood said:
Pfft, good luck juniors:

BUMmu.png

LOL

Plywood said:
EazyB is not a person or a place, it's an idea.

LOL

For reals I am laughing hard haha

Schooly D

Hey, why was I never given the survey?

Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.
49, don't remember

AR or BR?
BR I guess

Favorite multiplayer map from Halo 2 and 3 (one of each).
Halo 2: Headlong
Halo 3: Avalanche if I had to pick one. Halo 3's maps were lackluster

Do you prefer BTB or MLG?
ULTRA MLG

Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?
Multiplayer

Games completed on Legendary.
All

Are you EazyB?
Don't know, don't care. Sorry.

Favorite Campaign missions (all games).
Halo 1: Two Betrayals
Halo 2: None stand out. Delta Halo I guess
Halo 3: The Covenant

Favorite Reach playlists.
Double Team
Flagstravaganza
Invasion

Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).
I don't have a Frankie erotica folder

Opinion on reticule bloom.
Deal with it

Opinion on Armor Abilities and most used one.
A great addition to the game. Makes things a lot more interesting, allows much more variation in gameplay and many more possibilities for custom games. Equipment in Halo 3 were lame and did basically nothing to vary gameplay: Regen protects you, Bubble Shield protects you, Power Drain hurts enemies, Trip Mine hurts enemies, etc. Their one-time-use nature did little to help this. Boring. Radar Jammer, Grav Lift, and Flare were the only worthwhile pieces of equipment because they actually intended to affect gameplay in interesting ways rather than "hurt / don't get hurt." Too bad they were basically useless except in very rare circumstances.

"Most used" can be a misleading metric since it's determined by what playlists you play in, but I usually pick Jetpack when it's available

Favorite Halogaffer, and least favorite. (optional)
FyreWulff is my favorite. For least favorite, don't know and don't care. Sorry.

vhfive

45 TS
AR or BR?
BR 4 lyfe
Sanctuary, The Pit
BTB
multi
CE, 3, ODST co-op, 2 and Reach solo
Are you EazyB?
I wish
Silent Cartographer
Squad Slayer
not as big as it should be
FUCK THAT
FUCK THAT
vhfive, Gui
<3 you now Gui

GhaleonEB

Steelyuhas said:
Movement speed you want 3 or 2? Reach's movement speed is a lot closer to 3's than 3's is to 2's (awful sentence lol). Halo 2's movement speed is significantly faster than 3 and Reach (part of what made is so awesome :p).

Much agreed on getting a good strafe back in Halo.
We can haggle, but as both are faster my general point was I'd like to have slightly faster movement speed. If for nothing than to get away from grenades easier (something the intertia also messes with).

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Usually the survey is given out when theres a wave of new juniors. I don't even remember when you were accepted. This started less an a year ago too.

GhaleonEB said:
We can haggle, but as both are faster my general point was I'd like to have slightly faster movement speed. If for nothing than to get away from grenades easier (something the intertia also messes with).

Alright I was just curious if you had something specific in mind, but completely agreed with the general point, needz faster movement.

Welcome, juniors!

I only have one question: Why are you a Halo fan?

It's very broad, I know, but I love hearing about why people are passionate about certain things.

And if you're only a casual fan, don't worry. I want to hear from you, too.

I'm going to be gone for a bit, but if HaloGAF starts bitching about my question, just send your answers to me in a PM. (You can do that now! Aren't you excited?)

Wh0 N0se

Hitmonchan107 said:
Welcome, juniors!

It's very broad, I know, but I love hearing about why people are passionate about certain things.

I'm going to be gone for a bit, but if HaloGAF starts bitching about my question, just send your answers to me in a PM. (You can do that now! Aren't you excited?)

I am a Halo fan basically because my friend played it. I used to own a Playstation, this was when I wasn't that into games, I went round my friends and he had Halo 3 which had recently been released.
I used to play the multiplayer with him and eventually after starting work, I bought myself an Xbox when we moved. Halo 3 was the game I got with it and I haven't looked back since.

I've bought every Halo since and look forward to more releases (Including the chance to actually complete the Combat Evolved campaign!).

Although, other than the games, I haven't read the books (Meant to read them, will sometime soon) but I like to keep up with the news as much as possible.

I also play lots of other games if that isn't clear.

So that's pretty much how Halo started for me :D (And I'm very glad it did!)

EDIT: Oh and this will be why I don't really complain about Halo getting progressively worse, because I haven't had the great pleasure (I'm sure) of playing the previous installments!

Hitmonchan107 said:
Welcome, juniors!

I've been a halo fan since Halo CE. I'm pretty disappointed that every game since Halo CE has been a letdown at least for me, and Microsoft seems to be leaning more towards paid downloadable contents, when, you guys should all remember a time when new map packs, including Halo Map Packs, used to be free.

stephen08

44 TS
AR or BR?
BR
Lockout and The Pit
BTB
Multiplayer, but I do love Firefight
CE, 3, ODST, Wars, Reach
Are you EazyB?
Nope
The Covenant
Team Objective
Good addition to the game. Pacing your shots to kill a spammer is so rewarding.
Like them except for Armor Lock. Most used is probably Sprint with Evade coming in close

50 TS/ 50 Snipes
AR or BR?
BR 4 lyfe
Sanctuary, The Pit
BTB for laughs, MLG if I feel competative.
multi
3, ODST, Reach
Are you EazyB?
I wish
Silent Cartographer
Squad Slayer
not as big as it should be
FUCK THAT
FUCK THAT
bobs99, Gui
<3 you now Gui

I just literally made a few minor modifications to get my answers in there VH, great minds think alike. :p

SchoolyD if your still reading this, I get the sense you dislike HaloGaf :p, where not all bad, you have to get znite to sign up!

Fyrewulff sup, I look forward to having many BR versus AR arguments with you. :p Its about time your a member here!

Willeth

I never did that either. Let's give this a go:

37 or thereabouts, in Lone Wolves

AR or BR?
BR

Didn't play much Halo 2 at all. In Halo 3 it's definitely avalanche.

BTB easily.

Multiplayer

3, ODST, Reach.

Are you EazyB?
I ask myself this question every morning. So far the result has been satisfactory.

Halo in 3, and Uplift Reserve in ODST. I like Warthogs.

Invasion, Action Sack.

External hard drive.

Fine. I'm not even sure why people see it as an issue.

I probably don't have a most-used. Sprint and Armour Lock are maybe roughly equal, but my least are definitely Hologram and Camo. I'm also fine with AAs.

FyreWulff

72 in Team Melee

AR or BR?
AR for Objective, BR for Team Slayer

Terminal
Longshore

BTB. I can't play as an Elite in Reach's MLG playlist.

Action Sack, SWAT, Objective if it actually had a population.

-77MB

If it wasn't there they'd just lock the guns to the precision firing rate, and it was there in previous games. Lrn2pace

I like them, at least half of them didn't end up deleted like most of Halo 3's equipment. Drop Shield should have been a pick up, Evade doesn't make sense as a pickup, Hologram is awesome when you pull off the distraction, Jetpacks are awesome, I know how to deal with armor lockers, and Sprint is well, Sprint. Camo is not OP, although I barely use it anymore. It definitely needs to be removed from all Firefight variants as the AI can see you if you're cloaked or not.

kylej

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
:lol :lol

Also, Kyle, don't be so harsh bro. We can't all be Arena Pro's like you ;]

I'll have you know that my elite group of dongers (EazyB, Booties, TJs, Tawpgun, Choco) - are arguably the greatest group of 4s to ever grace the Arena. If I learned how to jetpack and use the AR I would probably become the Pistola of Arena.

Trasher said:
How will you tie this all in to Walshy?

Walshy is the alpha and omega of Halo. All Halo relates to Walshy.

Tashi

I love bloom, it let's me shit on kids more often. Turn around a couple shots down and out br them because they get nervous and spam. I lol

Blueblur1

Zeouterlimits said:
Behave super irrationally. His first account got perma banned after he photoshopped a Bungie employee's head onto Saddam Hussein.

Often he had a lot of good & logical stuff to say, he was a smart guy, but his thoughts were often delivered by an upset scorpion.
First account?

Tunavi

Banned
FyreWulff said:
Drop Shield should have been a pick up
Bungie's design team was ridiculously stubborn about AA's as pick-ups in matchmaking. They act as if its a crime against humanity to put them in the matchmaking (aside from MLG). It probably would have worked really well. They put broken Bro Slayer variants into matchmaking but they couldn't make a single gametype with AA pickups? It's there, it's in the game, and it would have worked if they gave it a chance.

FyreWulff

Tunavi said:
Bungie's design team was ridiculously stubborn about AA's as pick-ups in matchmaking. They act as if its a crime against humanity to put them in the matchmaking (aside from MLG). It probably would have worked really well. They put broken Bro Slayer variants into matchmaking but they couldn't make a single gametype with AA pickups? It's there, it's in the game, and it would have worked if they gave it a chance.

They already explained this to the Community Cartographers when asked. They don't have powerups or AA pickups in mainstream matchmaking because the game was designed / they felt they didn't belong in the core experience. It is their game, ultimately.

The problem with Drop Shield as an AA is not the powerup itself persay, it's the fact that the whole team can use it at once. Which led to people making bubble tunnels, and most importantly led to teams objective holding by dropping a ton of shields over the teammate holding the objective.

If they had it in the beta (I don't think it was), I would have told them to increase the re-deploy time and make it so that deployed drop shields deactivate any drop shields they touch when spawned.

Alternately, I would have gone with something more akin to the Deployable Cover shape when deployed and not the Bubble Shield shape when deployed, so you'd actually be smart about which direction you deploy it in, and still allows people to bounce grenades around it to kill campers.

Unfortunately the only way to limit the Drop Shield is to make it a pickup.

Ultimately, I like the idea of people being able to play medic in Halo (it's my favorite class to play in BC2), it's just the way of doing it is OP when an entire team can select it off spawn.

FyreWulff said:
If it wasn't for all these multiplayer centric weeklies recently, I'd probably be something like 70/30 Firefight / Multiplayer. It's not that I don't like the multiplayer (I think it's the best out of all the Bungie Halo games), it's just that I like Firefight more. I mean, I do run an entire website centered around Firefight
Got room on your FL? I'm not as FF Pro as Ghaleon, but I've been known to be a mushroom cloud-laying muthafucka from time to time.

FyreWulff

squidhands said:
Got room on your FL? I'm not as FF Pro as Ghaleon, but I've been known to be a mushroom cloud-laying muthafucka from time to time.

I should, I purged about 30 people off the damn thing a couple weeks ago.

I gotta add more existing HaloGaf and some of the new juniors. Thought I was filling up my FL but I only have 66 friends :p GT: Hydranockz

Welcome new juniors! (Zalinkrow is still watching from afar :p)

neoism

Dax01 said:
I don't like jetpack for aforementioned reasons, and I don't like sprint either because that just encourages designers to make the base player speed really slow. A sprint functionality isn't something I associate with a Halo game.
Chief.... can do anything kill anyone.... but he can't fucking run. :/

I was thinking that the Halo CE achievments have the potential to really pull at some nostalgic heart strings:

Kill the marine who goes insane - 'Out of his misery'
Complete the Hog run - 'Is this a Puma? It sure has a mighty fine rawr!'
Rocket launcher a Banshee out of the air - 'Triggernometry'
Earn a 3sk in Classic++ settings - 'The quick and the dead'

The achievments have the potential to be awesome, I suck at generating ideas though. :p That last one will never happen but believe?

bobs99 ... said:
I was thinking that the Halo CE achievments have the potential to really pull at some nostalgic heart strings:

Kill the marine who goes insane - 'Out of his misery'
Complete the Hog run - 'Is this a Puma? It sure has a mighty fine rawr!'
Rocket launcher a Banshee out of the air - 'Triggernometry'
Earn a 3sk in Classic++ settings - 'The quick and the dead'

The achievments have the potential to be awesome, I suck at generating ideas though. :p That last one will never happen but believe?
"LOTR: The Two Towers"

Lazslo

46 TS
AR or BR?
Halo 2 BR. Now that I'm old as shit (25) the AR is looking good
Lockout, The Pit and now Highlands from Reach so good.
Team Objective/ Team Classic
Multiplayer Duh
CE, Halo: 3, ODST, (Reach is fucking hard on Legendary)
Are you EazyB?
Yes
Tsavo Highway
Team Classic or anything Highlands is in
Whatever
Whatever
An 8 beers deep-vhfive/Party snob Dax

45 in Team Slayer.

BUT I was much prouder of my 40 in Team Objective...before they canned that ranked playlist. :(

AR or BR?
BR

Zanzibar
Valhalla

BTB, far and away.

Competitive Multiplayer.

CE, 3, ODST co-op, 2 and Reach solo

Are you EazyB?

I don't know what this is.

I can't remember the names of campaign missions. Silent Cartographer gets thrown around alot, I'll go with that.

Team Slayer
Team Objective
BTB
Invasion

I don't know what this is.

Indifferent, but I will defend it against slanderers.

Love'em.

I use them all, depending on what my role on the team is and what the other team is using. I default to sprint though.

Letters, cause he makes me avatars. :D

zumphry

Banned
Favorite Halogaffer, and least favorite. (optional) -

Changing this to being my only option :smug:

Favourites: Sai-Kun, Zeouterlimits, Hydra, or drunk Hypertrooper

Least Favourite: Me, but since I'm barely a part of HaloGAF, I guess Ghaleon because he smells like old.

Hydranockz said:
Speaking of people we are not sure about...

salmon.jpg

Care to explain hitmonchan? :p

I think it is his brother's gamertag, as in he's away from his normal xbox.

That or he's at his girlfriend's house. I can't remember. I just know I've gotten the same "This is Hitmonchan" message and played with him. Unless this imposter has a very similar voice.

Tashi

I guess I should answer my own questions huh?

Letters said:
All of Tashi's, Ghal's questions and some more:

50 MLG
AR or BR?
BR
Midship. Saying Heretic is cheap so I'll say The Pit
MLG

Competitive Multiplayer
None
Are you EazyB?
Only when the moon is full
I don't know the names off the top of my head.

MLG
I don't know, I'd have to look.

It's not perfect but I love the DMR so it has to be doing something good.
If used properly they're great. Sprint is definitely my most used one

Juices and Letters are my favorites. Juices hooked my up with my capture card for free and has captured my Weekly Montages. Letters has made so many things for me in photoshop and I've been so pleased with them all <3

Least favorite: I don't need to say it

Don't go dodging around, answer all of these! :)

Top Bottom