• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Why the hell is there still a Pistol in Snipers. I love the whole Bungie day celebrations thing, but if they put that much effort into matchmaking the game itself would be a lot better off for it.

/bitter.

Should be good, cant wait for the Aerospace reveal. I really wanted one of those swag bags but I guess it wasnt meant to be.

thee henery said:
I do but the 8 bullet clip really delimits its effectiveness, plus on bad hosts it gets shredded by the AR. That's the thing with those two weapons, the clips are only sufficient for one kill from full shields - the DMR is capable of three kills in one clip. It's that old adage of wanting to feel like a badass in Halo, the way you're supposed to.
yeah bloom + tiny clips are really limiting

FyreWulff

bobs99 ... said:
Why the hell is there still a Pistol in Snipers. I love the whole Bungie day celebrations thing, but if they put that much effort into matchmaking the game itself would be a lot better off for it.

/bitter.

Should be good, cant wait for the Aerospace reveal. I really wanted one of those swag bags but I guess it wasnt meant to be.

Pistol secondary has been in Snipers since Halo 2 as a way for people to quickly go out of scope by weapon switching.

Although they added a feature in Reach where if you're holding a sniper rifle, you can completely descope by pressing Y even if you don't have a secondary weapon.

Either that or they want it there for more close encounters.

Tawpgun

Switched on Blue Flames and Bungie Nameplate in celebration of the anniversary. Don't care if its overused. I'll go back on July 8th.

FyreWulff

A27 Tawpgun said:
Switched on Blue Flames and Bungie Nameplate in celebration of the anniversary. Don't care if its overused. I'll go back on July 8th.

I predicted and confirmed that for some reason, people are annoyed if you have the Bungie nameplate on but Legendary flames :D That's how I'm rolling right now.

The Legendary flames are bigger

Also guys, the Bungiedayathon starts tommorow. You can win a painted commission from ZZombie13 now!

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1082135

Striker

FyreWulff said:
Pistol secondary has been in Snipers since Halo 2 as a way for people to quickly go out of scope by weapon switching.

Although they added a feature in Reach where if you're holding a sniper rifle, you can completely descope by pressing Y even if you don't have a secondary weapon.

Either that or they want it there for more close encounters.
Pretty sure it was simply the human Rifle and a Beam Rifle. And the Magnum in Halo 2 was a dual wielding weapon, while good for headshots, not nearly as powerful as the Reach one.

O D I N

A27 Tawpgun said:

Pretty much what I did.

May leave it after all is said and done. :shrug: Certainly the nameplate. Long live Bungie and all.

Out of curiosity, and maybe it's been answered before, but does 343 have anything like the nameplate/flames for just 343 employees?

FyreWulff

Striker said:
Pretty sure it was simply the human Rifle and a Beam Rifle. And the Magnum in Halo 2 was a dual wielding weapon, while good for headshots, not nearly as powerful as the Reach one.

It might have been at one point. I know it at least started as Human/Pistol with Sniper Rifles on map (remember, no infinite ammo in Halo 2)

Man, I miss the beam rifle in Reach. I was so much better with it than the Human rifle in both 2 and 3 and I don't even know why.

Tawpgun

O D I N said:
Pretty much what I did.

May leave it after all is said and done. :shrug: Certainly the nameplate. Long live Bungie and all.

Out of curiosity, and maybe it's been answered before, but does 343 have anything like the nameplate/flames for just 343 employees?
Well there is that ugly helmet from the defiant screen. But probably not.

FyreWulff said:
It might have been at one point. I know it at least started as Human/Pistol with Sniper Rifles on map (remember, no infinite ammo in Halo 2)

Man, I miss the beam rifle in Reach. I was so much better with it than the Human rifle in both 2 and 3 and I don't even know why.
and it was way better than the focus rifle

A27 Tawpgun said:
Well there is that ugly helmet from the defiant screen. But probably not.
I think you mean awesome helmet

Striker

FyreWulff said:

Limited ammo I thought restricted the camping on maps. It made for more movement. Too bad they went with the unlimited route in 3 and Reach.

FyreWulff

It's also a shame that they never patched being able to start with the Beam Rifle into Halo 3. I know it was cut out of the starting weapon collection for memory reasons, but you could tell that it was eventually re-added back onto all the disc maps later in their development (it's spot in the Forge list is never consistent). It eventually was actually available on all DLC maps too, but they never patched in being able to start with it without modding.

In fact, it's the only weapon available on all Halo 3 maps that you can't start with.

FyreWulff said:
It's also a shame that they never patched being able to start with the Beam Rifle into Halo 3. I know it was cut out of the starting weapon collection for memory reasons, but you could tell that it was eventually re-added back onto all the disc maps later in their development (it's spot in the Forge list is never consistent). It eventually was actually available on all DLC maps too, but they never patched in being able to start with it without modding.

In fact, it's the only weapon available on all Halo 3 maps that you can't start with.

I thought you couldn't start with the Carbine either.

FyreWulff said:

I don't think it could be patched. The beam rifle and carbine were left out of the .map files.

There was a hacked gametype that let you spawn with them on maps that supported the weapons.

Lazslo

I'm doing it.
Winners Lists.
Individuals may request the name of the Winners by sending an email to contest@Bungie.com or submitting a self-addressed, stamped, envelope before December 31, 2011 to Bungie Steaktacular Promotion, Winners’ List Request, 218 Main Street, PMB 724, Kirkland, WA 98033. Residents of Washington and Vermont may omit return postage.

Nori Chan

First day of the Bungie app a couple buddies and me used the bungie nameplate and flames.

We got some messages and FRs, but now it's old. Probably might turn into the all star one.

Crucio

The Real Napsta said:
I wonder how long we'll have to wait for this.
Not long, the tweet said it was already done.

Edit:
"RT @Danayoub Podcast done! Halo Anniversary goodness coming your way // You'll have to wait a couple weeks to listen. :)"
Dammit.

Jroderton said:
Also where do we get it from?
They usually post it on the front page of Halowaypoint.com
I used to have the url to the direct links page. Lost it! Gah!

Crucio said:
Not long, the tweet said it was already done.

Edit:
"RT @Danayoub Podcast done! Halo Anniversary goodness coming your way // You'll have to wait a couple weeks to listen. :)"
Dammit.

They usually post it on the front page of Halowaypoint.com
I used to have a link to the direct links page. Lost it! Gah!

lol

Hydranockz said:
Just thought I'd ask you, but what makes the Target Locator significantly less of a problem in BTB?

Umm it would destroy vehicles well? and it wouldn't be able to wipe a team out but more like half a team with a reallllly good shot.

GhaleonEB

I'm looking on the front page of bungie.net for the flames button to snag for my daughter (she's signed in), but the front page is a mess and we can't find it. Is it buried in one of the articles as well? We're not having any luck.

Tunavi

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
I'm looking on the front page of bungie.net for the flames button to snag for my daughter (she's signed in), but the front page is a mess and we can't find it. Is it buried in one of the articles as well? We're not having any luck.
Do a "hard refresh" on the page from the top scroll bar, not just F5. Should clear the page up.

vhfive

GhaleonEB said:
wat
right on the front page. there's a giant button

edit: beaten twice

Crucio

GhaleonEB said:
I had the same glitch at first. I was thinking, how could Bungie spam their website so badly! Lol.
Refreshing clears it up.

GhaleonEB

FyreWulff said:
Toggle one of the nameplates on and off, see if that works.
I figured it out. Live ID didn't like that I was signed into xbox.com and Natalie was signed into bungie.net. I signed her into both, and the button appears.

Yay! She's been rocking regular flames for a while now and is pretty excited about the blue ones. I'm old and jaded and stuff like this doesn't press my buttons in the same way, so it's good to have her enthusiasm around.

FyreWulff

GhaleonEB said:
I figured it out. Live ID didn't like that I was signed into xbox.com and Natalie was signed into bungie.net. I signed her into both, and the button appears.

Yay! She's been rocking regular flames for a while now and is pretty excited about the blue ones. I'm old and jaded and stuff like this doesn't press my buttons in the same way, so it's good to have her enthusiasm around.

It's kind of dorky, but I like this stuff because I now have every potential "thing" in Reach - 100% nameplates, every armor piece (preordered at Gamestop, lulz), and now every bonus armor piece (Legendary Fire and Bungie Fire).

It's like I just accidentally became a completionist whore. Thanks, Bungie.

Wu's still got me beat with his "Pro" nameplate in Halo 3 though.

Lazslo

A Bungie Podcast would be great for Bungie day. No excuses this time; they have something to talk about. Urk please get it done, You've been there for a couple years now, you have the power to move mountains
like getting some dudes in a room with frosty beverages and talk about new pretty things

Top Bottom